Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

Nasty allegations of sexual harassment from his clothing stylist of 6+ years. Just gross. Nobody was sure he would show his face tonight.

Oh dear. I'll google. Thanks, though!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

Jesus Wendi McLendon-Covey. Boobs!!

A peak of cleavage can be really sexy. Instead, her dress has been spread open like they're about to perform open heart surgery on her. I don't consider that a classy look, especially at a black tie type of event.

• Love 3
Just now, ABay said:

Did Chadwick Boseman get lost on the way to the Grammys? That is just not an Oscars jacket.

It looks to me like he's just bringing the style of T'Challa's wardrobe. I loved it.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

Nasty allegations of sexual harassment from his clothing stylist of 6+ years. Just gross. Nobody was sure he would show his face tonight.

It will come out he did Nothing wrong.  There is more to it with the woman who accused him.  E! Cleared him immediately and said no proof.  No one who knows her believes her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Are you guys talking about the same person? 

ETA: Wendy McClendon-Covey and the Get Out woman are both in green but only one looks like she forgot the front of her dress, and it isn't Wendy.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2
(edited)

HELP PEOPLE? I AM NOT TECHY Can I watch this on the internet? I need to be in the kitchen and there's no tv in there, but I can take the laptop. TIA> I can DVR it n the bedroom and watch later ,but that's not as fun.

Edited by ari333
1 minute ago, ABay said:

Did Chadwick Boseman get lost on the way to the Grammys? That is just not an Oscars jacket.

I think he looks fabulous.  My favorite male so far.  Seems very African in styling which is absolutely the fashion statement I hoped and expected he would make.  I haven't see a full on shot of him yet.  I only saw him from the side in the crowd.  I'm off to look for a photo...

• Love 11
Just now, ari333 said:

HELP PEOPLE? I AM NOT TECHY Can I watch this on the internet? I need to be in the kitchen and there's no tv in there, but I can take the laptop. TIA> I can DVR it but that's not as fun.

abc.com has the option to watch live. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ari333 said:

John Mahoney.... *sigh* loved him

While a household name, I don’t think “big” enough for the final slot. And I would be impressed if David Ogden Stiers got edited in at the last minute.

I'm not in love with Chadwick's suit. I don't mind the detailing. I just think it needs something extra to pull it together... maybe a shiny fabric for the tie or the lapels or the jacket. It just doesn't feel totally cohesive. I'm also not sold on the thin lapels. 

While a household name, I don’t think “big” enough for the final slot. And I would be impressed if David Ogden Stiers got edited in at the last minute.

Oh my God, that's so sad. I didn't know until now. 

5 minutes ago, Wings said:

It will come out he did Nothing wrong.  There is more to it with the woman who accused him.  E! Cleared him immediately and said no proof.  No one who knows her believes her. 

Sounds like Harvey Weinstein.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Sounds like Harvey Weinstein.

No,  not at all.  I can’t take time now to type it out.  She has zero credibly.  

Edited by Wings
10 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I want to see it the first time.  I am going to on Tuesday.

Just saw it for the first time last night and I’m still reeling.  It’s incredible.  Have a great time!

Whoa, what is Salma wearing?  Just a no from top to bottom.

(edited)

abc.com not available in my area WTF? I have it on my freakin tv in the other room. any other options  for laptop viewing in the kitchen?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1