Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Yeah.. I mean they should end it. Besides Emmy leaving now, nine seasons is a long run and it’s been obvious that the show has lost its stories. But it seems like as someone pointed out, they are going to keep it on, at least from the statement from the creator. 

And yeah I think this show will stay on as long as WHM wants to keep doing it. I said it earlier today but I’ve felt that the show and the network thinks he is the be all end all for the show but again.. is he? I’m sorry, I know all the stories for every character feel like they are repeating but Frank is really the worst.  Nothing new with him since season three it seems like. 

• Love 2

Fiona is the heart of Shameless, I can't imagine the show without her. 

I was watching the marathon of early seasons this past weekend and was amazed how good she was.  Completely underrated, Emmy deserved an Emmy long ago.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. I mean they should end it. Besides Emmy leaving now, nine seasons is a long run and it’s been obvious that the show has lost its stories. But it seems like as someone pointed out, they are going to keep it on, at least from the statement from the creator. 

And yeah I think this show will stay on as long as WHM wants to keep doing it. I said it earlier today but I’ve felt that the show and the network thinks he is the be all end all for the show but again.. is he? I’m sorry, I know all the stories for every character feel like they are repeating but Frank is really the worst.  Nothing new with him since season three it seems like. 

I mean, the situations are new, but the ridiculousness is the same.  WHM is a really good actor of course, but he really does use all the air in the room.  The Shakespearean-like verbal vomit from an all-but-homeless drunk got old a while back for me.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I mean, the situations are new, but the ridiculousness is the same.  WHM is a really good actor of course, but he really does use all the air in the room.  The Shakespearean-like verbal vomit from an all-but-homeless drunk got old a while back for me.

I guess they are new, i don’t really watch much anymore. I’ll catch an episode here and there but season 5 was like the last season where I watched every episode. Now I only watch and catch an episode or two. I think last season I only watched like five.

Its just kind of a boring show now. They sort of write themselves into corners and then.. have to find ways out that don’t make sense. I know the show has always been ridiculous but it is getting a little tired.

Nine seasons is a good run for any show in this day and age. It would be smart to throw In the towel but it’s clear they have stopped filming and while Emmy/Fiona’s end I guess is clear(I would assume it is as both Emmy and the creator penned letters that she has an ending point) the show itself may not have one. 

The show really peaked in Season 4. 

They could go on without her.  I don't believe by any means that she is the heart of the how that just couldn't survive otherwise. 

But its just come time to end the show, running out of new stories. 

Or they could just do a Kev and Vee spinoff. 

• Love 4

It’s not that I think she’s the heart of the show but I think the show will miss something for me now that she’s gone.

I don’t really get the vee and Kevin Love. They’re fine enough but a whole show about them? Not sure I could watch.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Fiona was the glue that held the Gallagher family together. I will miss Emmy’s performances as Fiona. 

I think that would be an interesting storyline. What happens when Fiona moves on?  Liam is still a minor.  Who will take over his care?  Will the family just spread out into the wind without Fiona to keep them together?  What about Frank?  How would he survive without Fiona to bail him out and keep him on his toes?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It really is the case of Showtime and the producers seeing Macy as the biggest draw, which justified the unequal pay for so many years. So yeah, as long as he wants, they'll keep the show. And he wants more.

I love William H. Macy and I love what Frank ca bring. I love Lip and the rest of the characters, but I don't see the show surviving without Rossum at all. Despite how some might feel towards Fiona lately, it's undeniable that the whole show revolved too much around her, even tho the other kids got their own storylines too.

The show has run out of steam even with the whole cast intact, and continuing the show after season 9 was already a questionable decision, at least. Continuing without Fiona is a terrible idea and it will ruin the show even more.

• Love 1

It’s not surprising that they will continue.  Showtime really doesn’t seem to know when to end their shows.  IMO Rossum wanting to leave should be a sign that it’s time to wrap it up.  The storylines are very old at this point and for me Frank is no where near a draw.  The character should have died a couple of seasons ago.

• Love 6

I love Macy too but do think much life would have been brought into the show if Frank died. As frustrating as I find Fiona, I don't see her leaving the underage siblings to fend for themselves to be in character for her.

