Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: The Holy Trinity and Beyond

Well for all the kitchen-swooning on the shows, to me, the bathrooms are most important.
In the 1950s, when a third girl was born to our family, my father had another toilet (1/4 bath) installed in the basement of our 3-bedroom duplex.  It was in its own little room, but you used the laundry sink, but still...

• Love 2

My grandparents had seven kids, and my grandfather (a carpenter) built their house with one bathroom for him and Grandma, and one bathroom for the kids.  Now, I think the HHers would be absolutely horrified to think of seven kids sharing one bathroom, but my grandparents were seen by their friends as being kind of ritzy for having two bathrooms, in their house.  It was a different time, lol.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Sweet Summer Child said:

My grandparents had seven kids, and my grandfather (a carpenter) built their house with one bathroom for him and Grandma, and one bathroom for the kids.  Now, I think the HHers would be absolutely horrified to think of seven kids sharing one bathroom, but my grandparents were seen by their friends as being kind of ritzy for having two bathrooms, in their house.  It was a different time, lol.

I have a stepdaughter with husband and 7 kids who live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath house. So far no one has died.

• Love 3

I've noticed on a couple of flip shows lately that some people are going back to lighter-color wood floors. Wasn't it the Flip or Flop ATL lady who recently installed non-painted wood cabinets?

I love white appliances, especially the ones with chrome accents.

One thing HGTV taught me is that when I re-do my kitchen, I'm going for the things I like. I'm no trendsetter, but in the past, I've gone with things I liked and sometimes ended up being at the beginning of a wave. You just never know. 

• Love 8

With bathrooms it's funny, I mentioned to me daughter that a second bathroom was on the "would be nice" list for the new house but it wasn't a dealbreaker and she was absolutely shocked.  She can't even begin to imagine how 2 people can manage with only one bathroom.  I can't tell if she thinks we're brave or stupid.  Probably stupid :).

• Love 5
On 11/16/2018 at 10:00 PM, CherryAmes said:

She can't even begin to imagine how 2 people can manage with only one bathroom. 

A second bathroom is definitely better but I can't get over these house hunter shows with young buyers who demand a 3,000 sq ft house and at least 3 bathrooms.   In their starter home.  I should have been so lucky!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, BlossomCulp said:

A second bathroom is definitely better but I can't get over these house hunter shows with young buyers who demand a 3,000 sq ft house and at least 3 bathrooms.

The more bathrooms, the more cleaning and furnishing, too.  I know you don't need a lot in a bathroom but still there are towels, soap, TP, waste basket, etc.

• Love 2
On 11/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, CherryAmes said:

With bathrooms it's funny, I mentioned to me daughter that a second bathroom was on the "would be nice" list for the new house but it wasn't a dealbreaker and she was absolutely shocked.  She can't even begin to imagine how 2 people can manage with only one bathroom.

Admittedly, I’m one of those folks who couldn’t fathom not having more than one crapper per household; if I lived alone I’d consider it, but since my husband and I both have eerily similar potty schedules and we also regularly entertain, a two toilet home is a requirement for us. 

Plus, I think I still have PTSD from when a girlfriend and I were roomies in a 2 bd/1 bth apartment in college and we both somehow got hit with food poisoning at once...let’s just say that while one of us was locked in the potty unloading all sorts of waste, the other was left to desperately go about her own similar business in the kitchen sink. I think after that gross experience I made my mind up that I’d *never* be left without an extra potty nearby again.

I’m fairly low-maintenance otherwise and couldn’t even imagine owning a home over 2000 sf. As long as I have my two toilets, a safe place to park and a decent closet or two, I’m content.

Are the women on this show getting more demanding about “craft rooms” than they used to be? Seems like I’m hearing this demand even more lately than the dreaded “man cave” request.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I think after that gross experience I made my mind up that I’d *never* be left without an extra potty nearby again.

I don't blame you one bit. In fact, your experience confirms my own bias towards two bathrooms.

• Love 5

As for people who complain that the cabinets are not white, that's annoying. I don't get the big deal about what color the cabinets are. Is it because white cabinets are trendy? I just like well made ones with nice handles. As for countertops, I'm ok with granite or quartz. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

Agreed. I hate when they say that for a perfectly lovely kitchen that doesn't need to be gutted.

