Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

people can say it multiple times and I'll never agree that Jennifer Aniston was snubbed. She shouldn't have been nominated for the ones she was. The movie was horrible and her performance was average at best.

She's a mediocre sitcom actress at best; I don't understand the fascination with her. (Although I did like her in "We're the Millers.)"

"Glory" is a rap song?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3

I think NPH is a fine host, in general. His audience sucks tonight. You can't save something where people are too uptight to care. Plus, after Seth McFarlane everyone involved in the production is too afraid of offending people, so NPH doesn't have a lot to work with, scripted or otherwise.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 5

A good host will ad lib and make it work. He's not a good host. He cannot figure out how to go off script and wing it for the sake of making the show more entertaining.

I don't disagree.  I think NPH works best in a venue where the audience is on his side.  The Tony audience almost reveres him.  He can't really host well when the audience is not.  Oscars have always been tough for hosts that aren't film people.

• Love 4

Wow, I'm loving this acceptance speech.

And for all the folks who go off on anyone who has something political or meaningful to say as "angry" - that acceptance speech was hopeful and uplifting.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 4

Back to something we really care about - Naomi Watts and her dress.  Now I have it on in HD and her dress is gray and black beady thingies but her earrings are blue and diamonds....what the heck?  

I'm kinda happy to see Common and John Legend win Oscars.