Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: The Candidate

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

Sorry, I might have given a pass to Laurel if going to NP was about fixing Thea. But its not, you could see the wheels turning in LL's head the minute she found out about what the pit can do. It's really a bizarre angle they chose for LL, they are destroying her character to bring back SL. It was nothing but absolute insanity to bring SL back from the beyond dead dead with a pit. Thea is just her cover and free ride to NP.

The writers I do not believe are being lazy, I think they are intentionally bringing LL's character to the crazy side. We as a collective group here on this forum came up with so many other ways they could bring SL back from the dead, some where really creative, some were basic - but all were way better than this if you wanted to preserve the integrity of the characters. There are a million other easier ways to bring SL back from the dead. They didn't have to use LL and they didn't have to make her seem very selfish and not quite sane to do it.

The thing is, if they went with that, I would buy that, too. Laurel's been through a lot, and was clearly depressed in season 2 which I don't think she ever got treated for. Her sister went on a yacht with her boyfriend and they both died for five years, one comes back, the man she loves dies partially because of her actions (if this or true or not, Laurel believes this to be true), her sister comes back, she spirals badly, her sister dies, she becomes the Black Canary. She packed a lot in those three years and not all people handle grief the same way, or even very well. So far she's been channeling all that into saving her city, but man she saw that opportunity and went for it. Except I do not want to see Laurel spiral and pick herself back up for the THIRD SEASON IN A ROW.

That being said, I would totally resurrect my sister. Even if she turned out crazy. That probably makes me a bad person, but she'd resurrect me too, and I'd want to be resurrected. Perhaps Laurel is thinking that they'll find the key to helping Thea at NP and they can use it on Sara directly.  

Edited by aslightjump
  • Love 3

I wish we didn't have to guess. I would've preferred if they'd had Laurel take Thea to NP and then had her get the idea about Sara. The way they wrote the interaction between them, IMO, made it seem like Laurel's "concern" about Thea was only because she wanted more information about the LP. I also would've preferred to see the conversation between her and Thea, because Thea did technically kill Sara, and she's not really in a position to tell Laurel no because of that. 

LBR, Laurel wants Thea to go with her because she knows that there's no way in hell Malcolm would raise a finger to help her (Laurel).

Laurel gets a total pass for me and we're getting Sara back so yea!  I mean no offense, but I honestly think you guys are predisposed to be pissed about this.

Speaking only for myself, I was predisposed to be happy about it, because I love Sara.  But no, they went about it in the worst possible way.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 17

The writers I do not believe are being lazy, I think they are intentionally bringing LL's character to the crazy side. We as a collective group here on this forum came up with so many other ways they could bring SL back from the dead, some where really creative, some were basic - but all were way better than this if you wanted to preserve the integrity of the characters. There are a million other easier ways to bring SL back from the dead. They didn't have to use LL and they didn't have to make her seem very selfish and not quite sane to do it.

The writers think that their shit don't stink, they think they are being smart which makes me fully believe that they are being lazy.

...plus...Laurel now reminds me of Barry. Oh god, risking lives and consequences be damned to save a family member who's been dead for far too long. My god. 

A lot of people would go down that road if they had the chance though. Give that possibility and I bet a lot of people would take it if given the chance.

I don't understand the semantics--Laurel can't "save" Sara! She's DEAD She's BEEN DEAD. I have too strong a command of my native language to fall for Laurel's lawyer-talk subterfuge! (Sincerest apologies to the awesome, ethical lawyers on this board!)

She grated on me the entire episode. I HATED her stupid stakeout talk, "I'm hungry. How can I still be hungry? John?" Was she really wondering why Diggle wasn't paying attention to her stupid blathering while they're on a stakeout?! And then her cajoling him to talk to her with "We don't keep secrets from each other." Or "lie" or whatever she said. Damn the writers forever for trying so desperately to have Laurel usurp Felicity's role as Diggle's friend and supportive confidant! LL did not earn in a few months what Diggle and Felicity had. Also, there were undertones of us vs. them, given the fracture in OTA. But, she's a liar who lies, as evidenced by her lying to Oliver and Thea and doing something SO HORRIFIC to Sara!

I'm convinced the only organic, earned, irreversible death had better be Laurel Lance's in 6 months.

