Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Even with my ad-blocker on, that US Weekly site loads too slow to actually read the article, but linked to the story about Emmy's wedding was another blurb that said she was asked to audition in a bikini to make sure she wasn't fat. The casting couch isn't new to me, but unless it was for this show years ago, what an asinine request to top the disgustingness. She's been naked several times each season. 

I was trying to come up with a snarky response to such a question, but it's too early for me to get past the stabbiness of it. 

(edited)

Kathryn Hahn (I Love Dick), America Ferrera (Superstore), Emmy Rossum (Shameless), Issa Rae (Insecure), Minnie Driver (Speechless), and Pamela Adlon (Better Things) at the Hollywood Reporter's comedy actress roundtable:

Anthony Anderson (Black-ish), Kevin Bacon (I Love Dick), Brian Tyree Henry (Atlanta), Ted Danson (The Good Place), William H. Macy (Shameless), and Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) at the Hollywood Reporter's comedy actor roundtable:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I don't know if this has been posted before or if this is the best place to post, but we have a new Liam.

I've been waiting to see Liam grow and get a more significant role in the show for quite some time. The fact that they (finally) recasted Liam means they'll be giving him some lines.

Hope he is good.

• Love 1

Some new promo videos under the cut:

Spoiler

Emmy Rossum on Fiona the landlord

William H. Macy on Frank being on the straight & narrow

Shameless or not?

They're not heroes - they're family

Hot minute with William H. Macy

Cast on Season 8

Bar Rescue: Jon Taffer visits the Alibi

Hot minute with Emmy Rossum

Deleted scene from S7

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 6:16 AM, wings707 said:

I am so disappointed it is on Showtime.  To add that to my DIRECTV package is pricy.  

I just added it to Dish- luckily they have an offer for $5 a month for 6 months.  I actually went onto the Dish website to see if I could cut down on something and make the bill cheaper.  Of course I end up adding to it.

• Love 1

I downloaded the Showtime app for my iPad.  10.99 per month and you get the same Showtime as what you get with the TV packages.  I haven't watched tv on an actual tv for years.  I just pay for internet, which comes with basic tv cable (which I never use, but it was cheaper than just paying for cable, go figure) Between Netflix, HBO Go, and now Showtime, there is never "not anything to watch".

On 12/14/2017 at 1:07 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

SAG award nomination:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series - WILLIAM H. MACY

Yippee. He won the award last night. I’m chuffed for him as he plays this character so well. 

Have SHO confirmed if Season 9 will be the final season of Shameless?

The 8th season's finale felt like it was supposed to end right there but then decided otherwise.

Katey Sagal, Courteney Cox Join ‘Shameless’

Sagal is set to recur on the Showtime comedy as Ingrid Jones, a crazed psych patient that Frank (William H. Macy) encounters in the E.R., and with whom he is immediately smitten. Cox will guest star as Jen Wagner, a famous actress who’s had a problem in the past with booze. Lip (Jeremy Allen White) is hired as her sober companion when she’s in town, and she takes him on a wild ride in search of a cocktail.

Just now, Chas411 said:

Shame she didn't make it to 10 series. Will the show continue without her?

I think they might try. And it seems like what she is saying is that they are going to, in her letter she said “there are still more Gallagher stories to tell”.  But I don’t know how it’ll work. I know it’s an ensemble show but I feel Fiona/Emmy is a  crucial part to this show. 

• Love 3

Yeah I know Fiona left in the original recipe but the show wasn't the same after and I feel it would be even more the case when Emmys Fiona goes. I feel from her statement that if and when they decide to wrap up she'll come back to wrap things up for a finale or something.

While Fiona has been incredibly boring the last few season with her lather, rinse, repeat men storylines I don't think the rest of the characters would hold my attention without her featuring either.

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see how Courtney Cox's character develops now after hearing of this news.  I realize that she is to play an actress with Lip as her sober companion or something like that, but this announcement could make for some interesting twists to that plotline.

20 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Yeah I know Fiona left in the original recipe but the show wasn't the same after and I feel it would be even more the case when Emmys Fiona goes. I feel from her statement that if and when they decide to wrap up she'll come back to wrap things up for a finale or something.

While Fiona has been incredibly boring the last few season with her lather, rinse, repeat men storylines I don't think the rest of the characters would hold my attention without her featuring either.

Yeah. I don’t really like much of the any of the other Gallaghers. And even fiona grated mostly because the writers seem to have really just started writing either nonsense for this show or just repeating stories for the last few seasons, , but I always liked Emmy and Fiona. It always makes me sad that she got overlooked for awards and yet somehow WHM gets a nod every award season.. and half the tune frank does nothing!

• Love 1

Well this show is well past its sell by date anyways.

