Type keyword(s) to search

Hawaii 5-0 In the Media

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Here's the full article at the Hollywood Reporter. This immediately jumped out at me: "Others allege that he accommodated special work-schedule requests from male actors without offering similar consideration to actresses on Hawaii Five-0." Gee, who do we know who resembles that remark?

And I wonder how much of the refusal to pay Daniel and Grace parity was because of his influence, or just institutionalized racism in CBS.

Definitely Scott Caan, but after his contract was up the first time PL could have opted not to renew it.  Anyone that works out a schedule like Scott's must want out of course once you sign a contract you're screwed until it ends which is probably what happened to GP and DDK.  I have yet to hear any of the cast wax poetic about how great they thought the show was in recent years.  I never see PL hanging out with Scott like he does with Chi and cast from his other shows so I don't necessarily think they're best buddies.  I also wonder what happened with him and George Eads on MacGyver.   I'm sure there were issues and he's leftover from Les Moonves days so who knows.  I've also seen some stuff posted about CSI NY.  I'm sure CBS is slowly cleaning house so anyone that they consider costly or a legal liability that can be proven will be fired.  Afterall, CBS's bottom line has always been profit.

4 hours ago, Just my 2 cents said:

I've been wondering for a few years too.

I can't say it surprises me because I feel like some of it crept into the show. The scene that stands out in particular was when Kono had to go undercover and Steve had an embarrassingly small bikini on standby for her to wear. As I recall, Steve and Grover had a good laugh at her expense.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 12:57 AM, HurricaneVal said:

Where are the re-runs?  Is CBS giving us a "break" because (hopefully) they're planning on some sort of COVID-19 production gap fill-in binging marathon from season one to the end?  (please-please-please)

So far as I know, nothing anywhere is in production due to the C-19 shutdown, and there's a lot of airtime that needs to be filled.  So fill it with H50, CBS!

Given what was announced yesterday (Thursday) about the termination of Peter Lenkov’s production deal with CBS & the allegations made against him which caused it, that might have something to do with reruns of last season’s Five-0 not being on CBS this summer. The good thing is, the Final Season DVDs come out on the 28th (19 days from now)... at least in DVD Region 1(US/Canada).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To reword various comments.
(edited)

From Vanity Fair: An article (exposé?) about the end of Peter Lenkov’s production deal/employment with CBS (mentions a lot regarding all 3 of his shows, including the departures of Grace Park & Daniel Dae Kim after S7; at least some of what’s said, in general, may be kinda shocking/surprising). It was apparently a lengthy (5-page) letter to CBS’ Human Resources Department, from MacGyver star Lucas Till, about the situation on that set which ultimately took Lenkov down. I thought it was very interesting & worth reading.

If the article gets blocked by non removable pop-up ads about subscribing to the magazine, use the Reader View option to read it.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/07/the-fall-of-a-cbs-showrunner

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix various things & add a comment.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

ION Television Picks Up NCIS: New Orleans and Hawaii Five-0

This is “our” H50, not the Jack Lord OG version. It’s also just the 10 seasons which were already filmed & aired on CBS; NO new episodes. The linked press release doesn’t say when it will/might start airing on ION, just that, in October, the channel acquired the rights to air both H50 & NCIS: New Orleans (also repeats only).

According to a video clip posted to Facebook by either a Hawaii Five-0 fan page or by CBS’ official page (which is still active), Ian Anthony Dale has joined the cast of the CBS legal drama All Rise. Apparently he plays an Assistant District Attorney on the show. I think the show airs on CBS, not as a CBS All Access Original, but I’m not positive. I haven’t been watching it, but I know this is at least its second season.

Has anybody bought the Complete Series DVDs & seen the new feature content exclusive to this set (NOT on the individual season DVDs) on the last disc? I haven’t been able to watch it yet. The set includes this NEW material, PLUS the bonus material already released with the individual season DVD releases.

Also, does anybody know how to contact the company which released/published the set? I need to get a new plastic part (the part which holds the DVDs) for at least the first half of the set, if not the whole series (they packaged the DVDs in 2 “books” in a big slipcase; seasons 1-4 are in the first “book” & seasons 5-10, plus an exclusive disc of DVD extras on this set ONLY, are in the second “book”). The plastic part in at least the season 1-4 package of my copy was broken at 1 outer corner when I opened it (the DVDs appear to be OK).

