Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pete Martell

Supernatural Media: I Observe, With My Eyes

I was floored by how long #HappyBirthdayDeanWinchester trended yesterday.

It seemed like it was all day long.

I have to say that I think the outpouring of love for the character was greater yesterday than it's ever been before.

So, SO! bittersweet...

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I was floored by how long #HappyBirthdayDeanWinchester trended yesterday.

It seemed like it was all day long.

I have to say that I think the outpouring of love for the character was greater yesterday than it's ever been before.

So, SO! bittersweet...

Very bittersweet, and a lot of viewers are still really raw where it concerns how Dean was treated at the end. There's a lot of anger out there, and I don't think that's going away anytime soon, if ever. And in general a lot of people are simply missing the character badly. Again, maybe they wouldn't as much if the ending hadn't literally trashed him barely a week after their "win", stupid as it was, and gave him zero future just 'cuz.

Bittersweet with heavy on the BITTER.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

9 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Very bittersweet, and a lot of viewers are still really raw where it concerns how Dean was treated at the end. There's a lot of anger out there, and I don't think that's going away anytime soon, if ever. And in general a lot of people are simply missing the character badly. Again, maybe they wouldn't as much if the ending hadn't literally trashed him barely a week after their "win", stupid as it was, and gave him zero future just 'cuz.

Bittersweet with heavy on the BITTER.

That ending for Dean was messed up. TBH though I'd rather see him dead than live out the life of mediocrity that Sam apparently did. Dean is a legend that can never be taken away. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Supafanstan said:

That ending for Dean was messed up. TBH though I'd rather see him dead than live out the life of mediocrity that Sam apparently did. Dean is a legend that can never be taken away. 

It would be impossible for Dean to be mediocre, that's probably why they had to kill him. Because it would make Sam's life look all the more pathetic by comparison. LOL  Whatever it was, because it was Dean, he'd have been extraordinary.  Local fire department?  The best guy on the team, always going above and beyond.  Teacher?  Most popular teacher in school, has a shop class AND school plays.  School bus driver?  Kids want to go home on HIS bus.  And frankly whatever he did he'd probably get promoted quickly. Because that's just Dean and that's how Jensen played him.

• Like 9

Sorry it this is stupid question, but is there a way to purchase only the commenteries from the seasons? I'd really like to listen/watch them 😚 Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MishMIsh said:

Sorry it this is stupid question, but is there a way to purchase only the commenteries from the seasons? I'd really like to listen/watch them 😚 Thanks

I don't think so.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MishMIsh said:

I haven’t used my DVD players in years, but lack of commentaries is definitely the downside of streaming.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The Halloween trio and Jensen with the kitten are my favs. ❤❤❤

I love the Jensen and kitten pics!

• Like 5

On 2/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I love the Jensen and kitten pics!

haha I changed my twitter to that pic for his Bday! My favorite things in shot.🙂

• Like 1

Supernatural boss reveals original ending: Roadhouse reunions, Kansas performance

So they were going to kill off Kansas? LOL! Sure, Andre.

I imagine if that is true, that would be the blend from Supernatural to real-life, like they did with the actual ending and breaking the fourth wall. Still would've sucked as a story, but it would've been cool to see everyone. Maybe somebody actually would've mourned Dean.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Supernatural boss reveals original ending: Roadhouse reunions, Kansas performance

I imagine if that is true, that would be the blend from Supernatural to real-life, like they did with the actual ending and breaking the fourth wall. Still would've sucked as a story, but it would've been cool to see everyone. Maybe somebody actually would've mourned Dean.

Well, two things (OK, maybe three):

1.  "Time is different here."  So who knows how long it took for everyone to get together.

2.  They could still probably use the Memorex Heaven for Kansas, at least (how many concerts did Pamela go to in her original heaven?)

and (3) You're expecting anyone involved with the writing or production to think logically about what they were doing?  They always did whatever they thought was cool, whether it made sense or not.  The fans could always wank an explanation.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Answers that start with 'well' generally scare me, lol. The whole 'time is different here' didn't make sense in the episode - it didn't get better with age. Fortunately I don't care enough any more to really try and make sense of it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Answers that start with 'well' generally scare me, lol. The whole 'time is different here' didn't make sense in the episode - it didn't get better with age. Fortunately I don't care enough any more to really try and make sense of it.

Sorry to scare you.  The "real" answer is #3.

Edited by ahrtee · Reason: Had to qualify "real"
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, doesn't sound too great in theory but I would have enjoyed seeing someone other than just Bobby waiting for him. The bolded part is why I will never watch the finale again. 

• Like 6

I'm so very happy that Jensen got to take Baby home with him! And there's no doubt in my mind, that if he didn't have that written into his contract, he would not have gotten the car. 👿

• Like 4

14 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I'm so very happy that Jensen got to take Baby home with him! And there's no doubt in my mind, that if he didn't have that written into his contract, he would not have gotten the car. 👿

No doubt at all, especially in Jensen's mind, I assume. He was willing to forgo a pay raise to have the car in his contract instead, for goodness sake. Yeah, he knew if it wasn't in writing, he wouldn't have gotten Hero 1.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I would’ve swapped Baby for a memorable mind blowing masterpiece of a finale... but then I’m not a car girl. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I would’ve swapped Baby for a memorable mind blowing masterpiece of a finale... but then I’m not a car girl. 

