Type keyword(s) to search

Hawaii 5-0 In the Media

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, illdoc said:

Question in the TV Detectives category on Jeopardy today: This character was played by Jack Lord and Alex O'Loughlin 30 years apart. None of the contestants rang in.

Seriously?  Ok, I get Alex, but Jack Lord’s is an iconic representation of McGarrett.  I was too young to watch the original, but even I knew who was.

• Love 1

Catherine is the lesser of the two evils as opposed to Doris. And that really both of them flat out lied to Steve and broke his heart. Catherine felt bad when he tried to propose to her. When she returned after he was briefly dating Lynn. He should had done it earlier to make her stay.  But she had to grow with her own confidence and prove her own worth to herself on the flip side. But now she comes back and only asks or worse yet, use Steve to help her on missions. Great military person and spy but at least she has humanity skills as opposed to Doris.

But that Steve also did not have Doris as she does not strike me as the motherly type. Abandoning him for her country and world as a spy. And really that is what kind of led to me to believe that is one of the reasons he is a control freak there. As the abandonment issues. And really Doris and he will have to sit down and have a long talk about it like he and Catherine does.

But even though Steve is a control freak jerk and really rubs people the wrong way at times. He is deep down a caring person. Who would drop anything for others.

From NBC News: Daniel Dae Kim to Play Recurring Role in The Good Doctor Season 2

For those who haven’t been watching already, the season currently airing is Seasom 2. The linked article says DDK’s guest role story arc starts in episode 15, which should air in February, & the episode will be directed by series star Freddie Highmore.

Also, Will Yun Lee is another cast member of The Good Doctor, as a doctor at the hospital in the show, & has been since late last season. Now we know what happened to Sang Min; why he hasn’t been on H50 lately (& I wonder what he’d have to say about Tani if he met her): He left Honolulu with Chin Ho, Abby & Sara (teasing here).

Oooh, I'm going to have to start watching The Good Doctor!  I started watching H50 because Daniel Dae Kim was cast as Chin Ho Kelly, then learned that Grace Park (my favorite cylon) was going to play Kono, and my viewership was guaranteed.  Then I was hooked at the first episode with the chemistry between Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan, and their chemistry with the rest of the team...  Will Yun Lee as Sang Min was always a favorite guest star, and I can't believe how ugly that unfortunate mullet makes him--WYL is actually a very handsome man!

• Love 1

Oooh.....that is indeed inspired casting!  I can't wait for her to flirt outrageously with McGarrett and cattily dismiss Danny like a peasant.  That sort of thing is right in her wheelhouse.  Scott Caan does great sarcastic exasperation, so this episode is going to be gold!

Edited by HurricaneVal
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Oooh, I'm going to have to start watching The Good Doctor!  I started watching H50 because Daniel Dae Kim was cast as Chin Ho Kelly, then learned that Grace Park (my favorite cylon) was going to play Kono, and my viewership was guaranteed.  Then I was hooked at the first episode with the chemistry between Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan, and their chemistry with the rest of the team...  Will Yun Lee as Sang Min was always a favorite guest star, and I can't believe how ugly that unfortunate mullet makes him--WYL is actually a very handsome man!

If you need to start from the beginning, the show is available on Hulu that way. Not sure how many eps might be available on In Demand.

18 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Ooohhhhhhh okay!!!

And, of course, there’s CBS All Access. But current eps are only free for a couple of weeks, I think. Then you have to have a subscription to watch them, as well as previous seasons.

I’m watching Food Network. A few minutes ago they ran a promo for the new season of The Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition, which starts its new season on Sunday night at 9PM Eastern/8PM Central (I think). Among the celebrity participants this season is our very own Mary Ann McGarrett, Taryn Manning (also Morgan Fairchild, who honestly no longer looks as beautiful as she was back when you pretty much couldn’t avoid her on primetime TV back in the ‘80s & early/mid ‘90s).

