Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Kill

It is my understanding that one twin is more religious, the one who got left behind, while the other twin, the one who left, is non-religious, or at least non-practicing. But she has to pretend when she's "on" because there is no way the religious one is going to pretend not to be.

I still don't get how/why Miranda needs twins to infiltrate whatever it is she is trying to infiltrate unless she's using one as "backup" like, if one gets killed she's got another one to replace her with. But yeah, as someone said, they are each only getting half training. It makes no sense at all.

I wonder if Simon is some other kind of experiment, or test. Let's get a guy to come in and fake pretty much everything about himself and see who catches on. that person will be top of the class. I'm starting to feel like half these recruits are fake.

So far I only care about Simon, Shelby and the twins. The rest are just kind of there. I just don't get why Agent CougarTown (who's name I can't be buggered to learn or remember) is framing Alex. Did he set the bombs just to frame her? Because he sure seems out to get her from the very beginning. Sadly, that is less a compelling mystery than it is a boring weirdness so I really don't care and doubt it will make sense. I'm more interested in what Simon's deal is, who he really is, getting to know Shelby more because I like her character, and what Miranda's plan is for the twins, and why they agreed to it.

Alex told her mom she was in grad school. She didn't mention the FBI at all until that phone call, I believe.

What we've seen is that Alex told her mother she was leaving for grad school, when in fact she was leaving for Quantico. What was being debated is that Sita would have to know about the FBI because she'd have been questioned as part of the background verification. I'm positing that the two don't have to contradict each other. Sita could be aware of Alex's interest in the FBI through being interviewed, and yet believe that Alex left for Grad School, if she were told that Alex didn't qualify for the academy after all. 

Are the twins genuinely religious, or are they being more devout as part of their cover? 

I think Nimah (the physically weaker twin) is also the more adventurous and liberal one. That's why she was interested in joining up and living a different life. Raina who is the mean, physically stronger twin, seems to also be the more devout of the two - or at least the more conservative one That's why she keeps saying that the FBI is Nimah's want, not Raina's. Given that, maybe Nimah is ok to appear with an uncovered head.

Edited by romantic idiot
I still don't get how/why Miranda needs twins to infiltrate whatever it is she is trying to infiltrate unless she's using one as "backup" like, if one gets killed she's got another one to replace her with. But yeah, as someone said, they are each only getting half training. It makes no sense at all.

The only thing that makes 'sense' to me is that Miranda hopes one day to pull a switch-er-oo, put one twin in a position to maybe get 'caught' doing something while her twin gives her an alibi.  I mean who'd believe that she's actually twins, right?  It's brilliant - except that it's a huge risk for a plan you can't be sure you'll ever use, it's ridiculous that nobody is gonna catch on that two twins are sharing a life, it's completely unnecessary that they go through training at the same time by secretly sharing a room at Quantico, and the pay-off can only be made once.  I mean how often can one twin get off for something she couldn't have done because 10 witnesses put her across town.  And one person sees the two together even one time and the whole plan is sunk.  

I'm almost hoping this isn't the plan because if it is, it's preposterous even for a show that redefines 'preposterous'.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 4

Oh, I kind of hope that is Miranda's plan because that would be hilarious! But really, nothing else makes any sense. Maybe she will try to get one of the baddies to think he's on drugs, or hallucinating when he starts seeing double? I seriously got nothing. Does she want one of them to stay with the FBI while the other goes and infiltrates that group? But why? It's almost as undecipherable as why CougarTown has been targeting Alex since day one. I'm guessing she's his kid. Sitta was screwing around on her asshole husband with his equally assy (but in a less smack your wife around way) and had little Alex. But why would he gun for her so hard? Just to keep her from finding out?

• Love 1

Not only does Priyanka's hair stay flawless while running and evading the FBI she also has time to look stylish. When they broke into Shelby's house she had on a pair of tight fitting, ripped leg jeans. Did they stop at the mall for a new outfit and her a blowout on the way?