• Love 3

Yeah.. I feel like the only way they can write Fiona out is to have her leave her family, because it’s obvious that the show runners are going to write an ending where ER can come back if she wants to. So.. but.. again.. the actual character of Fiona isn’t going to just peace out her family. That’s not in the characters nature. The only thing I can think of is Lip telling her he will take over for the family because Frank never will.

And yeah Frank does nothing for me. WHM is great but Frank is nothing new on this show and like I’ve been saying hasn’t for a while. 

And I have always felt that the network and the show think WHM is the star. I don’t think WHM feels this way, Case in point he supported ER when she wanted an equal pay to him.

A part of me wonders why this info came out now before the 9th season is even on. I wonder why they didn’t just wait until after the season was over.

Maybe Emmy is salty about the show so she released this info. before the producers or Showtime wanted her to.

Shameless has gotten monotonous like The Walking Dead, which I think is also coming up on its ninth season?

TWD just has circular plots, fighting one group after another, throw in some deaths of regular cast members here and there, while introducing new ones.  It's been in rinse and repeat cycle for several seasons now.

Shameless, the kids always fuck up.  Lip didn't get a career for himself despite having a university scholarship.  Fiona seems to be getting some traction as an entrepreneur but I don't know if the show runners will let her become a big success because then, she could lift the whole family and put them on a much better financial footing, either get them to school or get good vocational training -- for instance Fiona could fund what's her name's welding training.

The Gallaghers always have to be downtrodden in some way or the premise of the show stops being valid.  OK, whatever, but after 5 or 6 seasons of that, we don't need to see any more, they're smart and sexy but perpetually underclass, despite their god-given gifts.

• Love 1

As far as what happens with the family with Fiona leaving, if the show continues, I assume Lip would care for them until they are older.  Really Carl and Deb are not far from 18 and that just leaves Liam to worry about long term. 

I would prefer seeing Fiona go off with Steve.  He has always been the one she connected the most with and has the most chemistry with, plus he fits in with the rest of the family. 

I have to assume they announced this before the season started as some PR for the upcoming season, letting people know Fiona's story arc this season will see her leaving in some fashion

• Love 2

WHM made a statement saying he wasn’t surprised and he supports Emmy. He said something like “after nine seasons, you wonder what’s next” or something. And for him, this probably isn’t an issue. I don’t think WHM will have to wander about roles. He pops up all the time randomly in movies here and there, the entertainment world seems to Like him and he has had a following before the show.

I think it’s harder for ER. I haven’t seen her in many movies during the show run and I know she had a few movies before the show(notably Phantom of The Opera) but I think it’s probably harder for her to get more roles. Also in whm statement he mentioned she already has a show that she’s producing on so maybe that’s her next goal, behind the camera stuff.

There doesn’t seem to be much bad blood between Emmy and anyone else on the show, which is good. But for me the show is losing something. Again though it’s been slowly losing integral pieces for a while now.

Is Fiona character gonna get 'killed' off in S09? 

On 8/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, scrb said:

Well this show is well past its sell by date anyways.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:39 PM, Enigma X said:

I honesty feel as if Shameless should just wrap it up. 

Most definitely. Annoying when these series go on and on and on....  Write a great 4-6 seasons and go out on top fer crikes sake.

Yeah its fiction, but how the hell does mega - schifoso Frank become the stud all the milfs can't get enough of??

Frank and Fiona, two of the most irritating characters. Frank keeps rebounding from from certain death and Fiona with her pathetic man hungry no self respect revolving door routine.

Edited by 100Proof

Yeah so what are they going to do, not have Emmy for season 10 and then maybe she'll come back in season 11?

I think we have a good sense about all these characters.  Their stories have pretty much been told.

Sure a lot of the kids are young and their life trajectories can change.  But they'll keep making hard choices because they're too smart and sexy to go for conventional middle class life with boring but financially secure 9-5 jobs, meeting and marrying a good life partner, then moving out to the boring burbs and trying to raise their children better than they were raised.

It sounds like they're envisioning at least 11 seasons (how else would Emmy come back after bailing for season 10).

Are any of these characters going to see some kind of progression in the next 3 seasons, including season 8 which begins tonight?

