Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Super Powers

• Start Topic

I hated this episode. I cannot stand watching "Crazy Carrie." It just seems so... ridiculous. 

The ending with Allison and Saul in bed together made no sense based on their private cold verbal interactions prior to that regarding Allison's job and being sent back to the US. Wouldn't he have explained things to her differently if they were lovers? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 7

I also hated this episode. I'm glad I had recorded it and got to fast-forward through all the dumb stuff involving her mania and the boring stuff involving the boring Jonas.  

This whole business with the meds strikes me as insensitive and insulting to those who actually are bipolar.  I really doubt--although maybe someone can enlighten me-- that going off the  meds for three days after you've been on the for some length of time can result in such a quick change in behavior.  Likewise, the one pill Jonas forced her to take shouldn't really have any effect.

I found the substance ofCarrie's "crazy" scenes and the acting by Danes to be insufferable.  

And now that I'm on the topic, I also think During and the actor who portrays him are boring.

The only interesting characters are Quinn and the German intelligence agent played by the fabulous Nina Hoss.  Saul and Dar Adal are just o.k.

But what the hell is this season going to be about?  Carrie's guilt and her attempt to avoid her would-be assassin?  Is that it?

• Love 2

Quinn kidnapped Carrie's boyfriend's son. He then sat on the mom's phone and waited for her to call the boyfriend to tell him the kid was "arrested." When she did, he tracked the call and found the boyfriend and Carrie.

Crazy Carrie is so tedious and played out. Yet another Emmy grab attempt that will go nowhere for Danes.

• Love 2

Another Carrie-off-her-meds episode.  I'm just grateful it happened early on in the season so it's over and done with.  Whatever Quinn injected Carrie with, I hope it contained lithium.

I like Astrid and Quinn.  Nice chemistry and she totally wanted to go with him.  Don't blame her at all.  Cuz he's charming as hell in a darkly, dangerous way.  If it was me, I'd have left dude at the restaurant and jumped on top of Quinn.  He is really, really smoking hot.

That said, hated seeing him kidnap a child to get to Carrie.  Not sure why the show needed to go there, especially after how distraught he was that he'd accidentally killed a child in S3.  I guess they're trying to show how far gone he is but I wish they hadn't taken it there.

Saul & Allison?  Wha?  WhereTF is Mira?

Way too much Carrie/boyfriend stuff in this ep.  He is such a friggin stiff.  I really hope he's gone.  When Off-her-meds-Carrie bitched about his pulling a Clark Kent and being boring-boring-boring! I had to laugh, and agree.

Edited by lvbalgurl

Ugh off her meds Carrie I hate. So minutes after sending her child away she's off her meds for the mission and doing coke? Because off her meds makes her better and stronger. Great message to send there show about being bipolar. Don't take your meds, you're smarter without it!

Yay for Quinn wearing a bullet proof vest.

If Saul's with Allison then it's even more possible she's the one who planted Carrie's name to Quinn.

Edited by Artsda

[quote name="Marianne" post="1617663" timestamp="1445227784

This whole business with the meds strikes me as insensitive and insulting to those who actually are bipolar. I really doubt--although maybe someone can enlighten me-- that going off the meds for three days after you've been on the for some length of time can result in such a quick change in behavior. Likewise, the one pill Jonas forced her to take shouldn't really have any effect.

I'm bipolar, I've taken Lithium, and I have gone off of it cold turkey which is what many people with thought and mood disorders do. Sometimes people stop their meds because they think that once they begin to feel better, they think they are cured and no longer need them. Some of us (me) do it out of depression or anger. Others stop taking Lithium (and other medications) because the side-effects are unbearable. And then there are cases like Carrie: people who feel that they can only perform well, be creative, work, or "see" things when they are manic. As for how long it would take for Carrie's symptoms to reappear, it depends on the dosage and how long she's been on it. Stopping cold turkey for three days isn't a sufficient length of time for her symptoms to reappear at all, let alone trigger the type of mania and psychosis she displayed. One thing to keep in mind is that Carrie has done this many times before, so her manic state will be higher and when she crashes to the ground, the depression she'll fall into will be worse than ever. Each time you go off your meds, the mania is worse. The fun parts like being the life of the party, getting a bunch of work accomplished, hyper-sexuality, wild spending, and partying are much shorter and the psychosis emerges sooner. If this show even attempts to be accurate (LOL!), Carrie should be psychotic, hospitalized because of her behavior, sedated, severely depressed and not functioning. The proper and safe way to get off of Lithium is to taper it off.

