Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Bone May Rot

paigow
  • Start Topic

I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that she said the tooth had been irradiated when she was an infant. That's impossible unless she still had her baby teeth. And I'm not buying the boyfriend just finding that tattoo and knowing what it was. The blonde lab girl is working with whoever put the tatts on her I'll bet. Not directly but indirectly. And I wouldn't rule out the boss lady being in on it either.

• Love 4

Ep 5 - "Just Kidding"

Ep 6 - "You Fools"

Ep 7 - "Your Guess Is"

Ep 8 - "As Good As Mine"

Can I just say that this may be my favorite post ever on this site.  I cannot stop laughing, and it is likely so true.

I honestly have no idea why I am still watching this.  The cases of the week are so bad.  They are basically trying to cram in an entire season of 24 into 35 minutes, and not a good season of 24 either.  I'm sure whatever loose explanation they come up with for Operation daylight being the key to about a million (or 22 at least) terrorist attacks will make no sense at all.  I can't stand the girl.  I am so on the team of the black agent who claims she is unproven and a potential huge liability in the field. 

I really should just watch the first few minutes, last few minutes, and DVR the terrorist plot of the week in between.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch the Fargo premiere.

• Love 1

I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that she said the tooth had been irradiated when she was an infant. That's impossible unless she still had her baby teeth. 

Damn you, logic!

• Love 6

I liked this episode more but Weller is still as annoying and creepy as can be. I also can't get past Jane being allowed access to secure information without any kind of security clearance. I'm also hoping every episode doesn't end with Jane beating up the bad guy - too predictable. I said this last time - they should have Jane interact more with the other agents, she seems so much more human and less of a Mary Sue. I know people have said the actor who plays Weller has been great in other things but I want to give him a swift kick to the rear.

• Love 1

I said this last time - they should have Jane interact more with the other agents

Her character desperately needs character interaction, especially since she's an amnesiac trying to figure out her past and who she is, instead she's stuck with Mr. Stiff and Serious all the time.

Edited by Free

While I wouldn't put it past them to put the overt science fiction in (they've apparently got someone who can see into the future) I'll buy screwing with the samples, or the findings, or Patterson just lied.

I wouldn't be surprised by a veer into the science fiction.  Martin Gero, the creator, has a background in Sci Fi - he was an executive producer on and wrote quite a few episodes of Stargate: Atlantis.

Also, Patterson is the best character.  Boardgame nerd, Tame Impala/Mark Ronson fan, plus its Ashley Johnson.  I hope they throw in some Critical Role references (a bunch of voice actors, including Ashley, that play Dungeons and Dragons and livestream their gaming sessions).

Why didn't Weller introduce Jane to his sister, Sarah, who lives with him?

I'm still so confused about Weller's connection to Jane and why it's so important to him. So he's at least 5 or more years older than her, right? He said he would look in after her, because her mother worked. Then the newspaper clipping stated a Five-year old girl disappeared, but wasn't she supposed to be ten?

Taylor Shaw disappeared in Pennsylvania 25 years ago, when she was five and Weller ten.

I liked that they didn't solve this particular mystery until 90% of the bad guys' plot had unfolded but as much as I like that it makes me wonder:

What if they had focused on a different tattoo instead?

What were the CDC conspirators waiting for?

They were working on weaponizing the virus—until the tattoo chasers accelerated their timeline. Rebecca grabbed one of the prototypes (an aerosol can from her secret lab in Brooklyn) and took off.

Each time they figure out a tattoo message on Jane, the crime is happening that same day.  The tattoos are not in chronological order.

It seems like they trigger it when they arrive there, so it's random based on which tattoo which one they go to.

• Love 1

What if they had focused on a different tattoo instead?

What were the CDC conspirators waiting for?

I don't think it was crucial that this tattoo was solved this week. Fortuitous, but not crucial. They made a point of saying that she moved her schedule up because the FBI came knocking.

Re the villain and her poxy vial of plague:

"Why hasn't she used it yet?"

And the tech pattersons "Uh, I think I might know. We just seized these aerosol cans from her lab. She was in the process of weaponizing the virus."

"So we just accelerated her timeline..." [D'ohs.]