So I had a hard time hearing was agent car sex apologizing to the cop chick about being at the other corner of the triangles house early in the morning? So does this mean he is dating just her, or both her and Alex. Too many double crosses and secrets to keep up with I need a cheat sheet!

It's almost as undecipherable as why CougarTown has been targeting Alex since day one. I'm guessing she's his kid.

I am too - it's right in the front of the Big Book of Hollywood Clichés, pages of which end up end up as scripts for this show.

I am surprised at how charmless this show is, virtually devoid of humor and fun.  I know it's supposed to be all serious and such but I like a touch of levity with my ludicrousness.

• Love 3

In my own opinion, everybody is suspect...shelby, simon, nimah, everyone including booth. I don't trust any of them. Alex is screwed up and i'm dying because there are a lot of secrets hidden. I wanted to know it, i have figure that out in the next 15 weeks. I'm dying

it's ridiculous that nobody is gonna catch on that two twins are sharing half a life,

If Simon really is into Nimah, then logically, he might become suspicious as they grow closer - although this show hasn't been terribly logical to date.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

Thank god Miranda and CarSex both told Alex that she's basically being stupid about feeling guilty over shooting a hero. I just find that it's dumb that she forgot why she shot him all because she found out he was a stellar FBI agent. I know that it's realistic for Alex's weakness to be failing, but I was just so annoyed. I just thin it's only episode four and we haven't gotten enough of Alex (surprisingly) to already have this kind of storyline, and one that we should be deeply invested in, or whatever. Also, the random 'you gotta get Alex to quit Quantico' storyline? In episode FOUR? Seriously? I guess it's better to know now, but....it just.....my brain hurts.

I like Shelby and Alex's friendship. If I have to be honest, it's probably the only aspect about Alex that I enjoy.

Seriously? CarSex and BitchyMother are dating in the flashforwards? Of course they are. 

Elias is stalking Simon and it's creepy. Rick Cosnett, you deserve better than this, even if it's on The Flash.

The plans all don't make sense. Miranda and the twins' storyline doesn't make much sense, and Simon being a double triple agent doesn't make much sense either. 

Elias was a true creeper.

Everyone keeps acting like tweens at sleepaway camp for the first time instead of 30 year-old professionals.

So many secrets kept for such a long time and then given up just like that. Shouldn't they be learning to be even more secretive instead of reading their diaries to their new bbf or new crush. Oh that's right tweens at sleepaway camp...

I at least made it through the first season(mostly) with the blacklist I don't think I can make it that far with this one.

Wish I could take Dash and Akila from Minority report, Reade from Blindspot, and Simon and the twins from this show and make a brand new awesome show.

• Love 3

I can't unsee Mark Pellegrino as Jacob on LOST, and he was that same deadpan, no affect guy there. Every time he has a scene, I say to the TV "Always a pleasure talking to you, Jacob." Josh Hopkins is nearly as bad, and it's a shame, because a better actor in that role could be really interesting instead of being the most basic piece of basic bread in the whole show.

I am still liking nearly all the recruits (although Agent/Analyst...Caleb still bugs -- he's my darkhorse terrorist, especially since he seemed to have a different identity when he was looking at facebook a couple eps ago). He and Shelby are such an odd pairing, though, because she looks like she's in her 20s and he looks about 13. I'm going to have to resist the urge to play "Stacy's Mom" over their seemingly eventual sex scene.

I was actually wondering if Shelby was telling the truth about her half-sister, because of the whole thing that Alex said later about "I found out her secret and it nearly destroyed her." Though the never-ending foreshadowing is getting almost comical ("Remember when you dropped out of Quantico? Remember when I found out your secret? You will...in about 10 episodes!")

Still really enjoying this show, though. It's just harmless fun, with good enough performances from most of the actors to keep me entertained. That's all I ask from a show like this.

