Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, scrb said:

Just saw a promo for new season where the cast tries to sell it.

Lip says “even though there are a couple of Gallagher’s missing ...”

Way to be a toady for the producers.

Forgive me, but I don’t know what you mean by “toady”, but I think (having not seen a promo) it (Lip’s comment) seems like a cop out. Do they actually think that we don’t follow and know what’s going on with a series that we are partial to? Caveat: It’s what the media wants us to know and what their feed tells us. PR can be deceiving. Ah well. I still look forward to this last (?) season. 

This wasn’t written to be argumentative. 

I meant he's trying to sell the season without Fiona, which is what the producers and Showtime want.

Of course, he may be under contract so even if he didn't think the show was worth continuing without the female lead, he wouldn't be able to walk or anything.

I'd like to see the show runner and producers talk on camera about how they would explain Fiona's absence.

Or maybe we're suppose to feel good for the character, for finally getting out of the family and the hood, maybe have a chance to have a life of her own, rather than continuing to bear the burden of taking care  of her siblings.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1

I think it will be interesting to see the shift in dynamic with Debbie in charge.   Plus Lip who always gave Fiona grief attempting to be a father (quite possibly on his own).  It may actually be interesting scene with him and Frank.  Frank just abandoning his kids to someone else’s care vs Fiona raising her siblings forgoing her own life until she implodes vs Debbie who becomes a mother because she is lonely.    Lip needs to find a balance between all three. 

• Love 1

Showtime announced Shameless is renewed for an 11th and final season.

Macy had apparently said before this 10th season he was interested in doing 1 or 2 more seasons.

But the show runner has other shows going.

Don't worry though, with Showtime, they could always reboot this a couple of years later, like they've done with the L Word and now a spinoff of Penny Dreadful returning this spring.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, scrb said:

Showtime announced Shameless is renewed for an 11th and final season.

Macy had apparently said before this 10th season he was interested in doing 1 or 2 more seasons.

But the show runner has other shows going.

Don't worry though, with Showtime, they could always reboot this a couple of years later, like they've done with the L Word and now a spinoff of Penny Dreadful returning this spring.

I had a feeling they were going to end it.

Shameless is doing a new feature called Hall of Shame (I'm assuming this is a temporary space filler while the show is on holiday hiatus). First up is Ian and Mickey. It's basically an hour long clip show of their relationship.

Hall of Shame S1.E1: Daddy Issues

When someone from Ian's past dies of COVID-19, Mickey has to accept the facts about Ian's past relationships, the dynamics of their relationship and the men they both married.

BTS: Cameron Monaghan & Noel Fischer discuss Ian and Mickey

Original air date: 12/27/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Next week's Hall of Shame is Kev & V!

Hall of Shame S1.E2: God Doesn't Give With Both Hands

When Kev and V find out Gemma has been flunking zoom school, they're forced to face their fears of their own inadequacies as parents to help Gemma get back on track.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/3/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Shameless is doing a new feature called Hall of Shame (I'm assuming this is a temporary space filler while the show is on holiday hiatus). First up is Ian and Mickey. It's basically an hour long clip show of their relationship:

BTS: Cameron Monaghan & Noel Fischer discuss Ian and Mickey

That's what's going on!  I thought it was a regular episode.  Since I'm not a fan of the "gallavitch", I tuned out.  Good to know....

3 minutes ago, kathe5133 said:

That's what's going on!  I thought it was a regular episode.  Since I'm not a fan of the "gallavitch", I tuned out.  Good to know....

I only watched about half of it. I kept holding out hope that they would have some kind of plot. One thing that all the clips of Mickey made clear is that it was ludicrous that Ian expected this guy to get a regular job.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2021 at 4:02 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Next week's hall of shame is Lip

S1.E3: Once Upon a Phillip Gallagher

Promo:

Original air date: 1/17/21

I watched this last night. Lip has never been my favorite character. They seemed to focus a lot on the later years and especially his relationship with Tami.

