Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pete Martell

Supernatural Media: I Observe, With My Eyes

On 1/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, AwesomO4000 said:

And Rowena.

I kinda also think Jodi, but I know miles vary there.

I fluctuate on Crowley. I like the combative relationship Sam and Crowley have... and back in the good years, Sam trying to kill Crowley all the time was never not amusing for me.

As for Destiel, I personally haven't really seen a logical place for Destiel in the show - at least not one that would head towards a healthy relationship. there really hasn't been a time on the show when it might have made sense that the two of them were on the same level... First Castiel was an angel, even when losing his powers... Season 6, Castiel was occupied. End of season 6, early season 7 would've been downright scary. End of season 7 might've worked if Dean hadn't been so driven and Castiel so ... not. And then when we finally get a more human Castiel, they are forced to be apart and soon after Dean gets the power up.

As you said though, it was pretty much too late after the mess that was season 8 anyway.

Taking to BvJ

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Castiels Cat said:

Dean and Cas had amazing chemistry. They tried to push Sam and Cas but it never worked imo.

Dean and Cas still have good chemistry, it's just not the same tension that was there in the early seasons. It's weird, because they literally live more like a couple now and are definitely the parental figures for Jack, but the sexual tension is gone. The attention that Cas gives Dean just isn't as special as it was when Cas was taking time away from his angel duties specifically for Dean.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harleycat said:

Dean and Cas still have good chemistry, it's just not the same tension that was there in the early seasons. It's weird, because they literally live more like a couple now and are definitely the parental figures for Jack, but the sexual tension is gone. The attention that Cas gives Dean just isn't as special as it was when Cas was taking time away from his angel duties specifically for Dean.

Taking to BvJ

I'm not sure what season these BTS photo shoots are from but the thread goes on for awhile...Jensen and the salt!

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Like 3

Don’t laugh at me, but I am excited for Walker and already asking myself several questions, such as, will the new partner be a feisty, sassy friend or just a potential love interest (yes please to the former, please no to the latter), will the show mix drama, sadness and humour the way vintage Supernatural did, and what age/gender kids will they give him?  Also, a big old make it happen to Jensen directing.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Also, a big old make it happen to Jensen directing.

I hope Jensen is gonna be busy with a project of his own in front of the camera, not behind it on some show I will never watch. 

In general, those two would do well to do separate projects for at least 2 to 3 years. It`s gonna be hard enough to divorce them from characters they played for 15 years.

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I hope Jensen is gonna be busy with a project of his own in front of the camera, not behind it on some show I will never watch. 

In general, those two would do well to do separate projects for at least 2 to 3 years. It`s gonna be hard enough to divorce them from characters they played for 15 years.

Exactly. They're really not married, despite what the tinhatters want to believe. It's time for them to go their separate ways - it's better for their careers.

And I fully expected the CW to insist on removing JP's, hopefully past-tense now, sexual-assaulting manager in order for the series to go forward, especially seeing as this is a network that markets to young females.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, Icarus said:

http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2019/09/next-supernaturals-jared-padalecki-to-star-in-produce-walker-texas-ranger-reboot.html?fbclid=IwAR0N68WxbfMwkPwHs6urJTwVwcqKBJNfqVgKx5dIo_PFt6H84Gge84SzqBU

According to this filming is starting on Walker in Austin in April, not sure how that effects Jared's other commitments but it must mean he misses some stuff.

They should be finished filming SPN by then, no?

I had heard April 2nd. They will be finished and then he goes straight to filming the pilot episode. Then upfronts. Going to be a busy time for him. 

• Useful 2

33 minutes ago, Frost said:

People Mag article about The Bloody Benders

I never knew the Bender story had a basis in history!  They weren't in Minnesota though, they lived in Kansas!

The first two seasons really plumbed American 'legends'. Thanks for the link.  SO. GROSS.  

Edited by SueB
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I ♥ succinctness.

I would send the same message to the other 'head writer'.