• Love 3

Man the moment where the Gotham PD  is more competent than Quantico's FBi .

I just find this show dull now . I get that its apparently hugely popular  but i'm like  --what is the point of this series ? Right now I'm just watching to see pretty women in tank tops.

The thing that is most surprising to me is that  they have an Indian actress as the lead but  it doesnt count for anything.  They could just as easily have cast Jamie Alexander or Rachel Bilson and there would be ZERO change to the script. .At this point Alex Parrish is just a girl with a very deep tan.

I'd much rather watch a show with Nimah as the lead character. At least there's a chance for some real drama.

How long has it been since they were in Quantico?

9 months. I don't think the writer's realize how little time that actually is.

So I had a hard time hearing was agent car sex apologizing to the cop chick about being at the other corner of the triangles house early in the morning? So does this mean he is dating just her, or both her and Alex.

In the present day scenes I'm fairly sure Alex/Booth aren't dating. And now we know that Booth/girl with fake scar are dating. The quadrangle with Alex/Booth/girl with fake scar/Cougar Town is the dumbest thing about this show.

I am surprised at how charmless this show is, virtually devoid of humor and fun.  I know it's supposed to be all serious and such but I like a touch of levity with my ludicrousness.

I find this to be the funniest thing about the show. They all take it so seriously it's straight-up hilarious.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
I just find this show dull now . I get that its apparently hugely popular  but i'm like  --what is the point of this series ? Right now I'm just watching to see pretty women in tank tops.

I think you answered your question. Boobs is the point of this series. Boobs and great hair.

fake scar

What's the deal with that? Is it from abuse of some sort? Alien probe?

Edited by dubbel zout

Didn't like Shelby's makeover. The actress has a tendency towards very exaggerated facial expressions which border on the comical. In the past scenes, she's pale enough and not too made up, and it's easy enough to overlook. Hey, I mean, some people IRL are that way, so no biggie, right? It doesn't have to be rotten acting, it could be a choice... But with the new look, her lips are so heavily emphasized that that border has been well and truly crossed, and it looks like she's taken up permanent residence in Absurdistan. Either tone down the mugging or the clown makeup, whichever. (By contrast, I find the same look works fine on a fairly somber character with similar coloring like Bonnie on HTGAWM.)

Which is a pity, as Shelby's scenes with Alex are the ones where I like Alex best, and it doesn't hurt if you're able to like the lead if you're going to watch a show. (*side-eyeing Blindspot right about now*)

Also liked Simon on the range. He has lovely arms. /shallow

But I also think the actor is doing a good job with the character. He manages to be skeevy, and cute, and rat-like, and a bunch of ambiguous stuff all at once. But it's probably helping that his norse stalker analyst is so OTT inappropriate. Seriously, if Simon were female, there's no way blondie wouldn't get reported to HR. Hate the double standard. But not in a way that makes me too stabby to watch, so they've got the balance right. Perversely it gives the obviously sketchy Simon sympathy points where even if I'm reasonably sure blondie's right, I still don't want him to win. So I think the writers are doing some things right with those two. (A little less weirdly stalkerish wouldn't be a mistake.)

And Caleb bugged me less this time around. Once again, Shelby's scenes with him are his best, which is one of the reasons I like her character, although Caleb's scene with Raina was a nice and unexpected change, too. (Raina is the nicer, more talented but also more conservative one, right?)

All in all, I don't think the show is very believable or makes much sense (Miranda's explanation explained nothing except her own backstory, and wannabe Agent Amin (Nimah?) didn't twig to that at all, so I assume she is not just physically inferior to her sister, but also intellectually), but the performances don't bug me anywhere near as much as those in Blindspot, and I find myself beginning to vaguely like some of the characters. Damning with faint praise, I guess, but I'll still be tuning in next week.

• Love 1

I need some twin clarification.  I'm not positive who is who and which one left. 

I think the twin that left is the nice twin that liked Simon. This is also the twin that under-performs and is the one that wanted to come to Quantico.

