Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Recommended Posts


38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does Caleb work at Southern Elevator?

Sounds more reasonable than moving across country to work at Home Depot.  Since his cousin/friend got him the job, I always thought that it had to be something more specific than working at another Home Depot.   Maddie has complained that he has to be out of town a lot and there are few elevator manufacturers, installers and repair people (hence the several weeks' or months' waits when a part breaks and has to be made from scratch), so he may work in several SE US cities.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sounds more reasonable than moving across country to work at Home Depot.  Since his cousin/friend got him the job, I always thought that it had to be something more specific than working at another Home Depot.   Maddie has complained that he has to be out of town a lot and there are few elevator manufacturers, installers and repair people (hence the several weeks' or months' waits when a part breaks and has to be made from scratch), so he may work in several SE US cities.  

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if they have a health plan and or other benefits that made it attractive to them as well.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Maddie wanted a one-woman man, but she acts like she needs a Christine-like sister wife to raise her kids.

I certainly hope that Caleb's job came with a good health plan and benefits.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, I feel bad for Maddie being so far from her family.  She really does need more support from the Moms and the siblings than she gets.  I hope she doesn't start thinking that polygamy would be a good thing for her.  Although, I am glad to see that Caleb has a good job.  Maybe  someday he can find a similar job closer to some of the family.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Actually, I feel bad for Maddie being so far from her family.  She really does need more support from the Moms and the siblings than she gets.  I hope she doesn't start thinking that polygamy would be a good thing for her.  Although, I am glad to see that Caleb has a good job.  Maybe  someday he can find a similar job closer to some of the family.

I'm of a different opinion. I think Maddie has wanted separation from the family for years now. Remember the episode when she moved to university? As soon as she got in her apartment/dorm she made Kody and Janelle leave. 

I don't think Caleb makes Maddie do anything against her will. She's got spunk, unlike her passive mom, and I think she's furious about the way Meri has treated Janelle (and herself) for years and couldn't tolerate being around that anymore.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

It is unfortunate that this is a perfect situation where Maddie could use some help from her large extended family - but that same family has done so much damage to her psyche in the form of constant uprooting, watching her mother have to dill with being undermined by a horrible bonus mom, and also watching her father do nothing about it - that she's now across the country without that family support.

Good job, Kodork.  By the time it's all said and done, he's probably only going to have Sol and Arabelliola dropping by to visit the family compound.  The rest of his kids will be scattered to the wind.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It is unfortunate that this is a perfect situation where Maddie could use some help from her large extended family - but that same family has done so much damage to her psyche in the form of constant uprooting, watching her mother have to dill with being undermined by a horrible bonus mom, and also watching her father do nothing about it - that she's now across the country without that family support.

Good job, Kodork.  By the time it's all said and done, he's probably only going to have Sol and Arabelliola dropping by to visit the family compound.  The rest of his kids will be scattered to the wind.

Don't forget how poorly Meri allegedly treated Maddie when she was selling LLR as part of her downline, causing Maddie to lash out on Twitter and unload about how poorly Meri has treated her for her entire lIfe.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I lived in Greenville, NC until recently and there is not a Home Depot, but there is a Southern Elevator! I’m glad someone caught that, because I have been so curious why anyone would move across the US to little Greenville. 

My husband works in a similar industry and commutes back to Greenville for work (and also travels a lot). They have constant turnover with the techs and have a hard time finding someone with enough common sense. I can see why the business would hire someone who came recommended even if it meant he had to move. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh. It does make more sense if Caleb has to travel for his work.  Maddie never seemed like she was one of the kids who was constantly helping the parents like Logan and Aspyn. In her world there were lots of kids to distract other kids and lots of moms in and out around the clock. So being a young mother with two kids back to back, and one with health issues and the other well...is a toddler, and THEN....her husband travels...yea I get it a lot more.

My husband has traveled for work since my second child was 6 months old. 24 years now. When he started I had returned to work and had a 6 month old and a 4 year old at home. He was usually gone M-F but some weekends as well.  The only way for this to work is for the wife at home to be capable of running things and juggling what needs to be juggled.  It is NOT easy and I can imagine since Maddie is so far away from her support system of Janelle and Christine she turns to the internet as we have seen with her posts that are whining and complaining about every little thing. Hopefully she can find community where she lives and use the technology to stay in touch with family...but I also can see the point that DakotaJustice made upthread that Maddie has always wanted away from the family.  Its a "be careful what you wish for" when you get what you want. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I lived in Greenville, NC until recently and there is not a Home Depot, but there is a Southern Elevator! I’m glad someone caught that, because I have been so curious why anyone would move across the US to little Greenville. 

