Type keyword(s) to search

Chopped Impossible

Bella
  • Start Topic

I'm not a Guy fan either, but I'm up for him being a "Chopped" judge.

I still want the judging panel for Robert Irvine to be: Geoffrey, Scott and Mark (when his resting bitch face is on 12!) Please! Please! Please!  I guess if they HAVE to have a woman, see if they can bring Donatella in. Amanda and Maneet are too nice and I guess we've determined that Alex has been sucking-up to him on social media. (Shoot!) We need a strong female who will not tolerate Robert's not-so-covert disdain/disrespect for women.

So how does this work? Is it the three finalists against Robert? The way he talks about it, I had the impression that there is one more elimination then a one-on-one with Robert. In any case, I can't wait. I want for the other military guy (most likely choice) to take him DOWN! DOWN! DOWN!

• Love 3

I'm glad that's over.  I don't have high blood pressure but every time Robert Irvine opens his mouth, I can feel mine going up.  He's been a phony for so long that he now actually believes all his own crap.

I wanted either of the guys to win and trounce him legitimately but I figured the producers wouldn't be able to resist having the cute little female beat him - even if they had to manipulate the judging to get that done.  Bah.

• Love 2

I'm glad that's over.  I don't have high blood pressure but every time Robert Irvine opens his mouth, I can feel mine going up.  He's been a phony for so long that he now actually believes all his own crap.

I had the same reaction throughout, and ended up skipping sections. When he said the student beat the teacher, my exact thought was, "He's started to believe his fake resume." He's just obnoxious. 

• Love 7

I also caught Robert's boasting when he said, "I've cooked for presidents." Whoops!

I felt played during tonight's episode. Did the judges (and Robert) actually throw the whole competition just so Emily could win? I hate to say this, but I thought Robert's plate looked more appealing than Emily's. Anyway, I started feeling cheated when Robert and Emily were waiting for the final results and Robert gave her that pep talk (which sort of sounded like a concession speech.) Then, he made it sound like he'd done this phenomenal job of mentoring her. Huh?

What was really telling was when Robert was talking about how his mission in life is to make "champions" or whatever nonsense he was spouting and when he was listing his attributes, cooking wasn't at the top of the list, but "helping people." I seriously think he missed his calling and should have gone to school to become a (licensed) therapist. I could totally see him as an on-site counselor in an association for troubled kids/teenagers. Just get out of the kitchen.

Did the judges (and Robert) actually throw the whole competition just so Emily could win?

Irvine pretty much had to lose, otherwise there would be some serious questions/accusations about the whole thing being fixed. You can't have someone compete against someone that they judged in an earlier round. That's a huge conflict of interest.

• Love 1

This whole thing was a farce. Did anyone seriously think the outcome would be anything other than what it was?

I don't get the philosophy that says you have to break someone down to build them up. Brought to you by bullies everywhere since...forever. But I hope Emily feels like she legitimately won and has gained a lot of confidence from this experience. And Robert can now go back to the rock he crawled out from under and stay off the shows I watch!

• Love 4

I'm only part way through the episode and just spoiled the ending for myself by reading here, but did I just hear Scott ask for raw red onions??  He confuses the heck out of me on that point. I just got to the part where Emily called Robert out on making her comment sound snarky when it wasn't - go Emily! She stood really firm against a guy I imagine is fairly intimidating in person even if you think he's ridiculous on TV.

• Love 1

I believe there was a commercial asking for people to apply to be on this version of the show.... so, hate to break it to ya, Irvine's not going anywhere. But they do need to change it to where he's not judging. I'd prefer they keep him off the screen totally, but I know that's not going to happen.

I won't watch this series again, though it was nice to see Robert lose. I wasn't sure it was a forgone conclusion, because as I saw more and more evidence that his ego is even more ginormous than I'd thought, I feared he might have set winning as a contract demand. But it seems just treating him like the bestest chef and mentor ever (yowee, if he's trying to come off as a mentor he is terrible at it) was enough to get him to appear. I'm out. 

• Love 1

Robert Irvine comes across as a total phony to me. He was smart enough to realize that there is a large segment of Americans who like big muscles, British accents and tough love life coaches. He managed to parlay those aspects into a substantial career. The culinary part is secondary to all of that. I'm glad he lost. 

Is Scott's pompadour getting even higher? He's close to Elvis territory.

For some reason, I found the beef jerky soda to be the least appetizing ingredient of the night, even with all of the offal.

The most shocking moment of the night? That the editors left in the chef's confession that he loved "Filet 'O Fish"

And no Robert, the student did not beat the teacher. Emily is an accomplished professional in her own right.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 5

I had the same reaction throughout, and ended up skipping sections. When he said the student beat the teacher, my exact thought was, "He's started to believe his fake resume." He's just obnoxious.

No shit. He was not a teacher to anyone. I hate him anyway, but now he's shitting all over this show.
  • Love 5

Yeah this was the lamest thing Chopped has tried to get me to buy into, and one of the lamest things I've ever tried to watch.

You must have forgotten the last grilling tournament.

I was really surprised Em wasn't cut because I thought they had it all set up for the Army vs Navy game, but was glad she won.

Anyone know why the Chopped Impossible eps aren't showing up on the FN app? Also, can someone point me to the scoop of RI lying about his credentials. Can't belief I missed that.

Here's a link to Robert Irvine's page on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Irvine

If you wanna know the scoop on the whole "lying about his credentials" thing, read the section towards the bottom half of the page, titled Controversy (which also talks about 1 or more restaurants he was trying to open at the same time in South Florida which never opened after all, though I think he had a building & other things for it/them; he finally ended up opening a restaurant in South Carolina, near either Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head Island... I think).

Then read the section after that, titled Return to Food Network. That talks about the network bringing him back into the fold, as it were.

Edited by BW Manilowe

They just aired the Chopped Impossible episodes on FN. Robert is such an egotistical ass. I was glad Emily won but the way he targeted her skeeved me out as did him standing in between the ovens when the chefs were cooking.

I just watched too.  Did my ears deceive me or did the final male candidate call Irvine out as a bully?  And Emily agreed with him.  Good for them for standing up to that prick and to FN for airing it.  Or was it all wishful thinking?