As obnoxious as Crazy Carrie is, stopping her medications because she feels she is able to see things or do things better, is not uncommon at all. Many people do it. I've done it a few times (and wound up in the locked ward at Bellevue) and I know people who've done it too. Crazy Carrie and people who do this are a huge burden on their families, can get violent, and angry when challenged. That said, I'm glad we've gotten that part of the season out of the way.

I sort of liked this episode. I hate Saul's new jumpoff; I've hated her from the moment she came on screen.

Based on what Saul and the Israeli ambassador said, Carrie has been giving money to and meeting with Hezbollah which the U.S. regards as a terrorist group. Giving material support to a terrorist group lands you in prison for a long time. Killing Carrie would be a much cleaner and safer solution than bringing a former intelligence officer, who's had previous terror connections before, than having the embarrassment and scandal all over again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

It wasn't cocaine, it was caffeine, Artsda.

I also disliked this episode because I too am tired of the Carrie-goes-off-her-meds-and-falls-off-the-wagon mini plot. Been there, done that... multiple times. However, I don't think the message it sends is that going off medication is a good idea. Quite the opposite, actually. The show always demonstrates that it never ends well.

Saul sleeping with Allison, coupled with his conversation/pissing match with During in which During basically claimed Carrie for himself, brings up the whole mentor/mentee relationship between Saul and Carrie and casts it in an interesting light. Was he always a father figure to her, or was there ever any sexual tension between them? We're in pretty Freudian territory here, huh? It's as though Allison is just a placeholder for Carrie. (And Saul has his own redheaded lover this time around... coincidence, I'm sure.)

• Love 4

Did Saul and his wife break up and I've completely forgotten, or is he having an affair?

Yeah I was wondering if she died and I forgot about it.  I hope this is the last season of the show. I too was disappointed to see that there was another Carrie off her meds scene. It's truly played out by now and I think the show has probably run its course.

Edited by WentMissing
  • Love 1

Based on what Saul and the Israeli ambassador said, Carrie has been giving money to and meeting with Hezbollah which the U.S. regards as a terrorist group. Giving material support to a terrorist group lands you in prison for a long time. Killing Carrie would be a much cleaner and safer solution than bringing a former intelligence officer, who's had previous terror connections before, than having the embarrassment and scandal all over again.

Yes, but she only met with Hezbollah to ensure During's safe passage through the refugee camp. I would think the CIA would understand, especially given the public nature of During's visit to Lebanon.

• Love 2

I don't think the problem is the meeting, it's the payment that causes an issue.  Any money going to Hezbollah is going to be used against the US, and that's a big no-no.

You're not supposed to give them any money, no matter how altruistic your cause.  It sort of defeats the purpose of the donation, doesn't it?  "I want to give 10 billion dollars to the refugee cause, and I just gave 40,000 to one of the organizations destabilizing the region so I can make this speech".

I understand that the amounts greatly differ, but, on moral grounds it's just wrong.

• Love 2

Well, going to have to vote against the crowd. For an episode with only one gunshot in it this one was amazingly tense.

Crazy Carrie is a trope of this show and an unnecessary one at that. However, I have seen someone go manic in person before. This show gets it scary close to how it is. In all the tension over the past four seasons, I think Carrie deliberately going off her meds was the scariest thing this show has ever done. Her boyfriend was nuts to go along with the idea and I knew she'd end up refusing to take the meds once she had figured things out. It's very easy to break a promise when you think you know everything.

I noticed that when Carrie hopped off her boyfriend after crazy-sex she was wearing her bra and grey pajamas. Apparently crazy-sex is so hot you don't even have to undress for it.

Speaking of crazy sex, Allison and Saul? Double You Tee Eff? Like the rest of the CIA I did not see that coming. Is this a very recent thing or are they supposed to have a history together? I can't see Saul letting Allison take the fall if they were involved. I hope this plot ends up making sense and isn't just for shock value.

Someone better with ballistics could address this in more detail but I was under the impression that rifles generally penetrated bulletproof vests. Maybe you can't buy full metal jacket in Germany.

Speaking of jackets, our intrepid investigative reporter left her cute little leather jacket behind during the fire alarm. She probably figured it was a false alarm but I for one am not letting my leather jacket burn up in a fire! I paid good money for it and if all I have to do is sling it over my shoulders as I'm leaving... Shameful display.

• Love 8
Her boyfriend was nuts to go along with the idea and I knew she'd end up refusing to take the meds once she had figured things out.