• Love 22

Sorry, I might have given a pass to Laurel if going to NP was about fixing Thea. But its not, you could see the wheels turning in LL's head the minute she found out about what the pit can do. It's really a bizarre angle they chose for LL, they are destroying her character to bring back SL. It was nothing but absolute insanity to bring SL back from the beyond dead dead with a pit. Thea is just her cover and free ride to NP.

Fair enough, but we have also come up with dozens upon dozens of ways they could have set up Laurel as a competent fighter and they didn't do ANY of those things either.  And this IS the show that gave us a Ra's plot that made ZERO sense last season (here let me threaten your loved ones so you come join me and become Ra's and go back and kill all your loved one - WTF???? Oh yea, and Malcolm was on Ra's shit list for trying to destroy Starling because he isn't Ra's and only Ra's gets to destroy large amounts of innocent victim and cities - everyone else in LoA can't do that.  Yea ok show - sure).

And this IS the show that had Malcolm mind-rape Thea and has Oliver DEFEND him repeatedly and prevents Thea from "being responsible for killing Malcolm" because he knows what it's like for being responsible for your parents deaths.... Um Oliver no, Malcolm fing Merlin is responsible for your FATHER's death and if he hadn't tried to kill you all, you would have never been on the island and meet Slade, and your mom would still be alive too.  So no Oliver you just saved the man responsible for your parent's death, but what. the. f. ever.

So yea, the Laurel stuff? Not so bad as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 2

The writers think that their shit don't stink, they think they are being smart which makes me fully believe that they are being lazy.

A lot of people would go down that road if they had the chance though. Give that possibility and I bet a lot of people would take it if given the chance.

True. But they even let Barry contemplate going back or not. Laurel heard about the pit, what it could do and then suddenly, a few scenes later, she's deciding to go and help Thea and bring back her sister. The fact that they didn't show her conflicted about it puts her in a bad light right now.

These writers...these showrunners....clearly, they feel like they have to destroy characters to achieve their goals.

• Love 3

I think that will be an interesting part of the conversation. My mother died unexpectedly, and personally I would never, ever consider doing what Laurel did. Don't fuck with the natural order of things and all that. 

• Love 3

She saw her try to murder her brother.  And if she hasn't noticed something wrong with Thea in five months, when Oliver isn't even living with her and noticed it in five minutes, it just shows how incredibly self-involved Laurel is.

Laurel and Diggle chalked it up to Thea just having fun, she hasn't gone this batshit crazy (that we know of) during the entire time that Oliver has been gone. Not to mention that Laurel wouldn't have any reason to suspect that something is up with her. I'm sure if they saw Thea go as crazy as she did with Anarky and Oliver, they would've been questioning her. But getting rough with the bad guys isn't something they would get suspicious about.

• Love 1

Laurel, Laurel, Laurel. Just when I think Ollie is on top of Dumb Idea Mountain, she finds a new peak.

What the fucking fuck, Laurel?!? I know, we got a spinoff to think about, but so much disbelief has to be suspended. Laurel sees that Thea has become unhinged, and her big idea . . . is to dig up her sister and dip her into the Lazarus Pit? After a year of being dead? I hope Malcolm kills himself laughing at her.

And Ollie running as Mayor? Dude was presumed dead for five years. Even though Star City people don't know about his time in hell, they would probably figure that he's got PTSD from surviving on his own for half a decade. And he's been accused of being the Arrow. Twice! Honestly, it's like this show has become a microcosm of the status quo of DC Comics itself . . . doubling down on the insanity.

"Whatever" on Anarky. Should be nice to see a threat beyond Dark (screw the pretentious spelling) and his ghosts. And he'll probably look better than his counterpart on Beware the Batman.

If Sara's corpse had smacked Laurel in the face, that would have made my night.

• Love 20

Was there a continuity error? Because the opening scene was at night, Oliver says they're meeting with the Danforths in an hour and then it's morning. Or was it, like, six am when they were fighting? 

Unless they stopped off for an early breakfast, there was the usual lack of continuity.  They're fighting in the dark (so probably no later than 6) but when they get back to the lair Thea tells Oliver it's almost 9 am and the Danforths are going to be at their house in less than an hour. 

She may be CEO but to not be there running the company for 6 months, it shouldn't be easy for her to just waltz in and try to run everything, especially so easily apart from firing people. I wanted to see more push back.

