Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

• Start Topic

Let's have this suffice for the moment as both a spoiler and spoiled speculation thread for what may or may not be happening with Season 13.

I just saw this today.  They have just started casting Season 13, which "ended speculation that 'Project Runway' would be permanently replaced by 'Under the Gunn.'"

My understanding is the "Under the Gunn" was done in place of another PR season because Gunn refused to do a season of PR without Heidi Klum who couldn't do it for some reason.  But I assume everyone will be back in place for this new season.  Don't know when it is scheduled to film. 

Feel free to poke around for other spoilers or season 13 info and post them here.

That they would even think of bringing Ken back shows utter contempt for the viewing audience and the Fashion Industry.  Did they think we needed to hear him scream STFU 20 more times an episode?  Neither his behavior nor his design ability merits a repeat.

If Ken is the one brought back (if that happens I'll be firmly convinced it was rigged), I will not be watching S13.

• Love 2

Unicorn Boy actually does gorgeous work, but it's all from fabric he looms by hand from found materials, so I don't know why anyone thought his work could be translated to one-day challenges.

I assume Amanda got picked because her brother's a rock star, and Alexander did kind of get screwed by the whole Ken meltdown thing. I have no idea why they'd offer another shot to Ken.

• Love 1

On the "I wanna vote against Ken" front, it looks like you can vote daily (at least), and for more than one. So I voted for the not-Kens yesterday and today.

I normally don't believe in doing the whole online vote-jamming thing, but for those of you who do, I will raise no philosophical objections if you share your techniques here. ;-)

• Love 2

I don't care who gets to come back, so long as it isn't Ken (though I did enjoy Drag Brows).  The fact that they allowed him to stay after his behavior was bad enough, but thinking of bringing him back is just not cool.  This is clearly a ratings ploy and I'm not okay with that. 

I said last year, instead of the Tim Gunn Save, I wanted them to have a Tim Gunn Elimination - where Tim could go "I'm sorry Ken, but the judges got this one wrong.  You are clearly insane and are scaring the children, so you are out."

• Love 8

So apparently you can't vote (for the non-Kens, of course) more than once every 24 hours. Or at least I can't, not without doing computer stuff that I really don't have time for today.

Non-Kens for the win!

Yeah, I can't believe they're giving Ken a chance. I can't believe Tim Gunn didn't vehemently oppose him being an option.

Voting for Amanda. Can't remember anything she made but she had a pleasant personality.

I think that if they have Ken listed as someone who could come back - its just as a red herring.  I hope its Alexander though, I really did enjoy his stuff.  I know his eyebrows were off the wall, but I liked his personality and the fact that he stood up for himself against Ken.  People like Ken get through life behaving poorly because no one likes to rock the boat, even when the person is a little man in cutoff jean shorts.  I would vote for Alexander, as for Amanda if you have a brother in the Foo Fighters (I remember it was a pretty big band) I think you have access to so many connections that you probably don't need PR publicity as much as everyone else.

Amanda's brother is James Valentine from Maroon 5.

Yes!  Thank you - as I wrote Foo Fighters I felt it was wrong, I remember the band her brother was in having a super hot lead singer.  I think Dave Grohl is okay, but I don't find him super hot.  Adam Levine on the other hand....hubba hubba!

Jokes in TLo's comments on how Heidi will pronounce Mr. fade zu grau's (fade has an umlaut) name.  I hope she asks him if that's his real name and what it's supposed to mean.  And I hope she asks The M. Perry if "The" is his first name.  The thing is, he will probably be cut quite early and he knows it, so he's getting attention beforehand by having a stupid name. The Mitchell Perry sounds like a hair product.

I love that fäde is a graphic designer. That's what I do, and everyone I work with is hyphenated and waiting for their big break.

Also, does it seem like that's a lot of contestants to be from Brooklyn?

I voted for Amanda. Why would Alexander want to come back after how he whined about the judging at the reunion? No thanks. And Ken is Ken, so... NOPE.

I laughed so hard when I first read "The Mitchell Perry." Is there a precedent for this among designers, or have we just already identified the biggest d-bag of the season?

Does anyone else think that The Mitchell Perry is going to refer to himself in third person?  I kind of hope he does...if you're going to add a "The" to your first name, you might as well jump all they way on the crazy train and go third person.  

• Love 3

Does anyone else think that The Mitchell Perry is going to refer to himself in third person?  I kind of hope he does...if you're going to add a "The" to your first name, you might as well jump all they way on the crazy train and go third person.  

I definitely hope he does!  I also hope he uses the royal we....now I can't wait for project runway!  This guy had better not turn out to be perfectly normal and nice either, if you call yourself The Mitchell Perry, you're making promises of crazy that you had better keep!