• Laugh 6

Walker has a thread in 'Pilot & In Development Shows' forum. Y'all can post news there too.

• Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

7 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

I think Chuck Norris sung the original theme.

I must have blocked that out. I was never a fan of the show.

Theme songs were a thing of the 80s and 90s anyway. Most shows don't even have real opening credits/an intro these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Theme songs were a thing of the 80s and 90s anyway. Most shows don't even have real opening credits/an intro these days.

Had to make extra time for the commercials.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

Had to make extra time for the commercials.

Ha, I remember the old Highlander credits. They were like 4 minutes long. And they were awesome. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I’m kinda glad theme songs have pretty much died out, but sad at the same time that there’s no real memorable theme music any more either - think Hill Street Blues, the A Team, and all those classics from the 80s and 90s.  The only distinctive one that springs to mind these days is NCIS’s intro.

2 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Yeah, I’m kinda glad theme songs have pretty much died out, but sad at the same time that there’s no real memorable theme music any more either - think Hill Street Blues, the A Team, and all those classics from the 80s and 90s.  The only distinctive one that springs to mind these days is NCIS’s intro.

And NCIS has been on the air since 2003, so they just squeezed in under the wire in getting a theme song.  And thus their spin-offs.   And, maybe their being a spin-off from Jag, which also was older and had an opening was enough to tip the scales into giving NCIS one in the dying days. Who knows?  

I'm kind of torn. I mean, sometimes for no reason at all the theme song from Cheers will run through my head and it's kind of comforting.  On the other hand, it's nice to not to have to wait through a song before I can start watching a show.

Maybe they could do songs and have them start 4 or 5 episodes a year.  Compromise!

• Like 1

Game of Thrones had a pretty memorable opening. But maybe cable and streaming shows can still be the exception. I miss theme music and intros.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Game of Thrones had a pretty memorable opening. But maybe cable and streaming shows can still be the exception. I miss theme music and intros.

I have some cds “Teevee Tunes presents tv theme songs.” There’s one for every decade starting with the 50s through the early 2000’s. It’s all the original Tv theme songs. It’s hard to believe how long some of them are. Some are very good and catchy and fun to sing along with. I listen to them sometime in my car, and for some reason my husband hates it. Lol. 

AimingforYoko created a topic in Pilot & In Development Shows

January 14

Walker, Texas Ranger

CW orders the Jared Padalecki reboot to series. The biggest question going in: Is Padalecki going to sing the theme song?

4 replies

If that's the biggest question, I KNOW I won't be watching it.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

22 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this. No one remembers that Jack killed their Mom? We're just glossing over that completely? I mean those are real feelings to explore.

https://www.statesman.com/ZZ/entertainment/20200207/supernatural-stars-jared-padalecki-and-misha-collins-break-down-jacks-return

Now it's all about not lurving Jackie-poo enough. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this. No one remembers that Jack killed their Mom? We're just glossing over that completely? I mean those are real feelings to explore.

https://www.statesman.com/ZZ/entertainment/20200207/supernatural-stars-jared-padalecki-and-misha-collins-break-down-jacks-return

It's ridiculous. I mean, even if it was accidental (which it wasn't), it's not something you just forget after a few weeks/months. I suppose it's just more of Dabb projecting - hoping that people will just forget he killed the show.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Now it's all about not lurving Jackie-poo enough. 

Of course it is. 🤮

• Like 2

I would think the first two questions are: 1) does Jack have his soul or a mechanism that guides him and 2) what was Chuck's role in Jack killing Mary?

The second question ties in with the entire season - Chuck controlling their lives.  And even at the time of Mary's death, Jack hears this loud buzzing noise before he tells her to shut up.  They may not even talk about this, which would be disappointing, but if Chuck somehow had a influence there, I think that would be a mitigator for their feelings on Jack's culpability.

And then the soul question.  Is that why he's eating Grigori hearts?  Sam's not just bummed because Jack didn't come back (it would seem), he's also slightly suspicious that there's more to the story than what Jack says. If they can't fully trust Jack, that's really a bad thing.

