Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

• Start Topic

Either Sean said to himself, "Can't beat Amanda? I'll join Amanda. So the judges like fringe? I'll give them f**king fringe! . . .or. . .There's a Fringe Theme Night.

Well, Heidi DID tell Amanda she wanted the dress she made in the last challenge. I guess Sean decided to give her one just like it. Can't wait to see how they handle this one during judging.

I don't know if Amanda ends up in the top looks this challenge but it would be kind of funny if because of the "anonymous runway" they thought they were picking her dress and ended up picking Sean's.

• Love 3

This strikes me as funny. Either Sean said to himself, "Can't beat Amanda? I'll join Amanda. So the judges like fringe? I'll give them f**king fringe! . . .or. . .There's aFringe Theme Night.

Probably there is a challenge to design a runway dress for Heidi.

In the previews that aired after this week's show we saw that the next episode was to design a dress for Heidi. In the program guide for this week it says, "the designers are tasked to make a dress for Heidi to wear to an awards show." Well last night was the Creative Emmys so most people pretty much could figure out that the dress she was wearing was the winners. Did they really need to spell it out. I'm sure they knew the actual show wouldn't air until after the episode. Why leak it on social media?

It looks like a longer version of Amanda's Miranda Lambert dress.

Which was still a rip off of Cavalli Spring 2011.

Who is this fringe-loving person and what have they done with the real Heidi?

Heidi actually has worn Cavalli quite a bit in the past. She likes his stuff. IIRC she worn s similar gown in silver before. I just can't seem to locate picture.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

Both the Primetime Emmys and the VMAs air on the 24th. I wouldn't be surprised if the they don't make note  that the Creatives are airing on a sister channel. Especially since many could DVR or catch the repeat. Nevertheless why reveal a spoiler on 2 of the most popular social media platforms out there?

Tim Gunn said in a recent interview that pre-finale filming for this season finished on July 25. Many of the designers were active on social media prior to then (those still competing are not allowed Internet access), and Amanda hosted a premiere screening in Nashville on the 24th. 

Kini, Korina, Fade, Char, Emily, and Sean didn't start tweeting until later, so I'm thinking they may be finalists.  

• Love 2

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think that Sean's dress is all that fabulous. I mean it's just a slip dress with deep fringe sewn on in angles. I guess it's kind of cool that the bottom line of fringe is black, or did she walk through tar on her way to the awards ceremony?

Next season, why don't they just do a FRINGE season? It could either be that every garment must have a fringy element OR could mean that we get to be mercifully frozen in amber on a bus for the entire season so we don't actually have to watch.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 2

PepperMonkey, I have no real feelings one way or the other about the dress (compared to many of Heidi's outfits, it could be so much worse), but I am deeply in love with your allusion to the greatest FRINGE ever! Now I'll be smiling as I watch next week, pretending that maybe The Dress got shredded while crossing over from the red side.

• Love 1

Wait, so unless they're doing the RAINway this coming week, does that mean, he's bringing Char back AND there's no elimination on the next show, or were there ten designers before she was eliminated?

I remember that pic; I had a hard time viewing it. Did it look like Korina the Kow (sorry cows, i love you, and no offense, which is why I spelled it with a K) was still in the running??

UPDATE! just went back and viewed it again with Mr. Monkey's help; so much better. Yeah, Char is definitely there. Looks like Korina is too, dammit.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 1

Somehow I missed the promo for next week... and really, I don't know if I care... that's how inspiring this season has been for me.

That said... I suppose it could be one of those things where another designer Samantha?? maybe, since I'm betting the middle person in the picture is Sandhya and not her... has to leave the competition for some reason- like a family emergency or something... so they bring back Char to take her spot... isn't that how Chris March got brought back? Someone left due to illness?

I've always thought the Tim Gunn save should be used when he disagrees with the judges on that particular challenge. Not just "oh you made crap, but I think you have potential" but more of "I really liked what you did and i'm not sure why the judges hated it so much or I guided you in this direction and think it could have worked... "

• Love 2

Yeah, that could be it; it just seemed like the way he announced in the work room about something weighing heavily on his mind and he did that choked up almost thing again....

Seems like he talked with producers and decided to bring her back; that may be why they also aired the part where he said if it was later, he would have saved her.

I just can't figure out WHY he seems so invested in her; I have actually liked HER, but I haven't been impressed with a single thing she's done since she got there, including that first look (YELLOW again, btw) that was praised by the judges.

• Love 1

Except new Tim (post UTG) probably doesn't like Fade.

Fade is charming, talented and almost completely drama-free, so he's not in the mean girl club with Tim and whatever other mean girls he has aligned himself with that particular week.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 3

Yeah, that could be it; it just seemed like the way he announced in the work room about something weighing heavily on his mind and he did that choked up almost thing again....

