Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: The Runway's In 3D!

• Start Topic

My favorite part of this episode was Edmond making breakfast for the ladies. He was so cute about it.

Kelly's dress was really cool & she deserved to win; however, as there were really no other avant-garde looks, she won by default.

Edmond's dress was hot. I thought the back was stunning. I was surprised Mel B didn't ask to wear his design.

Ashley deserves to be dragged into the street & flogged for doing that to my beautiful Aube. I'm not rooting for any particular designer to win, but dammit if Aube doesn't get top model this season.....!

• Love 3

Edmond's dress was hot. I thought the back was stunning. I was surprised Mel B didn't ask to wear his design.

Didn't Heidi call dibs on Edmond's beautiful design? Maybe not for a specific event like Mel, but I seem to recall her saying she wanted to wear it. Plus judging by what I've seen of her on America's Got Talent, the whole "too tight to walk in" aspect of Candace's gown is right in Mel's wheelhouse.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 2

I loved Edmond's the most. It might not be avant garde-y enough - but that's probably why I like it so much.  It looked beautiful, and sculptural, and I loved the back. However, Kelly's was the most avant garde (I guess? I really don't get the real definition of that). I hated that color and didn't love the box-y shape, but I did really like the cables on the front and sides. Very cool. 

Everyone else was kind of meh. Candace's was very pretty, but kind of boring. Same for Merline's.  And Ashley: I actually kind of liked that cape. It looked cool as it moved down the runway. But I really hated the under-outfit, esp the visible nipple action. Just not cute, and the pieces did NOT go together. Regardless, I am ok with Merline going home. Her outfit was boring AND apparently she continues to have construction issues. Those in the final five should not have that problem, right?

• Love 4

I wondered if anyone else caught that Merline sees in 3D. lmao

Merline is just full of verbal diarrhea. She's one of those people that blurt things out without thinking first and everyone else is going "huh?" Very little of what she says makes sense.

• Love 2

Merline is just full of verbal diarrhea. She's one of those people that blurt things out without thinking first and everyone else is going "huh?" Very little of what she says makes sense.

FWIW, I took that as Merline saying that the world appeared to her in the hyper-realistic way that it does in 3D movies, where things just thrust themselves at you. But I could be completely wrong.

• Love 3

I really thought we might be rid of Ashley....didn't she mess up another challenge by not following the "challenge" premise? I thought her tacked on 3 d wedges looked like Styrofoam

I decided another reason I can not stand her - she seldom ? says anything nice to or about the others. If another designer is having a problem, she ignores and continues her whine. In early eps she was doing good and yet still cried in front of the (now eliminated) designers who had one nothing

I dislike the judges favoritism to her

Kelly or Edmond for the win!

Edited by still hoping
  • Love 1

I decided another reason I can not stand her - she seldom ? says anything nice to or about the others.

That's another thing I love about Kelly, that you just reminded me of. It was really stood out this ep. While everyone was, not necessarily bad mouthing her but questioning her taste level and what she was making, her Talking Heads were mostly about how great everyone was and how good their designs were. She's just such a positive person. Even the way she takes on the challenges is mostly with this positive, happy to be having this experiences mentality. Like she's actually grateful for this opportunity. It's refreshing.

I get a bit of that vibe from Merlene too which is why I would have preferred to keep her over Weepy Ashley. I think Edmund has a great attitude too and though his, and Kelly's aesthetic is not necessarily my thing, I really want them both to be very, very successful in their lives.

• Love 2

Really -- how does a peek-a-boo Betty Draper pant and top + cape with tribal teeth = avant garde? In the insanity of the combination, perhaps?

This used to be one of my  favorite challenges --  when this (link below) is avant garde in the world, polka dot cig pants and flamenco dresses seem like pretty thin broth.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gareth+Pugh&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIpM60hM3GyAIViRo-Ch15GAEk&biw=1600&bih=754#tbm=isch&q=gareth+pugh+2015

I think I saw a Dalek inspired outfit in there. Avant garde on another level - retro-avant-garde.

• Love 2

So much for Ashley's avant-garde outfit.  Yesterday, while visiting my daughter, someone dropped off items for the school's gently used sale.  One of the items was a Barbie-sized doll dressed in Ashley's outfit.  It did not have sheer panels up the side of the pants, and beside white sculptures (which in this case were birds) on the cape, there was also one right in the middle of the breast area on the top.  Otherwise, it was Ashley's outfit to a tee.  My daughter thought it was a super hero doll, but the woman who was donating it said it was a cheerleader.  She bought it for her daughter when she was about 5, and she is now 16, so the outfit was avant-garde in 1998.