She hasn't been there in person, but she's been teleconferencing - she mentioned it last week and it was referenced again this week when she mentioned something about seeing them all in person.

• Love 4

Well, let's see what we had here. I enjoyed the Queen siblings even if only Oliver seems concerned that Thea's cray cray. I look forward to them fighting side by side when she's better. However, Willa Holland has the least intimidating voice. I think, awww, she's so cute when she's trying to be tough. I'm cool with Oliver running for Mayor. Gives him something to do.

I liked Felicity and Curtis. That's the kind of relationship I was hoping for with RP but didn't get. The corporate story line is dull, but I'm guessing this was all set up for Curtis to be introduced. 

QL can drop his attitude at any time. It's bad when I want DD to suck his soul out when he's backtalking. 

Laurel. Oh Laurel. I wrote you off at the end of S2, but damn if you didn't surpass my low expectations of you. What a horrible person. I hated it when the Scooby Gang brought Buffy back, and I hate that you're doing the same to Sara. What's worse is using Thea as an excuse. I no longer feel like her caring for Thea is genuine, and that's one of the few pros I ever put in the Laurel column. I hope

Constantine saves all his fuck offs for her and her alone.

Shout out to the fire gag! I've seen some stunt folks set themselves on fire, and it's always awesome. And crazy. 

• Love 16

Look, that's the one thing I enjoyed about that scene. If you're gonna dig up a grave, by god, be super neat about it!

Surprisingly, Empire also had a dig up a body plot line tonight. They were doing it get charges dropped after burying the body last year to cover a crime, so at least that made sense. Needless to say, they were not digging up the right grave despite some serious digging. So at least LL & TQ get points for digging up the right grave. That much I will give them, of course they had the benefit of a stone marker and not some trees.

• Love 2

True. But they even let Barry contemplate going back or not. Laurel heard about the pit, what it could do and then suddenly, a few scenes later, she's deciding to go and help Thea and bring back her sister. The fact that they didn't show her conflicted about it puts her in a bad light right now.

These writers...these showrunners....clearly, they feel like they have to destroy characters to achieve their goals.

Totally agree, I wish that they did show her being conflicted with it. It is the one thing that is annoying me this season is that they have been moving at the speed of light with some of these storylines instead of properly fleshing them out as they should

• Love 3

Laurel and Diggle chalked it up to Thea just having fun, she hasn't gone this batshit crazy (that we know of) during the entire time that Oliver has been gone. Not to mention that Laurel wouldn't have any reason to suspect that something is up with her. I'm sure if they saw Thea go as crazy as she did with Anarky and Oliver, they would've been questioning her. But getting rough with the bad guys isn't something they would get suspicious about.

Yeah, Laurel didn't know, so I don't necessarily blame her for not noticing. I do, however, blame her for not seeming to take that into consideration before basically telling Thea that she's going to Nanda Parbat. 

John though, he doesn't have any excuse at all. He was there when Malcolm warned them, he saw her go into the Pit, and he brushed off Oliver's concerns about her. He's disappointing as hell again this week. 

• Love 10

But, she's a liar who lies, as evidenced by her lying to Oliver and Thea and doing something SO HORRIFIC to Sara!

She didn't lie to Thea, though, did she? I mean, she straight up told her the truth about what she was doing.

And it was such a shame, cause scenes of them at an actual spa would have been cute and character- and relationship-building.

Sidenote: What is the deal with Detective Lance? Like is there a 'how can we make him douchier' competition going somewhere? Normally I'm super appreciative of anybody who side-eyes Oliver that hard, but Jesus man, you're working for the evil guy!

• Love 1

She didn't lie to Thea, though, did she? I mean, she straight up told her the truth about what she was doing.

We don't really know what she told her, because we didn't get to see that part of the conversation. Which I would've liked to have seen, because why on earth is Thea going along with this? Because she's living in Laurel's home? Because she feels guilty about what she did to Sara? She knows she's not right. 

This storyline sucks. 

• Love 7

Ok Laurel didn't see her set someone on fire - she was gone when that happened.  And Thea attacking Oliver?  Who hasn't wanted to do that on this show at some point or another?  Oliver used to put arrows in people as an interrogation tactic and per Amanda Waller what he did to the army guy took cruel and unusual to a new level (and this is a woman who specializes in cruel and unusual).  Like I said, they aren't making Thea crazy ENOUGH if they want me to believe Laurel is making a mistake.