My husband works in a similar industry and commutes back to Greenville for work (and also travels a lot). They have constant turnover with the techs and have a hard time finding someone with enough common sense. I can see why the business would hire someone who came recommended even if it meant he had to move. 

I get the idea that Maddie and Caleb were both raised in rural areas (Lehi these days is becoming more Silicon Valley-ish, but it wasn't the only place they lived - they didn't move there until 2005) and perhaps they're more comfortable living in a small place. My late dad was born and raised in NC. The Carolinas are lovely.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Ahh. It does make more sense if Caleb has to travel for his work.  Maddie never seemed like she was one of the kids who was constantly helping the parents like Logan and Aspyn. In her world there were lots of kids to distract other kids and lots of moms in and out around the clock. So being a young mother with two kids back to back, and one with health issues and the other well...is a toddler, and THEN....her husband travels...yea I get it a lot more.

My husband has traveled for work since my second child was 6 months old. 24 years now. When he started I had returned to work and had a 6 month old and a 4 year old at home. He was usually gone M-F but some weekends as well.  The only way for this to work is for the wife at home to be capable of running things and juggling what needs to be juggled.  It is NOT easy and I can imagine since Maddie is so far away from her support system of Janelle and Christine she turns to the internet as we have seen with her posts that are whining and complaining about every little thing. Hopefully she can find community where she lives and use the technology to stay in touch with family...but I also can see the point that DakotaJustice made upthread that Maddie has always wanted away from the family.  Its a "be careful what you wish for" when you get what you want. 

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

Exactly! Organization is key.  I still carry on with my organized routine and I now only have a dog, cat and chickens with household and garden maintenance.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Routines also mean learning to say no consistently until you don't need to say it at all because kiddo knows that he cannot stay up past bedtime or eat candy bars instead of dinner, and quits asking.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Yes.  Maddie, you and Caleb are the adults here.  Set boundaries, and the kids will know you mean business.  Physical punishment won't be needed.  Your words spoken firmly and consistently will work.  Consistence is key.  Caving into tantrums tells the kids they are in charge.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

Too true. My mom had 4 daughters in 4 years. Dad worked full time and traveled on business. My grandparents were 3000 miles away. There was no internet, no Roomba, no Pampers. But we were well behaved (for the most part) and the house was always neat as a pin (we all had chores of course). 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Kids thrive with structure and routine. I am not saying don't have fun or change the routine once in a while to go out and do fun stuff but it literally makes all the difference in the world to have set times to do things, and activities to keep the child busy and learning instead of just putting them in front of a tv.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_502.jpg

Must every minute detail of her life be shared?  I am surprised she doesn't post diaper changes.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_529.jpg

rsz_screenshot_530.jpg

Progress!!!  I guess Caleb doesn't use a binkie.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_532.jpg

Isn't that the goal of every parent, to raise healthy kids that grow and someday become independent.

She will be loathsome when the day comes that she will be an "Empty Nester".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If Maddie's not keeping Axel's clothes, she may be done having kids.  

Nothing wrong with limiting family size.  I was one and done.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nothing wrong with limiting family size.  I was one and done.

Me too. I thought I would like to have 2 or 3 but after I became acquainted with something called Labor And Delivery I said "Fuck. That." They say you forget the pain. Ha! I have no idea how some women decide to have more than one kid but I do tip my hat to their vaginas. Their poor, poor vaginas. Gah! 

I hope no one tries to pressure or shame Maddie and Caleb if they are stopping where they're at. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

It would be perfectly reasonable to stop at two given their circumstances.  

Regarding having a second child a good friend once told me once you pave the road you might as well drive down it.  The second pass at labor and delivery was at least for me more than twice as fast with less than half the discomfort.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It would be perfectly reasonable to stop at two given their circumstances.  

Regarding having a second child a good friend once told me once you pave the road you might as well drive down it.  The second pass at labor and delivery was at least for me more than twice as fast with less than half the discomfort.

Same here... I thought I was gonna die with the first one, was in labor forever and it took a while to recover so it was a nice surprise when number 2 was a lot faster and nowhere near the pain or recovery 👍

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If Maddie's not keeping Axel's clothes, she may be done having kids.  

Nothing wrong with limiting family size.  I was one and done.

