Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: The Runway's In 3D!

• Start Topic

I have to wonder if Tim's proclamation at the walkaround "This is the best work I've seen all season" was a jab at Swapnil.  Didn't Tim last week seem to hold him responsible for any & all poor work habits?

Ashley dear, when your immediate response to Tim's criticism is to make a poncho, you are an idiot. And there was nothing Avant Garde about her ridiculous, sleazy look.  It was a top and Capri's with a cape!  And it appeared very poorly made.  The judges seemed to love it though.  Crack-smoking Idiots. 

Edmond's meshy fabric was lovely and the dress had some unique detailing.  I'm a fan of his look, but agree that he didn't push it far enough. It was just a dress.

Candice's dress was striking, and it was nice to see red.  She has a very sophisticated eye, and was thinking about so many different aspects of her design, well in advance.  

Merline's dress fabric was gorgeous, though I agree the design it was a bit dull.  Poor Merline, but it was her time.  

Kelly's was definitely the most Avant Garde, and even though she's my favorite person, I would have still thought she had the best look.  I'm glad the judges liked it and rewarded her for it.  Yay Kelly!

And how the hell can Heidi say they pushed themselves when ALL the judges said that Merline, Candice and Edmund DIDN'T push themselves?  Coke-snorting idiots. 

• Love 20

For an avant garde challenge I guess everyone did OK. I loved Edmonds dress but I'm partial to black dresses. I didn't understand the love the judges gave to Ashley's dress. To me her model looked like a super hero with big teeth on her cape. I think she should have been auf'ed tonight.

I'm thinking F3 will be Edmond, Candice and Kelly.

• Love 15

I'm surprised the TG save didn't get used today.  I was disappointed in the looks from an avant garde POV.  They did look good otherwise, except for Ashley's that I thought looked cheap and Merline's that didn't look original.

• Love 5

My stupid DVR cut off while Merline was saying her goodbyes. Happy to see the TGS wasn't used.

Congrats to Kelly! That was by far the most avant garde look on the runway. Loved Edmond's and Candace's was well made, but not at all pushing the envelope.

Kelly FTW!

• Love 2

The first thing I thought when I saw Ashley's 3D motifs was that they looked like bones so when she said that herself, I laughed. While I agree Kelly's look was the most Avant Garde it did the least with the 3D. So hard to tell which part of the challenge the judges will give more weight. And does every challenge come with a dossier? Now I am curious about the parameters of each challenge.

• Love 2

Ashley's look reminded me of something James Brown would've worn in the 80's (the "Livin In America" years...very Rocky IV ). I thought the pants were very well done, but that's really the only thing I liked. I've finally hit my wall with her need to be coddled all the time.

Go, Kelly! I can only imagine what some of the other designers were thinking during her critique.

• Love 15

I have to wonder if Tim's proclamation at the walkaround "This is the best work I've seen all season" was a jab at Swapnil.  Didn't Tim last week seem to hold him responsible for any & all poor work habits?

Ashley dear, when your immediate response to Tim's criticism is to make a poncho, you are an idiot. And there was nothing Avant Garde about her ridiculous, sleazy look.  It was a top and Capri's with a cape!  And it appeared very poorly made.  The judges seemed to love it though.  Crack-smoking Idiots. 

Edmond's meshy fabric was lovely and the dress had some unique detailing.  I'm a fan of his look, but agree that he didn't push it far enough. It was just a dress.

Candice's dress was striking, and it was nice to see red.  She has a very sophisticated eye, and was thinking about so many different aspects of her design, well in advance.  

Merline's dress fabric was gorgeous, though I agree the design it was a bit dull.  Poor Merline, but it was her time.  

Kelly's was definitely the most Avant Garde, and even though she's my favorite person, I would have still thought she had the best look.  I'm glad the judges liked it and rewarded her for it.  Yay Kelly!

And how the hell can Heidi say they pushed themselves when ALL the judges said that Merline, Candice and Edmund DIDN'T push themselves?  Coke-snorting idiots. 

