Type keyword(s) to search

Crimes You'd Like To See On Dateline: Calling Keith Morrison!

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

This story was on Yahoo yesterday:  successful Marsha Edward, ex-wife of a prominent Atlanta surgeon, kills her two 20-ish children and herself.   I get a hinky feeling on this one and immediately got into "the ex did it" mode and imagining how this could have been set up by the ex-husband. 

I wait to see how this one turns out -- maybe it will come out that the wife was depressed, mentally unstable, had an incurable illness.  Those aside, the thing that makes this iffy for me is the ages of her children.  Usually when a parent kills their child(ren) it's because they think that no one else will raise them right, but these kids were grown already.  Something doesn't feel right to me and may end up getting the full Dateline treatment.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, patty1h said:

This story was on Yahoo yesterday:  successful Marsha Edward, ex-wife of a prominent Atlanta surgeon, kills her two 20-ish children and herself.   I get a hinky feeling on this one and immediately got into "the ex did it" mode and imagining how this could have been set up by the ex-husband. 

This isn't sitting well with me, either.  Interested to see how it plays out.

26 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I wait to see how this one turns out -- maybe it will come out that the wife was depressed, mentally unstable, had an incurable illness.  Those aside, the thing that makes this iffy for me is the ages of her children.  Usually when a parent kills their child(ren) it's because they think that no one else will raise them right, but these kids were grown already.

I saw a story on "Deadly Women" once about a woman who'd killed her husband and children (and the family dog as well). The children were in their 20s. It was revealed she'd killed them because her Jehovah's Witness community had shunned her because she wasn't going strictly by their teachings in regards to her kids, and as a result, she'd become very isolated. She also believed the end times were near, and suffered from depression and likely other untreated mental illness as well. Basically, she wanted to save her family's souls, as it were. 

So it could very well be that something similar was happening here, like you note. It doesn't sound like this is the result of any bad blood between her and her kids, if the comments about her kids cheering her on are any indication...but then again, of course, as we all know from watching numerous "Dateline" shows, just 'cause families appear happy and supportive doesn't mean they actually are, so who knows. 

But yeah. Very sad story whatever the reason, and hopefully more answers will become clear soon. 

Jrnnifer Doulos (the missing mother of five from CT)'s ex-husband and his girlfriend were each arrested on another change of tampering with evidence.

1) This has got to be a future Dateline episode

2) Even without the episode---THEY DID IT!  She hasn't been seen in months, and we're talking the ex-husband and his new squeeze.

Maybe Dateline is waiting for the DA to file murder charges.  Cops can't find a body.  Reminds me of Cal Harris.

• Love 3

I bet from what the police said, the girlfriend is ratting out her boyfriend (missing woman's ex), and he's going down.    I wonder if they'll find Jennifer Dulos' body?    

I'm hoping for an entire episode on Pam Huff, including all of her many crimes.   

• Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 5:16 PM, cooksdelight said:

Cal Harris... yes, I want to see a good 2-hour Dateline on this other missing mother case.

I don't know about 2 hours, but I saw a Dateline commercial this weekend.  The Dulos case is going to be addressed on Monday's (9/9) episode.  Dennis is doing it, and the clip shows him interviewing the estranged husband (aka the guy who did it).

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, cooksdelight said:

I’m not sure if this is Dateline worthy, it’s a small town. But with so many eyewitnesses you’d think this would have been over and done with by now. Trying to find out more info. He was in jail on a hefty bond until that somehow got reduced and he’s out now awaiting trial.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/28517657/shooting-at-murphy-nc-business

Something about that local station's opening photo of a huge gun and the word, "SHOOTING," made me laugh.  Why beat around the bush, huh?

Yeah, four years for smothering your wife and throwing her in a sewer.  This is why I get upset over people who take part in a murder at a very young age and never ever get paroled, while others do four years. 

• Love 4

From the article:

But detectives saw Beau Rothwell on video buying cleaning supplies, including bleach, carpet cleaner and gloves, on Monday.

There's nothing more suspicious than a man on a cleaning spree.  It's a shame he didn't asphyxiate himself mixing the bleach and carpet cleaner.

