Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

I just noticed an innovation on the spool here though - it has casters! Damn, wish I'd thought of that. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It was a mellow, relaxed way to entertain and decorate.  My era was the late 1950's.  Xword's was the 70's and it extended into your time frame of the 80's.  We must have been doing something right for it to last that long.

Mine was the 70's and we made do with what he had or could borrow or scrounge for free to live within our means.  My bookshelves and furniture consisted of milk crates (borrowed) and old trunks for the first 10 yrs. It kills me to see people the age I was then on HGTV shopping for their first home and expecting it to be their dream home with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops.  It took me until age 26 to afford a car, 33 to afford a house, and 65 to afford brand new appliances and quartz countertops (all paid for with cash, except the house w/30% down). 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Mine was the 70's and we made do with what he had or could borrow or scrounge for free to live within our means.  My bookshelves and furniture consisted of milk crates (borrowed) and old trunks for the first 10 yrs. It kills me to see people the age I was then on HGTV shopping for their first home and expecting it to be their dream home with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops.  It took me until age 26 to afford a car, 33 to afford a house, and 65 to afford brand new appliances and quartz countertops (all paid for with cash, except the house w/30% down). 

Amen Sister!!

• Like 2

Forgive the atrocious grammar

9B0F8829-D9D8-4D80-95AC-2F76391387A5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 19
  • Sad 1

Who is Caleb hugging?  From that angle, and with the long black hair, it looks nothing like Maddie.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who is Caleb hugging?  From that angle, and with the long black hair, it looks nothing like Maddie.

I thought the same thing!  Obviously it must be her but there is something wonky about her mouth.  Is she filtering as well?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I thought the same thing!  Obviously it must be her but there is something wonky about her mouth.  Is she filtering as well?

Look at his hand on her hip.  Looks like she trimmed off part of her hip/butt area, and stopped filtering right at the end of his fingers.

And I know NOTHING about how to do that stuff.  

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Look at his hand on her hip.  Looks like she trimmed off part of her hip/butt area, and stopped filtering right at the end of his fingers.

And I know NOTHING about how to do that stuff.  

Heck, Caleb himself looks to have dropped about 25 pounds based on this photo.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Heck, Caleb himself looks to have dropped about 25 pounds based on this photo.

Especially in his hands since his fingers seem to be about 1 inch long.

Do they seriously think we don't notice this stuff?  Her mouth seems to stretch from ear to ear.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

I didn't think that there was such a height difference between them.  But, the pose is so odd.  He's smiling straight into the camera, looking away from her.  And, to show that he is the love of her life, she is turning her body away and looking down toward the ground (or making sure that she's not stepping on his feet), which must require her to hold onto her hat.  Her face is contorted, and she's partially smirking.  He's holding her almost trying to turn her toward him.

I'm no photographer (or philosopher) like Sludge & Pudge, but this picture is really dumb.  The theme must be blue, because they coordinated their sloppy clothing and hat.  And nothing provides context like a textured wall.  Their bad acting extends to this candid photo.

Footnote: I think that Mary was shilling that hat a few years ago for LulaNo.  Maddie has hit rockbottom of fashion trends. 

Edited by Grifter Lives · Reason: "Sloppy," not "slopping," although they may do that.
  • Like 10

Maddie must have been taking filtering photo tips from Meri.  Check the disproportionate size of her hand to her facial features.  Her hand appears meaty and larger than Caleb's.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

On 6/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sandy W said:

Maddie must have been taking filtering photo tips from Meri.  Check the disproportionate size of her hand to her facial features.  Her hand appears meaty and larger than Caleb's.

And they try to pass these off as casual photos, not intentional poses - Maddie looking at her feet with an aw-shucks/Joker smile as she adjusts her floppy hat with her man hand, or Meri in full (off)Broadway stage makeup, encased in polyester on a 3-mile run without sweating, or Mariah in any and every photo (not filtered, but not caught off guard either).  Nope, we don't believe any of it.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

That may be Meri’s photoshop skills she’s borrowed, but it’s definitely Mariah’s ‘oops have I just stepped in dogs**t?’ signature pose. I’m sure they think it makes them appear woke and aloof, although to anyone who isn’t a pretentious try-hard, it just appears they have now got canine poop stuck on their clodhoppers. 

67AF71F2-C199-4B20-9606-72A5456905CF.thumb.jpeg.e4712e28c748727c69b5f16d65d22bd3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 14

Not sure where they all get the idea that this is attractive.  First of all, none of them are photogenic.  Second, those poses aren't seen in fashion magazines, are they?  This COL hasn't picked one up in years so maybe they are.  Third, stop with the filtering, the shapes you are creating are not known in nature.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I'm really fond of the middle one on the bottom.  That's a great what did I just step in pose.