"She must have realized it was now or never [mumble]. and grabbed her own prototypes.[peer gruffly]"

While that plays into theories here that Jane's presence triggers the evil bad stuff, I don't think that's supposed to be our takeaway. As dwmarch pointed out, they'd already used 9 of the 10 vials. It sure seems like the next attack was happening either way, and this gave our intrepid heroes a chance to stop it. (Go team!) Which brings me to:

So basically in different ways several members of the team have or will be subverted (since the boss already is, to a large degree--although it's not clear if the conspiracy circle she's part of with Evil CIA Guy has any relation to the overall Evil Conspiracy responsible for the Tattoos. I mean probably not, since they wouldn't be afraid of reveals from the tattoos if that were the case. That conspiracy are TARGETS of the other one, basically.

Aside from the fact that we all have advanced degrees in TVology (amiright? ;-)) and we've pretty much seen every plot play out, repeatedly at that (*le sigh*), I'm curious. I mean I understand the feeling, because that's how these things usually seem to go, but in terms of what we've been shown onscreen: what makes you guys think the folks behind the tattoos are "Evil"? Kromm, you weren't the only one to suggest they're evil, so basically I'm wondering if you guys picked up on something I missed, or if this is just anticipation of plot dynamics on your (plural) part. And I'm not saying I think you'll be proven wrong, but wondering what the basis for this viewpoint is, or more importantly: what I snoozed through?

I can recall one interview with one of the creatives behind the show (and I don't read many of those, so I'm guessing TV Guide or Entertainment whatsit) that was

obliquely hinty that they might be evil

(and clearly designed to drum up publicity and viewer interest, and therefor so utterly untrustworthy as to be unworthy of mention, except that I just did, and then spoiler tagged because I'm cautious that way), but I can't remember anything in the eps aired to date that backs it up. Anybody?

...what makes you guys think the folks behind the tattoos are "Evil"?

Well, they are bringing criminal activity to the attention of law enforcement, so on the face of it, they are good guys.  

But the fact that they didn't simply send details via e-mail or FAX makes me feel that they're up to no good.

Well, they are bringing criminal activity to the attention of law enforcement, so on the face of it, they are good guys.  

But the fact that they didn't simply send details via e-mail or FAX makes me feel that they're up to no good.

Yeah, it's pretty illogical to wipe a person's memory and tattoo their entire body if all you want to do is help out the government.

My husband and I were laughing so hard at the scene where the tattooed woman jumped the bench to tackle the CDC guy.

They played this corny sound effect that sounded a lot like when Jamie Sommers did something like that in the old Bionic Woman show. Then they played a goofy sound effect again when she kicked CDC guy in the head.

It was hilarious!

That said, I pretty much hate this show. It's so stupid. Best part is reading the funny comments here.

Edited by Shelby

Yeah, but I liked the Bionic Woman. (Probably didn't hurt that I was in the single digits then, though.)

Yeah, it's pretty illogical to wipe a person's memory and tattoo their entire body if all you want to do is help out the government.

I hear what you're saying, and you're not wrong, but that's gotta be true for Evil!Bad!Conspiracy too, doesn't it? That's basically the primary flaw of this show's conceit. Whether you're good or bad, either way, pretty much any approach has to be easier and more blessed with sense than tatting Jane up.

The only scenario I got where this tack makes more sense is to force Jane's involvement, because with those other approaches at handing over the info, the fibbies wouldn't have involved her this much. (Not that it makes much sense this way either, but still...) As to the memory wipe, maybe she and probably bearded dude were part of something highly illegal but government sanctioned, maybe surveillance which gave them access to some of the things they're reporting, and are whistle blowing (like some of the things Snowden leaked - it may be illegal or unconstitutional, but that doesn't mean it isn't government approved). The memory wipe serves to get her off the hook for it, as well as passing screening from the FBI. (And as I type that I find myself wondering why I'm watching it.)

My better half announced after the last ep that he's out, and will no longer be watching. Oddly, Jane's googly eyes were the kiss of death for him, and he was able (just barely) to tolerate Weller. For me it's the other way around. (I keep hoping Weller'll get offed, and Reade will take over.) Not a good sign when people dislike your leads this much, though.

