Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thuganomics85

The Annual Academy Awards Topic

Why do so many dresses this year have these weirdly large ruffle things? 

Surprised production design didn't go to 1917.

• Like 2

Just now, yowsah1 said:

Has any movie won more than one Oscar yet? These awards are all over the map...

OUATIH has won 2 awards now.

Just now, yowsah1 said:

Has any movie won more than one Oscar yet? These awards are all over the map...

With Set Design, OUATIH has two.

Edited by AimingforYoko

2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So this is when we find out the dresses are part of the bit right?!?

If only.  They wore these on the red carpet.

• Laugh 2

Improv Night at the Dolby Theater. Two drink minimum.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Bleah. While my fingers are in my ears, lemme just say that overall the dresses this year are saaaaaad except for Regina King, Cynthia Erivo, Mindy Kaling, and Janelle Monae.

• Like 2

I just realized that the music being played in the background when they're reading through the nominees is from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

• Like 1

The women of SNL are amazingly talented but when they get on these award shows they come across as insufferably full of themselves.

• Like 9

It used to be said that whatever film won Best Costume Design would invariably go on to win Best Picture.  I don't think that's case anymore...

Ohhhhh shut up ladies...the bit that went on too long.

Now this is a shame because I think the Dolemite costumer designer had it on everybody this past year.  Not saying no love for LW...but just not my choice.  

Haha I kind of love that a costume designer is basically wearing a sweatshirt to the Oscars.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Christy Metz is SO NERVOUS but recovered nicely.  Also her two dresses tonight has been the best outfits she has ever worn.  

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Toodleoo said:

Haha I kind of love that a costume designer is basically wearing a sweatshirt to the Oscars.

Same theory as going to a barber who's sporting a bad cut.

Just now, mariah23 said:

Chrissy Metz from This is Us.

She has a better voice in real life than they make her character have on the show. I have never been impressed with her singing before but liked her here.

• Like 8

Just now, mtlchick said:

Christy Metz is SO NERVOUS but recovered nicely.  Also her two dresses tonight has been the best outfits she has ever worn.  

I had no idea she sings, and I’m sad she’s being a little drowned out by the mixing.

• Like 1

Oh God, this is all a This Is Us fantasy sequence isn’t it?!? Kate’s imagining her dream coming true as her marriage implodes, is this even the Oscars?!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 11

Just now, Sharpie66 said:

No intro for this singer—who is she?

Chrissy Metz. She is on This is Us. She was also in S4 of American Horror Story.

I wonder if they would do those bits introducing the Best Picture nominees. An hour in and there's no BP nom introduced yet.

Are Maya and Kristen done yet orrrr...?

Chrissy was very breathy at the beginning but she recovered nicely.  That song didn’t seem to have a lot of substance though.

Backing up a sec, the Thai singer in the Frozen montage is the most beautiful woman who has been onstage tonight.

• Like 1

There was a teeny little thing on the side of the stage introducing the song and movie, but I couldn't read it on my teeny little TV.

• Like 1

She must be a better actress than singer? Can not stand Chrissy Metz, her sappy show, or that sappy movie she was in. What a waste of the Oscar song spot.

• Like 6