• Love 1

I also noticed there was one designer who admitted she didn't know if she could win. I found it refreshingly honest, but it also makes me wondering she'll be able to stand the pressure. I'm not a competitive person by nature so I understand doing the show just for the experience. But it seems so grueling...I think you really have to want to win and believe you can to have success.

Why on earth does Lifetime not re-run Project Runway?  Like, EVER?  That's what used to get me so excited for the new season!!!  I'm sure ad dollars are higher for PR than "Betrayal of the Mind and Body Rape-The Sharon Daniels Story."  Or Wife Swap.

This guy had better not turn out to be perfectly normal and nice either, if you call yourself The Mitchell Perry, you're making promises of crazy that you had better keep!

Seriously.  The Mitchell Perry and Herr Doktor fäde zu grau better both be bringing the crazy or I'll be disappointed.  And not scary-crazy like Ken or Sandro from last season, just good old fashioned Angela-and-her-fleurchons crazy.  Nothing that makes me fear for people's safety.

• Love 2

Just from reading the bios I'm expecting a lower than usual talent pool.  It seems like few designers have gone to design school or have a lot of professional experience.  That doesn't automatically mean someone is awful, but I'm just not going to expect much in way of surprising ability.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 1

Just from reading the bios I'm expecting a lower than usual talent pool.  It seems like few designers have gone to design school or have a lot of professional experience.  That doesn't automatically mean someone is awful, but I'm just not going to expect much in way of surprising ability.  I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to be a weenie, but I hope you're wrong too.  I truly do love this show for some of the beautiful fashions the contestants bring.  I do love me some crazy, and I do love me some drama.  But I REALLY do love me some good runway show.  I mean REALLY love it.

I'm not trying to be a weenie, but I hope you're wrong too.  I truly do love this show for some of the beautiful fashions the contestants bring.  I do love me some crazy, and I do love me some drama.  But I REALLY do love me some good runway show.  I mean REALLY love it.

Me, too.  The runway is always my favorite part of the show.  I'd rather be wrong and see great stuff than be right and see mediocrity.

• Love 1

Hopefully this season, the contestants will have actually seen previous episodes and not be shocked....shocked I tell ya....when they are dropped off at a hardware/dollar/grocery store and told to make a fab outfit out of what they can find there!!!  Catch up people....know what you're getting into!

Last time they had a vote to bring back a contestant I wasn't worried because I love Kate and Ra'mon and felt pretty confident nobody would remember/care about Valerie enough to bring her back.

But this time I can barely sleep. I was crushed when fragile, underrated Amanda was eliminated over that little troll Richard and cannot stomach the thought of having Ken back: annoying or not, his clothes consistently sucked.

So I am praying that if recency bias must win, then we at the very least get Alexander instead of Ken.

It's hard to imagine Ken getting voted back.  I know he has at least one passionate defender, but I don't think he has any support in the fanbase.  In fact I kind of think it was cruel to include him on the ballot.

I would prefer Amanda too, she was sweet, but I wouldn't mind hearing Alexander's pleasant voice again.  Tim hates him, though, so maybe that would be uncomfortable?

(edited)

Alexander was pretty blunt in the post-game episode about believing there was producer manipulation last season, and Tim basically put his integrity on the line that there wasn't. It's going to be kind of awkward for Tim if Alexander is the fan favorite after that.

I'm starting to wonder if the negative edit of Tim might not be a choice on the part of the producers. These people are pretty good at crafting a narrative. I can't believe they thought Tim supporting schoolyard bully behavior from Asha and Mondo or Helen and coven was going to be popular with the audience. And wouldn't they have been editing the last season of PR right about the time he refused to do the extra season they wanted and stuck them with Under the Gunn?

It's not that I have any particular reason to think so. It's just that I don't think people basically change all that much, so it makes me wonder why we're all of a sudden getting such a negative view after a decade of St. Tim.

Edited by Julia
(edited)
It's not that I have any particular reason to think so. It's just that I don't think people basically change all that much, so it makes me wonder why we're all of a sudden getting such a negative view after a decade of St. Tim.

I know this is the age-old "it's editing"/"he actually said it" debate, but Tim said what he said to Alexander and no amount of editing can change that. He was defending "the brand" and not biting the hand that feeds - he knows better than that. But the indignancy with which he responded was what bothered me, since Alexander really wasn't saying anything particularly controversial or out of line: obviously judges have favorites and obviously production likes characters. This has been the case since The Real World in 1991.

so maybe that would be uncomfortable?

I am having flashbacks to the positively cringe-inducing Emilio/Tim interactions from Season 7. I generally like Tim and think Emilio needs to deflate his ego a bit, but it was uncomfortable to watch Tim being so unnecessarily combative.

But one thing's for sure, Alexander seems to have learned that playing the producers is important, which would be an interesting carryover from Kate's return: she understood from day 1 that you need to be a "character" (hence her OTT attempt to be a "bitch" in the the Season 11 casting, only to end up being sweet and sort of fragile), and learned on her second season how to play to what the judges want and not just make a prom dress out of duct tape. So in some ways, somebody who feels screwed over their first time can end up being a great returnee.