Edited by krimimimi

I don't think it was crucial that this tattoo was solved this week. Fortuitous, but not crucial. They made a point of saying that she moved her schedule up because the FBI came knocking.

Re the villain and her poxy vial of plague:

While that plays into theories here that Jane's presence triggers the evil bad stuff, I don't think that's supposed to be our takeaway. As dwmarch pointed out, they'd already used 9 of the 10 vials. It sure seems like the next attack was happening either way, and this gave our intrepid heroes a chance to stop it. (Go team!) Which brings me to:

Aside from the fact that we all have advanced degrees in TVology (amiright? ;-)) and we've pretty much seen every plot play out, repeatedly at that (*le sigh*), I'm curious. I mean I understand the feeling, because that's how these things usually seem to go, but in terms of what we've been shown onscreen: what makes you guys think the folks behind the tattoos are "Evil"? Kromm, you weren't the only one to suggest they're evil, so basically I'm wondering if you guys picked up on something I missed, or if this is just anticipation of plot dynamics on your (plural) part. And I'm not saying I think you'll be proven wrong, but wondering what the basis for this viewpoint is, or more importantly: what I snoozed through?

I can recall one interview with one of the creatives behind the show (and I don't read many of those, so I'm guessing TV Guide or Entertainment whatsit) that was

obliquely hinty that they might be evil

(and clearly designed to drum up publicity and viewer interest, and therefor so utterly untrustworthy as to be unworthy of mention, except that I just did, and then spoiler tagged because I'm cautious that way), but I can't remember anything in the eps aired to date that backs it up. Anybody?

I don't even think the hints are oblique. I think there's a sense this all seems too much like some kind of game. But what if it literally was?

You know it's odd, because the main possible motive for all of this seems too close to ANOTHER current NBC show--The Player. I mean the seemingly impossible answer to why if someone knew about these crimes they'd put them on someone's body to be discovered and then prevented one at a time does have one possible motive that would explain it: that someone was betting on it.

It seems like such an obvious answer when you think about it, but then we get into real world questions on if NBC (unlike the producers) actually realize where this is going and that it might be duplicative of another of their shows.

EDIT - Okay, theory duplicated in the Unspoiled Speculation Topic if anyone wants to address it in depth: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/25948-solving-cryptograms-unspoiled-speculation/#entry1584271

Edited by Kromm

I'm thinking 'evil' myself. First, can someone clarify the dialogue between the bearded guy and the bomber before he offed him? Didn't they want the bomb to go off and kill a lot of people? Sorry, I didn't keep it and I've forgotten it by now but my impression was bomb=killing=evil, not to mention the bearded guy killing him seems a bit evil too.

And, we know that whatever plot Jane and her tats trigger will be taken care of before the hour is over BUT if we didn't then it is entirely possible that the bomb would go off killing people, the virus would get out killing people. In other words, leaving the TV trope angle out of it, the tats are triggering bad/evil things and there is no guarantee (other than it's a TV show) that Jane and guys are going to stop it. So I say evil.

I'm thinking 'evil' myself. First, can someone clarify the dialogue between the bearded guy and the bomber before he offed him? Didn't they want the bomb to go off and kill a lot of people? Sorry, I didn't keep it and I've forgotten it by now but my impression was bomb=killing=evil, not to mention the bearded guy killing him seems a bit evil too.

And, we know that whatever plot Jane and her tats trigger will be taken care of before the hour is over BUT if we didn't then it is entirely possible that the bomb would go off killing people, the virus would get out killing people. In other words, leaving the TV trope angle out of it, the tats are triggering bad/evil things and there is no guarantee (other than it's a TV show) that Jane and guys are going to stop it. So I say evil.

My recollection is that the conversation indicated that the bomb was not supposed to kill anyone because the Chinese dissident said that everything went according to plan. But then bearded guy killed him to make sure he didn't talk.

I assumed that the way they are using the tatoos was because they were sure that Mayfair could not be trusted and would crush any investigation if they simply gave the information. But this way they have everyone obsessed with the tatoos so it is hard to shut off investigations.