I strongly felt that the whole theme of the episode was trying to be, LOOK how much better everybody did without lazy slacker Swapnil around!  See, Tim was right!  Swapnil deserved the public tonguelashing, and it made everybody else sharpen up, too!!  Gahhh. As you say, what the judges actually said didn't fit so well, and I thought a couple of the garments were pretty bad (Ashley's and  Merline's).  I'm having to give up my last shreds of TG love.  sad.

• Love 17

My prediction for next week: Ashley will get the auf and Tim will use his save. IF he can still use it at that point, but as it's the "last challenge before the finale" I don't know why he wouldn't be able to do so. I predicted last week that Tim would only NOT use his save if Merline got the oust, so as I was correct, I'm feeling pretty Candice-y right now.

Wow, MelB was totally NOT drinking the Ashley kool-aid. Having said that, I don't really consider Mel very fashionable even though I like her. And I'm glad for Candice that she's so excited that Mel wants to wear her dress, but I don't know how she'll adapt it for those giant "boobies" (TM Heidi) of hers.

Edmond's was my favourite, but I liked Kelly's too and Kelly's most closely met the avant garde part of the challenge. I'm actually kind of surprised the judges liked it at all, especially Nina. I'm pretty sure Kelly's going the final along with Edmond and I really think all four will probably be in the finale unless, of course, Tim doesn't use his save on someone.

And I just have to ask this and risk the wrath of everyone here, but here I go since I don't usually exercise caution very well: Is Kelly really only 31? I mean, i LOVE her personality and have liked her quirkiness from day one, even though I didn't always like her designs, especially at first, BUT I was looking at her skin and her hair is obviously dyed, not that Candice's ISN'T dyed or anything.... Anyway, Kelly's hair has that look of possibly being dyed due to grays and her little lines and skin texture read much older than 31 to me. I guess it could be because her life hasn't been a bowl of cherries. I'm not really judging her, because I really do like her and I said a few weeks ago I wanted her in the finale. But she just looks much older than 31 to me.

I'll have more to comment upon later, after a rewatch. I missed a good chunk of the first showing so I'm waiting out the vapid Rachel Zoe and her husband, her life, her whatever, Rodger, to catch the second showing.

• Love 6

I really hated Kelly's look, the plastic looking material, the 3-D bricks, the shape. Avant garde can still be beautiful. I loved Edmond's dress and also liked Candice's red dress. Merline's dress wasn't anything special and Ashley had horrible teeth and a horrible cape.

• Love 11

Designers on this show haven't understood the Avante Garde challenge after Chris March's season. I remember his stuff and the other designers (can't remember specifically now) truly having out there looks. But I really didn't hate any of these looks, so I agreed it was a good runway despite the inconsistent match to the challenge.

• Love 14

I thought Kelly's dress was way too literal.  I mean it actually looked like a bridge...or a couch.  I always thought you weren't supposed to be so literal when they ask for inspiration.

I've seen Merlene's look every season.  Ashley had no idea what to do with the 3-d stuff so they reminded me of hair barrettes.  I love Edmond's but it too wasn't avant garde.  Neither was Candace's.

I guess by default Kelly wins it.  But damn it looked like a couch

• Love 16

I agree with many of you. Ashley's outfit looked like a superhero's costume. Those white "teeth" could be pulled off and thrown like darts! ;-) Kelly's was the most avant garde, although nothing anyone would want to wear in normal life, which is the signature of an avant garde look ... I guess.

I liked Edmond's okay, but it didn't have enough to make it avant garde. The veil just wasn't enough. Candice's looked very much like a costume you would wear while dancing the pasa doble. Merline's dress was the most wearable which made it attractive to me, but not cutting edge in the least. 

• Love 5

And another thing...what do the designers have against boobs this season.  Almost every week I've seen boobs that look a little saggy or pushed in and not looking sexy at all.

Candace's and Edmonds to be specific this week.

Whatever happened to a sexier looking cleavage?