I saw a flip show the other day and the "gut job" was because the kitchen cabinets were maple.  They were gorgeous but they weren't white or gray so "gut job".

• Love 6

Also if the color of the countertop wasn't exactly what I liked, I could live with it.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, scootypuffjr said:

Copied from my post in HHI - I just had to vent some more; I've reached my tipping point here, I think:

And I am so beyond tired of "friends and family, friends and family" and needing an extra bedroom- I am at least aware enough that if I moved overseas, or even to the other side of the country (or even a couple of states away), I'm not seeing my ex-local friends again, unless I travel back myself. And maybe I'd see my family once a year, if I was lucky. Do these people think they're so exceptional and irreplaceable that everyone they know will want to spend all their vacation time and money going to see them? ...

Sheesh. Get over yourselves, people. You're simply just not. that. special. Sorry.

Yeah why would you assume that people would want to visit and stay with you. I agree with you.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

Is it because white cabinets are trendy?

Absolutely.   And they will be a thing of the past soon and white kitchens will be gut jobs.  Gah, people are such sheep, following trends instead of thinking for themselves.

• Love 6
On 10/26/2018 at 1:22 PM, Sweet Summer Child said:

Can someone explain to me why tile floors in the kitchen are so awful?  I've seen several episodes now where the HHers act like tile flooring needs to go, even when it doesn't look bad, and I'm stumped.  I know people have different tastes, but what is it about tile that makes these people want to vomit?  Please enlighten me.

I am happy with my tile floors. I don't see the big deal with having it. I heard though that if you get a lot of water or food on the hardwood floors it can stain them. So is that true?

On 10/26/2018 at 2:00 PM, CherryAmes said:

To me most of the time what they're saying is "it's so dated".  Which may well be true but what they're replacing it with will be dated in a few years too.  Which I guess is my biggest pet peeve.  A lot of the stuff these shows insist are must-haves really really aren't!  I mean totally get why they'd say take down the wallpaper or get rid of the avocado green appliances but painting over wood because "everyone" wants a white kitchen or, and this really steams my clams, painting over a red brick exterior "because it's so dated" just kills me.  Some stuff you can update again in a few years when fashions change but you'll never get the paint off that brick house! 

I can see kitchens from the eighties (with the formica and wood trim) and the ones from the 70's being really outdated (avocado and gold appliances etc.), but other stuff is not really outdated and they shouldn't say it is. 

On 10/26/2018 at 2:13 PM, Sweet Summer Child said:

I wonder if the open concept is ever going to go away?  I hope it does, but it's been years now, and people still seem to really want it.  I think it's so weird, though.  Why the hell would I need to "entertain" guests while I'm cooking, or watch my kids like a hawk while they're doing their homework in the living room?  (I don't have kids, BTW).  Honestly, open concept sounds like just more work for SAHMs; you don't get to have one minute away from the rest of the family, you must practice CONSTANT VIGILANCE, at all times.  Yeesh.

I get open concept for people who have young kids and want to cook and watch them play while doing it. I can understand why people would want to see their guests while they get food ready but my parents don't have true open concept and their guests will just come in the kitchen to talk to them, so its not a deal breaker in that case.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, chessiegal said:

Not going to happen. That would cost money.

Speaking of Craftsmen homes, I hate when the HH people say they have to have a Craftsmen home or a bungalow home (etc.). It sounds so pretentious.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, BlossomCulp said:

A second bathroom is definitely better but I can't get over these house hunter shows with young buyers who demand a 3,000 sq ft house and at least 3 bathrooms.   In their starter home.  I should have been so lucky!

I hate when they say they  need as many bathrooms as they have bedrooms. And the funniest thing is that these are couples not families even.

16 minutes ago, BlossomCulp said:

I saw a flip show the other day and the "gut job" was because the kitchen cabinets were maple.  They were gorgeous but they weren't white or gray so "gut job".

That's so annoying!

