Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Folks, all further discussion of grammar & pronunciation belongs in Small Talk - we've gone way too far off of the point of this thread, which is discussion of Maddie. Please stick to Maddie here!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Brushlet," good one!  

Looks like soon for brushlet #2.  Is Janelle's bathtub ready?  

From what I've heard, restrictions apply on filming at Janelle's rental, so they may have to beg permission to employ one of Robyn's many tubs.  Either that or set up a tub in the warehouse facility they have rented for filming purposes, for sure they won't miss an opportunity to capitalize on this event.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Might want to have waited until the Brushlet stopped picking his nose to snap the picture.

OMG, I was so busy admiring the Governor's Palace that I didn't even notice.  I love Colonial Williamsburg!

16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

From what I've heard, restrictions apply on filming at Janelle's rental, so they may have to beg permission to employ one of Robyn's many tubs.  Either that or set up a tub in the warehouse facility they have rented for filming purposes, for sure they won't miss an opportunity to capitalize on this event.

Fingers crossed she doesn't feel up to making the long road trip to AZ and stays comfortably at home with her own hospital/tub.  I never need to see or hear her labor again.  (My prediction:  Janelle will go for a visit and get totally off her diet and exercise routine.)

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I love Colonial Williamsburg!  I am a little biased because I did my culinary school intership there... a very amazing experience! 

However.  I am truly amazed that they managed a very lovely snap at the Governor's palace with NOT ONE other person in the photo!? Not even an Interpreter.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting that Maddie was the only one to publicly acknowledge him on social media (that I’ve seen anyway)? She mustn’t have got the memo there’s no point smoozing him as her inheritance is still dwindling fast. 

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/06/15/sister-wives-kody-brown-family-continue-facing-growing-debt-after-arizona-move/

Surprising though, as these are people that photograph the most mundane aspects of their everyday lives, their shoes, laptops, inspirational coffee mugs, flat tires and limp salads on chipped dinnerware...but all miss an opportunity to publicly appreciate their famous (ugh pains me to refer to him that way) father on his day? Telling? 🤔 

Also can we talk about ‘The Kody Brown Family’ in the picture behind them. I don’t understand it. Tell me I’m not the only one who throws up a little bit in my mouth, at the arrogance of a guy that is cool with referring to his family using his full name? That reeks of dominance, self importance and control to me. (Huge apologies in advance if this is maybe an American tradition that I as an Aussie culturally don’t understand?! Can anyone enlighten?) 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

That reeks of dominance, self important and control to me.

Well, that's the point of polygamy - subjugation of women by misogynistic men who proclaim themselves prophets.  He probably makes them all hang that ugly thing in their homes to remind them who's in control of the circus.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, that's the point of polygamy - subjugation of women by misogynistic men who proclaim themselves prophets.  He probably makes them all hang that ugly thing in their homes to remind them who's in control of the circus.

Excellent point! Of course he does. I forgot for a minute who we were dealing with 😆 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Interesting that Maddie was the only one to publicly acknowledge him on social media (that I’ve seen anyway)? She mustn’t have got the memo there’s no point smoozing him as her inheritance is still dwindling fast. 

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/06/15/sister-wives-kody-brown-family-continue-facing-growing-debt-after-arizona-move/

Surprising though, as these are people that photograph the most mundane aspects of their everyday lives, their shoes, laptops, inspirational coffee mugs, flat tires and limp salads on chipped dinnerware...but all miss an opportunity to publicly appreciate their famous (ugh pains me to refer to him that way) father on his day? Telling? 🤔 

Also can we talk about ‘The Kody Brown Family’ in the picture behind them. I don’t understand it. Tell me I’m not the only one who throws up a little bit in my mouth, at the arrogance of a guy that is cool with referring to his family using his full name? That reeks of dominance, self importance and control to me. (Huge apologies in advance if this is maybe an American tradition that I as an Aussie culturally don’t understand?! Can anyone enlighten?) 

That's the infamous Mission Statement behind them. 😳🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Pompous ass.  At Maddie's wedding, when asked who gives this woman in marriage, Kootie pipes up and says loudly, "I do.  KODY BROWN."  No mention of Janelle.  No wonder Janelle's "toast" at the wedding was such a downer.

That mission statement and commitment ceremony were other opportunities for Kootie to wave his dick around.  🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Re: bolded--I thought the same thing about Kody and Father's Day--why no posts about him (other than Maddie's?)--even from the wives-- saying how great a dad he is?

I checked Kody's instagram and he mentioned changing a blowout diaper and bathing a child--three guesses as to whose house he was at.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Re: bolded--I thought the same thing about Kody and Father's Day--why no posts about him (other than Maddie's?)--even from the wives-- saying how great a dad he is?

I checked Kody's instagram and he mentioned changing a blowout diaper and bathing a child--three guesses as to whose house he was at.

Blowout diapers at 3-1/2?  How's that co-sleeping working out for you Kody?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!? She is too old to wear diapers!