• Love 4

One of the most boring Avant Garde challenges ever. All the looks were fine from the waist up, but the bottoms were just awful. Edmond's dress was so beautiful on top, but I hated the skirt with bunched up fabric at the side. That is a Project Runway standard though: when in doubt just gather some fabric and tack it on. Voila, pseudo avant garde. 

Note to future contestants: bone up on your fashion history before coming on the show. After 14 seasons you can guess what's coming, be prepared!

• Love 4

Anyone who thinks her design needs an additional something to punch it up and "immediately thinks of a poncho" should have been auf'd for that reason alone. And I agreed with Mel B that Ashley's cape didn't go with the rest of the outfit at all. Or maybe, since she clearly didn't design those pants and that top for "her plus size girl," maybe the cape was added to maintain her claim that that was who she designs for.

• Love 11

I thought this was a tough challenge...I love the idea of 3-D printing, but I was also baffled by it...thank you video team for close-ups on the machine. Loved the Kelly win...Candace was so sure that Kelly was headed for disaster, and yet Kelly pulled it off. Truly, you could see the bridge in her design, and the criss-crossing made sense in this context. Even that awful fabric, as Kelly herself noted, was perfect for the challenge. You go girlfriend. 

Edmond's look was very cool...that veil detail was killer. I think easily he could have won, and though Candace is no favorite of mine, that dress was beautifully filled and sewn, and the bodice was wonderfully done.

Congrats to Merline, for chosing a beautiful fabric and sending a well-made dress down the runway..she went home, and she was a champ in her reaction to being afed, but I think it was unfair. No way did that costume of Ashely's beat Merline's effort. The pants were screaming Vegas, baby, and the cape was straight out of Marvel comics.

Even the glorious Aube could not sell that mess. Straight up, the judges have decided to save Ashely, though how she could produce anything  as part of the final 3 

is beyond me. She should have been gone for that disaster last week. 

Swapnil would have been in his element with this challenge...he is missed.

• Love 16

Kelly's look (What was it exactly? Perhaps those were...overalls?????) may have been avant garde, but it was still ugly as shit.

Candice said she looked up to Mel B. all her life? (Or maybe she's always been inspired by her? Something like that). I only know her as a Spice Girl. Can you really look up to a Spice Girl? Or am I just 100% unfamiliar with anything she's done past 1997?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5

And another thing...what do the designers have against boobs this season.  Almost every week I've seen boobs that look a little saggy or pushed in and not looking sexy at all.

Candace's and Edmonds to be specific this week.

Whatever happened to a sexier looking cleavage?

But Edmond's dress created that wonderful cleavage. Heidi said so.

I thought the skirt in Edmond's dress went to the sheer stuff just a little bit high. I found myself looking a little too closely at it to see exactly how high it was.

I know Candice mostly does black, but I just don't think that bright red is way out of the comfort zone of someone who designs the clothes she has designed this season. Bright red goes perfectly with her dance hall goth stuff. Also, she's been wanting to use red, but just hasn't had the chance? I know the fabric was essentially handed to her in some challenges, but not in all of them. She's had a chance to buy fabric. She picked black. And was the avant garde part of the dress supposed to be the part where the model could barely walk? Because that's been done -- on this season even.

I hated the fabric Kelly used, and the panniers are obviously runway, but I really liked the lacing detail on the bodice. It looked shimmery. I did wonder when Tim was talking about panniers and the 18th century if she had any idea what he was saying. (Is that how you pronounce panniers? I've never pronounced it that way, but I've never heard anybody say the word before either. I've only read it in books so I have no idea how to say it.)

• Love 9

I knew Kelly was going to win!

I was surprised and disappointed that the 3D shapes were so small. Instead of being more integrated into the design, they were more like little ornaments. That didn't seem to useful to me ultimately, although it was fun to see the technology.

I knew as soon as I saw merliene"s dress that we had seen it before. I'm so glad they showed kini"s umbrella dress or I would have had to spend ages googling.

No one understood AG and it doesn't seem like they tried. Basically, make a pretty/dramatic dress and hope you're safe. No real risk taking, except Candice"s wild n crazy RED!