I think it was less that he really wanted to go along with it and more that he knew she had already gone off her meds and doesn't trust anyone else so he was trying to do the right thing by being there to keep an eye on her and give her the meds she needed when it was time, as opposed to leaving her alone in the middle of nowhere and hoping she would just take the drugs on her own. But yeah, I knew that despite her intention to take her lithium later she would not just smile and swallow that pill.

When Jonas came back and she had all the photos rearranged in a circle around her, I was really hoping she had figured out who was after her so that going off her meds was worthwhile.

Oh, Quinn. I hope that he just drugged her so that he can get her to tell him what the hell is going on. Then again, if he really intended to kill her, he would have just done it instead of drugging her in the first place so I have hope that they will both get ouf of this alive.

Saul and Allison, ugh. Even leaving Carrie out the equation, he is Allison's boss which just makes their relationship icky to me. But I kind of love that he was still willing to let her take the fall last week even though they are sleeping together. On a shallow note, Allison's bathroom is gorgeous. I always find it hilarious/sad in scenes like that where the woman is in a lacy black nightie and the guy is in a grey t-shirt.

• Love 3
I always find it hilarious/sad in scenes like that where the woman is in a lacy black nightie and the guy is in a grey t-shirt.

Well, he did alright in the leather pants back in the Princess Bride days but nowadays... You know what Saul? Just keep your shirt on.

• Love 4

I hated this episode. I cannot stand watching "Crazy Carrie." It just seems so... ridiculous. 

The ending with Allison and Saul in bed together made no sense based on their private cold verbal interactions prior to that regarding Allison's job and being sent back to the US. Wouldn't he have explained things to her differently if they were lovers? 

In total agreement

• Love 1

I was a little surprised when Carrie's boyfriend said "How do you live with yourself?" since he was the one who vetted her for the During Foundation.  What did he think she was doing when she was station chief in Kabul?

I too am tired of Carrie-off-her-meds.  At least last season, Carrie's nemesis in the ISI set it up rather than Carrie going off them voluntarily.

When Allison was getting for bed, I figured she was talking to Saul.  I really wish they hadn't gone there.

• Love 4

Patinkin's little jaw-twitch in his scene with During was The Best. We don't need dialog when you can convey whole pages with just one clench.

William R. Moses as the fratty ambassador! Wow, I don't think I've seen him in anything since he played the married dad that Annabeth Gish boffed in Mystic freaking Pizza. (I just looked at his imdb page, He works a lot. So what do I know!) I am old.

Carrie needs a night-scope on her rifle. Quinn had one on his! Quinn is always prepared. That he and Astrid met outside of a place called Crackers made me smile. That Astrid was all, 'honey, I can't be screwing you where I live, fer pete's sake' was a good character touch. Spies have rules!

And on that note, Saul, Saul, Saul. You must believe that Allison will sell you out the first chance she gets. So is this just nuts, or are you keeping the enemy closer?

I bet even Claire Danes is getting sick of doing the Wall of Crazy scenes.

• Love 2

Kinda meh after the strong start of the season. All the time I was waiting until Carrie/Quinn reunion. I didn't hate the Carrie off the meds scenes, they were well-acted and made sense, but they felt... kinda perfunctory, I dunno? 

I really want more time for Saul and Quinn, especially Saul because it's kinda unclear ATM what's going on inside his head.

I liked the twist with the hacker's friend, but could the Russian guy be less cliched? Ugh. I always cringe at how western shows portray Russian people. It feels so lazy.

Quinn's vest stopping a bullet from a sniper rifle was way too much. I mean, I'm no expert and even I felt it was super unbelievable (I confirmed my doubts by asking my ex-military husband). 

Anyway, next episode we'll finally get the Carrie/Quinn reunion (at least I assume as much) and I have high hopes for that. And yes, I am kinda shipping them. OK, I am really shipping them, what can I say, when it comes to romance, I have a type, and people who try to kill each other is my #1 preference.

Saul sleeping with Allison, coupled with his conversation/pissing match with During in which During basically claimed Carrie for himself, brings up the whole mentor/mentee relationship between Saul and Carrie and casts it in an interesting light. Was he always a father figure to her, or was there ever any sexual tension between them? We're in pretty Freudian territory here, huh? It's as though Allison is just a placeholder for Carrie. (And Saul has his own redheaded lover this time around... coincidence, I'm sure.)