Seems like he talked with producers and decided to bring her back; that may be why they also aired the part where he said if it was later, he would have saved her.

I just can't figure out WHY he seems so invested in her; I have actually liked HER, but I haven't been impressed with a single thing she's done since she got there, including that first look (YELLOW again, btw) that was praised by the judges.

When Tim saved Justin, I had no idea what he was thinking.  Up to that point the stuff Justin made was at best passable, at worst, made with a glue gun.  But Tim was right and I was wrong, and I knew I was dead wrong about his decision when I saw that dress with the tubing walk down the runway and heard the story behind his collection.  So as much as I've been disappointed by Tim recently, he does have the ability to see something in people, some talent that maybe we don't see during the show.

Having said that, I really need for him to save his Tim Gunn save for Fade.

I'm hoping next week that someone did something to disqualify them this week and so they have to be sent home and Char brought back.  And the person they disqualify isn't Fade.  And Tim Gunn can retain his "save"

I'm hoping next week that someone did something to disqualify them this week and so they have to be sent home and Char brought back.  And the person they disqualify isn't Fade.  And Tim Gunn can retain his "save"

The screencap posted on page 1 of this thread shows Fade at the "rainway," so he's safe for at least another week (along with Char, Sandhya, Sean, Korina, Alexander, Kini, Emily, and Amanda). Looks like Samantha is the unfortunate who gets the boot right before fashion week.

Based on who was active on Twitter before pre-finale filming wrapped, it seems that Amanda, Sandhya, and Alexander may be the next to go (not necessarily in that order). 

I think that it would be foolish to save Char, not only because her output has been underwhelming, but because she lacks formal training and her design experience consists of making clothes for herself and her friends. I highly doubt that she can make it all the way, but it seems to me that Tim uses his save on people he likes on a personal level.  

• Love 1

If we didn't actually see Char in the "rainway" preview, I wouldn't think Tim's comments really meant anything, but since we knows she's there it seems incredibly likely that Tim actually does use the save for her in the next episode.

I do wish he would wait to use it for Fäde, but then again I really don't think Fäde should ever be eliminated in the first place.

Is there any chance (I do not want to believe Tim wasted his save on Char whom I like, but not enough to waste a save on) that one of the remaining designers does something that gets them taken out of the game and Tim has to bring Char back in so the numbers are what they need to be? I think this happened once before, can't remember.

I just can't believe Tim would use his save on Char. She's mediocre at best. Though it was incredibly insensitive, to my mind, for him to have told her he would have used it on her but nope, not gonna, so maybe they did leave that bit in so they could show his change of heart and we're all suppose to applaud when Tim "rights the wrong he made last episode in letting Char go". But I won't. I'll be pissed that he once again used it on someone he personally liked over someone he thought could win and just had an off week.

Is there any chance (I do not want to believe Tim wasted his save on Char whom I like, but not enough to waste a save on) that one of the remaining designers does something that gets them taken out of the game and Tim has to bring Char back in so the numbers are what they need to be? I think this happened once before, can't remember.

I just can't believe Tim would use his save on Char. She's mediocre at best. Though it was incredibly insensitive, to my mind, for him to have told her he would have used it on her but nope, not gonna, so maybe they did leave that bit in so they could show his change of heart and we're all suppose to applaud when Tim "rights the wrong he made last episode in letting Char go". But I won't. I'll be pissed that he once again used it on someone he personally liked over someone he thought could win and just had an off week.

I'm hoping it goes down how you said.  I need that TG save for Fade.  But I think TG was right to use his save on Justin, because I really enjoyed Justin's collection.  So if he uses it on Char I just have to hope she has something amazing up her sleeve.  

I'm hoping it goes down how you said.  I need that TG save for Fade.  But I think TG was right to use his save on Justin, because I really enjoyed Justin's collection.  So if he uses it on Char I just have to hope she has something amazing up her sleeve.  

I think Tim used his save properly with Justin. Not only did he like him as a person and did Justin have some interesting ideas... but Tim was very encouraging of the hot glue lace stuff that got him aufed.... not that it's Tim's fault, since his guidance isn't always perfect, since he can't predict what stupid ideas the judges are going to have... but that was definitely a situation where he saw more in the technique even if the final execution failed.

I don't think Char has really done anything all that interesting, nor was she steered wrong by Tim during their critiques, so I think it'd be a waste for him to save her. But I suppose we'll see.

• Love 2

Char is definitely there in the front row of the "Rainway" photo:

http://i.imgur.com/Y93C48g.jpg

When I posted this upthread on 8/25, I IDed the front row as Emily, Char, Angela, Korina, Kini, but obviously that's Sandhya (and not Angela) up front. The back row is a little harder to figure out, but Amanda's definitely there too. I don't see Samantha there, so I'm guessing she's out this week (which would leave Sean, Fade, and Alexander in back with Amanda).

Edited by eatingpaste