Unfortunately, Jensen (or Jared) had no control over that finale. We all deserved a mind blowing masterpiece! I'll bet both guys learned something about producer's credit/influence because of this fiasco.

• Like 1

I'm watching the Oscars on my DVR and was shocked to see Misha!. He was sitting at the Sound of Metal table with the director and writers. I checked the cast and crew list on IMDb and his name only appears in the very long list of Thanks at the bottom of the page. He must be close friends with the director and/or writer.

ETA: Apparently, I'm far from being the only confused person! https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/supernatural-star-misha-collins-at-oscars-2021-confuses-twitter/

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm watching the Oscars on my DVR and was shocked to see Misha!. He was sitting at the Sound of Metal table with the director and writers. I checked the cast and crew list on IMDb and his name only appears in the very long list of Thanks at the bottom of the page. He must be close friends with the director and/or writer.

ETA: Apparently, I'm far from being the only confused person! https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/supernatural-star-misha-collins-at-oscars-2021-confuses-twitter/

Yes, the director is a long time friend of Misha's. 

• Like 4

Full pic of the poster in the TV Guide Supernatural edition.

Weird that they made the wings white. Have they seen the show? LOL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Full pic of the poster in the TV Guide Supernatural edition.

Weird that they made the wings white. Have they seen the show? LOL.

The fact that his wings are even visible is weird, lol. 

But I'm loving the singular and indisputable central placement + size! 

• Like 10

It’s an all round weird poster. Fluffy white wings, beards, leather jackets...I don’t think the designer actually saw the show.

But I do like Jensen right out there in front.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It’s an all round weird poster. Fluffy white wings, beards, leather jackets...I don’t think the designer actually saw the show.

But I do like Jensen right out there in front.

Well, we DeanGirls know he was always the star of the show. Unfortunately, the writers in the later seasons never got the memo. 😒

• Like 6

On 5/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, FlickChick said:

Well, we DeanGirls know he was always the star of the show. Unfortunately, the writers in the later seasons never got the memo. 😒

Jensen is not the only star of the show and I’ve never read anything about him saying this.  This constant need to tear down Jared in order to build up Jensen is pretty gross.

54 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

Jensen is not the only star of the show and I’ve never read anything about him saying this.  This constant need to tear down Jared in order to build up Jensen is pretty gross.

This is not a zero sum game.  Fans preferring one character does not "tear down" the other--it's an opinion.   I personally enjoy seeing Dean front and center in the poster (especially since IMO his role in the show has been diminished over the last few years), but I'm not saying Sam shouldn't be there.  It has nothing to do with Jensen or Jared.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 4

I'm definitely not crazy about the wings.  First of all, Cas hasn't had wings that aren't tattered since Season 8 and secondly it seems like his wings are wrapped around half the characters protecting them.  And I don't like that Chuck is front and center while Bobby is relegated to the back.  He looks like an afterthought.  Other than that it's OK, but for some reason, it just looks weird.  And it's really hard to get front and center focus on 2 people in a collage like that, so I don't think it mattered which was which.  They're equally important and, yes, of course, we all have our favorites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

First of all, Cas hasn't had wings that aren't tattered since Season 8 and secondly it seems like his wings are wrapped around half the characters protecting them.

In that case, he's "protecting" Jack, Crowley and Lucifer! 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

In that case, he's "protecting" Jack, Crowley and Lucifer! 😁

I know.  Jack makes sense, somewhat.  Although he doesn't really need it.

Maybe he's trying to bring them "back into the fold." 😊

ETA:  As someone who's done graphic design in the past, I'm pretty sure there's no deep hidden significance to any of the choices.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, Katy M said:

I'm definitely not crazy about the wings.  First of all, Cas hasn't had wings that aren't tattered since Season 8 and secondly it seems like his wings are wrapped around half the characters protecting them.  And I don't like that Chuck is front and center while Bobby is relegated to the back.  He looks like an afterthought.  Other than that it's OK, but for some reason, it just looks weird.  And it's really hard to get front and center focus on 2 people in a collage like that, so I don't think it mattered which was which.  They're equally important and, yes, of course, we all have our favorites.

Well, in the over arching story of the series, Chuck/God was more important, as he wrote their stories.  It’s debatable that He was more important in their lives,  but a case could be made as, again, he wrote their stories.

I don’t mind Cas’s wings being white, because we only ever saw their shadow - not the actual wings.  And while I love Jensen w/a beard, Dean never really had one.  Sam did in S14, tho.

Edited by roamyn

Does anyone know what happened to Brilliant But Cancelled? For those that don’t know what I’m talking about it was a Television Without Pity archive and all of the old Supernatural recaps were there. The site has been down for over a month now and I was just wondering if anyone knows why.

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the Supernatual media items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.