Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Seven Minutes In Hell!

Did Roger's nail-filled face remind anybody else of Hellraiser? Seriously expected one of the girls to suggest watching it after that scene. Kinda surprised none of them commented on it actually, what with that heavy-handed Texas Chainsaw Massacre stuff a few episodes back.

Yes, this series is chock full of references.

In this case, can someone explain Chad's character to me? I don't understand what it's satirizing. I'm familiar with the fraternity stereotypes of beer pong, preppy guys, football players, and so forth, but this isn't related at all. He keeps talking about how hot he is while wearing these odd and to me inexplicable outfits, and others in the fraternity seem to agree with his hotness while also wearing similar odd outfits. Then this episode they referred to themselves as dicks, though I thought I heard dickie, which is the suit workers wear, and these guys clearly aren't laborers, and I can't do an internet search with any permutation of the word 'dick', certainly not when coupled with 'fraternity'. Help? This may be an aspect of American culture I have absolutely no reference to or context for. No one else I know watches this and I don't know how to formulate my questions (see above).

Chad's character is a satire of country club, upper-class "bro"-culture. Not necessarily boys who are in fraternities, but boys who dress similar and come from white straight male privilege and expect the world to treat them as such. His hypersexuality and commentary on his good looks is more self-aware than the stereotype, but it's just as much a credible archetype as Chanel's spoiled rich bitch.

• Love 2

Chad's character is a satire of country club, upper-class "bro"-culture. Not necessarily boys who are in fraternities, but boys who dress similar and come from white straight male privilege and expect the world to treat them as such. His hypersexuality and commentary on his good looks is more self-aware than the stereotype, but it's just as much a credible archetype as Chanel's spoiled rich bitch.

Yeah I meant to post something like this earlier when I saw that first post.  Kind of a combination of the popular jock with the above mentioned qualities.

I actually am reminded of one of my all-time favorite shows, the wonderful "Chuck", which had the glorious Captain Awesome.  Chad is basically an even more exaggerated version of that, and both characters work incredibly well humor-wise for me, though I can understand why it wouldn't for some.

Yeah I meant to post something like this earlier when I saw that first post.  Kind of a combination of the popular jock with the above mentioned qualities.

I actually am reminded of one of my all-time favorite shows, the wonderful "Chuck", which had the glorious Captain Awesome.  Chad is basically an even more exaggerated version of that, and both characters work incredibly well humor-wise for me, though I can understand why it wouldn't for some.

I like Awesome! I wasn't expecting to, when I heard about the show, but he really was awesome.

This was the first episode that I was really amused by Chad. I think Chanel #3 is my favourite character. :) 

It was a crazy, funny episode, as usual. But I, too, missed me some Denise. 

I don't think Zayday is in cahoots with the killer. The Red Devil really was about to chop her head off until Chanel #1 hit him over the head with a lampshade? Sconce?

And Grace continues to be the weak link in the group. I get that she's the "good" one, but she has no memorable personality traits, other than being bratty to her dad and wearing ugly hats. Maybe it's the writing, and her character hasn't been fleshed out yet?

Grace standouts for me! I don't want her to die horribly like I do Chad Chanel No 1 Or Hester

Chad sucks. Captain Awesome didnt.

I guess I'm in the minority. I want Chanel No 1, Chad and Hester to die. I really like Grace, Zayday, Pete, Chanel 3 and 5.

• Love 1

Grace standouts for me! I don't want her to die horribly like I do Chad Chanel No 1 Or Hester

Oh Grace stands out to me just not in a good way. Shes boring imo and I don't think the actress is very good. Pete is also not very good.they are by far the weakest characters for me. If they died next episode I would not be sad.

Hester,Chad and denise are by far my favorites but I kind of like everyone else even Chanel #1 who I was not a big fan of the first couple episodes. Zayday also was very good this episode.