12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Absolutely.   And they will be a thing of the past soon and white kitchens will be gut jobs.  Gah, people are such sheep, following trends instead of thinking for themselves.

Right, have a certain of kitchen because it's the style you like not because it's trendy and its what you think you must have.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, Booklady1017 said:

That's so annoying!

Right, have a certain of kitchen because it's the style you like not because it's trendy and its what you think you must have.

Seriously; what’s up with the desperation to look like every other home that’s “in” for a few short years? So basic.

Like my husband and I just bought a slightly bigger loft down the hallway from our current one in our building(can’t wait to move in there next month!). It’s in a historic former factory building that was rebuilt in 2008, mind you...the loft itself is all exposed brick/metal pipes, dark cabinets, black granite countertops, metal tile backsplashes, stainless steel appliances...very 2008, right? Who cares?? The place still is very beautiful, sleek and modern—-yet I’ve had two folks already asking me when I’m going to swap out the black granite countertops for quartz, replace the cabinets with white or gray, and add white subway tile. Why do I want a perfectly lovely and functional kitchen to aesthetically reek  of 2016?! Ugh...I hate trendy home decor. 

• Love 12

Whenever I see white cabinets in the kitchen, all I can think about is how they will soon be spattered with grease and spaghetti sauce and grimy kids' handprints.  (Or maybe that's just in my house?)  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

(Or maybe that's just in my house?)  

Nope.  I'm a single senior and no matter HOW careful I am, I am always finding splatters of something.  And if I am canning anything at all I feel like I should put up drop cloths!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Whenever I see white cabinets in the kitchen, all I can think about is how they will soon be spattered with grease and spaghetti sauce and grimy kids' handprints.  (Or maybe that's just in my house?)  

We have a wet bar with white cabinets in our sunroom and something (probably a red sports drink) got spilled on a cabinet door and left a stain on the finish. No big deal in the sunroom, but if it were my kitchen I'd be upset. Any drink or even popsicle with red dye in it can leave a stain, even if it's wiped up right away. Soft Scrub might remove it, but not always. Grape juice is another offender.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I can only tell you it's not in mine.  Of course, I don't have kids, so that definitely helps.  As does the fact there are no cabinets close enough to my stove to get spattered with anything.  So I don't have any problem keeping my white cabinets clean; once a month or so, I use a Magic Eraser on the cabinets and refrigerator to remove anything visible on/around the handles (since even just regular ol' skin oil will build up over time) - quick and easy.

(I don't have a "white kitchen" like is now popular, just white - "white corn," actually - cabinets.  I like wood furniture to be stained, but wood trim/cabinetry to be painted, and since I don't use neutral colors on the walls, I do a neutral trim in each room; this one happens to be white with a very slight yellow tint to it, since the walls are a deep yellow.)

But that's how I feel about stainless steel refrigerators, beyond the fact I just don't really care for the look of them (too cold a look for me with that big an appliance; it would be out of place with the color scheme of any kitchen I've done), that it must show finger smudges more than other finishes and thus no thanks; I'm too lazy for cleaning that frequently, yet too twitchy to just let it be there in between less-frequent cleanings.

• Love 1

I take the looooooong view on the 'it's dated' thing- my house was built in 1872 and we built a kitchen addition in 2000. The dark floors in the Victorian part of the house went out of style 25 years ago, and are now firmly back in. I assume they'll soon be out again!

On the other hand, my relatively modern kitchen is currently out, but I have feeling it'll soon be back in. 

My sister put light granite counters and glass tile backsplash in her kitchen a couple of years ago, and now admits that when she wants to sell in 5 years, whoever buys it will tear it all out.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, 88Keys said:

This is my gripe with grout-intensive backsplashes.  Tomato or chocolate stains, at least that's what I was prone to.
For cabinets, I'd love those enamel ones, lime green.

• Love 2

My back splash, and wall tile in the kitchen and master bath uses a very different grout, it won't every stain, and never needs sealing.    It's worth every penny it costs.  I also went with ceramic, and porcelain wall tiles, so I don't have to worry about staining with those either, instead of travertine or other natural stones.     I don't cook much except for microwaving, but I do dye my hair and have to worry about dye spots splashing, so I went with tougher grout, and ceramic/porcelain tile.      It doesn't help that I'm also a klutz either.   