• Love 6

The murder trials for the people who committed the Rhoden family murders has begun  in Waverly Ohio.  They're starting with two grandmothers who obstructed justice, not into the actual murder raps until later. If Dateline is going to cover the story they will probably wait until the trials are over.  However, because I was thinking about them I discovered that the Oxygen station  already did a version ending with the arrests.  I watched it online and thought it was pretty good. It aired last summer and I missed it because it was named, "The Piketon Family Murders."  Piketon being the little town.

https://www.nbc.com/the-piketon-family-murders/video/the-piketon-family-murders/3928450

• Love 1

There's a missing woman and child in Austin, TX and folks are wondering if this will turn out like the cases of Chris Watts or the Kelsey Berreth murder.   Heidi Broussard disappears with her 2 week old infant after dropping another child at school.  Police are called and find that her purse, diaper bag and car seat are all in the home; her phone is missing.  Grieving partner Shane Carey goes on TV to plead for their safe return and many viewers see a man who seems to be Chris Watts 2.0, who makes statements like this: "If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please, just somebody call.".  Other worst case scenarios are of a deranged woman who wanted the baby and disposed of the mother or human trafficking.  Let's hope it's none of the above.

Here is the article with the latest info, or you can search "Shane Carey" on Youtube to see him in action.

• Love 1

An update to the disappearance of Heidi Broussard:  Austin TX PD announced that Heidi was found in the trunk of a car, murdered by her best friend, and the infant found alive.  This is shaping up to be another case of a woman who wanted a baby and killed for one.  Another fact came out - the friend and her boyfriend even created a birth announcement online, passing off Heidi and Shane Carey's kidnapped child as their own.

A lot of people were very suspicious of fiance Shane Carey because of his strange press conference, where he was fidgety and made weird statements.  He was compared to Chris Watts and practically declared guilty by public opinion, myself included.  Hope the guy finds peace after this.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

I hadn’t yet read anywhere that the woman was charged yet with murder, or that her boyfriend was involved. You must live close to the area.

I also thought Carey was guilty due to the way he was acting, talking, etc. I wonder what led police to the woman’s home where they found the baby?

4 hours ago, patty1h said:

Another fact came out - the friend and her boyfriend even created a birth announcement online, passing off Heidi and Shane Carey's kidnapped child as their own.

Wow. 

It's amazing how many stories of this sort exist out there. 

• Love 2

Chad Daybell is under investigation after his former wife, Tammy Daybell, was found dead in their home in October. Initially thought to be a natural death, Tammy Daybell's remains have since been exhumed in Utah where she was buried. An autopsy is being conducted in December as authorities now investigate what may be suspicious circumstances behind the woman's death. Shortly after her death, Chad Daybell married Lori Vallow.

Lori Vallow's husband, Charles Vallow, died on July 11, 2019, in Chandler, AZ, when Lori's brother, Alex Cox, shot and killed him in what he said was self-defense. Months later, Cox also died, but authorities have yet to provide any details surrounding his death.

Uhhhhhhhhh. Wow. That's...deeply disturbing. 

God, I hope they find those kids alive and can get them to safety. 

• Love 2

I'm interested in seeing how the Harley Dilly case pans out.  He is the 14 year old Ohio boy that went missing on his way to school and was MIA for about 3-4 weeks.  He was recently found in an abandoned house across the street from his home, stuck in the chimney.  

Opinions are all over the place - did he get stuck in the chimney on his own or was it homicide?  I think the circumstances are very odd but I could go either way -- I could picture a kid snooping in a house alone and making a horrible error in judgement, but I can also picture some wacko doing something awful to a child.  I would love to see this case fleshed out and resolved either way.

Edited by patty1h
On 1/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, patty1h said:

I'm interested in seeing how the Harley Dilly case pans out.  He is the 14 year old Ohio boy that went missing on his way to school and was MIA for about 3-4 weeks.

This case has gotten a lot of airtime here.  I don't have the sense that it was foul play.  Harley was a 14 year-old boy.  It's not uncommon for teenage boys to be attracted to risky and dangerous behavior.  I think the abandoned house was an attractive red flag to Harley, and he mistakenly thought that climbing down the chimney would be fun.

