Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Maddie is entering Duggar territory.  Get married, get pregnant right away, give up your dreams, move back home and a possibly unemployed husband hanging around the house.  If they start tweeting harsh Bible verses, we will know the transformation is complete.

Reality tv has really done a number on the kids raised in this environment.  Logan (and possibly Mariah) are the exceptions to the rule.  It's sad, really.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, toodles said:

Maddie is entering Duggar territory.  Get married, get pregnant right away, give up your dreams, move back home and a possibly unemployed husband hanging around the house.  If they start tweeting harsh Bible verses, we will know the transformation is complete.

Reality tv has really done a number on the kids raised in this environment.  Logan (and possibly Mariah) are the exceptions to the rule.  It's sad, really.

Logan, Mariah, and Aspyn all seem to be their own people and to work hard. Mykelti is very very immature but she at least has continued with her goals so far. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Logan, Mariah, and Aspyn all seem to be their own people and to work hard. Mykelti is very very immature but she at least has continued with her goals so far. 

I forgot about Aspyn.  She is a great young woman.

• Love 3

And the two boys with an eye toward the military (I can't remember any of their names) seem to be heading in a good direction.  There is a way to be raised by a troop of morons and still turn out well without selling your soul for 15 minutes of fame.  

Maddie had a promising start but definitely drank the Koolaid - apparently in a wedding toast with her hubby.  They have joined the sideshow Brown Clowns and will shill for bucks as long as possible.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Logan, Mariah, and Aspyn all seem to be their own people and to work hard. 

I feel the same way about Hunter and Garrison. 

Mariah's and Maddie's diverging paths are so interesting to me. It wasn't too long ago that I would have bet Mariah would have been the one pregnant and married while Maddie rebelled against her upbringing. 

• Love 7

Garrison endeared himself to me, when he had the cojones to stand up to his asshat father to complain about King Solomon.  Of course, Janelle was quick to put G in his place, too bad.  No wonder G left the cult-de-sac as soon as he could.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mamey2422 said:

I feel the same way about Hunter and Garrison. 

Mariah's and Maddie's diverging paths are so interesting to me. It wasn't too long ago that I would have bet Mariah would have been the one pregnant and married while Maddie rebelled against her upbringing. 

Yeah, I always forget about them because they're rarely discussed on the show. I agree. Maddie is the one anomaly. Weird. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Perhaps Maddie is actually the Princess instead of Mariah.  Makes sense as she is the oldest female in Kody's favorite batch of children.  She wasn't forced to do a lot of the care like Aspyn.

If I were Aspyn I'd wait so damn long to have kids. That poor girl. 

As for the princess thing, I think so. Mariah might have been spoiled financially but her mother was the "barren" one who was extra needy with Kody. Kody seems neutral towards Mariah. And Kody treats Christine's kids with disdain. I get the sense that Jenelle's kids were his favorite because it was a lower drama atmosphere. Very few emotional demands on him. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Perhaps Maddie is actually the Princess instead of Mariah.  Makes sense as she is the oldest female in Kody's favorite batch of children.  She wasn't forced to do a lot of the care like Aspyn.

Sobbin' s kids are the favorite batch.Janelle used to have the favorites.  I'm sure it's no coincidence that the oldest boys got the hell out of the cuddle sac as soon as they could.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Sobbin' s kids are the favorite batch.Janelle used to have the favorites.  I'm sure it's no coincidence that the oldest boys got the hell out of the cuddle sac as soon as they could.

Janelle's older children are Kody's original favorites. Robyn's children were like a game to Kody. He wanted to win their regard and loyalty. If rumors are believed, he barely sees Robyn now. 

8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Janelle's older children are Kody's original favorites. Robyn's children were like a game to Kody. He wanted to win their regard and loyalty. If rumors are believed, he barely sees Robyn now. 

Because Robyn made sure her kids were always happy to see him. They were made to be happy to always see him and give him all the attention he wanted.  So of course they became his favorite.  Walk into Janelle's house or Christine's? Those kids aren't to happy to see him. They know him, he's let them down many times, he never tells the truth, always has to have the attention himself and his gone the second there's trouble or someone might be mad at him. Or expect him to be a husband and/or father. Kody being Kody doesn't care about that or like that very much or see how anything is his fault. So he rarely shows up. Why would Logan be happy to see him? Logan's the one busy doing the Dad duties. Aspyn is busy doing the Mom duties. Robyn and her kids gave him what he wanted to feel like King and have everyone running to him and wanting to bask in his glory, and listen to him. It just never occurred to the genius that it was all a plan for Robyn to get what she wanted to get legal status and now that Robyn has it...she doesn't have to do any of that anymore.