Edited by shoregirl

If Grace and Pete (that's the dude that is helping Grace, right? I don't know his name but I'm gonna assume that's him) died next week I wouldn't even notice. Seriously. They are both so very dull. And that hat! I just can't with that stupid hat she wears. I don't really love any of the characters, which makes it easier for me to root for the Red Devil. lol I kind of like ZayDay and I do love Denise and Munsh (mostly because of JLC). Princess Leia Chanel is okay. I like her droll delivery of every line. Chad cracks me up though. He's really a despicable human being but he's just so hilarious.

But yeah, Grace and Pete can go any second now. Or maybe they already died and I didn't notice. haha

Oh Grace stands out to me just not in a good way. Shes boring imo and I don't think the actress is very good. Pete is also not very good.they are by far the weakest characters for me. If they died next episode I would not be sad.

Hester,Chad and denise are by far my favorites but I kind of like everyone else even Chanel #1 who I was not a big fan of the first couple episodes. Zayday also was very good this episode.

I'd be sad cause I fucking hate Chad Chanel and Hester. I like Denise enough except for fucking That Douche Chad. I don't find Chanel entertaining at all I want her to die horribly she's a obnoxious unlikable fucking Bitch im wondering why Chanel No 5 hasn't fucking killed her. I root for the decent people like Grace and Peter

If Grace and Pete (that's the dude that is helping Grace, right? I don't know his name but I'm gonna assume that's him) died next week I wouldn't even notice. Seriously. They are both so very dull. And that hat! I just can't with that stupid hat she wears. I don't really love any of the characters, which makes it easier for me to root for the Red Devil. lol I kind of like ZayDay and I do love Denise and Munsh (mostly because of JLC). Princess Leia Chanel is okay. I like her droll delivery of every line. Chad cracks me up though. He's really a despicable human being but he's just so hilarious.

But yeah, Grace and Pete can go any second now. Or maybe they already died and I didn't notice. haha

Chad is despicable and not funny at all

Edited by jay741982

Those decent people can very well be the killers.   So I root for the interesting characters  bad or good so losing Pete and/or Grace would only move the show along.

Right now the ones I want to lose the least becasue they at least peak some interest are Chad, Hester, Denise, #3 , Zayday and I guess Chanel and Gigi can stick around awhile too.

I feel like the voting should offer some sort of hint as to who the Red Devil is. If Chanel had voted for herself, she would have WON by a 5-3 margin. So who all voted for her? #3 and #5 seem obvious, and maybe Predatory Lez, but who else? Candle Vlogger wouldn't, #6 had that whole VP plan, Grace definitely wouldn't, so that leaves Zayday. Maybe Denise is correct.

When Ryan said only 4 characters survived, was he referring to the offical main cast. Just sitting at home trying too work out who may survive into the hypothetical and most likely non existent 2nd season of the anthology.

When Ryan said only 4 characters survived, was he referring to the offical main cast. Just sitting at home trying too work out who may survive into the hypothetical and most likely non existent 2nd season of the anthology.

Most likely seeing as how they've avoided killing off the major characters at this point.

I would say he is talking only the main cast, the only exception could be Niecy Nash who couldn't be a regular due to other contractual obligations. .  But Ryan has also fluctuated between saying 3-5 will survive in various interviews. 

Then this episode they referred to themselves as dicks, though I thought I heard dickie, which is the suit workers wear, and these guys clearly aren't laborers, and I can't do an internet search with any permutation of the word 'dick', certainly not when coupled with 'fraternity'. Help? This may be an aspect of American culture I have absolutely no reference to or context for. No one else I know watches this and I don't know how to formulate my questions (see above).

In addition to prior answer provided you on this thread, they may have referred to themselves as dicks in this episode and I just don't recall, but as an aggregate, they are the "Dickie Dollar Scholars".  So you did hear someone say "Dickie".  Of course it is a penis joke of some general kind, though I don't know the precise origin of the term; it seems like they should be scholarship students with that name instead of wealthy.  Maybe it's just supposed to make us think of the comic Richie Rich...?

