Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Cover

At Quantico, Alex finally receives information about her father and his FBI past, but in the future it’s her mother, Sita, who plays a key role when Liam convinces her to participate in a press conference on national television begging Alex to turn herself in. Also at “Quantico,” the NATS learn the art of profiling and focus on their classmates’ strengths and weaknesses, ultimately challenging their confidence and comradery.

The camera certainly loves Priyanka Chopra in that swimsuit (with good reason).

This week in the FBI's counterproductive training program, apparently you can get reprimanded for following the instructions.  That's totally not a terrible message for a school to send when many of its exercises involve risks to the students.  Though at the same time, you would think more of them would have realized by now that all of these big tests seem to involve some sort of mind-game with the recruits.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 5

Well, that 'assignment' that Miranda gave the group was completely predictable. But yeah, now I'm starting to see the pattern of Alex always being in the right. Not necessarily that everyone is wrong, but I was wishing someone else stepped up and said 'hey, we should be sticking together, guys. This is probably a test of our loyalty to one another, geniuses'. And, of course Simon screws it up, because everyone has to be buddy-buddy and work together always. Ok, I get the reason for the assignment and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with it, but it still feels way too heavy handled. Also, dick move, Miranda. Have you ever thought about actually teaching these recruits something, other than 'don't listen to what I say because I could be lying and testing you'? 

It also looks like Simon 'leaves' or 'quits' or 'gets fired from' the FBI while still working undercover. And it seems most of the main recruits aren't FBI anymore? Or am I misinterpreting it?

Well, I like Simon more now, not really sure why. I love Shelby and Nimah still, and I still dislike Can't Act Caleb. Man, that 'drunk' scene was so bad.

Seriously? Alex's mom appears to have turned on her daughter, all because of a video tape of her knocking Simon out? Wow. But Alex was missing for a year. Whoop-dee-doo. Let me guess. She wasn't always in India. No, she got pregnant and had a child. No, no wait! She....*gasp* went to Afghanistan and had loads of fun learning how to build bombs and kill people. Yeah, that must be it.

So, we're all right in assuming Liam and Alex's dad knew each other, and apparently have been close. And Miranda and Sita have met each other at one point. 

Miranda has a son. Not that much of a shocker for me. Natalie has a daughter. That was a shock. Miranda's son is also in jail because of her. Ok, I'm just gonna say he did something bad and she had to turn him in. And Shelby has a lot of money, apparently. Mmmkay.

The bomber and the one setting Alex up is Mark Pellegrino's character, I'm calling it right now. His characters are almost always evil. Almost always. Therefore, he's evil in this one. I'll be surprised if he is innocent. 

• Love 2

While I am enjoying the soapiness of this show in general, I'm not too keen on the "we're cutting people!" rigamorale and how ridiculous it made everyone.  That Miranda wasn't actually going to cut anyone didn't make it any better.  She was annoyingly self-righteous, and I find it hard to believe that no one until Simon decided to put in a vote to sacrifice a few to benefit the greater number -- which while not fuzzy-wuzzy let's-be-a-team friendly seems like the kind of hard decision FBI agents might need to make now and again.  ("Hard to believe" from a writing perspective, not from thinking this is an actual thing, ha.)

I wonder then if Simon was undercover all along (as I half suspected before) or if it's just been in the "present" time.

Was that Vasquez crying about not being able to see her daughter?  She was practically unrecognizable.

• Love 2

Not necessarily that everyone is wrong

I would say incompetent or stupid is more accurate.

That Miranda wasn't actually going to cut anyone didn't make it any better.

These lessons are very predictable, especially for me, or maybe because I've seen this scenario so many times before.

I assumed it was Vasquez because there were were vignettes for the others. But she looked practically unrecognizable.  And I'm getting very tired of all these surprises about everyone popping up continually.  Another is that Simon is working for the FBI undercover.  It's over done and actually takes away from the show because you can never get really involved in it, you're always waiting for the next spin.