I don't have kids, so my white kitchen (the builder chose these, but they're better than the espresso/black cabinets that were the other choice, they make the kitchen look really dark) stays pretty clean.     However, a friend had white cabinets that came with the house, and two very active sons who chipped the daylights out of the cabinets over the years.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, Booklady1017 said:

The funny thing is that a lot of the people on these shows don't seem to realize that the reason they may like a style is because it's trendy. They act as if they came up with these choices on their own, as in "I like dark wood floors! It's just something I instinctively like because I have taste!" Nothing wrong with liking a trend but they don't even seem cognizant that this is a trend. And of course they have to act act completely flummoxed that the previous owners had different tastes or needs - like the need to for separate rooms. I have to laugh when I hear the potential buyers and realtor marvel at how a house  was "chopped up" - with rooms. That's another thing - if something isn't on trend then it has to be spoken of in a disparaging tone. Wood floors aren't dark enough? Guess that means you're living in "a bowling alley". Lol

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Mannahatta said:

The funny thing is that a lot of the people on these shows don't seem to realize that the reason they may like a style is because it's trendy

And they've essentially been told to like it by the decorating gurus of the era.  It's like they are sheep.

I have white appliances. I chose them.  I have a Corian countertop. I chose that. I have carpet - my choice.  Have paint on my walls that is actually a color and no backsplash - horrors.  Nothing that any HGTV show declares is "in" means squat to me. I know what I like and built and decorated that way.  When they pry the key out of my cold dead fingers they can do whatever but in the meantime I love my place.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Mannahatta said:

The funny thing is that a lot of the people on these shows don't seem to realize that the reason they may like a style is because it's trendy. They act as if they came up with these choices on their own, as in "I like dark wood floors! It's just something I instinctively like because I have taste!" Nothing wrong with liking a trend but they don't even seem cognizant that this is a trend. And of course they have to act act completely flummoxed that the previous owners had different tastes or needs - like the need to for separate rooms. I have to laugh when I hear the potential buyers and realtor marvel at how a house  was "chopped up" - with rooms. That's another thing - if something isn't on trend then it has to be spoken of in a disparaging tone. Wood floors aren't dark enough? Guess that means you're living in "a bowling alley". Lol

LOL you have some good points!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mannahatta said:

I have to laugh when I hear the potential buyers and realtor marvel at how a house  was "chopped up" - with rooms.

I have lost count now of how many times someone on a flip show points at walls and acts like they've just seen mold or a rat running across the floor!  The absolute horror of people building and/or buying a house with actual walls between the principal rooms.  Is there nothing sacred?

• Love 10

What I think is silly is how every surface in a house is flat latex paint.     When I grew up, bathrooms, and kitchens had semi-gloss usually, and that wiped clean easily, and lasted forever.     Now the flat paint needs to be shielded, or it takes a beating.     

• Love 4

I hate it when HHs tell the real estate agent, “You did well on this one, Suzie,” or something like that when they see a house they like. She didn’t build the friggin house! Don’t praise her like she’s your kid. She’s just doing her best to fulfill your request for a move-in ready, high-rise, open-concept vintage condo rancher with crown molding and and character—and walk in closets. Oh, and it’s got to be downtown and close to bars and restaurants, but you want a 3 car garage and don’t want to be able to see your neighbors. Sheesh.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, topanga said:

I hate it when HHs tell the real estate agent, “You did well on this one, Suzie,” or something like that when they see a house they like. She didn’t build the friggin house! Don’t praise her like she’s your kid. She’s just doing her best to fulfill your request for a move-in ready, high-rise, open-concept vintage condo rancher with crown molding and and character—and walk in closets. Oh, and it’s got to be downtown and close to bars and restaurants, but you want a 3 car garage and don’t want to be able to see your neighbors. Sheesh.