I think Thea trying to kill her brother is way more different than Oliver attacking some random goon.

• Love 5

Yeah, Laurel didn't know, so I don't necessarily blame her for not noticing. I do, however, blame her for not seeming to take that into consideration before basically telling Thea that she's going to Nanda Parbat. 

John though, he doesn't have any excuse at all. He was there when Malcolm warned them, he saw her go into the Pit, and he brushed off Oliver's concerns about her. He's disappointing as hell again this week. 

Yeah if they had to have Laurel be the one to bring back Sara, they could've made things better by having Laurel sit down and ask her and talk more depth about it.

What is the normal villains of Star City doing right now? Are they obsolete now that DD is in town and running things? 

If we are digging up corpses now and Lazarus pitting them then I say bring back Tommy and Moira as well.

I see no reason why anyone in the group should be permanently dead from now. You just can't open this plot device and then not deal with the consequences. 

• Love 9

Doing a post and then going back to read the other posts.

Two solid episodes in a row!  Felicity was fantastic as CEO and it was her turn to find a different way!  The Love Fern!  I don’t care.  I love that silly plant but now brown paper lunch bags are going to make me go aww as well.  I love that Felicity is just betting it all on the smart people around her.  Loved less that she said BTW, but I’ll take it since it means that she was able to bring back the let go employee and prove that they had a reason to put a lot of faith in her.  I had to laugh at how often during her first day back she had to slip down to the basement to help out.  Her people are going to think she smokes or something, lol. 

Great Speedy/Oliver episode.  That “training session” gone wrong in the lair was scary and a more effective fight than anything else in the show.  It reminded me what a good fight sequence should do and that is matter.  The opening stunts were pure fluff (though the Felicity made several very valid points) but Thea breaking the informant’s arm and then Oliver trying to show her the difference, whoa, just balls to the walls freaky. 

A pause on Thea’s crazy.  It occurred to me as Thea broke the potential informant’s arm that it might not have been a great idea for Thea to room with Laurel or rather why if Thea and Laurel worked closely why Laurel might not have noticed the crazy.  Laurel did pretty much the same thing to that guy in the hospital last year when he wouldn’t give her answers.  I can’t help think that Oliver more easily saw that Thea was going over the line because his line is more strict than Laurel’s. 

That said I don’t think Laurel would go nuts and attack Thea but Oliver was sooo not being smart about his “training” 

So Diggle tells Laurel about the Andy connection to HIVE after Laurel reminds him that they don’t keep secrets.  Sounds like it was the temp team moto while Oliver was away (except for the part where Laurel and Thea went to get Oliver) Laurel also only insists on No Secrets rule from John since she totally shut him out of her dig up Sara’s corpse and take it to NP.  I mean, how insanely stupid is this idea?  Thea is clearly losing it and was only a little dead but Sara is a really nasty withered corpse (At least she wasn’t gooey – yes I have watched too many Bones’ episodes usually right around dinner) This is such a terrible idea.  Even if Laurel is assuming that the LoA would have ways to fix it, when they get there and Malcolm says, sorry, if I knew about ways to fix it I would have been in favor of Thea getting dunked, then Laurel should take a step back, but nope, this is Laurel.

I really want Sara back and I know this is supposed to endear Laurel to me but it is the worst way possible of doing it.  I thought at the very least that Laurel wouldn’t know about the side effects but this is just so blatant. 

Well, next week should be an interesting episode.  I’m looking forward to the OTA having a week to themselves.

I actually really like how they set up Oliver deciding to run for Mayor and Felicity’s face was a good mix of shock and it makes sense and crap.

• Love 12

I will say, Thea asking "are you sure you want to do this?" when Laurel had already dug up the grave made me laugh inappropriately. Also, why did they have her open the casket? Did she think Sara escaped?

Apparently I've circled around from being angry into being amused, which is the usual response this show evokes in me. Oh, Arrow. Don't ever change. And by that I mean, holy shit please change.

Edited by aslightjump
  • Love 12

Nameless Flashback Chick

Who Will Soon Become Oliver's Love Interest

had a Hollywood Eastern European accent, so... Bratva?

Wait was that the girl in the field? I was so distracted by his hair and the shear number of random people that seemed to be on the island out of the blue - I wasn't even paying attention to the people talking.

They wasted Seven of Nine. How dare they.