I'm still watching but not for long.  Miranda's exercise was superly stupid.

I also hated Alex crying because now that she's found out that her father was "a hero", she's overcome with remorse at having shot him. News flash, Alex, a man can be an hero and still abusive and a danger to his family.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 16

So Simon is helping Alex but in actuality is helping Mark Pellegrino, which probably isn't good.

I wonder how Miranda got her son put in prison.

And Shelby has a lot of money, apparently. Mmmkay.

I think it's always been suggested that Shelby comes from a well-off background. Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1

While I am enjoying the soapiness of this show in general, I'm not too keen on the "we're cutting people!" rigamorale and how ridiculous it made everyone.  That Miranda wasn't actually going to cut anyone didn't make it any better.  She was annoyingly self-righteous, and I find it hard to believe that no one until Simon decided to put in a vote to sacrifice a few to benefit the greater number -- which while not fuzzy-wuzzy let's-be-a-team friendly seems like the kind of hard decision FBI agents might need to make now and again.  ("Hard to believe" from a writing perspective, not from thinking this is an actual thing, ha.)

I agree! And that reminds me of another point I thought of while I was watching. I know Miranda said this was the first time this exercise was done, judging by Liam's reaction...or maybe it wasn't. But still, why the hell would she tell the recruits that in all her years of doing this exercise, this is the first time it's failed, or whatever? Really? Do people really believe that every recruit has stuck by the rest of them and not turned on each other? Does Miranda take these people for being stupid? Apparently they are, if they believe that. And please, I'd be considering turning on these recruits because at the end of the day, they're not my friends. They could be the reason why I'm killed or worse, apparently framed for terrorism. It's just stupid that Miranda wants the recruits to think that thinking about yourself is apparently wrong, and being 'team first' is better. I'd admit that I would cut Caleb in a heartbeat. I wouldn't want his dumbass to be the reason why I get harmed in the field. 

• Love 3

God this show is dumb. And not in the fun way.

So, Agent Cougar Town (O'Connor?) is connected to Alex's mother? And Miranda's son blah blah boring cakes.

Someone needs to tell these writers that complications don't equal complexity.

I did like the Quantico scenes better than the future scenes, even though the squabbling felt very high school.

Shelby is still a non-entity to me. Ditto Caleb.

Vazquez makes me irrationally angry.

Raina/Nimah and Simon are the only characters intriguing me.

• Love 1

I also hated Alex crying because now that she's found out that her father was "a hero", she's overcome with remorse at having shot him. News flash, Alex, a man can be an hero and still abusive and a danger to his family.

I know, it didn't redeem his actions in the flashback.

• Love 4

Also, this. Dude, he was harming your mother. Just because he's an FBI agent and a 'hero' doesn't mean it wasn't a danger to your family. Jesus Christ. This moment made me absolutely drop Alex like a hot potato. Actually, no, more the writing than anything. Writers, you suck. Buzz off and stop writing this piece of crap.

• Love 6

It'll probably never be mentioned again, but I really want to know what 3 people Simon voted out.

I kept thinking they would show Miranda reading it or Agent Dime Eyes seeing it on her desk.

• Love 4
which while not fuzzy-wuzzy let's-be-a-team friendly seems like the kind of hard decision FBI agents might need to make now and again.

It irked me greatly that the point of this episode's exercise seemed to be, everybody should be BFFs. No, that is not how life. works.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

Yeah, I didn't like that scene either. One, as you say, it doesn't make sense to regret defending Mom just because Dad was a hero. Two, Priyanka tried to oversell her grief with the sobbing. Just wasn't buying it.

The Nimah/Raina issue is just about the best thing going for this show. The twists and turns with Simon and Shelby interest me as well. It also isn't clear at all who the traitor is yet, which I think is a positive. Just when I'm sure of someone, something happens with another person to make me change my mind.

This show certainly has weaknesses, but it's entertaining, mostly.