I assume no, because in the pilot (IIRC) Carrie did try to seduce him (in a very similar way she tried to seduce her BF this episode when he was forcing her to swallow the pills) but Saul was squicked very much. But Allison is very obviously jealous of Carrie, and I guess the reveal about her relationship with Saul does explain it somewhat.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 5

While I hate crazy, drunk Carrie, Claire Danes nails the maddening immaturity and unreasonableness such people have in an episode. I have a friend who gets like her. Rude, bratty. You want to slap the smug off her face. Guh.

I did love seeing Master Assassin Quinn get shot by a desk jockey. Carrie has never been known to be a superior shooter. Thought it was funny.

I hate Saul having an affair with the station chief. Too obvious. Plus their fight about her maneuvering....why have it other than as a fake out to us? Clumsy and obvious. Had she been with Otto....now we are talking.

With this seemingly random & odd behavior from Saul thus far, topped off w/ the sudden bedding of the Berlin Station Chief, is it possible that they are setting him up to be a bad guy by shows end- and his treachery will be shown to have stretched back to being the infamous mole from season 1? Up until now, Saul has always sort of been the moral compass of the show, however, that seems to be changing & rather quickly.

• Love 1

I've always had an eye on Saul. I can't recall specifics right now, but going back several seasons there have been some questionable incidents, like how could certain things have happened or been known if not for Saul playing both sides? I like the character but I've never fully trusted him.

• Love 2

I've always had an eye on Saul. I can't recall specifics right now, but going back several seasons there have been some questionable incidents, like how could certain things have happened or been known if not for Saul playing both sides? I like the character but I've never fully trusted him.

Please no. Can you imagine the epic meltdown Carrie will have if that happens. After today's episode, I, for on, do not want to see another Crazy Carrie episode.

On one hand I do get why she went off the meds. She truly believes that she works better off them and she must be desperate to get her life back - with Jonas and her daughter. But as a viewer and after four seasons, I do not want to see her manic episodes. I was so bored. I just fastforwarded until other people popped up.

Quinn is turning out to be the MVP of the show. Can we just talk about how hot he is? lol. And Rupert Friend is doing an awesome job of portraying the initial detachment of the character in the first two episodes and this week's inner turmoil as he ran around trying to find Carrie. I was not surprised by his kidnapping of Jonas's kid. He had always been ruthless when it came to achieving his goals.

And now that Carrie and Quinn had met, perhaps the show will pick up again. So I wasn't that much bothered by this episode, although I also didn't enjoy it like the previous two.

Edited by norask
  • Love 1
Saul has always sort of been the moral compass of the show

Saul was the moral compass of the show since its beginning; now he's lost his own.  Apparent consequences: Mira has cut him loose in a way even Saul must accept is for keeps; he's in bed with both Dar Adal and a very talented but even more self-interested operative; he's running Peter Quinn (on empty) as his own stalking horse to political overseers, and as his personal drone; he has no patience for the larger perspective that used to be his hallmark.  

What's most consistent about Saul is how personally he takes it whenever Carrie leaves the agency, or threatens to, either to make a life with someone else, or to find peace of mind. Despite his having done the same, for both reasons, a few years ago. His rigid fury when he ran into Carrie at the Embassy -- Saul's spine stiffened and his chest swelled up with wrath; The Bear looked like he was shot and stuffed -- was the most human reaction he's shown all season.

• Love 8

Laura Sutton said she had two arrest warrants in the US.  How long has she been in Germany?  Last I checked, there was an extradition treaty between the US and Germany.

Also, how stupid is Numan to give his name to Laura?  Even if Numan isn't his real name, but just the name he uses in Germany, it's stupid.  Plus, when he called himself Numan, Seinfeld immediately popped into my mind.

That said, I love that Korzenik screwed over Numan.  I love it when the sidekick doesn't just stand idly by and complain.  Best of all, it will make Laura even more paranoid than before.

• Love 1

Another thought, why did Quinn have to kidnap the son? Couldn't the CIA have scoped out mama's phone and found Jonas, and through him, Carrie?

He needed a reason for the mother to call her ex immediately.  It's obvious the ex told her he'd be away for a few days and gave her a burner number to call in case of emergencies only.  Quinn would figure out that if he's with Carrie, she's calling the shot when it comes to their security, and that she would set up a "safe" communications method between father and son.

Quinn could have waited to see if they called, but that would entail hours upon hours of listening to her bugged phone.  He just picked a shorter route.

• Love 4

This whole business with the meds strikes me as insensitive and insulting to those who actually are bipolar.  I really doubt--although maybe someone can enlighten me-- that going off the  meds for three days after you've been on the for some length of time can result in such a quick change in behavior.  Likewise, the one pill Jonas forced her to take shouldn't really have any effect.