But maybe it's a gambit by Emmy to try to extract more pay.  Or she just rather walk away than endure what she considers pay iniquity.

Since Showtime and Warners have run this for 9 seasons, I'm sure they'll keep it going if they think the ratings will justify it.

I don't know if Courtney Cox would be a suitable replacement as lead.  Rossum is much younger and she was willing to disrobe here and there.

They might want another younger actress willing to provide some of the nudity quotient for Showtime.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

t always makes me sad that she got overlooked for awards and yet somehow WHM gets a nod every award season.

This bugged me too. She was excellent in the first two seasons and it really bugged me how overlooked she was. 

5 minutes ago, scrb said:

I don't know if Courtney Cox would be a suitable replacement as lead.  Rossum is much younger and she was willing to disrobe here and there.

I don't think Emmy leaving will impact Courtney Coxs guest stint. I can't imagine the character staying longer then her arc. The show is about the Gallagers and Kevin/V. Courtney Cox wouldn't fit as a log term character. 

8 minutes ago, scrb said:

But maybe it's a gambit by Emmy to try to extract more pay.  Or she just rather walk away than endure what she considers pay iniquity.

Did this not already happen two seasons ago? I remember it being reported in deadline she fought for equal pay to Macy and Macy supported her. I think it was around season 7/8? She got the pay rise and returned. I'd say she was ready to leave at that stage and that's why she went all out for the equal pay. She probably had nothing to lose as she would have been happy to wrap up then.

I was expecting (and wanting) the show to end, but this news really got me by surprised. I have come to love these characters so deeply and they have been a part of my life since January 2011. I'm almost the same age of the older kids and I got to grow and learn about myself watching them grow too. Watching them mirror and overcome their parents mistakes, their patterns of bad behavior, them failing again and again, but trying again and again. Fuck, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to them. But it's better this way.

I hope to god Showtime and the producers are respectful enough to finish the show this season instead of dragging it without Fiona. As important and special Macy's Frank and the rest of the characters are, Fiona is a central character. 

Thank you Emmy Rossum for bringing Fiona Gallagher to life. I'll carry these characters in my heart of the rest of my life. That's something special.

Thank you! <3

Edited by planet17
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, planet17 said:

I was expecting (and wanting) the show to end, but this news really got me by surprised. I have come to love these characters so deeply and they have been a part of my life since January 2011. I'm almost the same age of the older kids and I got to grow and learn about myself watching them grow too. Watching them mirror and overcome their parents mistakes, their patterns of bad behavior, them failing again and again, but trying again and again. Fuck, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to them. But it's better this way.

I hope to god Showtime and the producers are respectful enough to finish the show this season instead of dragging it without Fiona. As important and special Macy's Frank and the rest of the characters are, Fiona is a central character. 

Thank you Emmy Rossum for bringing Fiona Gallagher to life. I'll carry these characters in my heart of the rest of my life. That's something special.

Thank you! <3

See I don’t think frank is all that special. WHM is great but I’m real over Frank and have been for a while. He does nothing for the show anymore. His plots are really rinse and repeat. I really wish they would have killed him off when he had the Cancer.

But I think the show might try to soldier on without Emmy. I feel like WHM might stay on and it feels like he’s always been the star of the show to both the network and the show(case in point Emmy not getting the same pay until two seasons ago when I’ve felt she carried the show) -I don’t think WHM felt this way but I think the show did until Emmy pretty much said increase my pay or I walk and so I think if WHM decides to stay, the show will keep on. 

• Love 2

Fuck, it really seems like they'll continue the show without her. Ugh! Here's the showrunner John Wells statement:

“Emmy Rossum will forever be part of the Shameless family", said Shameless executive producer and showrunner John Wells. “She has been integral to the show’s success, from her wonderful portrayal of Fiona to her leadership role on set, as well as directing multiple episodes of the series. We are hard at work now creating a season nine finale for Shameless which we hope will provide a Gallagher-worthy sendoff for Fiona that honors the great work Emmy has done. It is always bittersweet when an ensemble member decides to move out of the proverbial house, but our door will always remain open for Fiona to return home for a visit, or to move back in. I look forward to continuing the stories of this wildly unpredictable family and all of us on Shameless will miss Emmy and her wonderful Fiona.”

I'm not watching it without her. That's just sad. And annoying. Fuck, just finish it already.

Hope they change their mind. Or they'll just ruin the show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dee said:

Fiona better not run off with Jimmy/Jack/Steve!

That was the first thought that entered my mind.  He'll return, and they'll go off into the sunset, in lieu of or because of the Witness Protection Program.

3 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I honesty feel as if Shameless should just wrap it up. 

I agree.