• Love 5

I was surprised and disappointed that the 3D shapes were so small. Instead of being more integrated into the design, they were more like little ornaments. That didn't seem to useful to me ultimately, although it was fun to see the technology.

I know! When I heard that 3-D printing was going to be involved this week, I was really hoping it was going to be part of an accessory challenge. Why not require the designers to make a necklace, bracelet or earrings or a hair ornament or belt buckle?That would make so much more sense to me than those random plastic doo-hickeys they each came up with and then didn't know what to do with. Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11

Candice and Ashley had on too much make-up at the runway. And I hate Merlene's hats.

Ashley's outfit was hideous. Completely tasteless. Even the color was tacky. Once again the judges fall over themselves complimenting her. I really hated this. What do I know.

Loved Edmond's and I liked Kelly's for what it was.

Candice's was a bore. Too flameco for me. But again I am wrong. And Heidi, bless her heart, says the lingerie look "elevates" it. Lol.

I guess I am hopeless with fashion.

At least the guest had some sense about Ashley. But not enough to get rid of her. Ugh

• Love 6

Ashley dear, when your immediate response to Tim's criticism is to make a poncho, you are an idiot. And there was nothing Avant Garde about her ridiculous, sleazy look. The judges seemed to love it though.  Crack-smoking Idiots. 

I'm still trying to figure out who Tim thought was being lazy (other than Swapnil) We've seen people floundering, but have we seen anyone else just goofing off?

I thought sure Ashley would get auf'ed for that god-awful outfit, so that Tim could save her. It seems like we have an extra episode and they need another contestant. I thought I heard them say in the promos during the 8:00 show: "Only 3 episodes left before the finale". That would mean 2 episodes after tonight, plus the finale.. how are they going to stretch it out for 2 more episodes before the finale episode if they are already down to 4? Someone has to get saved. Or I guess they could waste an episode on home visits. Maybe at the beginning of the next episode, Tim will reveal a change of heart and bring somebody back? Anybody know the tv schedule and how many shows are left?

Something I noticed-During the runway show, when Heidi was describing the challenge, she said "with the optional 3D". The 3D was 'optional'? I thought that that was the point of the avant garde challenge.

Maybe she said "With the new option of 3D". That still sounds like it's optional, but I would take it as just a roundabout way of saying "You'll have 3D to work with (and you should take advantage of that!)"

As for Candice... *sigh*  it was a basic mermaid style dress with some stuff glued to it. Yes, the glued stuff was planned out well, but I thought there was nothing exciting or avant garde about it, and as a dress it seemed boring to me. ... her model look like her breasts were shrinking. I think Candice did that with one or two of her other outfits as well, where the bust just didn't seem to be designed right for the size of the model wearing the outfit.

And to think Nina was "so sick of it" and "so ready" to send (Kelly) home a couple weeks ago. I'm glad she's changing her tune. Kelly's work may not be my style, but I think she's demonstrating the most personality out of everyone in this season.

I also like Edmond. With the veil added at the end, I think he's showing once again that he's learned a lot of watching the show all these years. He's coming at each challenge -- as Tim would say about the accessories wall -- "very thoughtfully." I like him a lot. (And he was really sweet to make all the women breakfast.  *GRIN*)

The veil worked also because it had that X motif... it wasn't just a gimmick he threw on at the last minute. He was smart and whether or not he wins, he has shown well and probably will get some good attention and publicity from all this. I loved him bring breakfast the the girls! I hope nothing but good things for him in his career. I think professionals watching this show (assuming any do) will be impressed by his work ethic, attitude, and RTW skills.

I have to give Nina credit for changing her tune about Kelly rather than sticking to it out of some misplaced pride or snobbery. And I really hate to give Nina credit... ;)

Candice's look screamed Flamenco to me. It was extremely well done except for the low smushed breasts (again.. why does she do that?) so I get the love, but it wasn't avant garde. It bordered on costume, but not in a ground breaking way. Using 3D printing as accents as well as color blocking was somewhat fashion forward, but it's not like she thought of using 3D herself... it was part of the challenge. She did use it well though.

