Type keyword(s) to search

Pnina Tornai and Her Sparkly, Sparkly Gowns

On 6/9/2017 at 3:27 PM, LilJen said:

I think almost all the PT dresses are hideous. 

Ok I don't know how I wound up inside the box but.... I think PT's dresses are whorish. My husband agrees. As he says, "Why would any man want other men ogling his wife's goodies?"

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

"Why would any man want other men ogling his wife's goodies?"

Or the minister, the grandparents, the parents, or any of the guests?  Leave the ogling to the privacy of the honeymoon suite.  A man who wants his wife's goodies on display has to be a very insecure person - "hey, everybody, look what I scored".

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Colleenna said:

"Why would any man want other men ogling his wife's goodies?"

12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Or the minister, the grandparents, the parents, or any of the guests?  Leave the ogling to the privacy of the honeymoon suite.  A man who wants his wife's goodies on display has to be a very insecure person - "hey, everybody, look what I scored".

Also, I wouldn't want my grandparents, parents, in-laws, or minister to see my "goodies."

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 1
(edited)

Interesting that Meghan Markle’s dress is the absolute antithesis of a Pnina and really almost all the dresses we see on SYTTD- no glitz, and more covered up than Kate Middleton’s was. Will it set a new trend?

Edited by Occasional Hope
correcting typos
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Occasional Hope said:

Interesting that Meghan Markle’s dress is the absolute antithesis of a Pnina and really almost all the dresses we see on SYTTD- no glitz, and more covered up than Kate Middleton’s was. Will it set a new trend?

I noticed that too. I'd love if Meghans dress set a trend. Her dress is the definition of simple and elegant. I get so annoyed when a bride comes into Kleinfields and says they want something elegant and then they get one of Pnina's sparkly see through horrors.

• Love 10

Some friends and I were watching the royal wedding this morning and commenting on what a pleasant change Meghan's dress was from the stuff so many brides are now wearing. One of the commentators said they expected to see knock offs of it in Kleinfield's within the week.  No doubt an exaggeration but presumably there will be seamstresses working hard to get copies out asap.  It will be interesting to see how many brides actually decide to go with that look.  No lace, no decorations, modest neckline....when was the last time we saw a kleinfield bride in a dress like that?

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, abbey said:

Some friends and I were watching the royal wedding this morning and commenting on what a pleasant change Meghan's dress was from the stuff so many brides are now wearing. One of the commentators said they expected to see knock offs of it in Kleinfield's within the week.  No doubt an exaggeration but presumably there will be seamstresses working hard to get copies out asap.  It will be interesting to see how many brides actually decide to go with that look.  No lace, no decorations, modest neckline....when was the last time we saw a kleinfield bride in a dress like that?

When is the last time we saw a Kleinfeld bride with her own boobs?  

Edited by GrannySmith
Spelling counts.
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

Some friends and I were watching the royal wedding this morning and commenting on what a pleasant change Meghan's dress was from the stuff so many brides are now wearing

When Meghan first stepped out of the car, I thought "Wow- that's underwhelming." And then I realized how much I've been affected by years of watching SYTTD, and brides insisting the dress they choose must embody that elusive "wow factor" (which, for most of them, translates into yards upon yards of tulle, breast and/or bum exposing bodices, thousands of crystals, etc.).

As I watched Meghan slowly ascend the stairs into the chapel, my sanity returned, and I remembered what a wedding dress should be. The dress shouldn't be the source of the "wow factor" - the dress should compliment the bride's natural attributes and enhance her own "wow factor" - which Meghan's dress most certainly did. She looked beautiful.

As an aside....There are probably only three people in the world who can wear "French's Mustard yellow" and look good in it. Amal Clooney is one of those three. She looked absolutely stunning.

• Love 13

I thought Meghan's dress was beautiful, but I will admit when I was watching the wedding, I wondered what Pnina (and all her fans) thought about the simplicity of Meghan's dress.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

The dress shouldn't be the source of the "wow factor" - the dress should compliment the bride's natural attributes and enhance her own "wow factor" - which Meghan's dress most certainly did.

Exactly!  That's what one of the fashion commentators said as well - the dress served to showcase Meghan's beauty, all eyes were on her glowing face.  And that veil was to die for as well - no showers of crystals or sequins, just the beautiful embroidery around the edge.

And the evening party dress was equally plain and equally stunning.  Again, the spotlight was on her obvious happiness.