To be fair though, they sort of put a disclaimer on there. When Jonas asked Carrie, "are you sure this is the best way to do it?" Carrie answered something like "No, but this is what works best for me." So I don't think what they did last night was insulting to people who have bipolar disorders. Carrie acknowledged what she did is not right and not healthy at all, but it's the one method that's working for her for what she needed to do.

That said, I don't like Crazy Carrie either. I was hoping the writers would have moved forward permanently with that storyline already. Last season they already dealt with that in a significant manner. We don't need another episode of that again.

I didn't see Allison and Saul having a fling either. I thought the big reveal is that Allison may be sleeping with someone on the other side and is playing double agent. I wonder when the affair started. Before or after she was threatened to leave her post? Now her "You better start showing some fucking allegiance to people who have stood by you" gives a whole new different meaning.

Yeah I was wondering if she died and I forgot about it.

I actually thought they got back together. After Saul was saved from the bombing last season, his first call was to Mira. And I just assumed they made nice from there.

Edited by slowpoked
(edited)

when it comes to romance, I have a type, and people who try to kill each other is my #1 preference.

Haha, so Buffy/Spike fan?

Another thought, why did Quinn have to kidnap the son? Couldn't the CIA have scoped out mama's phone and found Jonas, and through him, Carrie?

Because Quinn is officially on his own which means he doesn't have CIA resources. He can no longer call them and ask for information or assistance. Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Because Quinn is officially on his own which mesns he doesn't have CIA resources. He can no longer call them and ask for information or assistance.

Makes sense, since he had to ask Astrid for what I think is a regular intelligence equipment. It doesn't look like he can even walk into CIA offices anymore. 

I actually fell asleep sometime during her being manic and goofy and am going to have to watch the rest of the episode tonight.  I sighed out loud when she told the boyfriend about her Wile E Coyote scheme.  Also, she seemed super proud of her sobriety in Lebanon.  I guess being marked for death shook her up.

I was enjoying this season quite a bit before this episode (which to be fair I will have to finish before being completely negative).

Yes, Saul made it clear to Quinn that Quinn would be working entirely outside the CIA apparatus; only Saul (and presumably, Dar Adal) would know of Quinn's activities. The reveal about Saul and Alison's affair makes it seem almost certain that she is the source of the kill order on Carrie, as others speculated last week.  

Alison does seem more than a little obsessed about Carrie. First her friendly suggestion that Carrie take the back stairs out of the Embassy, in order to avoid Saul. (Ahh!) Then the remark, as slowpoked pointed out, about Saul, Carrie and his loyalty. Last week she could barely pretend to have any doubt that Carrie was more than circumstantially connected to Laura Sherman and so, the hacking. And this week, when Numan flushed Laura from the During Foundation offices, Alison was convinced that Laura would be making contact with Carrie -- that's what she was hoping to confirm,  then despaired of having missed. Meanwhile, the other 1,361 hacked documents seemed to be changing hands.  

Priorities, Alison.  We all like Saul -- maybe one of us a little more as a career-booster -- but please. What target did you remove from Peter's drop-box, in order to replace with Carrie? 

• Love 1

I don't think the problem is the meeting, it's the payment that causes an issue. Any money going to Hezbollah is going to be used against the US, and that's a big no-no.

You're not supposed to give them any money, no matter how altruistic your cause. It sort of defeats the purpose of the donation, doesn't it? "I want to give 10 billion dollars to the refugee cause, and I just gave 40,000 to one of the organizations destabilizing the region so I can make this speech".

I understand that the amounts greatly differ, but, on moral grounds it's just wrong.

That may have been the case at one time, but U.S. intelligence doesn't view Hezbollah as an active threat. Hezbollah is getting weapons and intelligence from the U.S. via the Lebanon government and the U.S. tacitly agrees to it. Hezbollah devotes almost all of its resources to fighting any group trying to expel Asaad and every Sunni terrorist/militants threatening the regime, Deash ncluded (which is why the U.S. is playing footsie with them under the table despite the U.S. wanting Asaad gone. Hezbollah is now one of the U.S.'s unacknowledged allies, at least when it comes to Deash. They are well trained by Iran and they are indispensable in the fight against Deash. But, the U.S. supports other anti-Asaad fighters, so no one is truly friendly with anyone. Making sweeping statements about what is and isn't moral really a good idea or accurate. Is Hezbollah as bad as Daesh, al-Shabab, or al-Nusra or Boko Haram? Not at all.