Born Jan. 10, 2016.  If she was 11 days older she would be starting all day Jr. kindergarten this September where I live.  Robyn of course, would no doubt believe that the socialization and primary academic skills would be better taught at home, sitting with a loaded diaper.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

This definitely belongs in the ‘Kody part time father full time asshat’ thread but I just have to say, I’m willing to bet money Christine got no such help with any of Truly’s blowout diapers. He probably didn’t even know her name until she ended up in the ER with renal failure on deaths door, as he was too busy being enamoured with Robyn. 

It’s one of the saddest parts of polygamy to me, that it appears the kids may be sacrificed of time and attention. You’ve got an immature buffoon father running around trying to juggle multiple women (under the guise of religion), while always on the lookout to add more to the rotation, while the mothers are busy being jealous of each other and competing for top dog position and giving any remaining attention scraps to their gazillion kids.

It seems the older kids (like Logan and Aspyn here) also have to pick up the child-rearing slack and also tend to supporting their mother’s emotional needs that a husband should be doing (Mariah), and the majority of them (minus a few favourites) miss out one-on-one time altogether due to the sheer volume of people.

Remind me again how this lifestyle makes ‘each of us better?’ I guess us monogamists will never understand though. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Love 15

Blowout diapers at 3 plus years?  I have no words.

Maddie, your asshat father is not worthy of your praise.  But I'm sure he just laps it up. 

You (Maddie) are much kinder than I could ever be, in your shoes.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!? She is too old to wear diapers!

Agree.  I was lucky to be blessed with a child, who with the help of a sitter, was potty trained within a few weeks.  She was 14 months old.  Only had two accidents after that.  Robyn may be one of those moms who let their children decide when they get ready to do something.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  As long as it happens before kindergarten.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I was lucky to be blessed with a child, who with the help of a sitter, was potty trained within a few weeks.  She was 14 months old.  Only had two accidents after that.  Robyn may be one of those moms who let their children decide when they get ready to do something.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  As long as it happens before kindergarten.  

Maybe the child has "tummy problems" and the put her back in the diaper temporarily? I don't have kids so would that be something someone would do?

1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Maybe the child has "tummy problems" and the put her back in the diaper temporarily? I don't have kids so would that be something someone would do?

It could be. What goes in, must come out. The fact Kody posted about it bugs me more than the fact she was in a diaper.

No mention of any other children in the post that was about how he spent Father’s Day. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Considering her toddler brother had a mouthful of cavities, my guess is laziness on the part of mom and dad.  Yes some kids start Kindergarten still in diapers.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Considering her toddler brother had a mouthful of cavities, my guess is laziness on the part of mom and dad.  Yes some kids start Kindergarten still in diapers.  

She's got to be the laziest mother around.  When I noticed my daughter was staying dry at night (before she turned 2) I started her potty-training.  Within 2 weeks she was trained for good.  We even made a chart with stars awarded for success.  It's not freaking rocket science, FFS.  

Yeah, old King Sol had major bottle-rot, due to laziness and night bottles, I'd say.  Poor Chinny, no live-in relatives to foist her kids on, while she & Kootie take vacations and screw like bunnies.  LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maddie needs bangs to hide her fivehead.  

I didn’t think you were supposed to dye your hair when you are pregnant.  It looks like Maddie has a fresh Lucille Ball red dye job going on.  Isn’t that harmful to baby?  (Serious question)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I didn’t think you were supposed to dye your hair when you are pregnant.  It looks like Maddie has a fresh Lucille Ball red dye job going on.  Isn’t that harmful to baby?  (Serious question)

I have heard that dyeing hair was harmful when pregnant, but apparently, that has been debunked.

BWDIK, had my 3 robustly healthy kidlets in the 1960's and enjoyed a cigarette and occasional cocktail throughout pregnancies.  We were also strongly advised to sleep infants in the tummy down position.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I have heard that dyeing hair was harmful when pregnant, but apparently, that has been debunked.

BWDIK, had my 3 robustly healthy kidlets in the 1960's and enjoyed a cigarette and occasional cocktail throughout pregnancies.  We were also strongly advised to sleep infants in the tummy down position.

Tummy down was still the rule in 1983, too.  My daughter did fine with that, too.

Maddie looks better as a blonde, IMO.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I don't think you are supposed to.  It has been noticed that some celebrities, and people like the Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex have both been conscientious about not coloring hair while pregnant.  My hair dresser will do it, but she will recommend that you don't if you are pregnant.  She suggests using something that is less permanent and has less chemicals.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I hope Axel is a happier baby without a camera in his face. I think I’ve seen one picture of him actually looking happy.

He's probably going to be even less happy later in life enduring the TLC reruns of him being born in the bathtub.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I hope Axel is a happier baby without a camera in his face. I think I’ve seen one picture of him actually looking happy.

Maybe he thinks if he smiles, Janelle will think he likes the cabbage 🙂

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I don't think you are supposed to.  It has been noticed that some celebrities, and people like the Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex have both been conscientious about not coloring hair while pregnant.  My hair dresser will do it, but she will recommend that you don't if you are pregnant.  She suggests using something that is less permanent and has less chemicals.

https://americanpregnancy.org/is-it-safe/hair-treatments-during-pregnancy/

I don't think it is banned.  We have an OB/GYN on another forum and I think I remember her saying it is fine to do.  Of course, well ventilated area, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4