Those comments always sound phony to me, too, for another reason.  The realtors locate the decoys for the production company, i.e. not the house hunters.  The storyline is then developed by comparing and contrasting the 3 homes.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 3

This is probably somewhere earlier in the thread, but I'm starting to get annoyed at the shows (the place life shows) that have them pick nothing at the end. I get that if it was real, then you don't always find a house right away. But it seems like lately that is most episodes. And sometimes they are moving for a job, so you'd think that they would need to find somewhere to live.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, blueray said:

This is probably somewhere earlier in the thread, but I'm starting to get annoyed at the shows (the place life shows) that have them pick nothing at the end. 

Maybe they are getting desperate and people don't want to be bothered for what little they pay for the "privilege" of acting like idiots.  I believe at the beginning that participants had to already be in escrow to even apply and we found later that some people had been living in their places for an extended period of time.  So fewer applicants?  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

believe at the beginning that participants had to already be in escrow to even apply and we found later that some people had been living in their places for an extended period of time.  So fewer applicants

That is still the case with HH. 

Lately, the Hawaii Life ones are 50/50 that they buy.     I find that irritating.    Lately some of the Mexico episodes are doing the same thing, so I'm guessing they're not buyers, but looking to get the resorts on TV.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Add these peeves to my list of many:  I hate when buyers complain about how the house would affect their guests.  "I don't want to make my guests go downstairs/upstairs to use the bathroom." Or "I don't want to have my guests share a bathroom with the kids/me."  Do these people constantly have guests over?  And if so, I would think most of them would be family or close friends so does it really matter?   Unless the homeowner lives alone, I have yet to ever be in a house that had a "designated" bathroom that was specifically ONLY for guests.  Or "The dining room is too small to have all my guests once a year at Thanksgiving."  Why is it so difficult to set up a card table or two for the day with a nice tablecloth and place settings?  "This bedroom is too small for my guests."  If the guests aren't happy with the free accommodations, maybe they should stay at a hotel!

My other peeve is when buyers picture themselves out on the deck drinking their wine/ coffee or BBQing.  UGH!  I rarely hear people talking about actually eating meals on the deck.  Once it's warm enough, my family and I eat dinner al fresco all the time - whether it's cooked in the kitchen or out on the grill.  

• Love 5

Juliet73, I totally agree with you about buying a house to suit what you think a guest needs/wants.  You live in that house 24/7/365.  A holiday dinner guest might be there 4 or 5 hours 1 day a year, or someone might spend a weekend.  I have purchased 8 houses in my lifetime, and never once did I ever consider how the house would function for a guest.  Obviously I'm selfish.

The only episodes where I have heard buyers talk about eating outside are on the Hawaiian Life or Buying Hawaii series.    

• Love 6

One thing I absolutely love about House Hunters is the producers' subtleness.  They never resort to viciously beating us over the head with things like "Catio"....

• Love 4

I think the ones that keep talking about 'how many will it sleep', and worry about a lot of bathrooms, and guests, are probably the ones that are going to rent it out all of the time, and it's only an investment.       The ones where the family size and the number of beds are a huge mismatch are a dead giveaway.     There was one where it was a big one bedroom, and they had a bunch of kids, so that was obviously an investment.     When all they do is talk about the amenities, and how walkable it is, then it's probably not for them, but for the paying guests.     

I wonder how many Panama City places came through the hurricane OK? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, juliet73 said:

ADULTING! Ugh! I hear these hh'ers say it in almost every episode now! 

It started a few years back, when "gifting" replaced giving.  
Part of being an adult, is knowing the difference between a noun and a verb.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

It started a few years back, when "gifting" replaced giving.  
Part of being an adult, is knowing the difference between a noun and a verb.

I hate it when the house hunters talk about hosting... as in, "we look forward to hosting when we close on this overpriced, crappy house." That sounds so pretentious and just odd. Why don't they simply say they look forward to having parties or inviting their friends over? Would that be too normal sounding?

• Love 3

A small pet peeve, but I hate it when the show lies about house locations. I don't mind it when a couple says they're looking for a house in BigCity USA, and the realtor has to show them a house in Suburgatory in order fit their budget, as long as we're told that the house is actually in Suburgatory. The other night a couple was looking for homes in Wilmington, DE (Yay! near me), and they looked at a home that was 45 minutes away from their "target area." 45 minutes away from Wilmington is not Wilmington. And based on the new build house they were shown, which was in a brand new development with few other houses around it, they probably were in Middletown or Smyrna. Smyrna is in a completely different county.