So... I hope they hash it out some.  Jack's loyalty HAS to be to TFW.  If he's being manipulated by Death or has his own agenda, then with his power-level, he could be more harm than good.  Of course there's the whole "surrogate son" complicating factor as well.

So... I can see Cas being totally Team Jack with Sam and Dean assaulted by a complexity of emotions and questions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

They wanted the drama of Jack killing Mary but since then just act like it never happened. 

I don`t want to be a hypocrite because one of my shows had its villain who was a former friend of the hero kill the hero`s mother right in front of him, with some mind-altering substance involved and I was mostly sad that their bromance was broken - and later really happy that they repaired it. But even then, they at least addressed the murder.

You would think Jack is the most innocent of victims and everyone else will just feel guilty towards him whereas Jack feels bubkis of guilt. There is being mollycoddled and then there is this.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t want to be a hypocrite because one of my shows had its villain who was a former friend of the hero kill the hero`s mother right in front of him, with some mind-altering substance involved and I was mostly sad that their bromance was broken - and later really happy that they repaired it. But even then, they at least addressed the murder.

You would think Jack is the most innocent of victims and everyone else will just feel guilty towards him whereas Jack feels bubkis of guilt. There is being mollycoddled and then there is this.  

This is what I mean. Even if it's forgivable, you don't just immediately forget it ever happened. And you are not required to be the one asking the goddamn forgiveness for being hurt, angry or sad. Even if that hurt, anger or sadness manifests in angry words or actions, you are at least as deserving of understanding and compassion. Not in Dabbernatural though.

• Like 9

I think Dean won‘t forgive soon. If it pisses off Cas - well, that’s Cas’ problem, not Dean’s. But Dean is professional enough to know that they all have the same enemy (Chuck), so they‘ll better work together to defeat him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NougatJack said:

I think Dean won‘t forgive soon. If it pisses off Cas - well, that’s Cas’ problem, not Dean’s. But Dean is professional enough to know that they all have the same enemy (Chuck), so they‘ll better work together to defeat him.

Dean already forgave and admitted he was wrong, and couldn't figure out why he was angry in the first place.  The show handled the whole thing so badly.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean already forgave and admitted he was wrong, and couldn't figure out why he was angry in the first place.  The show handled the whole thing so badly.

When did he say he forgave? I think I missed it somehow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NougatJack said:

Wasn't that when he didn't kill Jack? He had every opportunity to get his revenge and stop Jack from hurting anyone else but he didn't go through with it. I'd say he forgave Jack in that moment.

• Useful 2

2 hours ago, NougatJack said:

He forgave Cas when he prayed to Cas in  Purgatory and Cas heard it. I don't think he has forgiven Jack though . Nor does he have to in order to work with him.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm okay if he does or he doesn't forgive him. What I am not okay with it leaving it out there hanging and not even considering the impact on both Winchesters. Which is exactly what I think is going to happen. Just sweep it under the rug. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm okay if he does or he doesn't forgive him. What I am not okay with it leaving it out there hanging and not even considering the impact on both Winchesters. Which is exactly what I think is going to happen. Just sweep it under the rug. 

It's more than that even. At least Sam appears to feel like the guilty party in regards to Jack. That is one article where I was glad for their usual not-mentioning-Dean approach. Keep him far away from that clown's car of a "story".

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I legit cannot even believe that wasn’t mentioned...especially by Sam/Jared. 

bizarro-world indeed. 

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's more than that even. At least Sam appears to feel like the guilty party in regards to Jack. That is one article where I was glad for their usual not-mentioning-Dean approach. Keep him far away from that clown's car of a "story".

I wonder what Jensen really thinks of this sl. 🧐😖😣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Geez they make Sam insufferable every chance they get. Sam barely seemed to tolerate Jack and Jack associated Sam with the trauma of losing his mother at birth but now Sam was grieving for his lost "son". Give me a break.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the Supernatual media items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.