• Love 9

Caleb is almost a decade older than Maddie. Instead of establishing himself as the man of the house...they have no house while Kody (as he barked out at the coffee place in Hawaii) is the General & leader of the family (that includes Caleb & Maddie). Kody calls the shots & they are expected to obey him. 

Caleb should go (real life) work before he finds himself totally emasculated. Maddie already leads him around by the nose & expects him to say "yes...you're my angel...my princess...my queen" on demand.

Before the wedding I assumed that Caleb's father would not be the type co-sign the nonsense...but going along with that silly "son...get down on your knees" knighting put that notion  right  out the window. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

Caleb is almost a decade older than Maddie. Instead of establishing himself as the man of the house...they have no house while Kody (as he barked out at the coffee place in Hawaii) is the General & leader of the family (that includes Caleb & Maddie). Kody calls the shots & they are expected to obey him. 

Caleb should go (real life) work before he finds himself totally emasculated. Maddie already leads him around by the nose & expects him to say "yes...you're my angel...my princess...my queen" on demand.

Before the wedding I assumed that Caleb's father would not be the type co-sign the nonsense...but going along with that silly "son...get down on your knees" knighting put that notion  right  out the window. 

Great post!  This "reality show" is getting to look more & more like Dim Bulb and his hugely oversized (and creepy) fambly.  Dear Caleb better man up before it's too late.  I too hated that Caleb's father went along with that bullshit knighting thing.  

• Love 4

Maddie needs to go up a size in those LulaRoe outfits before she pops the seams. She's making me smother and strangle just looking at how tight they are. What is it with these women and sausage casing clothes? We don't need to see underwear bulges and belly button outlines that wouldn't be there if they'd wear clothes that fit.

• Love 6
(edited)

So wait...Maddie told Caleb, "you need to quit your job that you love and move to Vegas with me so I can help Meri unload 367 pounds of freakishly decorated leggings," and he was okay with that?  What is Caleb doing while Maddie "helps" Meri?  What does this "helping" entail?  Is Meri actually making so much profit that Maddie can support herself, her husband and new baby shilling ugly clothes online?

At least we know Kody is deliriously happy that his man-crush is just a cuddle-sac away.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What is Caleb doing while Maddie "helps" Meri?

Probably hanging out with his adoring father-in-law while collecting money from TLC as part of the Brown Clown Gravy Train.

Edited by Kohola3
Edited because it is a speculation.
  • Love 6
On 2/24/2017 at 6:04 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Maddie needs to go up a size in those LulaRoe outfits before she pops the seams. She's making me smother and strangle just looking at how tight they are. What is it with these women and sausage casing clothes? We don't need to see underwear bulges and belly button outlines that wouldn't be there if they'd wear clothes that fit.

So true, I even had to snark on the mother's dress Janelle wore to the wedding, for the belly button info I didn't need to know.

Dear Caleb is totally under the spell of easy TLC money.  Why he would want to be near his bromancing FIL, I can't imagine.  I wonder what his earning potential will be after taking time off to just lay around the cult-de-sac?  Maddie was going to be a law-yerrrr, wasn't she? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So wait...Maddie told Caleb, "you need to quit your job that you love and move to Vegas with me so I can help Meri unload 367 pounds of freakishly decorated leggings," and he was okay with that?  What is Caleb doing while Maddie "helps" Meri?  What does this "helping" entail?  Is Meri actually making so much profit that Maddie can support herself, her husband and new baby shilling ugly clothes online?

At least we know Kody is deliriously happy that his man-crush is just a cuddle-sac away.

She's just Meri's assistant. I'm guessing they get to stay at Meri's rent free in exchange. 

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And here I thought Caleb had a legit job and was actually working for a living.  No wonder Kody has a crush on him - he sees a kindred spirit.

I think he's in the field where you get laid off/furloughed several times each year. 

On 3/1/2017 at 11:26 PM, DakotaJustice said:

She's just Meri's assistant. I'm guessing they get to stay at Meri's rent free in exchange. 

LuLaRoe consultants have to photography every piece of clothing in their inventory. I watched a YT video of a consultant who was quitting LLR because of how much time photography took. I bet Maddie helps with that plus managing inventory and shipping. If Meri offers free/reduced rent in return I bet it' works out well for each of them. 

On 2/21/2017 at 7:24 PM, Lm2162 said:

If I were Aspyn I'd wait so damn long to have kids. That poor girl. 