• Love 3

I hate the "she will take all of the closet space for her shoes" routine.    And when they're looking at homes and he says "It's turnkey", and she keeps talking about hundreds of thousands in remodeling.     Like the people shopping for 'vacation' place in Dillon, CO, and she keeps talking about they want it to look like a log cabin, and everything needs to be redone, makes me think investment, and rentals.   

The one that makes me gnash my teeth every time is when one of the prospective buyers (it's usually the woman) says "I want a grand staircase for my kids to pose on for their prom photos".  Often spoken by someone who doesn't have any children yet, and how does he/she know that their still-unborn children will want to go to a prom, or will be invited to a prom, or if the school they attend nearly two decades from now (if the couple starts having babies RIGHT AWAY) will even HAVE a prom.  It's such an impractical, romantic-fantasy-based reason to embrace or reject a possible home purchase that it borders on a kind of insanity.  And yet you hear it voiced quite often on the show, added to the endless demands for open concept, hardwood floors, SS appliances, double sinks in the master bath, "character", cavernous walk-in closets that no matter their size, will still not be big enough for him to store even a pair of shoes after she gets all her stuff in, man-caves, she wants a Craftsman, he wants contemporary, she wants turn-key, he wants projects. blah, blah, blah.

The only reason I ever watch the show anymore (usually with the sound off) is to check out what's available for what prices in various parts of the country.  

• Love 7

I hate when people walk into a formal dining room and are shocked because there is carpeting!  They question why anyone would do that because of food messes.  Do these people not use a plate?  And eat at a table?  They'll probably "entertain their guests" in there twice a year anyway so I don't get all the fuss.  Also, it drives me crazy when buyers walk through an empty house and complain about how low the light fixtures are in the eating areas.  Again, TABLES PEOPLE!!! And finally, when people walk through a galley or smaller sized kitchen and bitch that they won't have enough room to walk around if both the dishwasher and the oven doors are open at the same time!  Why would anyone ever have an oven door open for more than a few seconds??  UGH!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Do these people not use a plate?  And eat at a table? 

Unless you have a bunch of toddlers or have food fights, what the heck is the big deal?  I grew up in a dining room with carpeting that included the time I was a baby (shower curtains under the high chair, people) and we never had an issue.  I have carpeting now.  But then everyone I invite uses proper table manners and napkins.

• Love 3
On 1/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, topanga said:

A small pet peeve, but I hate it when the show lies about house locations. I don't mind it when a couple says they're looking for a house in BigCity USA, and the realtor has to show them a house in Suburgatory in order fit their budget, as long as we're told that the house is actually in Suburgatory. The other night a couple was looking for homes in Wilmington, DE (Yay! near me), and they looked at a home that was 45 minutes away from their "target area." 45 minutes away from Wilmington is not Wilmington. And based on the new build house they were shown, which was in a brand new development with few other houses around it, they probably were in Middletown or Smyrna. Smyrna is in a completely different county.

There was a HH that was advertised as being in Minneapolis, but they were in Rogers, which is waaaay out there.  Another one was in St Paul but they were in surrounding suburbs.  In the cities you are just not gonna get a 4 bedroom 4 bath house on half an acre!  Sorry, it just won't happen without MAJOR tearing down of a neighboring house.

• Love 1

The carpet in dining room horror is funny to me.    Everyone I know that has hardwood flooring in the formal dining room have a big area rug under the table and chairs.      So you end up with carpet either way.   

I hate the episodes advertised as people looking for vintage homes, and you end up with three cookie cutter suburban houses that could be anywhere in the country.  Another thing I think is ridiculous are the people who want a vintage house, and then complain about the fact it's not open concept, the closets and bedrooms are tiny, and there isn't a huge master bath.   

Don't even get me started on the ones moving to the country, want acreage, and you know they will immediately let their dogs run, complain about the smelly farm animals, and the dirt from plowing, and want everything to look like an LL Bean catalog cover.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4