There's really no proof that Jane's memory is gone other than her saying so, right? So, maybe this is all for her to gain access to the inner FBI in order to pull off a really huge crime. Kind of like on the Blacklist-Red gives up other criminals to insure that his own plans prevail. I really dislike plots that revolve around someone saying something so therefore it must be true, because, you know, many these characters are liars.

• Love 1

There's really no proof that Jane's memory is gone other than her saying so, right?

Actually, we, the audience, can 'see' the fucked up memories, the snippets of her training, the shadowy man in the dark with the little girl. I know that in these types of shows you can't trust anything but if that is truly a lie then I will not only be extremely angry and never watch this show again but I'll never watch anything by these showrunners/creators again.

• Love 2

There's really no proof that Jane's memory is gone other than her saying so, right? 

We see her point of view.  

As a narrative trick, this implies she's being honest about her words--since her visions and memories match what she's saying.

Of course we also have the implication that it's at least POSSIBLE she was a willing conspirator before her memory was wiped. There we only have Dull FBI Guy's character assessment of how she tries to help people to battle that impression.

• Love 1

I think the Taylor-or-not-Taylor thing is stupid. This is a new fictional universe - by that, I mean it's not something like the DC or Marvel universes where going into a new show set in one of those universes, a lot of names already have resonance for us - so whatever her real name is is irrelevant. It will mean nothing to the audience. That's why I was fine with them doing the reveal in the third episode that Jane's real name is Taylor Shaw, because it didn't give away anything important. I wish they would just stick with "Taylor Shaw" because at least she has a connection of some kind to the FBI team (even if Weller is dull) and Taylor's backstory leaves plenty of mystery to unravel: Who kidnapped Taylor? What happened to her in all the years since? That's why I was actually rather impressed with the show for seeming to understand that the "real name" is basically irrelevant because no name they give will have any meaning in itself to viewers, and so they were better off revealing it quickly so we could move to mysteries that actually matter.

But then this episode came along. Sigh.

• Love 3

I think the Taylor-or-not-Taylor thing is stupid. This is a new fictional universe - by that, I mean it's not something like the DC or Marvel universes where going into a new show set in one of those universes, a lot of names already have resonance for us - so whatever her real name is is irrelevant. It will mean nothing to the audience. That's why I was fine with them doing the reveal in the third episode that Jane's real name is Taylor Shaw, because it didn't give away anything important. 

I'm not saying it isn't tiresome, but I don't think the point was to have a name that resonated with us. As you say, what the name was is totally irrelevant. 

It was indeed badly done--because as I pointed out upthread the evidence seemed SO certain that it was just bizarre and jarring that they all still insisted on calling her "Jane" (without an excuse that they were used to that--since the acquaintance was barely weeks at that point). That TELEGRAPHED that the issue wasn't really resolved, and that was far more unforgivable than them simply having a twist that someone dicked around with Taylor's DNA samples.

IF it had been done better (without all those lingering "Janes"), then I actually could have forgiven it, because I think the move DOES have a point. To show the reach of this conspiracy that they can (and would) tinker with that evidence. Also to make sure the FBI characters don't get too comfortable with Jane. If she truly was Taylor, despite all that happened with her, there's an inevitable level of seeing her as a real person. Now she's back to being a total cipher and while WE know she's telling them the truth from her POV (seeing her memories) THEY still are only relying on the lie detector.  With guys like Slimy CIA Guy around, that could be a plot point.

• Love 1

I'm not saying it isn't tiresome, but I don't think the point was to have a name that resonated with us. As you say, what the name was is totally irrelevant. 

There were a lot of people complaining last week that it was too early in the show to tell us Jane's real name and that they hoped it wouldn't stick. I thought it was a good move, for the reasons I gave above, and now I'm unhappy this week that we're back to "what is her name?", while I imagine those people who thought it was too early are happy.

because I think the move DOES have a point. To show the reach of this conspiracy that they can (and would) tinker with that evidence.Also to make sure the FBI characters don't get too comfortable with Jane. If she truly was Taylor, despite all that happened with her, there's an inevitable level of seeing her as a real person. Now she's back to being a total cipher and while WE know she's telling them the truth from her POV (seeing her memories) THEY still are only relying on the lie detector.