AG doesn't have to mean outrageously "out there".. it just means ahead of the pack... ie: new and fashion forward. I've never quite understood it myself as a descriptor.. aren't they always looking for fashion forward and something new and ahead of the pack and its time?

Well, at least that was the rationale they've given in the past for who they sometimes award the win to in an AG challenge (cough, Anthony Ryan, cough)... Can be totally wearable; doesn't have to be outlandish; just has to be ahead of the "guard"... trendsetting.

(Candice) she's been wanting to use red, but just hasn't had the chance? I know the fabric was essentially handed to her in some challenges, but not in all of them. She's had a chance to buy fabric. She picked black.

I guffawed out loud at that! Hasn't had the chance.. whatever. eyeroll. Maybe she hasn't had the chance to design a top with the breast in the right place looking nice either.

• Love 13

The thought a fruit filled headdress would have gone with Candace's dress perfectly.  It reminded me of Carmen Miranda.  Why do a lot of her tops look like they're dragging her model's breasts down.  I want to physically grab the tops, and pull them up.

There was a very visible nipple showing on Ashley's top, but those pants were fitted beautifully.  It still didn't stop me from hating them.

Glad Kelly won.

Nina has perfected the resting bitch face.

I wish Zac would stop being so handsy with the models.

• Love 5

I really like Kelly but I hated her dress! Maybe it's because I hate the color brown but I thought her outfit was butt ugly and I hated that it was so literal. I don't really understand the point of using the bridges as inspiration anyway. Isn't avant-garde and 3-D printing enough of a challenge, why did they need to include the bridge element?

Anyway, Kelly cracked me up eating the butter and pretzels. I am glad that she won the printer. I'm sure she'll have a blast creating crazy outfits with it.

Candice really is a one way monkey. We've seen her do a corset and the boob design already. I thought the back of the dress was hideous and the model could barely walk in it. I also thought it sat way to low on the model's chest and really flattened her out.

I also hated the cape on Ashley's outfit and I'm surprised that she didn't get called out for showing the model's underwear.

Merline's was boring and I saw Kinni's outfit before the judge's mentioned it. It's weird that she did one of her most normal outfits on the avant-garde challenge.

I really liked Edmond 's dress even though it wasn't the most avant-garde. I thought the top of it was lovely and I could definitely see Heidi wearing it to some red carpet event.

Lastly, I'm not easily offended but I cringed a little when Merline compared her critique with Tim to an Amber Alert. Merline seems like a nice person but her choice of words was a little insensitive. I guess I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to kidnapped children.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 9

I was disappointed in the looks from an avant garde POV.  They did look good otherwise, except for Ashley's that I thought looked cheap and Merline's that didn't look original.

I was underwhelmed. I get excited when the advent garde challenge comes up, but most seasons, I see the actual designs and am disappointed. I thought some of their printing designs would be bigger as well, so I thought there would have been some really interesting designs. Of course it probably takes awhile for 3D printing.

I did appreciate Merline's attitude at her auf'ing. I thought the bodice of Merline's design was going to be completely covered in her 3D printing, but it was not. It could have been a time issue though.

I think Kelly won by default since her was the most advent garde. The judges kept saying it was so original, but I feel like I have seen that silhouette before on runways.

I thought Edmond's dress was beautiful. I thought after Kelly's his was the next advent garde look. I felt a bit bad that Kelly won and got the 3D printer and Candice got Mel B wearing her dress. Edmond just got to stick around a week longer.

I actually did not mind Ashley's without the cape. I wish she would have thought out her placement of the 3D printing when she started sketching. I know it is probably easier to get an idea of placement when it is in your hand, but it was like she did not even have an idea where to put them.

I had the most problems with Candice's design. It felt like basically a standard mermaid gown. Oh wait, it was in red, so it was totally different than anything Candice has done before. I feel like it was a longer version of some of her previous designs.

Didn't Justin from season 12 do some cool things with a 3D printer?