• Love 1

I might be the only one, but I kind of (really) love all of the crazy clothes the Chanels wear. So many pearls! So much pastel! I would love to be able to get away with all of this crazy fluffy nonsense. I would totally wear the pink nightgown with cape that Chanel #1 had on this episode. I'd probably just wear around my house, but still. If anybody else likes the clothes, check out thetake.com. They have exact matches, close matches, and lots of suggestions for tons of stuff on this show. 

• Love 3

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for explaining and providing context for Chad and the Dickie Dollars (which sort of sounds like the name of a '50s band). That was very helpful! Who knows what sorts of targeted ads would have popped forever until the end of time if I'd tried to google it myself.

I might be the only one, but I kind of (really) love all of the crazy clothes the Chanels wear. So many pearls! So much pastel! I would love to be able to get away with all of this crazy fluffy nonsense. I would totally wear the pink nightgown with cape that Chanel #1 had on this episode. I'd probably just wear around my house, but still. If anybody else likes the clothes, check out thetake.com. They have exact matches, close matches, and lots of suggestions for tons of stuff on this show. 

http://www.shopyourtv.com features a lot of the SQ stuff. I love the outrageous clothes. :)

Edited by Atlanta

Part of me was hoping that instead of killing him, Red Devil would have just cut Caufield's legs off.

I'm not sure if somebody said this before but I think the reason he killed him was because the Red Devil that cut his arms off is a different Red Devil 

• Love 1

As non-US person I had no idea why Scream Queens had been missing in actin this week - I assumed something special was on. I do confess though I thought maybe it was politically related. I just found it ironic that a horror series missed airing an episode in Halloween week.

• Love 3

As non-US person I had no idea why Scream Queens had been missing in actin this week - I assumed something special was on. I do confess though I thought maybe it was politically related. I just found it ironic that a horror series missed airing an episode in Halloween week.

Do you not get the previews for the next week after you watch it however you watch it?

That's the thing about live sports, they don't fit a schedule neatly.

Baseball got much higher ratings that night for FOX, just saying.

If wishes were horses, I just wish the deaths were more imaginatively or creatively staged, I mean, if you're going to have a slasher/horror parody, go BIG!! I'm through with the chainsaw, it's getting old.

Death by fryer was good, as was the lawnmower of the deaf swift Taylor.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

That's the thing about live sports, they don't fit a schedule neatly.

Baseball got much higher ratings that night for FOX, just saying.

If wishes were horses, I just wish the deaths were more imaginatively or creatively staged, I mean, if you're going to have a slasher/horror parody, go BIG!! I'm through with the chainsaw, it's getting old.

Death by fryer was good, as was the lawnmower of the deaf swift Taylor.

Was hoping the explanation for the earmuffs would have been more clever. Say... her ears look like Charles Manson's or something. Not some lame ex-boyfriend.

I'm not sure if somebody said this before but I think the reason he killed him was because the Red Devil that cut his arms off is a different Red Devil 

Definitely different killers, it would explain the inconsistencies between each victim and there are too many interactions with the characters not to be.

Definitely different killers, it would explain the inconsistencies between each victim and there are too many interactions with the characters not to be.

my theory is that the other red devil isn't even a killer but just a wannabe red devil, thats why he only cut off his arms and possibly the same one that kidnapped Zayday instead of killing her because kidnapping isn't really the original red devil's MO

• Love 1

I haven't been reading much press for this show, but is it supposed to be a mystery? Could the red devils just be Gigi and Boone, the two characters we've seen actually interacting (in a non-attempted-murder way) with another devil?

I haven't been reading much press for this show, but is it supposed to be a mystery? Could the red devils just be Gigi and Boone, the two characters we've seen actually interacting (in a non-attempted-murder way) with another devil?

Yeah, it's a campy horror mystery.

I don't want Chanel #1 and 3 to die. Hester, Grace and Pete I can do without. I love Denise.

I want Chanel No 1 to die horribly. If she was bitchy but showed some reasons to root for her it would be different but I see her as an unlikeable under entertaing horrid Bitch.