The twin that stayed is the twin who didn't want to be there but just came for her sister. She is also the twin that initially got  annoyed by Simon's chatter  and  is the physically stronger of the two.

I have no clue which is named what.

• Love 3

Also...didn't they mention something in one of the earlier episodes about Booth's family? I thought they were implying he had a wife/kids? Or did I totally misread that reference?

ETA: Maybe I imagined that. I guess he wouldn't be sleeping with Alex/Natalie if he had a wife (one would think anyway...)

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 1

Oh man, I thought the twin that left was the one who was physically stronger, excelled at the challenges but didn't want to be there. In the previous episode, she left, and said something like good luck trying to keep up or something to her sister. Then they cut to a scene, and the twin that stayed was struggling with something.

Nimah is the one who wants to be there, but Raina is the one who doesn't, but excels at the training? Or the other way around. So confused!

• Love 1

This show is still entertaining, but I can't understand why Booth is currently dating bitchy Natalie. She's mean to everyone and I'm still mad she didn't get in trouble last week for trying to vote off three people. Just looking at her smug face pisses me off.

I loved Eddie on the Flash but his character here is so creepy. Just do your undercover work on Simon and turn him in- stop being such a stalker.

Something terrible must have happened to have Shelby turn on Alex and think she is a terrorist. And I totally have hair envy towards Priyanka- no fair!

• Love 2

Are there two people from "Revolution" in this show?    

The thing that is most surprising to me is that  they have an Indian actress as the lead but  it doesnt count for anything.  They could just as easily have cast Jamie Alexander or Rachel Bilson and there would be ZERO change to the script. .At this point Alex Parrish is just a girl with a very deep tan.

I'm not sure about this comment.  I mean Indian women are women, just like white women and black women are.  I don't get what it's supposed to "mean."  

• Love 3

Here is the rundown on the twins.

NIMAH: Wanted the FBI, more adventurous, mean/aggressive, "average" performance; left Quantico.

RAINA: Didn't want FBI, more conservative (and devout?), nice/likes Simon, excellent performance.

• Love 2

But it's probably helping that his norse stalker analyst is so OTT inappropriate. Seriously, if Simon were female, there's no way blondie wouldn't get reported to HR. Hate the double standard. 

Triple standard,  if  gay analyst were a girl. They'd be sleeping together right now.

NIMAH: Wanted the FBI, more adventurous, mean/aggressive, "average" performance; left Quantico.

RAINA: Didn't want FBI, more conservative (and devout?), nice/likes Simon, excellent performance.

You sure about this ?  I thought the physically weaker twin was the one that remained .

Edited by The Kings Foot
I'm not sure about this comment.  I mean Indian women are women, just like white women and black women are.  I don't get what it's supposed to "mean."

Nor I.  They haven't really made much of Priyanka's ancestry except that she was out of the country for a decade.  I don't know about where you guys live, but most of my 'Indian' friends are such to about the same extent that I'm a Finn, which is to say pretty much not at all.  I guess we haven't rounded that corner entirely yet as I have a friend who trolls women who ask what his 'real' name is.  It's not 'Mohinder' ladies, it's just Robert, and he visited his grandparents in India like once when he was 10.  So much for being 'exotic'.

Edited by henripootel

I think is right except for the niceness/bitchiness:

NIMAH: Wanted the FBI, more adventurous, nice/likes Simon, "average" performance; left Quantico.

RAINA: Didn't want FBI, more conservative (and devout?), mean/aggressive, excellent performance.

But they do need to dfferentiate them more, since we're stil discussing it on page two of episode five!

I still like the show, but I like the Quantico-scenes more, and I'm not interested enough in the main character. As other posters have noted, the Mary Sueness of her character is a detriment; I can't connect with someone who's only flaw is that she's flawless. And every man wants her! (I do want her hair though). I like the other cadets a lot more: Simon and the twins intrigue me, Shelby and Caleb have potential to be intriguing (and Eolivet, I like that she looks so much older than him. Gives the potential hookup an interesting angle)

I'm not sure about this comment.  I mean Indian women are women, just like white women and black women are.  I don't get what it's supposed to "mean."  