I thought it was the most fun I've had watching the show in a long time. I liked the idea that he was telling his story to his son, and it was a good story to tell. I loved seeing Karen again, I liked seeing Amanda again, and I even enjoyed Helene again. He's had a very interesting ride over the course of the seasons, and I even liked the stuff with Tami in recap. 

I wonder if they'll do one for Fiona. 

Another Hall of Shame episode this week (but FINALLY a new episode again next week!)

S1.E4: Debbie, Carl, & Liam

When Liam’s quarantine girlfriend breaks up with him for being a Gallagher, Carl and Debbie join forces to help their little brother figure out how to get her back – despite sort of hating each other.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/24/21

The best Hall of Shame episode so far was Lip. It was great to see Amanda, who was my favorite of all his girlfriends and I really liked the episodes when he was in college. I imagine there will be a Frank Hall of Shame episode and they should have one about Fiona, but since she is off the show maybe they won't. It's understandable that they would make these episodes to "fill time" during the pandemic. Lots of highlights and limited filming of new scenes giving them 5-6 extra episodes. It does slow down the progression of the story in its last season, though.

Another Hall of Shame episode next week:

S1.E5: Fiona

Fiona, Fiona, Fiona. In interviews for a reality dating show, the Gallaghers reminisce about their beautiful, tough-as-nails sister who for so many years kept the lights on and a roof over their heads.

Original air date: 2/21/21

Looks like we weren't the only ones to notice and appreciate Noel Fisher's stellar work in this past week's episode - TVLine gave him an Honorable Mention in their Performer Of The Week column:

HONORABLE MENTION

As far as fathers go, Shameless‘ Mickey definitely does not have the best one in his homophobic dad — but their tumultuous relationship did give way to one of Noel Fisher‘s best scenes ever in Sunday’s episode. When his father Terry ended up wheelchair-bound and abandoned on the front lawn of his home, Mickey grabbed his gun and stomped over to take care of his old man once and for all. But as he pointed the weapon at Terry’s chest, Fisher’s expression started to shift from anger to something far more emotionally complex, his eyes filling with unshed tears. However, even years of abuse and pent-up feelings about what his father put him through couldn’t make Mickey pull the trigger. Mickey proved himself to be the better man, and Fisher proved that even after 11 seasons, he can still bring impressive new depths to his character.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Love 3

I stopped watching after Fiona left but I saw this in an article today:

"I may hate the person Debbie has become—she spends this episode blaming Lip for her own reckless behavior, seriously considering reporting him for incest"

Can anyone explain this for me?

Lip Gallagher deserved better than this, Shameless

When Shameless first introduced us to Phillip Gallagher, he was a genius. If Fiona was working to escape her mother’s fate by providing for her siblings like Monica failed to, then Lip’s story posited that he could be what Frank—whip smart, charismatic—could have been if not for the drugs and alcohol that sent him down a darker path. And while Fiona’s position of responsibility made it difficult to imagine her ever being able to up and leave the South Side (funny story about that…), Lip was always the family’s best chance at someone achieving the class mobility that society tells people like the Gallaghers they should be striving for.

• Love 2

William H. Macy, Cameron Monaghan, Ethan Cutkosky, Emma Kenney, Jeremy Allen White, Steve Howey, Shanola Hampton, Christian Isaiah, Noel Fisher, Kate Miner, and executive producer John Wells discuss the final season:

Behind the scenes: the final day on set

Emma Kenney being diplomatic about working with Emmy Rossum over the years.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/shameless-star-emma-kenney-emmy-rossum-1234855751/

Rossum left the show in 2018 and Kenny said after she left “the set became a little bit more of a positive place. 

“I remember pre-her leaving, I’d go to set some days and I’d be very anxious about having a scene with her because if she had a bad day, she made it a bad day for everybody.”

As for where their relationship stands now, Kenny says they are not in touch.

From the mouth of babes, considering that Kenney was 9 when the show started.

• Love 1

I was just coming to post about this. I wasn’t surprised to see that Emmy and Emma may not have gotten along. I noticed they didn’t keep in touch on socials. I wonder if the rest of the cast felt the same.

• Love 1