My wife knows almost exactly how she feels. My wife is the oldest of five and was the one responsible for taking care of the others, cooking, and cleaning during the times both their parents worked. Some of the time, their mother was a housewife and managed those responsibilities. But any time her parents needed a babysitter for the others, my wife was conscripted. That happened even after I met my wife and started dating her. We had a few dates that we had to either cancel or amend in light of her suddenly having to babysit. It wasn't malicious on her parents' part, though; they just never stopped to think about how that affected my wife during her teen years. (Her oldest sister, who is only 1 year her junior, was never conscripted for babysitting. She was pretty rebellious and so it's probably a reflection of their parents' lack of trust in her at that time.)

• Love 4
On 3/14/2017 at 5:34 PM, CofCinci said:

Movin' up from Meri's busywork....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJfp0Tg5nI/

I'm sure she'll be promoting waist trainers like the other teen moms once the baby is born.

Ugh. That post was positively putrid. Hawking some ugly sunglasses in a horrid crushed velvet shirt and jeans. And talking up the company because they "donate" a pair of reading glasses to people who need them. I very much doubt that they're donating custom made eye wear that matches the recipients' prescriptions. They're probably taking the prescription glasses that people who are buying new ones no longer want and donating those, and just getting them to people where the prescription is the nearest match possible.

And now that I've got my rant on, I would like to say just how sick and tired I am of people doing shit like Maddie did with that post. What I mean is posting about something on social media where they think the post itself is going to have any positive impact and then considering themselves to have done something charitable. Here's an idea (probably a novel one for those fuckwits): Go do something actually charitable! Make some sandwiches or something and pass them out to the homeless. Go help in a soup kitchen or a shelter. Donate money to directly help people get glasses with the correct prescription. But for the love of everything holy, please stop pretending that you're doing something charitable or beneficent by doing something you were going to do anyway.

That said, I will admit that I don't do a lot of charitable things. At the same time, I don't pretend that buying something I was going to buy anyway is in some way a charitable act simply because the company I purchased from is doing something charitable because of my purchase. Example: I purchased a new belt from Mission Belt (they were on Shark Tank). They do something charitable because of my purchase (see how much attention I paid to that?). But that had nothing to do with my purchase (yes, I bet you are shocked to read that! LOL); I just wanted a decent belt that was as nearly infinitely adjustable as possible and I didn't care how much I had to pay to get it. (It was $50, which is more than what I'd pay for a crappy belt with holes in it at Target or Wal-Mart, and totally worth the cost.) Of course, when I actually do something charitable, you won't hear about it from me, either. Doing something charitable is like my birthday: I don't want people to know it happened and I only want to celebrate it with select people close to me. (And in the case of my birthday, the only person I celebrate it with is my wife. Come to think of it, that's the only person who'd know I did something charitable, too. Hmmm, weird.)

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Ugh. That post was positively putrid. Hawking some ugly sunglasses in a horrid crushed velvet shirt and jeans. And talking up the company because they "donate" a pair of reading glasses to people who need them. I very much doubt that they're donating custom made eye wear that matches the recipients' prescriptions. They're probably taking the prescription glasses that people who are buying new ones no longer want and donating those, and just getting them to people where the prescription is the nearest match possible.

And now that I've got my rant on, I would like to say just how sick and tired I am of people doing shit like Maddie did with that post. What I mean is posting about something on social media where they think the post itself is going to have any positive impact and then considering themselves to have done something charitable. Here's an idea (probably a novel one for those fuckwits): Go do something actually charitable! Make some sandwiches or something and pass them out to the homeless. Go help in a soup kitchen or a shelter. Donate money to directly help people get glasses with the correct prescription. But for the love of everything holy, please stop pretending that you're doing something charitable or beneficent by doing something you were going to do anyway.

That said, I will admit that I don't do a lot of charitable things. At the same time, I don't pretend that buying something I was going to buy anyway is in some way a charitable act simply because the company I purchased from is doing something charitable because of my purchase. Example: I purchased a new belt from Mission Belt (they were on Shark Tank). They do something charitable because of my purchase (see how much attention I paid to that?). But that had nothing to do with my purchase (yes, I bet you are shocked to read that! LOL); I just wanted a decent belt that was as nearly infinitely adjustable as possible and I didn't care how much I had to pay to get it. (It was $50, which is more than what I'd pay for a crappy belt with holes in it at Target or Wal-Mart, and totally worth the cost.) Of course, when I actually do something charitable, you won't hear about it from me, either. Doing something charitable is like my birthday: I don't want people to know it happened and I only want to celebrate it with select people close to me. (And in the case of my birthday, the only person I celebrate it with is my wife. Come to think of it, that's the only person who'd know I did something charitable, too. Hmmm, weird.)