I think the poster meant "surprising" as in "surprisingly nice". The character could have been played by any (white) actress but they chose a woc. Isn't that what we want: colorblind casting?

Nor I.  They haven't really made much of Priyanka's ancestry except that she was out of the country for a decade.  I don't know about where you guys live, but most of my 'Indian' friends are such to about the same extent that I'm a Fin, which is to say pretty much not at all.  I guess we haven't rounded that corner entirely yet as I have a friend who trolls women who ask what his 'real' name is.  It's not 'Mohinder' ladies, it's just Robert, and he visited his grandparents in India like once when he was 10.  So much for being 'exotic'.

Let me put it this way.   I know more about Simon's Jewishness and Shelby's 'upper classness' than I do about Alex's background.  Has she even mentioned offhand what it was like to live for 10 years in India ? 

And the same goes for the twins. They wear the Niqab but it might as well be for fashion as much as for religion. That's how little it seems to be part of them.

Edited by The Kings Foot
  • Love 1
Let me put it this way.   I know more about Simon's Jewishness and Shelby's 'upper classness' than I do about Alex's background.  Has she even mentioned offhand what it was like to live for 10 years in India ?

Fair point, but I think Alex's charter development stops at 'hair' and 'boobs'.  I'd give them a modicum of credit that the gay characters aren't simply flaming stereotypes were it not for the fact that they talk about being gay like constantly.  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 3

You sure about this ?  I thought the physically weaker twin was the one that remained .

Yes, I'm sure.  When Twin walked into the empty room in 1x03, she said "Nimah?"  So Nimah had left. Furthermore, Nimah had said, "I can learn to run faster or fight better, but you can never learn to be your own person."

From the showrunner in an interview with EW: And just to be clear, Nimah is leaving to teach Raina a lesson. Nimah isn’t leaving in the way of like, “I’m gone for good,” it’s like, “You think you can do it on your own? Well let’s see if you can.”

From this episode:

M: Hello, Nimah.

N: I never should have said yes when you recruited me. I am not good enough. If I was good enough, I'd be enough, but you wanted her, too.

I think is right except for the niceness

Nope, Raina likes Simon.  "So because Raina likes to hang out with Simon, I have to do the same?"

• Love 2

You sure about this ? I thought the physically weaker twin was the one that remained .

NIMAH: Wanted the FBI, more adventurous, nice/likes Simon, "average" performance; left Quantico.

RAINA: Didn't want FBI, more conservative (and devout?), mean/aggressive, excellent performance.

But they do need to dfferentiate them more, since we're stil discussing it on page two of episode five!

I agree with DEM's take on the twins. The more fit one (Raina) complained that their classmates' poor assessments of "her" character were due to Nimah's poor performance and aggression. Nimah was annoyed that Simon was talking to her while she was struggling to do her exercises, so she's the less friendly, less fit and less pro-Simon one. Raina pointed out that she had no problem doing the exercises and wasn't bothered by Simon in the least. She also said she could do better if Nimah wasn't holding her back. So Nimah left (despite being the one who wanted to go to Quantico in the first place) and left Raina a note saying Raina should see how she would do without Nimah. At which point Raina does end up struggling a bit because she finds herself suddenly doing (nearly) twice the work she had been (despite everyone else doing it the whole time, and we've been saying all along that each of them getting only half the education was certainly questionable), and complains that it's interfering with her morning prayers.

Although I thought it not as organic that Raina should be friendlier with Simon than Nimah, I appreciated it from a PC standpoint that they're not equating conservatism or religious devotion with unfriendliness or that the more "westernized" twin need automatically be nicer. But I thought they have built a bit of an explanation for that in Nimah needing to overcome the parameters a presumably more devout family imposes and the frustration of being the "inferior" twin while less faith-oriented in that setting and having become more antagonistic in the process.

