Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Never Let Me Go

It doesn't bother me that Lily doesn't love her children truth is that Stefan and Damon are pretty much unlovable.

I don`t think they are unloveable per se. But if anyone doesn`t get to make moral judgments on them, it`s their self-involved monster of a mother. Who seems to be doing fine with loving other unloveable people so that`s not the problem. Maybe she only goes for dull, dreary people like herself. Which, I may have made some jokes about Stefan being a pill in the past but compared to the Heretics, he is just a a force of nature. 

Makes me retroactively feel bad for Kai for being trapped with the six dullest people in the universe  for however long. Poor thing.  

What a weird thought that apparently the Salvatore brothers inherited charisma from Guiseppe. Eek.

• Love 3

Another thing, didn't Bonnie seal the cemetery with Elena's coffin with some really strong magic? Because, when they put Elena there, they must have thought oh what if a siphoner ever comes along and sucks the magic out of here like Kai did not too many episodes which was a big deal because that's how they all got to set foot in Mystic Falls in the first place.

I'm assuming the 4 heretics are/were stronger then Bonnie's magic/spell.

I'm assuming the 4 heretics are/were stronger then Bonnie's magic/spell.

Did they know that the heretics were out in the finale? I can't seem to remember if they thought it was only Kai who made it out or if Lily had briefed them before they handled the Elena in Coffin situation.

Either way, they should have known better...

I agree that it must be really frustrating for Alaric to think about how many times he and the other members of the Mystic Falls gang have died and come back to life while Jo died only once. But at the same time, he has seen that magic always has a price (TM Rumpelstiltskin), magic has consequences, spells don't always work the way you think they will, etc. That alone would make me hesitant to use magic to bring someone back from the dead, and that's even before you take into account the evil stone. Man, Bonnie is going to be so mad when she finds out that he used it!

I'm currently working my way through a binge-watch of Once Upon a Time on Netflix and really appreciated the reference. :)

I'm surprised to see so many people are of the opinion (which I agree with) that the Heretics and their mama are a boring bunch of villains. I usually get called strange by my friends because I'm known to love a villain, which on the Vampire Dairies, I have done so far. Even if I wasn't fond of them in particular, their stories and portrayal were still good enough to keep me watching. But these Heretics have me doing other things while the show is on as background noise.

What I may have as an unpopular opinion however, is the little excitement I felt when we found out that Stephan was not Caroline's fiancé. I really like both of those characters, just not together. I keep pushing to see more platonic relationships on TV as I think Stephen and Caroline are better as BFFs like Bonnie and Damon. Not every relationship has to be romantic. May actually keep watching to see that story play out. Well done with that one writers. 

• Love 1

I'm currently working my way through a binge-watch of Once Upon a Time on Netflix and really appreciated the reference. :)

Hee, always fun when there are some common themes among different shows!

What I may have as an unpopular opinion however, is the little excitement I felt when we found out that Stephan was not Caroline's fiancé. I really like both of those characters, just not together. I keep pushing to see more platonic relationships on TV as I think Stephen and Caroline are better as BFFs like Bonnie and Damon. Not every relationship has to be romantic. May actually keep watching to see that story play out. Well done with that one writers.

ITA - while I believe Caroline deciding that she had feelings for Stefan, I get so tired of shows insisting on pairing off any and all male/female leads romantically. There is nothing wrong with letting two people be close but remain friends. Some of my favorite relationships have been BFFs who were never more than platonic friends (see: Veronica Mars & Wallace Fennel). I love when two friends can be honest and supportive without having sex with each other. As much as I love When Harry Met Sally, I believe men and women can be just friends. I liked Stefan and Caroline's friendship but I knew it was just a matter of time before the writers insisted on turning it into something more. Even though I know it's a little different since Alaric is older, I also liked his relationship with Elena too. He was kind and supportive but he was also honest and straightforward, even when it came to her relationship with his BFF Damon.

• Love 3

I think I've become spoiled re: villains both on this show and others. Most of the ones I've liked were charismatic, sometimes vulnerable, smart in some ways but not others, had some kind of sense of humor, allowed us to see other sides of their personalities. Lily and the witch-pires have NONE of this. I'm not sure if this is being done on purpose and TIIC will craft future SLs for these sleep-inducing characters that will actually make them more interesting, more multi faceted, or what. 

I'm finding myself doing other things while watching TVD when I do get around to watching the latest episode, which kills me because TVD used to be appointment TV, "don't bother calling or texting me when it's on because I am watching live, no offense, boo boos." ;-) I'll keep watching for now since I still like some of the characters, just not what's happening to them or what they're doing.

About the only true surprise for me was the spell on Caroline making her skin act like vervain to any vampires that touched her. Everything else was just so rote/boring/uninspired. The only other thing that piqued my interest was the identity of the hunter but I'm starting to think the reveal of who it is will be just disappointing instead of gasp-inducing. 

• Love 1

The only other thing that piqued my interest was the identity of the hunter but I'm starting to think the reveal of who it is will be just disappointing instead of gasp-inducing.

I agree which is sad considering how gasp inducing this show used to be. Remember when Katherine stabbed Spy Daddy in the hand? Awesome.

• Love 1

Though in three years time she'll still be pretty young to be a tv producer. Did she even finish college? Did she glamour her way into the job? That was one mystery that did interest me. Yeah, she's an overachieving go getter but a tv producer at 22? Really?

Though in three years time she'll still be pretty young to be a tv producer. Did she even finish college? Did she glamour her way into the job? That was one mystery that did interest me. Yeah, she's an overachieving go getter but a tv producer at 22? Really?

I'd believe it, she probably compelled somebody into giving her the position. Edited by ByTor