Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CherryMalotte said:

The Documentary Branch of the Academy is long known for their WTF choices.  Hoop Dreams anyone?  I think all the docs that were nommed were deserving, but yes that beautiful day in the neighborhood was, my pick this year and I was surprised it got no Academy love.  Not shocked though.  

Seriously.  Paris is Burning?!?!  Speaking of.... Billy Porter's outfit is supposed to be an homage to Hector Xtravaganza who wore something very like it first.

• Love 2
Just now, PepSinger said:

I'm glad Vice won, but this is cringeworthy to watch. Yikes.

Normally I feel bad when winners get played off, but the orchestra was doing us a favour.  That was PAINFUL to sit through. 

• Love 17

I know this is old now, but asThe Fug Girls would say the lady who won for Free Solo’s dress could use a hoik and a liner but otherwise it’s super pretty.

I don’t care how juvenile it is, the rabbit puppet tickled me.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I haven't seen the movie Melissa McCarthy won the Razzie for, but does it have anything to do with the rabbit she had?

It's a reference to The Favourite and Queen Anne's pet bunnies.

ETA: I see Steph J beat me to the comment by a minute.

Edited by GreekGeek
  • Love 1