Triple standard, if gay analyst were a girl. They'd be sleeping together right now.

Well only if he's faking teh gay. But yeah, you called it.

EDIT: or what DEM said...

Edited by krimimimi
  • Love 2

Fair point, but I think Alex's charter development stops at 'hair' and 'boobs'.  I'd give them a modicum of credit that the gay characters aren't simply flaming stereotypes were it not for the fact that they talk about being gay like constantly.  

Yeah, I mean I know its all down to this set of writers being particularly unwilling to do any sort of research but I kinda thought it would be low hanging fruit for her roommate Shelby to ask her  something personal.

I mean  Indian Americans in the FBI have got to be kinda uncommon..

Edited by The Kings Foot

This show is still entertaining, but I can't understand why Booth is currently dating bitchy Natalie. She's mean to everyone and I'm still mad she didn't get in trouble last week for trying to vote off three people. Just looking at her smug face pisses me off.

I am hoping he us dating her to investigate or has some kind of agenda. If not than I guess he just likes bitchy, if so that lowers my opinion of him even more!

• Love 1
Elias is stalking Simon and it's creepy.

I laughed and laughed at that ending shot of Elias watching Simon through the door.  He's such a drama queen.  First off, if you honestly were worried that Simon was some kind of terrorist, would you alert him to the fact that you know he is up to something, followed by threatening to go to the administration at some unspecified time to alert them to the issue?  Even for this show, that plan is idiotic.   

Fair point, but I think Alex's character development stops at 'hair' and 'boobs'.

In fairness, her hair is a lot more interesting than some of the characters on the show.  I would take a course from it to learn how it stays so incredible despite Alex being on the run for the past two days.  Maybe it also has a sexy, mysterious backstory.  And I've decided that the FBI apparently has purposefully chosen to put Alex into the tightest, most revealing tank tops possible on the off chance that her boobs will explode from their confines at any given moment, thus distracting possible straight male criminals. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 2

I'm finding the post-Quantico stuff a total bore. I totally don't even care who the terrorist is. I fast forwarded through a lot of that stuff because it was putting me to sleep.

I'm also seriously tiring of Alex and her men - they are all so dull. I find Shelby, the twins, and Simon the most interesting because their characters seem less static.

I had to roll my eyes at Alex wanting to quit after one mistake - she's experienced enough stuff where she shouldn't be acting out like that. If I was directing this academy, that attitude would be a total red flag to me.

It also annoys me how much tighter Alex's FBI shirt is than any other character. I, too noticed how she barely even tries to conceal her most noticeable characteristic - her hair - while on the run. While dying and cutting it would be best, even just getting it out of her face would be an improvement.

• Love 1

I don't think her hair is that special to be honest. And given that she's Indian, I think a blonde / red headed do etc. would stand out more because it would be unusual. Right now she's just an Indian woman, there are (presumably) quite a few of them around. But that's just a justification. 

I was actually wondering if Shelby was telling the truth about her half-sister, because of the whole thing that Alex said later about "I found out her secret and it nearly destroyed her." Though the never-ending foreshadowing is getting almost comical ("Remember when you dropped out of Quantico? Remember when I found out your secret? You will...in about 10 episodes!")

Still really enjoying this show, though. It's just harmless fun, with good enough performances from most of the actors to keep me entertained. That's all I ask from a show like this.

I think the reveal might be the parents' "warmongering"- unless that is out in the open.

The thing that is most surprising to me is that  they have an Indian actress as the lead but  it doesnt count for anything.  They could just as easily have cast Jamie Alexander or Rachel Bilson and there would be ZERO change to the script. .At this point Alex Parrish is just a girl with a very deep tan.

I'd much rather watch a show with Nimah as the lead character. At least there's a chance for some real drama.