The Conspiracy is already impressively wide-reaching - switching the real Taylor Shaw's stored DNA profile with Jane's DNA profile is small potatoes, honestly, compared to the other things The Conspiracy has done. This is daytime soap opera stuff. As for conflict with the team, I think the show easily could have done organic tension between Jane and the rest of the team utilizing Taylor's backstory, as follows: Taylor was kidnapped when she was five years old, and it's a couple of decades later. It could be that the person/people who took her have had her this entire time, and have turned her into a brainwashed sleeper agent or something along those lines. They have to worry about that with someone who was taken in her formative years and potentially been under the thumb of someone nefarious for that long. Sure, she seems nice now, but Angela Lansbury only has to show up and tell her to play a game of solitaire...

• Love 3

I'm just really glad that Blindspot confirmed that duct tape and plastic would save us from instant death via killer virus. I was always skeptical when the US govt suggested it back in the 2000s. So thanks, show. Good to know.

• Love 2

I'm just really glad that Blindspot confirmed that duct tape and plastic would save us from instant death via killer virus. I was always skeptical when the US govt suggested it back in the 2000s. So thanks, show. Good to know.

Also, that part of the floor it was on looked like CARPET.  In other words, something inherently porous. 

• Love 6

Also, that part of the floor it was on looked like CARPET.  In other words, something inherently porous.

Not to mention the complete lack of micro-tears in a piece of plastic co-opted from the custodial closet.

• Love 2

Must've been some magic carpet to contain it so perfectly.

• Love 1

Taylor Shaw disappeared in Pennsylvania 25 years ago, when she was five and Weller ten.

Well then, I must be a callous and miserable person, because seriously? Someone you knew 20+ years ago still haunts you? Yes, there are people who consume you, but this seems extreme. I can't remember one week ago, yet alone 25 years. That's why I am having a hard time with this "Weller longs (platonically) for Taylor). It makes no sense, because it was so far ago. Granted, as I have said, I have zero memory, so maybe this is fine. But how many of you, in your thirties around, can remember every detail about a kid you hung out with when you were ten years old?

There are some people who fortunately will because they are blessed with good memories. But I suspect there are a lot more who do not. Which is why I can't help by side-eye this storyline.

• Love 5

Well then, I must be a callous and miserable person, because seriously? Someone you knew 20+ years ago still haunts you? Yes, there are people who consume you, but this seems extreme. I can't remember one week ago, yet alone 25 years. That's why I am having a hard time with this "Weller longs (platonically) for Taylor). It makes no sense, because it was so far ago. Granted, as I have said, I have zero memory, so maybe this is fine. But how many of you, in your thirties around, can remember every detail about a kid you hung out with when you were ten years old?

ITA with the bolded, which is why I think they're pushing the potential romance for Jane and Weller so much in the present.  You would think six year old Taylor/Jane was "the one who got away" from the way Weller describes her.  

What I would find believable is that Weller remembers Jane so much because she's the reason his father was put away.  Didn't the cops think he kidnapped Jane?  If so, then Weller wanting to solve this cold case and put it to bed does makes sense.  It would expand the story in a good way because it's about righting a wrong, not just a romance.  It's troubling that his father may have been wrongfully accused and Weller is more concerned about Jane fitting in.  He can care about both things, but he hasn't given his father a second thought.

I'll say it again, this show is really doing themselves a disservice by only pairing Weller and Jane with each other.  Jane is more of Weller's partner than anyone else in the FBI.  These two live in their own world, while everyone else is just a spectator.  They each need someone else to bounce off of and it shows.  

And does Weller care about Jane so much because he's nostalgic about their childhood, or is Jane actually someone special and deserving of the praise?  Or is Weller just feeling guilty because she was stolen under his watch?

• Love 4

ITA with the bolded, which is why I think they're pushing the potential romance for Jane and Weller so much in the present.  You would think six year old Taylor/Jane was "the one who got away" from the way Weller describes her.  

