Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

Im 100% here the the audience singing along to Lose Yourself. How did they keep that secret?

And that's how you know the right song won.  I've looked back on some of these best song winners and been all "huh! I don't remember that song."

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL...young people singing along....old people looking confused...

There were a couple older people really getting into it with the one lady head bobbing so hard her hair was flying. Who were they? I'm going to feel stupid if they were people I should really recognize considering my age.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I just want to watch audience reactions more! Half the crowd is singing along and clearly super excited, and the other half looks either confused or concerned! 

Some of the latter cracked me up so much... 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

While I'm not sure if James Mangold should have been nominated, I do think he is one of those directors whose film are always good (Ford v Ferrari, Logan, 3:10 to Yuma), and I do appreciate that he seems to know how to make a crowd-pleaser.

1917 finally gets on the board.

• Love 2

I always like seeing the middle of the show awards. They might not be as glamorous as the acting/directing categories, but these are the people that makes movies happen. Sound editing is the kind of thing you might not notice...until you see a movie doing it poorly and you realize how important it is. 

• Love 20

Tosses ballot in air.  I GOT THE SOUND WINNERS MIXED UP!

I figured all the vroom vrooms would get mixing while silence silence boom BOOM silence would get editing.

Best ballot mixing goes to mehhhhh!!!

Edited by kittykat
  • LOL 13

The awards really are being spread around this year.  Nothing is running the board. And how on earth are they keeping the speeches short?  I don't think anyone has gone on and on about their agent, their manager, their PR person, their dog walker, hair stylist, etc.  Very refreshing!

• Love 4
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I always like seeing the middle of the show awards. They might not be as glamorous as the acting/directing categories, but these are the people that makes movies happen. Sound editing is the kind of thing you might not notice...until you see a movie doing it poorly and you realize how important it is. 

Exactly. The acting awards are fun cause we know who they are but these categories are the people who help them look good so I’m glad they get their moment. 

• Love 8