This is the Brown/grifter way of life.  I don't want to work for a living, but buy whatever crap I'm trying to sell.  Crappy leggings, fugly overpriced joorey, a "lifestyle" program you can get for free on a million websites and who knows what else.  Wrap it as a charitable donation as well and you have the whole package.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Maddie taking notes from the Kardashians on how to make money.  Just post a pic of yourself, drop the company name, and cash the check.  Nice.

I don't care that she did this (it's common with bloggers so I guess it's a thing now); but she should know I'm far less likely to buy anything promoted that way.

• Love 1

A "woodland themed" baby shower?  It looks more like a Monster Truck Rally themed baby shower if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Couldn't even put on a decent shirt for his wife's shower?  And, lord, that scraggly beard.  Yuck.

Aww come one!  Caleb wore a clean his best flannel shirt!  And note the snazzy trucker cap.  I wouldn't be surprised if he put a fresh pinch of chew between his cheek and gum for the occasion just to be festive.  Got himself a fresh empty can of Mountain Dew out of the recycling bin to spit in.

That flowered corsage belt around Maddie's belly is kind of stupid looking.  Is this a new thing preggos are doing to celebrate themselves these days? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That flowered corsage belt around Maddie's belly is kind of stupid looking.  Is this a new thing preggos are doing to celebrate themselves these days? 

Never saw one but they are out there. I'd bet Aspyn made Maddie's though.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=flower+sash+maternity&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=181877725123&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12838087673639986543&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006922&hvtargid=kwd-337745591967&ref=pd_sl_5doz2zj56u_b_p19

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh for pete's sake ... I should have known.  I was joking and it turns out to be real.  

Never underestimate the power of Pinterest to start some sort of stupid craze.  Chalkboards, mason jars, candy tables at weddings, flower sashes and such.  Yup, that's Pinterest.  I like Pinterest as much as anyone, but good lord.

• Love 4

I adore this couple.  In the late 60s my husband had a beard and wore flannel shirts in the winter.  That is what country or alternative guys do in the northwest.  They are adorable!  He doesn't need to change his clothes or shave for me to see the good, authentic guy who loves her dearly.   She will laugh at the flower belt in time. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

In the late 60s my husband had a beard and wore flannel shirts in the winter.

So does my brother-in-law but he does clean up when the occasion warrants it.  Of course if they're both unemployed and living off the TLC bucks maybe he can't afford a new shirt.  They had a lot of promise but I fear they are the Brown Grifters 2.0 selling their souls to the tabloids.

• Love 4

Agreed - she just seems a bit too large for 7 months.  I am very small and always looked further along than I was because there was nowhere for the baby to go.  Even I wasn't that large at 7 months.   Fudging the date doesn't make much sense though as they have already been married almost 10 months.  Wedding was June 4. 

*Then again, the Brown family logic confuses me every time.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

A "woodland themed" baby shower?  It looks more like a Monster Truck Rally themed baby shower if you ask me.

Aww come one!  Caleb wore a clean his best flannel shirt!  And note the snazzy trucker cap.  I wouldn't be surprised if he put a fresh pinch of chew between his cheek and gum for the occasion just to be festive.  Got himself a fresh empty can of Mountain Dew out of the recycling bin to spit in.

Kind of?  HA!  You are being very generous.  I don't know why they both look slovenly.  She has that 'I've given up on my youth' look going on.  May not be too long before she and her mom look like contemporaries.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

May not be too long before she and her mom look like contemporaries.  

Be careful! This is likely to give at least some of us nightmares. And I already had my fair share of (non-Brown-cult related) nightmares last night.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2017 at 6:27 PM, Kohola3 said:

So does my brother-in-law but he does clean up when the occasion warrants it.  Of course if they're both unemployed and living off the TLC bucks maybe he can't afford a new shirt.  They had a lot of promise but I fear they are the Brown Grifters 2.0 selling their souls to the tabloids.

Maddie was born into this and Caleb married into it.  It is was not a conscious decision!  Clearly they get pay when they are on an episode but they rarely are.  They seem like nice kids to me.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:30 PM, Natalie68 said:

Kind of?  HA!  You are being very generous.  I don't know why they both look slovenly.  She has that 'I've given up on my youth' look going on.  May not be too long before she and her mom look like contemporaries.  

Again, I will defend.  LOL!  I don't see slovenly at all.   Caleb dresses like a guy who grew up in the rural northwest.  She looks good.  Our personal style changes over time, mine did.  I wore long Indian print skirts and dresses in the 60s and I am sure many looked down their nose at me, putting me in the lazy hippie category.  I had a full time well paying job (flight attendant) at the time.  No one would have guessed that!   My husband was the chief engineer for a manufacturing company.  He kept his beard trimmed and wore appropriate clothes to work.  Caleb would do the same if a job required that.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4