Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Wow, the E! folks are loving Salma's dress. 

TBH, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone on the pre-shows say anything negative about something they see on the red carpet.  Even if it ends up on the worst dressed list a few days later.  

That slit is too high, Taraji.  I hate it when it practically goes up to the waist.

• Love 2

Juliana Rancic has been through a LOT with her health, God bless her! But, she's old school fashion police criticizing everybody, so here goes--- I'm sure her fake tan is uber expensive, but her skin looks hella dry! 

O.M.G. Whoopi. NO! Dear God, No!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

Who the hell are these women hosts on ABC? How is it I've literally never seen them before or even heard their names? 

I know Wendi McLendon-Covey from Reno 911 (hysterical show) but the other lady...no idea. 

• Love 1

Miguel is working a look I would have loved on Chadwick. Coat over the suit. Very much like a cape. Very kingly. 

Taraji looks gorgeous but I agree that's just boring dress with a crazy high slit. And the whole look is a little witchy. 

Just now, Ohwell said:

Mary J:  Thats what happens when you get tats when you're younger.  Her dress looks great but the tattoos cheapen the look.

ITA. I literally just said that to my husband!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

That slit is too high, Taraji.  I hate it when it practically goes up to the waist.

Agreed.  Some of these women are trying too hard and she's one of them.  I loved her hair and makeup though.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

On the Red Carpet, I think it's ok for pictures. However, in person, Ladies! It's waay too much! From certain angles we can see your coochie! If the slit on your dress requires a bikini wax, it's too high!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

WTF Whoopee??!!

She was not looking good at all.  I feel badly for her about her hair.  She needs to stick with her big shirt wardrobe.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

I love Whoopi's gown.
My ABC affiliate is finally showing the red carpet coverage.  These interviewers except for Michael Strahan are terrible.  I'm embarrassed for them.

Yeah, Strahan's effortless and so personable. The others, not so much. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

These interviewers except for Michael Strahan are terrible.  I'm embarrassed for them.

I agree...although it's hard to be entertaining and festive when one of the main topics is, "So tell me more about being harassed."

• Love 5

I, for one, remember what Whoopi has worn to past award shows, and am grateful that she looks somewhat put together. When we could have had a giant garbage bag, pillow case, or tarp, paired with neon coloured sneakers, we instead got a gown (a Christian Siriano no less!). This is somewhat of an achievement for Whoopi. 

• Love 11

Margot’s ensemble is putting me to sleep.  Including her hair.

Zendaya’s would work if the fabric was more tailored on the shoulder.  It looks like it’s melting off of her.  And the color is drab.

• Love 4

Dissenting voice... I like that Whoopi went glam, wore a dress, and wore colors. It's not my favorite look but I don't hate it. 

On the other hand, Tiffany Haddish made... too much of a choice. She doesn't look bad. But it's not appropriate for the event. 

• Love 2
Just now, Sugar said:

I, for one, remember what Whoopi has worn to past award shows, and am grateful that she looks somewhat put together. When we could have had a giant garbage bag, pillow case, or tarp, paired with neon coloured sneakers, we instead got a gown (a Christian Siriano no less!). This is somewhat of an achievement for Whoopi. 

Well if you pair it with Timberlands and awful hair, it doesnt matter that its custom made Siriano, it looks like shit!  imo of coirse!

• Love 1