Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

OMG, interviewer girl in green on ABC, STFU.

That's Wendy McClendon-Covey.  I loved her on Reno 9-1-1 and I understand her trying something new, but I think she's out of her depth here.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Timothee looks like he's in a bad rental. 

I feel bad for laughing but this is so true.

I hope Armie is feeling good enough to be there tonight.

Edited by Amethyst
11 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Meh on Elizabeth Moss. It's not terrible. But I'm out on very pale women wearing very pale colors. 

Oh god same! At least add a dark border or pattern. Otherwise it’s too close to naked dress, which I’m certain they aren’t going for. 

In other news: LIN!!!!!!

• Love 2

Is JLaw still with Dior? That dress has weird lines. It chops up her body and makes her look shorter. 

Greta Gerwig. Flattering cut and color. Not sure about all the paillettes? It's unclear what they are in the photo I'm looking at. 

I finally found Jennifer Garner. I like it. I don't think it's as sexy as you guys made it out to be. But she looks fantastic and that's a great cobalt. I'm not sure about that fabric winding around the bodice and down her back. I feel like there was another way to get there. 

Hair is pretty simple on the whole. Lots of classic soft waves and boring updos. I feel like the WOC are the only ones bringing some variety.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, is Saorse wearing a tea length dress?

Did they interview anyone from Black Panther yet?

Oh, Nicole.  Those things on your hips...

Edited by Amethyst
2 hours ago, ABay said:

On Deadline (I think) they said E! was considering using a delay in case anyone mentioned the accusations against Seacrest.

I saw something online, I think in my social media, that said Ryan would be interviewing celebrities specifically chosen for him (as in "Ryan friendly", I guess). That was an option discussed in the last few days.

Allison Janney for best dressed! From what I've seen. Stunning! Just stunning! The hair, the makeup, the skin, the jewels, the fit of the dress, the color! Those sleeves might be awkward throughout the night, but who cares! Werk it out!

• Love 3

If you're not looking at the Vulture page, Andra Day is bringing it. She's lounging on the ground like a queen. For a second I thought she was Rihanna. Unsure about the dress because I'm so mesmerized by this pose and her confidence. WORK!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, aradia22 said:

If you're not looking at the Vulture page, Andra Day is bringing it. She's lounging on the ground like a queen. For a second I thought she was Rihanna. Unsure about the dress because I'm so mesmerized by this pose and her confidence. WORK!

Rihanna was my first thought, too.  Definitely see her wearing that, especially the hair.

Meryl looks good. Lots of people going for the low necklines. I think it's a bit unfocused now that it isn't following that 70's trend. 

Yessss Lupita. Danai looks simple but beautiful.

Meh on Emma Stone. It's a look that almost works. But I would remove the pink sash and change the fabric for the jacket or the pants. It's too much shine on shine. Also it could use a necklace or a top inside... just something to create visual interest aside from the lack of cleavage. Your attention should go to that area or to her face and yet it keeps getting drawn down to the pink bow. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Nicole Kidman’s wearing color! And Meryl looks good too! I don’t like the straight hair parted down the middle look on Sandra. Don’t really like it on anyone!

i love Sandra and Nicole just chatting with each other!

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 3

Loving Sandra Bullock. Maybe she's just covering more skin but she looks healthier and not so thin. 

Does Sally Hawkins dress look better under indoor lighting? Because I am underwhelmed. 

Love Gal Gadot's makeup. Don't love the dress. What is with these designers breaking up the body? Enough with ombre and bed skirts. It looks like you ran out of fabric and I hate it. We finally killed the high/low thing.