Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Another gold explosion dress on the fashion cam. I'm all for making the choices you want but I feel like a lot of these ladies do not realize that if you take too many tips from drag makeup artists you will end up looking a bit like a drag queen.

Rosamund Pike's dress is gorgeous.

I'm not a fan of the style, love the color, the top looks like a sea shell.  

I don't know if I like Julianne Moore's dress.  

I do like Kerry Washington's.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I keep thinking about Lady Gaga in the Sound of Music tribute. She's either going to come out dressed as one of the creepy goat puppets, or wearing them.

Is it wrong that I think that would be awesome?

Lara Spencer makes me stabby.

• Love 2

I keep thinking about Lady Gaga in the Sound of Music tribute. She's either going to come out dressed as one of the creepy goat puppets, or wearing them.

I think she'll be fine. She's in her Christina Aguilera, I'm classy and a throwback artist now phase.

• Love 3

I don't like the placement of those flowers on Julianne Moore's dress. It segments her body awkwardly. But it's a fine dress. While everyone says she's a lock, I think she's hedging her bets nicely. If you wear too nice of a dress, you don't win. You never win in your best dress. See: Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway

I like Kerry Washington's dress in theory. But in practice the embroidery makes it feel a bit too much like a comforter and the beading on the skirt... Yeah. It just feels like a Project Runway project.

Why am I watching Khloe Kardashian? Seriously E!? Kardashian and Academy Awards do not belong in the same sentence, though I am sure Kanye has some opinions on that. How Kim should win best actress for her sex tape or something.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 7

Really don't like Julianne's dress. 

Also, I think my eyes are getting tired from all the black and white everywhere. 

So far, not terribly impressed with the fashion, or the fashion coverage.  I don't care about all these stupid segments they keep doing.

Wow, love that bright blue necklace!  Thank you for breaking up the black!

Rosamund Pike taking the honors on the red carpet. So far.

I get that it is her moment right now, but watching Dakota Johnson on the red carpet really makes me wonder what the fuss is about.

And to be mean for second, I find it incredible how mousy looking she is. Especially when you consider her mother is Melanie Griffith and her grandmother is Tippi Hedren. Dakota must take after her dad's side of the family. 

• Love 2

How does Rita Ora walk in that? Is she singing tonight? Does she have an album yet? Guys, can someone explain to me why Rita Ora is at everything despite not really... doing... anything?

Joan Collins is going to be on The Royals!?! Watching it. It's not going to be Gossip Girl. But I'll at least watch an episode if I can remember to tape it.

• Love 2

How does Rita Ora walk in that? Is she singing tonight? Does she have an album yet? Guys, can someone explain to me why Rita Ora is at everything despite not really... doing... anything?

She has a song nominated, Grateful, from Beyond the Lights.

She sang an award-nominated song, "Grateful".  Not that it's going to win or anything.

Rita Ora was in Fifty Shades of Grey.  

I like Felicity Jones' dress, I just wish the skirt wasn't quite so full.  The color does seem very changeable - grey, but with a lavender tint in some lights, and a silvery sheen.  I bet it will look different in every shot, based on how many flashbulbs go off at once.

• Love 1

Ugh, fucking Zanna. I couldn't even make it through the entire All Stars season. I quit shortly after Threads wrapped up. Get off my TV!

Same. I could not stand Zanna either.

This whole segment is painful. I cannot stop laughing at Khloe Kardashian commenting on fashion at the Oscars. Hahahahahahah!

• Love 2

Guys, why do the awards start at 8:30? I just realized this. I have work tomorrow. You know they're going to go an hour over or something ridiculous. 

(By the way, I have no idea why I'm particularly pissy tonight. I think it's a combination of listening to Fiona Apple right now and still recovering from being sick.)

I switched to ABC since E! has given up on getting interviews.