Stripper brides - sit up and take notice!  I wonder if Pnina will change anything or completely ignore it since you know there will be brides out that clamoring for a similar look.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, abbey said:

No lace, no decorations, modest neckline....when was the last time we saw a kleinfield bride in a dress like that?

They'll just put one of those sparkly belts around the middle.

I love it!  It was classy and elegant as was her reception dress.  I liked both of Kate's looks, too.  And Amal Clooney!  Simply beautiful.

• Love 2

Designer Romona Keveza has a kind of similar style to Megan's dress with a fuller skirt but her dress I've seen that style in other bridal collections. But you hardly ever see this minimalist look on SYTTD everything is all super Bling, semi nude, sexy.

It's Romona Keveza style RK9405 in case you wanted to know. ?

Screenshot_20180520-132129_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Love 3

One of the British TV stations which shows SYTTD did a special today with reactions from Randy, Lori and Monte from the Atlanta version, David Emanuel who designed Diana’s dress and is on the UK version of SYTTD, plus some people from other bridal/romance type UK shows.

Randy and David both loved the dress, Monte totally adored it (and correctly predicted the simple style), Lori liked it but wanted some embroidery or lace.  

• Love 4

I thought Meghan’s dress was lumpy and ill-fitting, like they ran out of time to tailor it to her body. I could envision the look she was going for but IMO that dress fell well short of the mark. I prefer Meghan to Kate but Kate still holds the ‘best royal wedding dress’ award (maybe tied with Margaret). 

• Love 3

Very unpopular opinion here - even though I cannot stand anything on SYTTD (or almost anywhere bridal related) anymore, I thought both Meghan's dresses were ill fitting bed sheets; she could've done better. Her hair was also a mess & didn't look right with the tiara. The veil was lovely though.

Kate looked much better for her wedding, although I thought the pointy boobs looked ridiculous.

But I'm a very unfashionable yet fussy shit I guess.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I thought both Meghan's dresses were ill fitting bed sheets; she could've done better.

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.  What did you feel was "ill fitting". 

I saw no bulges, no wrinkles, no pulls, no too tight spots.  Am I missing something?  It seemed to me to be beautifully tailored to her body and flowed well.  Can you be specific?

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.  What did you feel was "ill fitting". 

I felt they bagged a bit, & as @Pachengala mentioned above, depending on her position, seemed a bit lumpy in spots. It's not that they should have been skin tight, but they could have hugged better in certain places & been smoother fitting; they also left with her with what seemed like no shape. I think the fabric might have had something to do with it. I realize it was silk, but there was something heavy & bulky about them, especially the first; the second was a bit better.

I was incredibly relieved it wasn't strapless (although I don't think that would've been allowed), & I do love an off the shoulder look. Perhaps I'm being picky about it, but given these folks have the best designers, stylists, etc, & are marrying royal, I just felt her look could've been better.

Again it's just my unprofessional opinion.

I'm not a royal watcher or wedding gown expert, but I really loved this look (princess of Monaco):

5b03715578851_princessmonacoweddingdress.jpg.3b402a0423c88127d43c31fceca545fa.jpg

And this may be really out there to some, but even something like it would be fitting for those castles:

5b0371853ed2e_renaissanceweddingdress.jpg.861d6462c6ab9930fc9e60e9d497f76e.jpg

Both are still simple but have more style & flair to them, IMO of course.

• Love 2

I guess that Meghan wasn't aware that Pnina could have designed a dress for her.  Just imagine if she could have walked down the aisle with a neckline cut down to her waist, backless, and skin-tight!  She could have been sexy.  Think of the look on Harry's face!    LOL

I just hope that the dress will be the signal for more tasteful dresses, but I'm not optimistic.  Kate's dress didn't do it.  There are just too many ditsy brides with no taste.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Think of the look on Harry's face! 

Think of the cardiac arrest for the oldsters!

I, too, am not optimistic but it was lovely to see this for a change as was Kate's dress.  Both so beautiful, simple, and tasteful.  Layers and layers of lace, sequins, cut outs, crystals etc. do not equal "classy" which is so often laughingly spouted by the stripper fairy brides.

• Love 3

Oh, I think we'll get some brides come in saying they want a gown like Megan's. But then the consultants and the entourages will talk them into a "sexy" strapless mermaid with lots of bling. Or maybe Randy's ballgown with pasties. So they can really look "like a princess." Taste won't get in the way of pushing Pnina's awful creations on TV.

