Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, slowpoked said:

I wonder if they would do those bits introducing the Best Picture nominees. An hour in and there's no BP nom introduced yet.

Maybe they’ll unleash a world record breaking montage just before giving the award. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Christy Metz is SO NERVOUS but recovered nicely.  Also her two dresses tonight has been the best outfits she has ever worn.  

She always dresses horribly for these things. I get it, she's a big woman. I'm a big woman, used to actually weigh 100 pounds more and I'm still a size 18, but she tends to wear things with 100 extra yards of fabric which do her no favors. She really needs to dress slimmer, not bigger, and she'd look so much better at awards shows. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

Chrissy Metz. She is on This is Us. She was also in S4 of American Horror Story.

I enjoyed her performance. I thought her singing sounded better than her singing on her show.

I probably should have closed captioning on because often I don't recognize some presenters and they announce the names so quickly.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

It used to be said that whatever film won Best Costume Design would invariably go on to win Best Picture.  I don't think that's case anymore...

Really?  I just took a quick peruse of the Costume Design winners and they don't match up all that often (over the last 40 years at any rate; I didn't go any further back than that).  I only see 10 years where Costume Design and Picture match up in that time (The Artist, LOTR: Return of the King, Chicago, Shakespeare In Love, Titanic, The English Patient, The Last Emperor, Amadeus, Ghandi, Chariots of Fire).

Edited by Steph J
Edited because no, Mad Max: Fury Road did not win Best Picture
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Regarding Hair Love, a question, I haven’t seen it yet, but in the clip for it 

Hide contents

did they give away the twist that I read about this morning?

If so, I’m a little bummed.

you mean the clip shown during the awards? No. 

Best Animated Feature is my one ballot ruiner so far.  Figured Little Women and Jojo Rabbit would split costume and screenplay so glad they're on the board.

Noticed the lack of best picture bits.  It's fine.  It's not like we don't know what they are.

Holy shit I picked Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone not knowing any of the DSS noms.  Woohoo!

• Love 1