Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Sandra Powell and Beaker have never been seen in the same room together...

IMG_20200209_185243.jpg

Not the only Muppets-esque look this evening.  Right before they cut to commercial there was a gent going up the stairs that looked like a graying Animal (although it might have been Bruce Valance)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Noah and Greta are a nice couple. 

It's funny, a lot of the talk has been about Greta's snub for Director (rightly so, IMO) but she has a far greater chance to walk out with an Oscar than Noah, who I feel has no shot.

Who is this unkempt old man?

Oh, that was Pacino?

Get those chryons up, people. I thought it was some poor homeless guy who wandered onto the carpet.

Edited by ABay
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Y'know, I love Billy Porter, really I do, but I feel like he's just trying too hard now to keep up with this edgy, campy image.  But I do like his outfit tonight.

I’m liking this a lot more than the butterfly ensemble that’s for sure.  I think his white outfit for the Golden Globes was his best this year. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, saoirse said:

I really feel like I put more effort in to getting ready for tonight then Pacino did.

I know I did, however it's because I'm T-Minus 40 minutes from beginning prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon.

SPOILER: I may be in and out of the conversation this evening.  I'll offer my good evening's right now...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Al Pacino probably hates attending these sorts of events.  He just wants to be done with it.

There was a short write up on him and DeNiro talking about how to Oscar campaigning has changed a lot since they won decades ago and how much more work there is now. The upside to this is they get to see each other more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, kib said:

I know I did, however it's because I'm T-Minus 40 minutes from beginning prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon.

SPOILER: I may be in and out of the conversation this evening.  I'll offer my good evening's right now...

Arrrgh, my sympathies for the prep!  Hope all goes well tomorrow.

• Love 3

Salma, you must have enough cash to pay for the other sleeve?

I think she looks very nice, I just hate the one-sleeve thing.

And I see Renee is also strapped for cash. Or ran out fo the house so quickly she forgot the other sleeve.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1