On 4/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Among the celebrity participants this season is our very own Mary Ann McGarrett, Taryn Manning (also Morgan Fairchild, who honestly no longer looks as beautiful as she was back when you pretty much couldn’t avoid her on primetime TV back in the ‘80s & early/mid ‘90s).

Everybody gets older.  No reason to shame someone for that.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Everybody gets older.  No reason to shame someone for that.

I’m aware everybody gets older. No shaming intended. Since Morgan’s  been out of the spotlight for so long (or it seems to me she has), I was just meaning to comment that she looks so different now it surprised me when I saw her. I guess some people really do change more than others over time. Which was probably another part of my point.

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Since Morgan’s  been out of the spotlight for so long (or it seems to me she has), I was just meaning to comment that she looks so different now it surprised me when I saw her.

I haven't seen her since she was on Friends more than 10 years ago looking pretty much the same as I remembered, but I just did an image search for her and I agree that she looks quite different now. I don't think she looks that much older, but the shape of her face and features are not recognizable. If she just popped up unidentified on something I was watching, I don't think I'd know it was her.

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, BW Manilowe said:

I was just meaning to comment that she looks so different now 

If you had said "different", I wouldn't have commented.  But you said "who honestly no longer looks as beautiful as she was ...  in the ‘80s & early/mid ‘90s"  That's what caused my "Well, duh!" I think she looks just fine for just shy of 70!

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, fishcakes said:

I haven't seen her since she was on Friends more than 10 years ago looking pretty much the same as I remembered, but I just did an image search for her and I agree that she looks quite different now. I don't think she looks that much older, but the shape of her face and features are not recognizable. If she just popped up unidentified on something I was watching, I don't think I'd know it was her.

I’ve read in other places that Morgan appears to have put on some weight, perhaps, &/or that she’s indulged too much in cosmetic skin filler injections (but apparently not actually had a facelift/other surgery) since her heyday when she appeared in most, if not all, of the nighttime soaps.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:52 AM, Passepartout said:

Well Taryn will be back next week with Alex there. In season 9 episode 23!

Yes she will. If/when we get renewed for Season 10, maybe Taryn can be on the show a little more often now since Orange is the New Black, in which she also appeared, has ended its run (she posted on her social media that she was sorry she had to miss their series’ Wrap Party because it conflicted with when she needed to be on the H50 set in Honolulu to film Episode 23). Also, I find it interesting that, when introducing herself on The Worst Cooks’ in America: Celebrity Edition, she gave her OITNB credit, but didn’t mention her H50 role as well. While it’s interesting she didn’t mention both roles (as I think many/most actors/actresses would’ve), it’s understandable since I’m pretty sure Taryn was a regular on OITNB & she only recurred on H50 (though I’d swear I read she was originally supposed to have been a regular character, but I never read why she was bumped to a recurring character), so she probably figured most people watching The Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition would have recognized her from playing Pennsatucky in OITNB than from any of her other roles

(edited)

By the way, Taryn’s no longer on The Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition. She left of her own accord (as opposed to being eliminated by the celebrity chef on whose team she was competing, for being the worst cook on last night’s episode).

At the beginning of the show they had a head-to-head competition between members of each team where the celebs were asked various food-related questions. If a celeb got the answer wrong, & the other celeb got it right, the other team’s celeb got to pick a food item most people would think was pretty gross (like geoduck clam, 1,000 year-old egg [which is a Chinese/Asian delicacy], tongue [found in Jewish delis], etc.) from a selection on a platter between them & the losing celeb had to eat it. If neither celeb got the right answer to the question, the celeb chefs got to pick the food item & both celebs had to eat it.

Anyway, when it was Taryn’s turn, she was up against comedienne Kym Whitley. They were asked “How many eyes does a coconut have?”. Taryn incorrectly answered 1; Kym correctly answered 3 (I usually remember this by thinking of a bowling ball, which has 3 holes that are in the same “2 over 1”, triangular pattern as a coconut’s eyes).

Kym (knowing that Taryn had already said, upon seeing the gross food platter when the game was explained, that she wouldn’t be able to eat any of it) picked chicken feet for Taryn to eat.