Where the hell was Diggle? Unacceptable.

Thea and Oliver were great. SA and WH have a great dynamic.

I don't even know how to process the Laurel storyline. I'll comment when I can think of the words.

I'm looking forward to more Felicity and Curtis. I like CEO Felicity just jumping into the fray with Curtis. 

Supportive Olicity was great. I'm so used to hearing Oliver repeat Felicity's words, it's a nice change to hear her repeat his. They are nailing this relationship.

The great Olicity, Thea/Oliver and Felicity/Curtis scenes do not make up for the lack of OTA and Felicity/Diggle. We haven't even seen Diggle acknowledge Felicity. 

The Diggle scene with Laurel was so shoehorned. What was even the point? 

ETA: If they wanted a scene with Diggle and Laurel, why didn't they just have Laurel go to him about the LP? It would have made Laurel seem more aware and it wouldn't have been so random as Andy.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 13

I will say, Thea asking "are you sure you want to do this?" when Laurel had already dug up the grave made me laugh inappropriately. Also, why did they have her open the casket? Did she think Sara escaped?

Apparently I've circled around from being angry into being amused, which is the usual response this show evokes in me. Oh, Arrow. Don't ever change. And by that I mean, holy shit please change.

I took it as her opening the casket and thinking if she really wants to go through with this or not.

We don't really know what she told her, because we didn't get to see that part of the conversation. Which I would've liked to have seen, because why on earth is Thea going along with this? Because she's living in Laurel's home? Because she feels guilty about what she did to Sara? She knows she's not right. 

This storyline sucks. 

I also don't like the idea that if Thea didn't want to help (and again, her help is essential, bc if Laurel showed up in NP with Sara's rotting corpse, MM would laugh at her while running her through with a sword), she could just say no.  Thea's 20, Laurel's 30 and has been an older figure in her life for years.  Thea's been living with Laurel AND Laurel's been mentoring her AND Thea killed the sister Laurel wants to get back.  That's a whole lot of pressure on someone to expect her to say no if she just doesn't want to do it.

• Love 12

Whatever the in-show reason for not bringing Tommy back, Colin Donnell's new show starts in November.

Sorry, I might have given a pass to Laurel if going to NP was about fixing Thea. But its not, you could see the wheels turning in LL's head the minute she found out about what the pit can do. It's really a bizarre angle they chose for LL, they are destroying her character to bring back SL.

Oh, the irony. They killed Sara off so that Laurel would have a reason to become the Black Canary. Now they are killing Laurel's character in order to bring Thea back.

The odds on it being Laurel in the grave at the end of the last episode just went up.

Ok Laurel didn't see her set someone on fire - she was gone when that happened.  And Thea attacking Oliver?  Who hasn't wanted to do that on this show at some point or another?  Oliver used to put arrows in people as an interrogation tactic and per Amanda Waller what he did to the army guy took cruel and unusual to a new level (and this is a woman who specializes in cruel and unusual).  Like I said, they aren't making Thea crazy ENOUGH if they want me to believe Laurel is making a mistake.

Laurel and Diggle literally had to pull Thea off of Oliver because she was fighting him so hard. It's hard to put that down to "fun with my older brother".  Oliver has done worse things in s1 but he never lost it his connection with reality like Thea did here.

A pause on Thea’s crazy.  It occurred to me as Thea broke the potential informant’s arm that it might not have been a great idea for Thea to room with Laurel or rather why if Thea and Laurel worked closely why Laurel might not have noticed the crazy.  Laurel did pretty much the same thing to that guy in the hospital last year when he wouldn’t give her answers.  I can’t help think that Oliver more easily saw that Thea was going over the line because his line is more strict than Laurel’s.

That said I don’t think Laurel would go nuts and attack Thea but Oliver was sooo not being smart about his “training”

That's a good point, that Laurel has been established as having flexible boundaries (remember the guy she tried to beat up with a baseball bat?) so she might not have thought that Thea's behaviour was so Out Of Normal.

But Diggle has no excuse. Didn't he feel any sense of needing to take care of Thea while Oliver was gone?  He hired on with Oliver in the first place to keep him sane.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

So is Anarky gonna be covered in burns scars now? And will he be up against Damien or will Damien eventually just bring him into the fold because he'll be too messy otherwise. I'm definitely interested in the set up there.