So apparently because the little one is a girl they can't keep ANY of Axel's clothes?  A striped toddler t-shirt is a striped toddler t-shirt - I don't think the sex of the toddler actually matters.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Absolom said:

It would be perfectly reasonable to stop at two given their circumstances.  

Regarding having a second child a good friend once told me once you pave the road you might as well drive down it.  The second pass at labor and delivery was at least for me more than twice as fast with less than half the discomfort.

 

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here... I thought I was gonna die with the first one, was in labor forever and it took a while to recover so it was a nice surprise when number 2 was a lot faster and nowhere near the pain or recovery 👍

lol I'm always the "birth story" in the room that pisses off other Mums.  I went into labor hearing so many stories of 24 hour labors etc that I was quite terrified.  Because of so many reasons with my first I wasn't expecting labor when it happened.  But from the first contraction to delivery was 2 hours on the nose.  My second beat that from the first dose of pitocin to delivery was 1 hour 50 minutes.

It was horrid and painful to watch Maddies birthing in the tub on the show.  I know my labors were considered very easy, but even then...after the second I just knew that I was SO done. I can't imagine ever wanting another after what she went through. How on earth would she have cameras there a second time after the nightmare of the first.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

My sister did that for me.  It's nice not to have to buy everything new.  I know Aspyn at least has indicated she wants "redheaded kids."  With 17 siblings, Maddie could have considered doing that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So apparently because the little one is a girl they can't keep ANY of Axel's clothes?  A striped toddler t-shirt is a striped toddler t-shirt - I don't think the sex of the toddler actually matters.

Easy come, easy go, the red pants would be cute on a little girl too.  Considering Axel was first grandchild, I would venture a guess that most of the clothes were gifts from family.  I wonder if she donated them to a worthy cause or took them to one of those places that give credit to purchase other items.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

And toddler jeans are toddler jeans, already softened by multiple wearings and washings.  No need to buy $100 designer toddler jeans.  And apparently LuLaNo no longer makes kids' clothes (they were flammable and the US has laws against that).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

At the very least, I hope she donated them somewhere.  I get rid of all my kids’ old clothes by posting them for free on Facebook lol.  It saves me the trip to the Salvation Army drop off.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, OliversMom said:

At the very least, I hope she donated them somewhere.  I get rid of all my kids’ old clothes by posting them for free on Facebook lol.  It saves me the trip to the Salvation Army drop off.  

Do we know for sure that she didn't mail them to Flagstaff?  I would hope by now she would know people in Greenville that she could hand them down to another family.   I used to get hand-me-downs from the neighbors with older children and then give them to neighbors with younger ones.  And we passed around the school uniforms the same way.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I still think it's sad that Savanah wasn't a junior bridesmaid for Maddie.  Many sisters do that for one another.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceeb

rsz_screenshot_545.jpg

So I'm guessing that Janelle and Savanah are in N.Carolina for a visit with Maddie, Caleb and the kids.  I doubt that the Brush bunch are in Flagstaff for Meri's birthday celebrations.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Wouldn’t Savannah be in school?

According to a post by Janelle, they are there for the weekend. Schools are most likely closed tomorrow.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t mind Maddie posting so much because she’s probably still try to get some kick back as an influencer.  It does bother me her kids don’t have a choice what is shared about them and the fact she seems miserable most of the time.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if she and/or Caleb are re-evaluating their "no social safety net" politics now that they have a child who has serious, lifelong physical disabilities. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_545.jpg

You'd think a person with four mothers would be familiar with the saying "If you keep making that face, it is going to stay like that".  So these sistahs from opposite sides of the country watch TV (or themselves on IG) instead of communing with each other during their rare weekend visit?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_582.jpg

and Miss Evie K is giving us all the middle finger

Just like her grandpa Kootie did on a tell-nothing.  She did it better.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

You'd think a person with four mothers would be familiar with the saying "If you keep making that face, it is going to stay like that".  So these sistahs from opposite sides of the country watch TV (or themselves on IG) instead of communing with each other during their rare weekend visit?

Yeah, I don't understand Maddie's 'tude in this picture at all. It almost looks like she's making fun of Savanah and Savanah is totally unaware.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Maddie explained a few months ago on Instagram that Evie's middle finger has no joint, so it is always like this.

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Yeah, I don't understand Maddie's 'tude in this picture at all. It almost looks like she's making fun of Savanah and Savanah is totally unaware.

If I was Savannah, I'd be pissed about that very unattractive photo. It makes her look like a drooling mouth breather.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size