Frank will still be scamming in season 11?  Lip will keep self-sabotaging instead of doing something with that genius brain of his?  Ian will still be fighting his illness and hooking up with the pretty boy of the season?  Karl may or may not be in the military but will always show criminal tendencies.  Debbie may be making money from welding but looking to do whatever to support herself and kid.

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As many here have said, the show is imploding, and lead actors dropping out is a sign.  A big sign.

Yeah.. it is interesting how two main people are leaving. Is there any real story left if both Fiona and Ian leave? I only say this because they happen to have two of the big stories right now for this season.

• Love 1

Lip assuming Fiona's place in the house might prove to be an interesting story, seeing how he practically recoiled from the idea several years ago yet seems to be warming up to the idea now.

10 minutes ago, Dee said:

Lip assuming Fiona's place in the house might prove to be an interesting story, seeing how he practically recoiled from the idea several years ago yet seems to be warming up to the idea now.

I agree. Lip still remains the most interesting and enjoyable character on the show to me. I would be happy to see his story continue. My only hope would be to finally stop Frank's story and end it.

• Love 1

I agree Lip is still pretty fascinating but I think they should have ended it once Cameron and Emmy announced intentions to leave. By the sounds of it they gave plenty of notice so it could have led to a satisfying series finale that stayed true to the characters.

I get showtime is losing a few big shows this year and if some of the cast are happy to keep working then why ruin a good cash cow but I feel this is just going to go the way of most shows that don't know where to stop and it'll eventually limp into a series finale rather than go out in a blaze of glory. 

• Love 2

I always imagined a final season focusing on the family, on the siblings, bringing back that tone from the first seasons... Too bad it won't happen.

I'm sure they'll bring back Ian and Fiona for a final episode, but it will feel rushed and superficial. The show is falling apart. And they won't stop. That's sad.

42 minutes ago, planet17 said:

I always imagined a final season focusing on the family, on the siblings, bringing back that tone from the first seasons... Too bad it won't happen.

I'm sure they'll bring back Ian and Fiona for a final episode, but it will feel rushed and superficial. The show is falling apart. And they won't stop. That's sad.

Yeah.. also I’ve noticed this season the family seems really disconnected for the most part. Fiona is hardly around the family. I wish the show would end and we would get a nice final season but it looks like we aren’t going to.

The Gallagher struggle:

The Shameless cast on the return of S9:

We all have problems:

Gallagher AF:

What's your New Year's resolution?

Shameless holiday guide to surviving New Year's:

Shameless holiday guide for fast cash:

Shameless holiday guide for surviving your family:

https://www.complex.com/life/2019/03/feds-bust-up-massive-college-entrance-exam-cheating-scheme

The plot is alleged to have revolved around securing the admission of students to major universities as recruited athletes "regardless of their athletic abilities" and assisting prospective enrollees with exam cheats (i.e. SAT and ACT), per an NBC News report filed Tuesday.

Affected universities allegedly include Stanford, Georgetown, UCLA, and Yale. Among the dozens of people named in the indictment are multiple coaches, as well as Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin. Huffman and husband William H. Macy are alleged to have given a "charitable donation of $15,000" to participate in the scheme on behalf of their oldest daughter. Macy, however, is not listed in federal documents as among those hit with a charge.

4 hours ago, Lemons said:

Get rid of Frank'!!!!!!!!!!    I bet they took that charitable tax deduction too after “donating” to a fake charity.

It does feel a lot like a Frank scheme, only at rich people's level. 

I don't know how he avoided being named in the indictment, since it mentions his presence at several meetings with the college fixer, other than they apparently have audiotape only of Felicity.

To think that you have so little faith in your own child, even when you have the resources for tutoring, etc., that you have to buy them university admission...just sad.  And infuriating for kids who got in legitimately or were rejected in favor of the purchased admissions.

I haven't followed the scandal but don't rich people just make donations to universities and they do legacy admissions?

Where exactly is the fraud?  It's privilege but fraudulent?

4 hours ago, Dee said:

I used to like Gallavich, but there's WAY too much water under the bridge for me to ever care about them again.

See it’s all that water that makes me really like them.  Any other show I might agree with you but this particular show it built on dysfunction.