Don’t forget: ION Television starts running repeats, in order, with the Pilot, at 9AM Eastern/8AM Central. If you get this after that time, no worries! They’re running eps until 3AM Eastern/Central tonight/tomorrow morning. Then picking up where they left off (I think either ep 118 or 119) on SUNDAY morning at 9AM Eastern/8AM Central.

I just discovered this show on ION. When I saw it listed, I assumed it was the old Jack Lord version so didn't tune in. Found out it was the Alex O'Loughlin version by accident, and now I am hooked, baby, hooked. I tuned in the middle of season 3; it started season 5 yesterday.

I was a huge fan of Moonlight, the first role I saw AOL in, and was bummed that 5-O was to be on CBS since my antenna won't pick up that network since tv went digital. When I caught it on ION a few weeks ago, I checked and was stunned to see it ran 10 seasons. I'm looking forward to more Friday/Sunday viewings, but eager for the series to start over again (I hope!) so I can catch the first episodes. I'm already invested in the original cast and am not looking forward to them leaving.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Jorge Garcia guest as 5-0 Task Force veteran Jerry Ortega on MacGyver's season 5 episode 8. “SOS + Hazmat + Ultrasound + Frequency + Malihini.”

I guess CBS and Microsoft don't have a deal anymore because Jerry takes an epic dump (metaphorically speaking) on the Microsoft PixelSense that 5-0 used to use to solve all those crimes. It's kind of hilarious.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:17 PM, saber5055 said:

I just discovered this show on ION. When I saw it listed, I assumed it was the old Jack Lord version so didn't tune in. Found out it was the Alex O'Loughlin version by accident, and now I am hooked, baby, hooked. I tuned in the middle of season 3; it started season 5 yesterday.

I was a huge fan of Moonlight, the first role I saw AOL in, and was bummed that 5-O was to be on CBS since my antenna won't pick up that network since tv went digital. When I caught it on ION a few weeks ago, I checked and was stunned to see it ran 10 seasons. I'm looking forward to more Friday/Sunday viewings, but eager for the series to start over again (I hope!) so I can catch the first episodes. I'm already invested in the original cast and am not looking forward to them leaving.

Unfortunately, the Sunday airings were replaced, after either the first or second week, for all day Blue Bloods repeats. The only day ION airs H50 repeats now is Friday. But, they air them for 18 hours straight, 9AM Eastern/8AM Central-3AM Saturday Morning Eastern/2AM Saturday Morning Central.

But I’m glad you caught on & are catching up. With 18 eps a week to binge watch, & with the ION channel on S5 already, you should be finished in no time!

Edited by BW Manilowe
To remove unnecessary boldface type.
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, Passepartout said:

Glad it is now on ION. Used to be on TNT briefly at one point.

I think it was actually on TNT more than briefly. As I remember, Season 9 was about to start on either CBS or TNT when TNT dropped it; TNT picked it up in August, 2014 (so before S4 started) & ran it for at least 4-5 years, probably longer, with eps from S1 through whichever Season had been released most recently to syndication which was before S10.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix spacing.
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 10:38 PM, Just my 2 cents said:

I also wonder what happened with him and George Eads on MacGyver. 

I remember reading, when George Eads’ departure from MacGyver came up, it was said he had a young daughter living elsewhere with her mother (the show shot in Atlanta, presumably the daughter lives in LA) he felt he wasn’t getting enough time with his daughter while filming. Perhaps this is how Scott’s unique contract arrangement came about. Judging by the initial reaction, the bosses & CBS at least had to know the show wouldn’t last as long without the “McDanno” banter, chemistry, etc., than with. So, before Scott apparently REALLY started bitching about working conditions & wanting out, they did the deal allowing Scott to miss certain eps to spend time with his family. So I’m assuming that that situation & the Eads’ situation may have been similar.

Yeah the show took a huge nose dive without Daniel and Grace. And really when Steve started to act like an asshole, really and nearly turned the show off. But glad I didn't as loved Lou and Danny. The banter between Danny and Steve got very ugly. Steve acted like the rules applied to everybody except him.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:18 PM, Passepartout said:

Yeah the show took a huge nose dive without Daniel and Grace. And really when Steve started to act like an asshole, really and nearly turned the show off. But glad I didn't as loved Lou and Danny. The banter between Danny and Steve got very ugly. Steve acted like the rules applied to everybody except him.

I think Tani was a good addition.  She’s a good actress.  

• Love 2