Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LuvScottishAccents said:

I wish I could like Will Farrell. I just...can’t. Never have.

For some reason I love Elf -- but I can't deal with him in anything else, ever.  I don't know why that's the one and only movie of his I can sit through.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5

Whoa!  Okay, didn't see Ford vs. Ferrari taking this one.  Then again, I may have listened to a few too many Oscar prognosticators who say that the Film Editing award usually goes to the movie that's going to win Best Picture...and I don't see that being Ford vs. Ferrari.

Wow that's a shocker. I was expecting Parasite to win Film Editing - they had 3 of the most glorious sequences in any movie this past year. 

And usually, Editing is a good precursor for BP win. But I don't think anyone has FvF high in their list tonight.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Ford v Ferrari again?  There must be loyal section of voters who really loved it, and just happen to be in the right categories.

I read an article somewhere that said that tech guys in the Academy really loved FORD VS. FERRARI.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

For some reason I love Elf -- but I can't deal with him in anything else, ever.  I don't know why that's the one and only movie of his I can sit through.

Try Stranger Than Fiction. He's very un-Will-Ferrell-like.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

I am exactly the same. I LOVED Elf and thought he was perfect. He makes me cringe in everything else. It was funny - when he and Julia walked up to present I told my hub, "well, this will make the message board come alive!". 

• LOL 5
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Damn FvsF has two and I didn’t think it would get one?! 

I think it did pretty well at the box office, a fact the Academy doesn't overlook.

• Love 1

The Academy Museum, which Tom Hanks was just talking about, is in my neck of the woods -- and its opening has been delayed and delayed and delayed over the last couple of years.  December of this year, after the previous delays, is crazy.  It should be opening next month, after all this time!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

I figure Kirk Douglas won't be included given how recently he died.

I would put good money on him being included.  They will not wait a year for that recognition. 

• Love 9