I really don't mean to give offence but I don't think the FBI would have been as quick to condemn Alex or have done so so 'plausibly' had Alex looked like Shelby, for example. So Alex's background is counting for something. It is also more believable and easier to hide the fact that Alex had a missing year in Mumbai - which is far away and where records are not as well kept - than Small or Big town USA.

All in all, I don't think the show is very believable or makes much sense (Miranda's explanation explained nothing except her own backstory, and wannabe Agent Amin (Nimah?) didn't twig to that at all, so I assume she is not just physically inferior to her sister, but also intellectually), but the performances don't bug me anywhere near as much as those in Blindspot, and I find myself beginning to vaguely like some of the characters. Damning with faint praise, I guess, but I'll still be tuning in next week.

This.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that can't tell the difference between the twins.  I had thought the twin who left was named Raina, but I figured out last episode that it was Nimah when Nimah suddenly returned to the room.  I am positive the one who left was the physically inept one, because in the goodbye note Leaver left Stayer it said something about how Stayer wouldn't have to pretend to suck like Leaver did.  I also thought that the mean one was the one who didn't want to be there but is also the one who likes Simon.  For the simulation, did that all happen before the second one returned?  So it was supposed to be Raina, the good performer, the whole time?  She screwed up in the first house but then she killed the fake hostage in the office building.

In any event, it is obvious that the show isn't doing a good job of differentiating these two.  Obviously it is the same actress so they look identical.  To make it worse, the two are trying to play one person so they are doing their best to mimic each other.  I get that.  But where the show is failing is that they should at least have each address the other by name, and when they are going into a task, tell us who is who.  "Good luck today in the swimming test Raina, I know you don't like water."  "Hi Nimah, how was today, did Caleb say anything nasty to you in class?"  Is that too hard to ask?

• Love 2

I feel like, for the twins, they picked out two very different traits and then flipped a coin to see which twin got what. Such as, 'who gets to like Simon' and 'who gets to be the talented one' and especially 'who gets to leave Quantico for an episode'. Though, I'll admit I thought Raina was the mean one who liked Simon at first, but it seems like Nimah is the mean one and doesn't like Simon. I do remember that Nimah doesn't like Simon. Raina seems more flirty with Simon, despite the fact that she thinks he's gay. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

Ok guys, I decided to do us all a favor, and I scrounged around for the subtitles to the scene between the twins (that triggers Nimah's departure) after the other trainees profile "her"/them. From this, we should be able to get most of the Nimah/Raina stuff straight:

Nimah: I don't know why you're mad.

Everyone was criticized.

Raina: Everyone wasn't.

Nimah: But you said they wrote we were average and aggressive.

Raina: I did, but --

Nimah: Then why are you mad?

They're foolish.

Raina: I'm not mad at them, Nimah. *

The things they were saying -- they were talking about you.

Your aggression, your bad performance

that I have to match.

You are average. That's why I'm mad.

I didn't even want to be here in the first place,

and now that I'm here, I'm not allowed to do my best.

I'm stuck doing your best.

Nimah: They are going to vote us out.

Raina: I hope they do.

* This is the use of a name from which I worked back and forward to assign a character to the text. Should be correct. So basically that leaves us with:

I italicized the parts that the conversation above didn't clear, but the scene where Nimah tells Raina that while Nimah can always train harder to become better, Raina won't be able to do the same to become her own person (before leaving Raina and Quantico) confirms those parts as well.

But you're right, it shouldn't be this difficult.

Edited by krimimimi
  • Love 3

"Ok, guys, this week, let's have Nimah go through a crisis as she discovers a secret about her colleagues"

"Nimah left, remember?  We still have Raina, so she needs to be the lead on this one."

"No, you said Raina was leaving.  Wait, was that before the second read-through?"

"No, Nimah left.  I think.  I can't remember.  Which one was  Raina, anyway?"

• Love 1