Type keyword(s) to search

Shannen Doherty: Brawling brat or misunderstood innocent?

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 1:08 AM, Hiyo said:

I don't think that was the only thing that led to tension between Shannon and the rest of the cast at the time.

There is also no particular reason why Shannen would be the one and only person to take her father to the doctor or care for him when he was sick.  Surely, if no one else in the family was available, she could've made other arrangements for his care that wouldn't have interfered with her job, especially since it was an ongoing issue.  It isn't like he had a sudden heart attack and she missed work that day to be with him; it was an ongoing problem over months and months.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2015 at 10:39 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I haven't listened to that interview yet, but I'll be honest, I've always had a real soft spot for not only the character of Brenda, but for Shannen Dorherty as well.  I have absolutely no idea why, but I have always liked her as an actress, and I found that for both 90210 and Charmed, I liked them much more when she was on them.  Hell, I even watched her on that god awful show North Shore, because I just find her extremely watchable.  Plus, I always liked that she was able to make fun of herself in not one, but two Kevin Smith movies.  

I am guessing she's probably a bit prickly in real life, but if Jennie Garth was willing to work with her again, she can't be all bad.  That could be my soft spot her her talking though.  

All this and further because IMO Jennie Garth was the problem. That girl had beef with every girl prettier than her, Shannen, Tiffani, Vanessa. She couldn't stand pretty women and made Shannen out as the problem.

• Useful 1
On 3/10/2016 at 12:40 PM, kathy42977 said:

Add to that the way she treated Jim and Cindy when they dared threaten her relationship with Dylan. Brenda got away with a lot. So many times I wanted jim or Cindy to smack her. Even as a kid I thought Brenda was always way out of line.

On 3/10/2016 at 12:40 PM, kathy42977 said:

Yikes, I couldn't disagree more. Jim is the creepiest most patriarchal, misogynistic father of the 90s. Brandon drinks and drives and sleeps with married women and an ex-gf IN THE HOUSE and gets a pat on the back or slap on the wrist and Brenda has protected sex with her longterm boyfriend and it's a federal case.

Jim was always waaaaaay too involved and concerned about Brenda's sex life. 

His need to control her romantic life was creepy but even more disturbing when juxtaposed with his laiser-faire approach to Brandon. Worst father ever.

• Like 3
On 8/19/2023 at 5:10 PM, slayer2 said:

All this and further because IMO Jennie Garth was the problem. That girl had beef with every girl prettier than her, Shannen, Tiffani, Vanessa. She couldn't stand pretty women and made Shannen out as the problem.

Attractive women can be some of the most insecure. Kelly was constantly lauded for her looks. Maybe Jennie felt pressure because her character was supposed to be THE beauty, and there were all these other beautiful women on set. Do you know if she had any issues with Rebecca Gayheart? I know she was on the show pretty briefly, but she was absolutely stunning. 

I always enjoyed Shannen's acting and had a soft spot for her. Maybe it's because she reminds me of a childhood friend of mine. I hate that she didn't get to stay on 90210 and then on Charmed. Right now, of course I wish her health more than anything.