I want Dateline to high-tail it to SC and start digging into the story of the 6-year old girl with red hair.  Police are already calling it a homicide investigation.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I want Dateline to high-tail it to SC and start digging into the story of the 6-year old girl with red hair.  Police are already calling it a homicide investigation.

I presume you mean the case of Faye Swetlik.   From what I've read so far, the consensus is that the 30-year old neighbor Coty Taylor kidnapped the girl from her yard, and killed her on his property.   As part of the investigation, the police searched trash containers in the area and found evidence that was leading them to the neighbor.  Apparently, Coty saw investigators searching through trash and realized that he had left evidence there which was going to lead law enforcement to his door and he killed himself knowing that he was going to be arrested.

• Useful 1
On 2/15/2020 at 11:26 PM, A.Ham said:

So this happened:

https://ktla.com/2020/02/15/washington-woman-posing-as-photographer-planned-to-steal-baby-drugged-mother-at-her-home-officials/

So creepy. That woman was lucky to have recognized something was wonky before it was too late. Glad she and her baby are fine.

This kind of thing is becoming too common. My husband is in law enforcement in Chicago and was involved in the case where a woman was killed and her baby cut out of her stomach. Pregnant women need to stay away from strangers! I do wonder in this case why the people would leave- did they think she wouldn’t have time to call 911? Horrible people.

(edited)

I read a news report that says they may have located the remains of Evelyn Boswell, the child from Tennessee that was missing for at least two months until she was reported missing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/remains-thought-to-be-missing-15-month-old-found-in-tennessee/ar-BB10Rv6e

The location is connected to the grandmother (who was arrested in NC with the car that people were looking for).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read a news report that says they may have located the remains of Evelyn Boswell, the child from Tennessee that was missing for at least two months until she was reported missing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/remains-thought-to-be-missing-15-month-old-found-in-tennessee/ar-BB10Rv6e

Send Josh to Tennessee pronto.  I want an episode on this case.  Something is up with that family.   Poor Evelyn.  Such a cute little girl.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, patty1h said:

I'm interested in seeing how the Harley Dilly case pans out.  He is the 14 year old Ohio boy that went missing on his way to school and was MIA for about 3-4 weeks.  He was recently found in an abandoned house across the street from his home, stuck in the chimney.  

Opinions are all over the place - did he get stuck in the chimney on his own or was it homicide?  I think the circumstances are very odd but I could go either way -- I could picture a kid snooping in a house alone and making a horrible error in judgement, but I can also picture some wacko doing something awful to a child.  I would love to see this case fleshed out and resolved either way.

Just wanted to provide an update that was on local news last week.  Authorities have determined that Harley slid into the chimney feet first and then could not get out.  There has been no talk of foul play whatsoever.  The case appears to be closed.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It stuns me that Lori Vallow's bail was reduced to $1 million, from the original $5 million.    That means that if her rich husband put up $100,000 she'll be out.    

CBS This Morning aired a clip of her court proceedings.  Her lawyer said that she is constantly being hounded and can't go out.  I'm not advocating violence against her, but hounding works for me.  If anyone deserves to be hounded, it's her.  If she does get out, I think the general public will keep everyone apprised of where she is, particularly if the kids haven't been found yet.

As much as people want to wring her neck though, no one can, but I think hounding may eventually get her to crack.  Maybe.

• Love 4

Ooh, yeah, that'd be a good one to cover. There was an interesting documentary about that case on the Sundance channel last year, called "No One Saw a Thing". It also delved further into the town and county's history with violence in general, both before and after that case. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Ooh, yeah, that'd be a good one to cover. There was an interesting documentary about that case on the Sundance channel last year, called "No One Saw a Thing". It also delved further into the town and county's history with violence in general, both before and after that case. 

I did not know that! I hope I can track it down. I read a book about the case ages ago and it, obviously, really stuck with me!

ETA: Looks like it’s on Netflix (rubbing hands together in anticipation).

ETA2: Boo! It’s not there. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

You've made me curious about the story of Ken Rex McElroy, so I went to search for more details.   I did find that there was a TV movie made about the case, so I'm bringing it here since the Sundance doc is MIA.  It's available on Youtube - I can't speak for the quality, I put it on my Watch Later list.   It's called "In Broad Daylight" from 1991, and it stars Brian Dennehy.

• Love 3