Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, anniebird said:

What makes her so obnoxious?

Okay this is a few years ago but she led a social media campaign to get Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet closed for being "racist" when the show replaced an African American lead. It later came out that the actor showed up not knowing the part. But she wouldn't back down, and blocked a bunch of people who respectfully pointed out to her that there was way more backstage drama behind the firing and the musical had an extremely diverse cast.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4

Okay, the producers must be holding the puppies of all the nominees hostage, because they are ALL talking as briefly as possible and running off the stage.  

Whoa, they bleeped Ray Romano?! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

To be fair, I suspect any time you quote Joe Pesci, at least five cuss words will be included.

Bombshell wasn't as great as it could have been, but deserved win, because it was freaky as hell how much Charlize Theron looked like Megyn Kelly

Edited by thuganomics85
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Toodleoo said:

Awww that poor woman, being the first to get played off/shut off.

There's an art to the first person speaking and drawing the second one over to get a word in. But when the first speaker just recites a list like this guy did, and he also kept saying "our" and "we," he (1) made it seem like he was speaking for both of them and (2) made the producer less patient about letting a second person speak, in my opinion. 

• Love 1
Just now, Mystery said:

There's an art to the first person speaking and drawing the second one over to get a word in. But when the first speaker just recites a list like this guy did, and he also kept saying "our" and "we," he (1) made it seem like he was speaking for both of them and (2) made the producer less patient about letting a second person speak, in my opinion. 

Agree, I just can’t imagine how frustrating it was for his colleague 😞

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Pretty sure visual effects was the Irishman's last real chance to get on the board.  Shutout pending...

When Scorcese made his remarks about superhero films not being "real cinema", I had to wonder how many people besides just other directors and actors.  I mean, superhero films hire small country's worth of people, not just in artistic but tech.  How many of those people took out their anger in their Oscar vote?

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

My cats have now requested a microphone for their next toy. 

Be careful, there's an industry nickname for furry microphone wind screens.