Taryn, even with encouragement from her team’s celebrity chef, Anne Burrell (Tyler Florence works with the other team), chose to leave the show rather than eat the chicken feet—thereby depriving whatever charity she was playing for of whatever money Taryn might’ve won by the final episode, or the last episode she competed in before that & after this episode.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comma and some comments.

Beth Chapman, reality star, bounty hunter, & wife of fellow reality star, bounty hunter, & recurring H50 cast member Duane “Dog” Chapman (aka “Dog the Bounty Hunter”) died earlier today at Queen’s Medical Center in Honolulu after being admitted to their ICU & placed in a medically-induced coma this past weekend, due to (complications from) Stage IV Lung Cancer. She was 51 years old.

The filming dates for Season 10 of H50 have been scheduled & announced. There are also 2 breaks scheduled during holidays in the announced timeframe, but the dates of the holiday breaks weren’t announced (though I’m guessing they’ll be definitely Christmas-New Year’s, for 1 holiday break &, maybe, probably Thanksgiving for the other break).

Does anybody at times find Steve's very annoying with his control issues? As really he is the boss but when it comes to not being at work, it used to be funny but now it is downright mean spirited and not funny at all. Just beyond annoying.

• Love 1
(edited)

I’ve been meaning to post this for awhile, but it took some time to find a reasonably good picture (especially since, in the clearest ones, Jorge & his best man/groomsmen were all wearing [I think pull on overhead] gorilla masks).

Anyway, a few weeks ago—either at the end of June or the beginning of July—Jorge was married in Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately, that’s about all the info I have on the event. I haven’t been able to find such things as her name, the date, etc. Anyway... Congratulations to the happy couple!

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a parenthesis and fix spacing.
(edited)
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

Mediamass likes to publish erroneous news items. But I got the photo from (& there are 3 others on) Jorge’s Instagram page, pronouncedhorhay; so I would think it really happened. Why would Jorge post a series of pics of people (including Jorge & a woman) dressed in wedding attire & talk as if he got married, if he didn’t?

Plus, on the front page of the Mediamass site there’s a blurb saying something about lesbian women’s tennis legend Martina Navratilova just recently having been secretly married. Ms. Navratilova has been married for 5 years!

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

Here’s another pic/video I found on Jorge’s Instagram. The caption actually says he & the woman he’s with just got back from their honeymoon, a whirlwind tour of Greece. The video also looks like it was taken in Greece.

21 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Mediamass likes to publish erroneous news items. But I got the photo from (& there are 3 others on) Jorge’s Instagram page, pronouncedhorhay; so I would think it really happened. Why would Jorge post a series of pics of people (including Jorge & a woman) dressed in wedding attire & talk as if he got married, if he didn’t?

I stand sit corrected.  I'm wondering if his wife prefers to be out of the spotlight, and that's why he's being so coy about it.

• Love 1

I swear that my first thought upon seeing her pic was that they were trying to pull an actor swap because Michelle Borth was no longer available LOL! I quite liked her on 'Arrow' - she could be a fun addition to the cast (despite the cookie-cutter characterization).

They might’ve added her to the cast because Meaghan is apparently also joining the cast of Supergirl this season—though it doesn’t sound like she’s leaving H50. Meaghan seems to be going to do both shows simultaneously. Like when Masi Oka did H50 & Heroes Reborn, the Heroes reboot, back in H50 S6 (I think it was). Meaghan will be playing Braniac 5 on Supergirl (or a female version of said character), a character her real life brother, Jesse, also apparently has been playing there. 

• Love 1

Katrina Law joins the cast of Five-O as a regular for season 10....I don't think another character is needed. I already hate that the team never wirks together as a wole on one storyline anymore ☹️☹️☹️.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, DKay said:

Katrina Law joins the cast of Five-O as a regular for season 10....I don't think another character is needed. I already hate that the team never wirks together as a wole on one storyline anymore ☹️☹️☹️.  

I hate that there’re so many 5-0 members, that the writers have to split the time spent on each one.

• Love 1