• Laugh 10

5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm really fond of the middle one on the bottom.  That's a great what did I just step in pose.

Top left one as well - you can almost hear her saying, "what the ---- is on my shoe?!"

• Laugh 10

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She is such a cutie

• Like 14

That is one adorable child.  And unlike the rest of the family she seems to smile all of the time.

• Like 18

On 6/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, ginger90 said:

Now that is an adorable, unposed, unfiltered, very natural photo.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 14

15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A truly beautiful baby girl! So full of sunshine. I believe that the color yellow is connected to the solar plexus chakra and it deals in the areas of our will and self-determination.  Evie is gonna need lots of that to face down her physical trials, so it's no wonder that Maddie keeps thinking of that color when thinking of Evie.  Beautiful pic.

• Like 10

Little sweetheart!  That is the cutest pic I've seen Maddie post, of the two of them.

• Like 10

Gross, Maddie.  I have two kids and neither of them licked crackers and put them in my bed.  Perhaps that's because it's common sense to not let toddlers - who are messy by nature - eat snacks in your bed.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4

I thought it was gross myself but I'm not a mom so I thought that might be considered normal even though we weren't allowed to eat in bed unless we were sick. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Gross, Maddie.  I have two kids and neither of them licked crackers and put them in my bed.  Perhaps that's because it's common sense to not let toddlers - who are messy by nature - eat snacks in your bed.

While I was growing up and when raising my daughter, food and beverage was only allowed in the kitchen/dining area.  Absolutely nothing in the living room or bedrooms.  We had to sit at the table to eat even if it was a snack.  Living in Texas we have ants really bad.  Food just attracts them.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Has Axlebrush ever eaten a snack or meal at a table?  I've only seen him eat on the floor, on couches, and in bed.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

When I was a kid (I’m 49), had I stolen a snack, licked cheese off of it, and HIDDEN IT IN MY PARENTS BED I would have been able to sit for a week.   I had clear boundaries.  

• Like 12

Very nice family photo. LOL at Little Miss Evie's "whatever" expression.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 5

Axel has been smiling a lot more lately. It's a good look for him.

• Like 9

Gracious, didn't recognize Axel with his big smile!  A nice looking family.  😊

• Like 6

Maddie took down her Instagram account. No clue why. The last post I’m aware of was for the Fourth of July. Caleb has made his private.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 7

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maddie took down her Instagram account. No clue why. The last post I’m aware of was for the Fourth of July. Caleb has made his private.

I hope everything is ok with Evie.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I hope everything is ok with Evie.  

That is what worries me, that sweet girl has a hard road ahead and maybe the family decided to not put her out there any more. Good for them!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

That is what worries me, that sweet girl has a hard road ahead and maybe the family decided to not put her out there any more. Good for them!

My guess is that TLC is filming them as they start the process of Evie's surgeries. I believe that children with FATCO syndrome start this at age 1 and Evie is approaching her firsr birthday.

• Useful 5

1 minute ago, Teafortwo said:

My guess is that TLC is filming them as they start the process of Evie's surgeries. I believe that children with FATCO syndrome start this at age 1 and Evie is approaching her firsr birthday.

I hope with a hope beyond anything that they will not use sweet child as a story line!

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

7 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I hope with a hope beyond anything that they will not use sweet child as a story line!

Unfortunately,  I believe they will do it, under the guise of raising awareness of limb differences.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

I would be surprised if they didn't.  And if/when Ysabel has her scoliosis surgery, it will also be camera fodder.  Gotta keep those TLC checks coming in somehow....although I would love it so much if Caleb put his foot down and refused to film his baby girl's surgeries so his clown-ass father in law cannot profit from it.

• Like 12

20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wasn't she using running her homebased business on it?  There goes that income, if any.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Wasn't she using running her homebased business on it?  There goes that income, if any.

Her Facebook page for Lemons and Lace hasn't had a posting since May 30th.

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

She has a new IG now, but it's privatized. 

Just like Logan and Hunter. 

Maybe they're just done with it - the scrutiny. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

47 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She has a new IG now, but it's privatized. 

Just like Logan and Hunter. 

Maybe they're just done with it - the scrutiny. 

I wouldn't blame her, she has a real tough road ahead of her with that sweet girl's medical issues. I wouldn't want to be out there where every Tom, Dick and Jane had something to say about what I was doing wrong. Nobody's business but Mom and Dad.

Edited by Gramto6 · Reason: typo
  • Like 16