• Love 5

Merline's was so horribly sewn that I couldn't see past that. One of her skirt flourishes had pulled free and was flapping in the wind. Zac even admitted that the dress had construction issues. They gave Merline a kudos for not being as bad as she was in the beginning.

Ashley's had problems, but it was sewn well. Merline can't sew. She's not Anya levels of incompetent, but Merline's ambitions greatly outpaced her skills and it showed.

• Love 4

Merline's was so horribly sewn that I couldn't see past that. One of her skirt flourishes had pulled free and was flapping in the wind. Zac even admitted that the dress had construction issues. They gave Merline a kudos for not being as bad as she was in the beginning.

Ashley's had problems, but it was sewn well. Merline can't sew. She's not Anya levels of incompetent, but Merline's ambitions greatly outpaced her skills and it showed.

I'm hoping to see Merline in an All Stars season in a couple of years when she's had time to refine her aesthetic and improve her technical skills. I think there were other contestants this season who have pretty much hit the ceiling with how much they will ever develop (Joseph, for instance) But I think Merline has boatloads of untapped potential and she just needs more time.

• Love 11

Edmomd making breakfast for the girls was my favorite part of the show.

I didn't like Candace's dress overall, but I especially thought the 3D stuff at the waist was wrong.  It was ok from far away, but ruined the smooth line of the waist when you got a little closer.  It added bulk in the wrong location.  It was also too tight for her model to walk in.

I didn't have a favorite, and thought Ashley and Merline both could have gone home.

• Love 3

Okay, so Candice's was "avant garde" because she used red and not black??!? What the what? Honestly, it was probably upper mid ONLY because MelB loved it so much and wanted to wear it. The model couldn't walk in it; it looked like it was about to fall down and completely off her breasts, and it was a complete tribute to Carmen Miranda, as someone said above, all she needed was the giant fruitbasket hat.

Ashley's really wasn't anything near avant-garde, either. The pants and top were fugly, cheap looking and what did they have to do with a bridge? And I guess the "cape" was dramatic, but it looked like an oversized choir robe and even the 3d elements look like some of those giant choir robe collars; when I was in college, our chorale even had textured collars (we were fancy) that were only slightly less avant-garde than Ashley's outfit.

It's too bad Merline can't sew so she can execute some of her visions. When she's drawing and talking about them, I'm always thinking, oooo, that could be so wow. But her construction skills finally did her in, in the end. Although, I would have had a hard time choosing between Mer and Ashley for the auf. It's too bad they didn't send Ashley packing, as I'm sure Tim would have saved her and we could have had Merline's brand of crazy, which I find kind of enjoyable, for another week.

• Love 6

Candace: Loved it. It was gorgeous. I can't believe she didn't win. It was beautifully made, clever, and flattering. The red and black was a little goth/Queen of Hearts but whatever with Nina's Spanish does not equal avant-garde.

Kelly: I liked the top in spite of myself. Well, I liked it from the hips up. I didn't mind the paniers shape but I thought the bottom was hideous. The way it flapped about. It looked cheap.

Merline: I have to give it to her, it looked good. I don't think she's an Anya. But God only knows what she was going on about with the architecture and 3D printing. IT looked like she glued Lego pieces onto her dress.

Edmond: Meh. I did not like the bottom of this dress either and I think he could have done better.

Ashley: Good Lord. I can't believe the BS coming out of the judges' mouths trying to compliment this mess.

• Love 2

I guess by default Kelly wins it.  But damn it looked like a couch

That reminds me. The color was awful and I thought it might have been upholstery fabric again. There's a reason it was sitting on the shelf.

• Love 4

I know! When I heard that 3-D printing was going to be involved this week, I was really hoping it was going to be part of an accessory challenge. Why not require the designers to make a necklace, bracelet or earrings or a hair ornament or belt buckle?That would make so much more sense to me than those random plastic doo-hickeys they each came up with and then didn't know what to do with.

Because we must never talk about Project Accessory.

