Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Cover

It seems like this version of the FBI relies primarily on undercover mind games. They probably should have made up a fake agency. I don't know much about the FBI but I can tell this can't possibly be even close to accurate.

I guess it's so they can set it in Quantico, no matter hor unrealistic and ridiculous it is since they act more like they're in a teen drama.

They should have just taken a page from Scarecrow and Mrs. King, where they called the government agency that Lee/Scarecrow worked for The Agency. They were able to use the words Quantico and Langley.

I'm trying, very hard, I'm trying to understand how Alex would even be allowed to apply to the FBI and be accepted, since the according to O'Connor? that he knows that it was Alex who killed her father? But I suppose, since, officially, it's Sita who shot him, it's totes okay!

I can't recall if it was in this thread or one of the other ones, but good lord, I'd forgotten that Priyanka was in the REBOOTED Don movies. Messing with the original that starred the best actor ever and so much more better was just too much for me.  

I don't know why I'm still watching. Because the whathefuckery is not entertaining and I'm not even a federal agent.

• Love 1

One thing I wonder, does the FBI Academy not have something called curriculum? It seems like everything that goes there is just at the whim of the instructors, without any clear guidance nor any real training of how the Recruits need to do their jobs.

• Love 3

One thing I wonder, does the FBI Academy not have something called curriculum? It seems like everything that goes there is just at the whim of the instructors, without any clear guidance nor any real training of how the Recruits need to do their jobs.

I'm assuming the real FBI Academy would have something like that, the writers otoh, obviously don't.

Maybe we're supposed to assume they have normal classes with a normal curriculum most of the time and we only see the "fun" assignments?

Possibly, it just seems like they just make things up to try and teach them a lesson that they themselves don't follow through when it matters like the imcompetent handling of Alex's manhunt.

• Love 1

Possibly, it just seems like they just make things up to try and teach them a lesson that they themselves don't follow through when it matters like the imcompetent handling of Alex's manhunt.

I agree, they don't deserve much benefit of the doubt there.

• Love 2

I agree, they don't deserve much benefit of the doubt there.

It really is when you compare the Quantico training scenes with the present day manhunt ones, it's just baffling.

Edited by Free

Well, when your curriculum is eighty percent mindgames designed to make the arrogant instructors feel good about themselves, and twenty percent finding ways to facilitate fraternization between gorgeous (but distrustful) classmates (including an official "NAT" uniform that looks like they're all playing dress-up as Han Solo, but with more form-fitting jerseys) you have to expect a little drop-off in technical proficiency, I would imagine.

• Love 3

Well, when your curriculum is eighty percent mindgames designed to make the arrogant instructors feel good about themselves, and twenty percent finding ways to facilitate fraternization between gorgeous (but distrustful) classmates (including an official "NAT" uniform that looks like they're all playing dress-up as Han Solo, but with more form-fitting jerseys) you have to expect a little drop-off in technical proficiency, I would imagine.

Might as well, the instuctors don't seem to know anything themselves so they just make stuff up.

• Love 1

That's what makes the line so utterly stupid.  Alex was crowing about how easy it is for her to read people, yet...terrorist. So, given what we know about the future, maybe reading people isn't as easy as she thinks?  Dumb line by the writers, that's all.

I think that's the point. She was young and foolish and too big for her britches. Now she's faced with the consequences of her hubris.

I'm enjoying this show a lot so far. It's a bit contrived, but I like the mystery and the actors, and I want to known what happens. O'Connor's got to be bad, right?

• Love 1
Really though, this episode was very silly.  The whole "test" thing was so dumb.  Basically an excuse to get everyone mad at each other and cause a bunch of stupid "drama"
I'm enjoying this show a lot so far. It's a bit contrived, but I like the mystery and the actors, and I want to known what happens.

I'm enjoying the show as well.  I'm watching it with the theory that it is written as a spoof with very new, very sincere actors who don't quite get that it's all a joke, which makes it even more funny.  I think it's a hoot.  

From that perspective (without feeling like I have to apply any critical thinking skills whatsoever), all of the secrets and misdirection about who the terrorist might be has been delightful, because it could plausibly be anyone (except Miranda, which means it is probably her).

The only thing I'm completely confused about is which twin is which.  Which one wanted to be a part of the project?  Which one is physically better at the challenges?  Which one left?  I wish the actress who plays them made it more clear which one is which.  I feel like the only clue when they're in a scene together is that one of them is wearing the headscarf.  But, since they alternate wearing that, I haven't gotten all my associations sorted yet.