What I would find believable is that Weller remembers Jane so much because she's the reason his father was put away.  Didn't the cops think he kidnapped Jane?  If so, then Weller wanting to solve this cold case and put it to bed does makes sense.  It would expand the story in a good way because it's about righting a wrong, not just a romance.  It's troubling that his father may have been wrongfully accused and Weller is more concerned about Jane fitting in.  He can care about both things, but he hasn't given his father a second thought.

I'll say it again, this show is really doing themselves a disservice by only pairing Weller and Jane with each other.  Jane is more of Weller's partner than anyone else in the FBI.  These two live in their own world, while everyone else is just a spectator.  They each need someone else to bounce off of and it shows.  

And does Weller care about Jane so much because he's nostalgic about their childhood, or is Jane actually someone special and deserving of the praise?  Or is Weller just feeling guilty because she was stolen under his watch?

Please not another Emily/Jack/Revenge scenario!!

I actually DO think Weller's infatuation with Taylor is twofolds:

1. He blames himself for not protecting her

2. His dad was arrested for the crime- which would mess up any kid

So, I kind of give him a pass.  The level of his sullenness is a little overboard, though.  It can affect your entire life without moping for the entire 25 years!

• Love 1

I actually DO think Weller's infatuation with Taylor is twofolds:

1. He blames himself for not protecting her

2. His dad was arrested for the crime- which would mess up any kid

Well also that 3.) even with all that ink... she still looks how Jaime Alexander looks (extremely genetically blessed in the looks department)

I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that she said the tooth had been irradiated when she was an infant. That's impossible unless she still had her baby teeth.

People already have their permanent teeth as small children, they just haven't emerged from the jawbone yet. For example:

tumblr_nmjz1kr3uo1uodfmvo4_500.jpg

• Love 2

Like there was any question of Jane charging in like a rhino to save Weller's life at the last second.  Gotta fill that ass-kicking quota in this week, right?

Because a trained FBI agent is no match for a CDC doctor with no fighting expeience!  RME indeed.

Sure, she seems nice now, but Angela Lansbury only has to show up and tell her to play a game of solitaire...

Taylor Shaw is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.  (When someone starts by saying "So-and-so is the nicest person..., I'll always go to Raymond Shaw!)

Well also that 3.) even with all that ink... she still looks how Jaime Alexander looks (extremely genetically blessed in the looks department)

You and I have very different tastes as far as genetically blessed looks are concerned (Nicole Beharie is my paragon).

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 1

Taylor Shaw is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.  (When someone starts by saying "So-and-so is the nicest person..., I'll always go to Raymond Shaw!)

Do you think the last name is deliberate? does she have a Queen of Hearts tattoo?

I'm amazed this show got a second Season (I didn't just imagine that, right?) because as a mystery it complete lacks anything to make it compelling (I just don't care whether Jane Doe is in fact Taylor Swift* or whether she and Stubbly get together) and as a procedural it completely lacks any sense of plausibility. The central mystery is potentially a promising one but TPTB seem to have no idea what to do with it: it shouldn't take 4 episodes before the Feds start wondering who and why somebody who had prior information about these attacks left cryptic clues tattooed on an amnesiac woman as opposed to just telling them (even if anonymity is critical, there has to be some way of sending an anonymous call/note/E-mail that would be easier than leaving cryptic tattoos - after all a person is considerably harder to conceal than a letter!). There may be some brilliant plan that links all these crimes and Jane, but I'm not holding my breath. Or to quote netfoot:

How did they discover these crimes in the making? Did CDC plotters get drunk in a bar and talk loudly about their plan?  Did drone-pilot guy get drunk in the same bar?  How am I supposed to believe that someone found out about all these secret plans?

It would also help if they didn't try to present the sceptic as being unhelpful as opposed to the only one talking sense. I'm sure the real FBI would have no problem with a woman with no verifiable background (but who is clearly involved somehow with various terror attacks) walking around with a gun. Also, it might work better if they were somehow removing tattoos when they were "solved" and revealed details underneath that clued them into the next case (I know that real tattoos don't work that way, but they could technobabble some way that means that they're not normal tattoos so we could actually get a sequence as opposed to just randomly happening upon the right tattoo just as the evil plot is going into effect).

Amethyst  Or is Weller just feeling guilty because she was stolen under his watch?

Sorry, I initially read that as "because she stole his watch" which would be almost be more believable than what they're running with!

