Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm so glad RBG didn't win. It's a fine watch, but there's nothing particularly exceptional about it as a documentary.  Its nomination was a case of embracing the subject matter rather than recognizing the skill of the filmmaking.

• Love 2

I guess I expect the show to go over. I do not really care that much since I expect it. It usually depends on the host for me on how much I enjoy the show, but I tend to become a movie snob during awards season so I just enjoy the show in general.

• Love 5
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

If the people in his row have any sense then yes he will be!

I am going to start taking pools on which actor will ‘accidentally’ trip and fall all over him and then feign a sprained ankle so they must be carried away by him.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, AnswersWanted said:

I am going to start taking pools on which actor will ‘accidentally’ trip and fall all over him and then feign a sprained ankle so they must be carried away by him.  

I’m also hoping that Regina’s mom ends up as his new BFF. 

• Love 1

I wasn't able to watch the red carpet earlier, so I just skimmed through some photo montages on a couple sites.  It  seems I missed the announcement that the theme of night is hideous dresses - ill-fitting, enormous bows, unbecoming tiers, thigh slits too high, décolletage too low.  Yikes!

So is this the part where I can take 20 minutes to go wash the dishes and not miss anything?

My notes while the site wasn’t working:

I love Jimmy Chin’s photography and Yosemite is pretty much my favorite place on earth (besides my bed), so I should probably watch Free Solo at some point.

I’d want to win just so Chris Evans could help me up the stairs, even if I didn’t need help up the stairs (cause let’s face it, I’d probably wear flats instead of heels, I have weak knees)

Whiskey Cavalier: I hope Lauren Cohan’s regular American accent is slightly less cringeworthy than her Southern accent from TWD. I’ll be skipping this new show.

Tom Morello, hi!! That man + a guitar = oh yes.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Jason gives everyone fist bumps as they come up. 

I actually met Jason one time before he was super famous right after GoT came out. He gave me a jello shot 🙂 

He’s a hot man guy he looked a hot mess this evening. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

That’s insanity to me. What were the Academy voters thinking?!?!

The Documentary Branch of the Academy is long known for their WTF choices.  Hoop Dreams anyone?  I think all the docs that were nommed were deserving, but yes that beautiful day in the neighborhood was, my pick this year and I was surprised it got no Academy love.  Not shocked though.  

• Love 1