The thought a fruit filled headdress would have gone with Candace's dress perfectly.  It reminded me of Carmen Miranda.  Why do a lot of her tops look like they're dragging her model's breasts down.  I want to physically grab the tops, and pull them up.

To be fair, most actresses on the red carpet have the same problem and they have major fashion designers and stylists attending to them. Also, as thin as the models are, without "enhancements" they shouldn't be that busty to begin with which is why some designs that should work go badly.

Anyway, Kelly cracked me up eating the butter and pretzels. I am glad that she won the printer. I'm sure she'll have a blast creating crazy outfits with it.

I still think Candace made the best dress but I was OK with Kelly winning because I know she'll enjoy the printer the most.

• Love 2

These designers have no vision.   Edmond: "I looked at the bridge and saw X's.   And then I put my name in the X's."

WTF?

Kelly's was a freaking Halloween costume.   All it lacked were a couple Matchbox cars glued to the belt.

Ashley's get-up would have looked great on Gorgeous George.   Or maybe Andy Kauffman.   (The James Brown reference upthread was spot-on, too.)

Candace's would have been a stunning dress without all the 3-D nonsense, but it wasn't avante garde and it bore no relation to any bridge.  But of course her father worked on a bridge -- almost fell off a bridge (gasp) -- so who are we to question?

What do you know?  Merline sees in 3-D when she's walking.   Quite a skill.   Now if she could only manage to chew gum. 

Very happy to see Merline go.   I'll be happy to see all of them go.   In 14 seasons, never has one group been so undeserving of this opportunity or this amount of attention. 

Peeve: Candace gushing about how the 3-D printer dog and pony show was "all being run by a woman."   What is so surprising or impressive about that?   It feels like left-handed sexism.

Mel B no longer seems scary or spicy.

And apropos of nothing, there is entirely too much high-fiving on this stupid show.   Merline even pantomimed high-fiving herself tonight.

• Love 11

Ashley's look reminded me of something James Brown would've worn in the 80's (the "Livin In America" years...very Rocky IV ). I thought the pants were very well done, but that's really the only thing I liked. I've finally hit my wall with her need to be coddled all the time.

I love this entire comment, but picturing JB in those sheer pants is totally making my evening! Hahahahaha!!

• Love 4

Liked Merline,Kelly (but didn’t like how her model was holding her arms, it looked strange), thought Candice was OK, & hated Edmond's (way too short in front) & Ashley's. I think Tim is saving his save for Ashley, I don't know why I think that, I just do.

• Love 1

I thought Ashley's creation was PERFECT ... for Supergirl to wear to the prom! LOL

Was I hallucinating ... or did Nina Garcia actually say that she liked that monstrosity?

Merline is out? OMG! Her dress was WAY superior to Ashley's!!! This must be rigged! This is not the first time that Ashley has made a monstrosity, but I think the last time, she had immunity ...

UGH! This kind of crap makes a show jump the shark for me.

• Love 4

"There was a very visible nipple showing on Ashley's top, but those pants were fitted beautifully. It still didn't stop me from hating them."

Yes, I noticed this too! They voted off the other designer for her model's visible breast issues, yet they keep Ashley for designing something that looked like a Frederick's of Hollywood "boudoir" dress up costume? In that horribly cheap, garish color? Are they blind? This is SO rigged!

Edited by ChattyCathyLA
  • Love 6

Didn't Justin from season 12 do some cool things with a 3D printer?

Yeah, he used the printer to make these swoopy collars. It was pretty great. OTOH, this crew ... ugh. Using a 3d printer to make cheap plastic embellishments is such a freaking waste. It's like inventing a hoverjet so you can fly to the drugstore when you're out of cat food. Ashley's look was sooo dumb. Merline's was disappointing. Candace's was tired, but well made. Kelly, seen it a hundred times but I did like the cables. Also, Kelly's 3d print which actually enhanced her fabric was the best use of the 3d printer. Edmond - pretty, yawn.

They should have used the printer to make structural elements, like actual bra cups, shoulder spikes, fasteners & zippers. Use the printer to be actually foundational, not just plastic gew-gaws.

• Love 13