• Love 1

So is Anarky gonna be covered in burns scars now? And will he be up against Damien or will Damien eventually just bring him into the fold because he'll be too messy otherwise. I'm definitely interested in the set up there.

Yeah, and what was DD going on about crossing lines by threatening JD's daughter when he's obviously threatening Laurel to Quentin? 

So many hypocrites in the ep tonight (although I do expect hypocrisy from villains). 

• Love 3

I also don't like the idea that if Thea didn't want to help (and again, her help is essential, bc if Laurel showed up in NP with Sara's rotting corpse, MM would laugh at her while running her through with a sword), she could just say no.  Thea's 20, Laurel's 30 and has been an older figure in her life for years.  Thea's been living with Laurel AND Laurel's been mentoring her AND Thea killed the sister Laurel wants to get back.  That's a whole lot of pressure on someone to expect her to say no if she just doesn't want to do it.

Look, Laurel should have asked not told - because Thea has SO many reasons to say yes including that she would do it for Oliver in a heartbeat.

Regarding Thea beating on Oliver as a clue that she is cray cray - nope still not enough. Laurel and Diggle didn't see her face.  And they know that Oliver a) brought it on himself and b) could have stopped it whenever he wanted.  If Laurel had seen her light the guy on fire, I'd be harder on her, but she didn't.  And it's not like Oliver is DOING anything about it so again, why would Laurel think it's a bad idea for Sara?

Oh, and now that I've had time to shrug off the ick, I don't think any of this Laurel digs up Sara stuff will matter in the end. It's gross and selfish but Sara's coming back. Laurel will be hailed as hero, especially as Sara goes on to be a legend and Laurel rarely suffers the consequences of her actions anyway.

So yeah. I expect no one will remember this in 2 episodes so I'm just gonna ignore it now. SMH.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

We talked awhile ago about how Oliver's beard and hair could be fake.  I used to think he couldn't do that without being caught, but then I figured, hey, he's picked up by the fishing trawler, goes into the head, and comes out without the Grizzly Adams look.  The fishermen would probably not care enough to be suspicious, so it definitely could work.

I am interested in the DD/Anarky stuff, although I wasn't impressed with the Anarky actor.  Really glad the tooth wasn't Danforth's daughter's tooth.

• Love 3

Laurel. She wasn't written as awfully as everyone else thinks she was in my opinion. I actually got everything she thought and all her actions. I'd want to bring my sister back as well. I get it. Plus the writers had to come up with a reason as to why Sara comes back. This works.

Agreed, I didn't think Laurel was that bad.  I'd bring my sister back in a heartbeat.

Edited by mybabyaidan

Look, Laurel should have asked not told - because Thea has SO many reasons to say yes including that she would do it for Oliver in a heartbeat.

Regarding Thea beating on Oliver as a clue that she is cray cray - nope still not enough. Laurel and Diggle didn't see her face.  And they know that Oliver a) brought it on himself and b) could have stopped it whenever he wanted.  If Laurel had seen her light the guy on fire, I'd be harder on her, but she didn't.  And it's not like Oliver is DOING anything about it so again, why would Laurel think it's a bad idea for Sara?

If you don't think her trying to kill her brother is a clue that she's nutbars I think we'll have to agree to disagree.  

• Love 5

Yeah, and what was DD going on about crossing lines by threatening JD's daughter when he's obviously threatening Laurel to Quentin? 

So many hypocrites in the ep tonight (although I do expect hypocrisy from villains). 

I wonder if DD just threatens Laurel but would only harm her as an absolute last resort? Anarky just straight-up kidnapped JD's daughter without doing anything else first. I don't know. It was weird but I expect there's a point to it eventually. Maybe we'll learn from his flashback at some point. 

Did Laurel trend on Twitter at least? Because this was the epitome of Writing for Worldwide Trend.

Nothing trended. Not even 'Arrow.'

• Love 1

Laurel and Diggle didn't see her face.  And they know that Oliver a) brought it on himself and b) could have stopped it whenever he wanted.

I think Oliver did try to stop it. But he couldn't without hurting Thea. Laurel and Diggle had to go over and pull her off him bodily which proved that she had lost control because otherwise she would have stopped at their first touch.

• Love 5

It reminded me of Moria threatening MM with Ra's in S2. She said the same thing, that even the LoA had lines or limits.
  • Love 2