Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thuganomics85

The Annual Academy Awards Topic

1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

Nasty allegations of sexual harassment from his clothing stylist of 6+ years. Just gross. Nobody was sure he would show his face tonight.

Oh dear. I'll google. Thanks, though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

Jesus Wendi McLendon-Covey. Boobs!!

A peak of cleavage can be really sexy. Instead, her dress has been spread open like they're about to perform open heart surgery on her. I don't consider that a classy look, especially at a black tie type of event.

• Like 3

Just now, Browncoat said:

I want to see it the first time.  I am going to on Tuesday.

You're gonna love it! Enjoy!

Just now, ABay said:

Did Chadwick Boseman get lost on the way to the Grammys? That is just not an Oscars jacket.

It looks to me like he's just bringing the style of T'Challa's wardrobe. I loved it.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

Nasty allegations of sexual harassment from his clothing stylist of 6+ years. Just gross. Nobody was sure he would show his face tonight.

It will come out he did Nothing wrong.  There is more to it with the woman who accused him.  E! Cleared him immediately and said no proof.  No one who knows her believes her. 

• Like 1

Are you guys talking about the same person? 

ETA: Wendy McClendon-Covey and the Get Out woman are both in green but only one looks like she forgot the front of her dress, and it isn't Wendy.

Edited by ABay
  • Like 2

Mary J. Blige looks faker than fake with all that makeup, even by Hollywood standards. 

• Like 1

HELP PEOPLE? I AM NOT TECHY Can I watch this on the internet? I need to be in the kitchen and there's no tv in there, but I can take the laptop. TIA> I can DVR it n the bedroom and watch later ,but that's not as fun.

Edited by ari333

1 minute ago, ABay said:

Did Chadwick Boseman get lost on the way to the Grammys? That is just not an Oscars jacket.

I think he looks fabulous.  My favorite male so far.  Seems very African in styling which is absolutely the fashion statement I hoped and expected he would make.  I haven't see a full on shot of him yet.  I only saw him from the side in the crowd.  I'm off to look for a photo...

• Like 11

Ooh, Daniel Kaluuya coming in hot with a CHOICE. I still prefer a navy suit if we're going for a color but I like that men are starting to make more interesting choices. 

• Like 6

Just now, ari333 said:

HELP PEOPLE? I AM NOT TECHY Can I watch this on the internet? I need to be in the kitchen and there's no tv in there, but I can take the laptop. TIA> I can DVR it but that's not as fun.

abc.com has the option to watch live. 

• Like 1

Ok one more thing about Titanic and I'll shut up about it (but those Oscars WERE 20 years ago this year so I feel historic).

I’m still salty that Leo wasn’t even nominated.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ari333 said:

John Mahoney.... *sigh* loved him

While a household name, I don’t think “big” enough for the final slot. And I would be impressed if David Ogden Stiers got edited in at the last minute.

I'm not in love with Chadwick's suit. I don't mind the detailing. I just think it needs something extra to pull it together... maybe a shiny fabric for the tie or the lapels or the jacket. It just doesn't feel totally cohesive. I'm also not sold on the thin lapels. 

While a household name, I don’t think “big” enough for the final slot. And I would be impressed if David Ogden Stiers got edited in at the last minute.

Oh my God, that's so sad. I didn't know until now. 

Does Daniel Kaluuya work for Century 21?

Or is the pumpkin for Tiffany's Cinderella.

Edited by ABay
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wings said:

It will come out he did Nothing wrong.  There is more to it with the woman who accused him.  E! Cleared him immediately and said no proof.  No one who knows her believes her. 

Sounds like Harvey Weinstein.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ABay said:

Does Daniel Kaluuya work for Century 21?

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your comment. lmao

Wow, the E! folks are loving Salma's dress. 

I like Allison Williams' dress.

Edited by Thumper

I wouldn't even get mad at my SO for drooling over that woman in the yellow dress.  Yowza.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Sounds like Harvey Weinstein.

No,  not at all.  I can’t take time now to type it out.  She has zero credibly.  

Edited by Wings

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Wow, the E! f. olks are loving Salma's dress. 

Gotta disagree. Too much frou frou.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I want to see it the first time.  I am going to on Tuesday.

Just saw it for the first time last night and I’m still reeling.  It’s incredible.  Have a great time!

Whoa, what is Salma wearing?  Just a no from top to bottom.

I'm not blown away by anyone's look yet. I guess if I had to choose, Alison Janney is winning so far. Ashley Judd looks nice, I like the color of her dress. And Jordan Peele for the fellows. Teehee.

• Like 1

abc.com not available in my area WTF? I have it on my freakin tv in the other room. any other options  for laptop viewing in the kitchen?

Edited by ari333
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wings said:

Well, it was probably altered.  Still she looked great for 80!   Her arms and skin looked much younger. 

She’s actually 86.

• Like 3

Who invited these Olympians? This is weird. This is not the MTV movie awards. Why are all these people not affiliated with the academy attending the show?

• Like 2