Despite all that, Hezbollah is listed as a terrorist organization, therefore any transfer of money to them is illegal and it would be an embarrassment for a former CIA officer to get caught giving them money. The U.S. and Hezbollah are currently unacknowledged allies with the Lebanese government as the middleman (much as Iran is on the same side as U.S.), so it would be best to kill her rather than have a trial during which she could spill any number of embarrassing facts that the U.S. does, in fact, cooperate with terrorist groups.

Carrie's boss could be squeezed if he were charged with aiding Hezbollah. Under the Patriot Act, he would lose access to our markets and banks. Anyone dealing with him would be equally isolated. His business would fold and his humanitarian friends who are also billionaires would disavow him in the blink of an eye. Can you imagine the humiliation? A German industrialist whose family made a fortune due to the enslavement of Jews in Nazi Germany colluding with a virulently anti-Semetic group bent on the destruction of Israel would be catastrophic.

• Love 3

Carrie off her meds. Well my truce with the writers lasted only 3 episodes. The first two episodes introduced a fresh dynamic: a hacking and snooping scandal, Astrid, a new slate for Carrie and Quinn off at the deep end. Now we are back to Middle East regime changes and Carrie off her meds. 

• Love 1

This show makes me question my abilities to stay focused. I do not understand this. The dark haired hacker gave the reporter the hacked CIA files, but when she opened it she got the finger. Was he aware those files were erased in what he gave her?

Did the blond haired hacker erase it because he wanted to sell the files to the Russians? 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Jonas: Tell me warning signs again.  What to look for.

Carrie: Um Incoherence, mostly.  I'm talking too fast, keep losing my train of thought.  If you're having trouble understanding me.  Or if I get belligerent or abusive.

So how are we supposed to know when to give Carrie her pills and when she's normal?

• Love 9

This show makes me question my abilities to stay focused. I do not understand this. The dark haired hacker gave the reporter the hacked CIA files, but when she opened it she got the finger. Was he aware those files were erased in what he gave her?

Did the blond haired hacker erase it because he wanted to sell the files to the Russians? 

Yes it appears the blond guy figured out what was going on and erased the files first.

The erased files with the finger occurred before blond guy learned that Numan gave the files to the reporter.  He must have been telepathetic.

Haha, so Buffy/Spike fan?

Anti-fan, actually. Felt it was really OOC for Buffy, but Carrie's not her - and really, a government assassin with a heart is a step-up from a POW-turned-terrorist anyway.

However, my current shipping obsession is a video game pairing a half of which had just declared his intent to kill the majority of people in the world including a woman he professed to love just after that declaration. I suppose I have issues.

Carrie off her meds. Well my truce with the writers lasted only 3 episodes. The first two episodes introduced a fresh dynamic: a hacking and snooping scandal, Astrid, a new slate for Carrie and Quinn off at the deep end. Now we are back to Middle East regime changes and Carrie off her meds. 

I view Carrie off her meds as a "once per season" occasion we can't get rid of, so it's better to deal with it early rather than later in the season when things start getting hot.

• Love 3

The erased files with the finger occurred before blond guy learned that Numan gave the files to the reporter. He must have been telepathetic.

Numan straight up told him in the previous episode that he wanted to give the rest of the files to her (right after they watched her interview on tv). The blond guy's objection was the free part because he insisted they should make some money from releasing the files. He knew that Numan was going to give her the rest of the files. He just didn't know when or where.
  • Love 3

I hated this episode for three reasons:

1) Crazy Carrie - If she didn't have access to her meds and went nuts that would be one thing but for her to CHOOSE to go off her meds after seemingly doing so well makes no sense. I didn't expect her to stay sober but it's still too bad

2)Saul & Allison - This felt like a hasty decision to me. I can't believe they had that in mind when they wrote these two characters scenes in the first episode. I realize this season is definitely a dark side of Saul, but this seems completely out of character. Where is Mira?!

3)Jonas - He sucks. First, he actually agrees with Carrie's plan to stay off her meds. Ridiculous. Secondly, he flips out because of all the "blood on her hands" after saying he did her background check. I get it...he doesn't probably understand bipolar disorder and maybe seeing all the pictures it hit home a little, but still...be a grown up. And I can't believe he just left her at the house without even an attempt to look for her, someone could have taken after all, they were hiding out.

I did enjoy the pissing contest with Otto and Saul as well as his exchange with the US ambassador. Here's to hoping Quinn and Carrie team up next week.