• Love 9

SYTD had a special on Pnina a while back and if I remember correctly Pnina said Kleinfeld's initially did not want to carry her dresses as they didn't think they would sell well.  But they gave her a chance and subsequently called her and said they wanted more of her dresses as the brides to be loved them.  A sad commentary on what brides appear to be looking for.  Meghan's dress was simple and understated.  The attention was on Meghan and not on the dress.  With the Pnina dresses I would imagine most everyone (I know I would be) is gaping at all the bling and exposed body parts and not giving the bride herself much attention at all. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I love classic looks and deplore some of the more gaudy and dare I say hoochi looking gowns that are designed to shock, but, to me, Megan's gown was just too basic. I agree about it being underwhelming, but, to me, it screamed, "I'm not putting much time or thought into this gown."  Now, I would think that Megan certainly DID put A LOT of time, thought and energy into it, but, the gown negated that, in my mind. But, it's not about me. If she picked it, then, it's up to her.  The bride gets to be happy with whatever she chooses.  I will assume she was happy with it.  I did love the long sleeves.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Bride (French-Canadian?) fell in love with the Pnina transparent, from bust to pubic,   Her groom vetoed it - he said she looked like a stripper.  She was devastated!  She should hang on to him!

• Love 4
On 6/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, Oldernowiser said:

I saw the show for the first time in a few years this weekend...I barely recognized Pnina. Maybe now that she's aged she'll start creating less body-dependent dresses?

I saw this photo of a younger Pnina and honestly, I thought it was a different person. Sort of still do! 

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 1.10.05 PM.png

Is there no longer an episode thread for SYTTD? Or is the one we had just temporarily "gone" with the reorganization? Just wondering because the new season begins tonight.

It’s here in Other S shows-

• Love 2

Is there no longer an episode thread for SYTTD? Or is the one we had just temporarily "gone" with the reorganization? Just wondering because the new season begins tonight.

Am watching now.  Ep is "Hell Yes To The Dress".  The Botox Barfbag chick that wanted a black dress is back on.  Lots of cleavage and tatoos abound.  Lovely with a wedding dress.  I am frightened for the possibly brain damaged groom.  Maybe we will catch this family on Investigation Discovery Channel in the future.  In other news; the consultant Lisa (I think that is her name) looks scarier than ever.  She seems like such a nice person.  If she had hair color, hair styling, and clothing that were age appropriate for her, it would increase my respect for her.  Who styles these people?  If you are 50 or over, why are you trying to look 20?  All I have left is my hatred for that "Forever Now" theme music.  Please get a new theme!  This song has replaced Freebird as my number one song that I would not give a damn if I never heard again!  Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing new styles.  Just spare us all the drama!!!!

• Love 2
On 6/26/2018 at 1:51 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I love classic looks and deplore some of the more gaudy and dare I say hoochi looking gowns that are designed to shock, but, to me, Megan's gown was just too basic. 

Exactly.  I get that we've been over-saturated with Pnina's glittery corsets, but Megan's dress just veered to the other side of the spectrum.  Beautiful fabric, but the dress looked unfinished, like the designer started out with ended up being her dress, and just left it like that.    

I did love the simplicity of her veil, hair, and makeup.  But the dress needed something else beside the boat neck to set it apart; a lace overlay, a little beading, anything.  It's entirely possible to do a simple gown that stands out.  

The dresses were a little loose, but I'm letting that slide.  I doubt the poor woman ate anything in the weeks that preceded the wedding and probably lost some weight.  The dresses could have been tailored once more, but they probably didn't have time.

OMG, Randy claims that Air Force Vet bride who ugly cried throughout her entire episode is his most memorable bride ever! Wasn't she exposed as a scammer? 

And obnoxious Black Dress Cami and her husband are going to be in "Say Yes to the NEST?" I'm definitely passing on that one! 

• Love 4

On Cami/black girl dress, I kept thinking it looked dirty under her boobs, which you could see based on the neckline of the dress.  Then I realized she must have a tattoo there and that’s why it looked so dark.  I found it very distracting. I liked the dress otherwise.

I did like her mom though.

Is that the most time they have featured a bride’s actual wedding?  I guess to get us hooked on wanting to watch them in another reality show.  No thanks.

• Love 1