Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

America's dress color is nice but the hair and headband make it look like she's in costume for something set in the Renaissance.

Another ad break? Jesus. Just keep the picture in picture, why don't you E, so you can just run ads all the time?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Julia Butters' dress is a bit mature for her age.

Her interview just reinstates my belief that kids should not be at these events and especially not interviewed. It’s giving them too much responsibility and putting them directly into the public eye. They’re kids, they shouldn’t be at adult events. No wonder most of them end up so messed up.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Julia Butters' dress is a bit mature for her age.

I don't think I would like her dress on someone older either. The puffy sleeves and collar do not seem to go together.

I didn't know America Ferrera was pregnant. She looks great.

• Love 1

I don't mind Julia at the show.  She had a memorable couple of scenes in OUaTiH and it's nice she gets to be a part of it.  I think I'd find the dress more endearing in a different color.  It reminds me of Anne Shirley's puffed sleeve gown.

Chrissy Metz looks great tonight.  I alway think she looks great on her show, but have have been disappointed with her red carpet looks until now.

1 minute ago, kittykat said:

I don't mind Julia at the show.  She had a memorable couple of scenes in OUaTiH and it's nice she gets to be a part of it.  I think I'd find the dress more endearing in a different color.  It reminds me of Anne Shirley's puffed sleeve gown.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with her being there. It's the after parties where things can get dicey.

• Love 2

The more I see the little girl's dress, the more I dislike it. As was said upthread, the sleeves and the collar look like they're from 2 different outfits. Maybe a plainer top with a simple collar would've been better.

• Love 2
Just now, Browncoat said:

Not feeling the fringe on Laura, but otherwise I like it.  The black breaks up the baby pink nicely.

I did like it. It reminded me of Worth gowns from 100 years ago.  I meant that in a good way.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I had a feeling that Julia sent in a picture of what she wanted to Christian. It looks like something a 10 year old would dream up. Good for him for working with it. She looks so happy.

It sounded like Julia was very specific with what she wanted. I appreciated that the E! commentators didn't really take on the dress itself - they were supportive of her, and that was nice to see.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

These JoJo kids are great.  They're having so much fun!

They were soooooo good in the movie.  Julia Butters too.  So young!  I think back to myself at `10.....geez!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

These JoJo kids are great.  They're having so much fun!

1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

They are adorable.  

Loved the little dance the one boy did - those kids are really kids, because that's what my nephew that age would do!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Is that Mount Doom that the diamond is coming from?

I despise the top of Catriona Balfe's dress.

She is so gorgeous, but some of her fashion choices make me shake my head. I guess I don’t understand high fashion, but this does nothing for me - or her!

Billie Eilish looking pretty much as expected.  

Loving the JoJo Rabbit kids.

Agree with above, the amount of color is nice.  And so many.  The other trend was one specific color running rampant.  Like the ALL PURPLE or gray years.  

Edited by kittykat
  • Love 2