But I still want it to be Amanda.

Edited by Oholibamah

Why on earth does Lifetime not re-run Project Runway?  Like, EVER?  That's what used to get me so excited for the new season!!!  I'm sure ad dollars are higher for PR than "Betrayal of the Mind and Body Rape-The Sharon Daniels Story."  Or Wife Swap.

With online videos standard, very few shows rerun these days at all.

(edited)

With online videos standard, very few shows rerun these days at all.

Apparently scripted series do well in reruns, but most reality shows  don't, or so I'm told.  Thus the endless showings of ancient old shows like Frazier on Lifetime rather than repeats of the current shows that one would assume they want people to watch here and now.  This has frustrated me from the beginning of the move to Lifetime - when PR was on Bravo it repeated endlessly throughout the week - now, if you don't catch it on the first night, they do one repeat on Saturday mornings, and that's it.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Anybody watch the "Designer Home Tours"? It was frustrating that some did not showcase any of their designs at all, but given the title, I guess they weren't required to do so.

The designer from Minnesota showed a few pieces that were very underwhelming. The woman into cosplay had some nice leather pieces. Those are the two that stood out as possible strong and weak designers, based on what was shown design-wise.

I watched a few of the Designer Home Tours online. 

I watched fade zu grau's....anyone else think that accent is put on?  It seems a little cartoon villain and affected.  However, whether it is real or not it is awesome.

Unfortunately, The Mitchel Perry introduced himself as "Mitch" in his clip.  Boo!  I wanted him to be all bizarre and third-person-y.  However, he has a coffee maker that he calls "Urethra" and likes to wear shorty jumpsuits so bonus points for that!    

(edited)

This might be more spoiler than speculation, but the "coming up this season" promo after last night's premiere shows the Top 9 at the "Rainway" show:

It's a little blurry so hard to be sure who's there, but it looks like the Top 9 are:

Front row: Emily, Char, Angela?, Korina?, Kini

Back row: Three short-haired men (Sean/Mitchell/Alexander?), Amanda

Edited by eatingpaste

From the Remaking an American Classic thread:

Heck. I posted an Instagram pic of Heidi's gown for tonight, thinking y'all might find a connection to this week's winning atrocity. Then I noticed a spoiler, courtesy of Heidi. Maybe. At least show-connected. Can't believe Heidi would be so stupid, but...
Let's just say there was a common design element shared between what won and what our favorite host wore tonight.

OMG!!! How stupid is Heidi! I saw her dress and sort of wondered to myself if it was another Roberto Cavalli dress since he's a designer she likes and he does a lot of that fringe-y style.

Then she later tweets that the dress was made by one of the season 13 designers. WTH? Heidi. That ep hasn't aired yet and people can easily speculate who won. Especially since there is only 1 designer who has shown such a love of fringe(Amanda).

I hope I'm wrong but PR hasn't been known for subtlety in a very long time. UGH!!!!!

Double UGH!!! Tim Gunn announced the designer on his FB page. Why bother watching next week?

Edited by Milaxx

From the Remaking an American Classic thread:

OMG!!! How stupid is Heidi! I saw her dress and sort of wondered to myself if it was another Roberto Cavalli dress since he's a designer she likes and he does a lot of that fringe-y style.

Then she later tweets that the dress was made by one of the season 13 designers. WTH? Heidi. That ep hasn't aired yet and people can easily speculate who won. Especially since there is only 1 designer who has shown such a love of fringe(Amanda).

I hope I'm wrong but PR hasn't been known for subtlety in a very long time. UGH!!!!!

I posted the quoted post originally (the Instagram pic), chuckling about the flurry of fringe, given what won this week. (Rewrote, then deleted completely, given the circumstances.) I won't post here, but the designer is named on two Instagram pics. Unless she's deleted them since this morning, the spoiler - whatever it might be - is there. She didn't indicate that it was a winning design (though that's not a great leap for several there who are complaining). Still, it was weird and thoughtless. And very, very public.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

Not that I'm teribbly upset about the spoiler, aside from the fact that it looks like Sean redeems himself I' m more just irritated that the producers didn't actually think about when the episode would air in relation to the event. Poor planning guys!

I will save my thoughts about the dress for the episode thread, aside from this: in the stills of Heidi twirling, she looks like the brushes in a car wash.

Eta: whoops, someone beat me to it!

Edited by catray

This strikes me as funny. Either Sean said to himself, "Can't beat Amanda? I'll join Amanda. So the judges like fringe? I'll give them f**king fringe! . . .or. . .There's aFringe Theme Night.

Probably there is a challenge to design a runway dress for Heidi.

• Love 3