As for the Case of the Week - well you have to hope that security procedures at the real CDC are more rigorous than those presented here, with two people who thought Twelve Monkeys presented an inspirational vision of the future rather than a nightmare, Then again, you'd hope the FBI are more rational than they're presented here, that the CIA are less concerned with ass covering than actually protecting the state than they are in Homeland and cops everywhere are just a little to ready to resort to torture when they know somebody is guilty (or maybe TV is trying to tell me I'm just hopelessly naïve)!

TWP glad that Blindspot confirmed that duct tape and plastic would save us from instant death via killer virus

From the folks that said "Duck & Cover" would protect you from nukes! Though it's a good job Jane swooped in at the last moment to take our monologuing villain down, because he seemed to have hypnotised Stubbly. Once he'd admitted his plan, you have an almost literal ticking time bomb scenario - don't just stand there, get him AWAY from the bio-bomb!

paigow
•"Money At Orb"
•"Ramen To Boy"
•"Me Try Naboo"

To bone Mary? To bore many? Or my new favourite, Ay, Trombone!

* OK, I know that isn't what they called her, but since it will inevitably turn out not to be her anyway, I can't be bothered to get it right!

Edited by John Potts
  • Love 1

Didn't Ashley Johnson say in episode one that they ran multiple spectrums of light over the tattoos? She didn't use UV light? (the explaination they give later is bullshit, btw.)

Also it takes hours for UV light to destroy pathogens and it wouldn't do anything for the pathogens in the clothing. They really should be in hazmat suits if it's that important for them to not bring anything in, or at least scrubbed down in a shower and provided with clean clothes.

Also you have your eyes open, while you get blasted with high intensity UV light? Are you trying to go blind?!

You are standing around a bag that is about to release a deadly virus, you loosely draped some thin plastic sheet over? Are you insane?!

That doctor is a dumbass. I doubt any scientist would think that way. Because it's completely irrational. Population growth is already slowing and the planet can easily support the projected number of people. The problem is more western society and its massive wastefullness and reliance on fossil fuel. But population in western societies has been going down steadily anyway, only kept at replacement rates through immigration.

Even if you are sure there are too many people on this planet. A disease would not be the way to solve the problem. All resources would be put into fighting it an nothing into fighting climate change. We have seen that during this pandemic. All the climate protests and strikes lost all their momentum. It probably thew us back half a decade.

This episode plays a bit different now than when it first aired...

On 10/13/2015 at 6:32 AM, Netfoot said:

How did they discover these crimes in the making? Did CDC plotters get drunk in a bar and talk loudly about their plan?  Did drone-pilot guy get drunk in the same bar?  How am I supposed to believe that someone found out about all these secret plans?

Prediction (for a show that is half a decade old but I haven't seen yet):

Project daylight is some mass survailance thing.They know everything about everybody. But it was so illegal it was scrapped. The fourth guy, who is supposedly dead, did all the tattooing with the information, probably with Jane's consent.

On 10/13/2015 at 9:51 AM, GaT said:

I said it last week, & I'll say it again this week. She's not Taylor Shaw, somebody screwed with her DNA.

More realistic would be if somebody had screwed with the DNA samples they had of the real Taylor Shaw, but I have a feeling this show doesn't necessarily go the realistic route...

On 10/14/2015 at 1:44 AM, Hobodeluxe said:

Excellent point. I didn't even think about that. No way to detect isotopes and link them to a time when you were a baby, unless you still have your baby teeth.

I guess if you throw enough shit at the wall eventually the audience will be so distracted, that most miss something as basic as this.

On 10/17/2015 at 12:29 AM, Bruinsfan said:

People already have their permanent teeth as small children, they just haven't emerged from the jawbone yet. For example:

Not as newborns.

Unless conveniently one of the the one set of permanent teeth got knocked out that have their first stage of development around birth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_tooth_development#Human_tooth_development_timeline

Even then, I'm dubioud if you could show where somebody was born with this method, unless it was close to chernobyl. It would be possible if she was born there and had lived there for a few years as a child. But that is not what they said. But okay, we'll go with it, I guess.

Edited by Zonk