Edited by damalanop
  • Love 5

It'll probably never be mentioned again, but I really want to know what 3 people Simon voted out.

You see, all the twists and turns and whacked up 'exercises' has me questioning this. I don't think Simon voted anyone out, I think whatever was on that paper was something completely different, maybe his 'agent' status. The conversation he had with her just didn't add up in my head as him ratting people out. This is the trouble with the kind of show that wants to fool you at every turn.

Also, what was Shelby doing with that million dollars? I can't read something that small on my TV

• Love 3

I, like everyone alive, saw the 'twist' coming marching down Broadway but I was hoping that Simon and two others would be the ones who voted, and the 3 kicked out.  But the whole lesson was bullshit anyway.  If they kick nobody out, it teaches the cadets to ignore their unreliable teachers and apparently 'loyalty' to each other is the most important virtue.  Let's see them apply that when they find out one of the folks they're supposed to be loyal to is a traitor.

The whole thing in the pool brought out my inner Morbo - ZIP TIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!  If you don't tighten them, they're useless from the get-go and they use them as handcuffs because they are. not. fragile.  

• Love 3

That reminds me of another thing, I thought the thing in the pool was supposed to be a 'teamwork' exercise so wouldn't Vasquez be marked DOWN for leaving her partner to drown? She wasn't -better- than Nimah in that exercise, she didn't do the exercise correctly.

• Love 9
It's just stupid that Miranda wants the recruits to think that thinking about yourself is apparently wrong, and being 'team first' is better.

See, I thought this was the actual purpose of the exercise. How can you work together as a team, trust your fellow FBI agents if you are only thinking of yourself? By being selfish and self-centered, you put your fellow agents, the FBI and the public at a whole, at significant risk. You also - as an agent in a precarious situation - would most likely need to consider sacrificing yourself for the greater good (aka, the USA, the FBI, the People, etc) if you tended towards selfless. Which is what the FBI wants.

If you are selfish, thinking of only yourself, then you are a weakness to the FBI. Because how could another agent trust you, when you are only in it for yourself?? So when an opportunity arises, where it's either your life, or your betray your colleagues, which do you choose? If a gun is pointed at your partners head, and your own also, what do you do? Cowtow, or find a way to save both you and your partner? The FBI wants you to choose the FBI/Partner/Colleagues. If you were to choose yourself, then you are an inherent weakness and easily manipulated.. I think that was the message.

At least, that's the message I got from Miranda's little exercise, and it totally made sense (to me).

• Love 12

Are they kidding me with this teen soap nonsense? The whole exercise was dumb, and probably more harmful than helpful. I know nothing of Quantico, but even I was like, this cannot be at all like how things work at the FBI. And then everyone fighting after the profiles were revealed was silly. Am I supposed to believe these are adults in their twenties and thirties?

As for the storyline After The Bombing, so mostly everyone in the FBI is out to frame Alex?

I want to like this, but I think I only have about one more episode's worth of patience.

• Love 5

Because OF COURSE Alex got out of the zipties first. And she's the super duper leader who explains to everyone how Miranda's exercise works. Which, btw, was stupid. Why is it so important that everyone is BFFs?

The locker room scene was straight up out of a bad high school show. Yikes. Actually a lot of the Quantico scenes are straight up high school. It's like Boarding School: The FBI Years or something.

Priyanka's Bollywood acting showing up. Ughhhhhh.

Shelby is transferring a million dollars...using FBI wifi? Brilliant.

Simon and the twins are the most intriguing parts of this show to me. I also like Shelby but the continued insistence on her making eyes at Caleb grates, big time.

I really had higher hopes for this show. I can handle soap and drama and cheese. Stupid is what I can't handle. But hoo boy, there is a lot of stupid going on here.

• Love 6

Because OF COURSE Alex got out of the zipties first. And she's the super duper leader who explains to everyone how Miranda's exercise works. 

She's a Mary Sue, she knows everything, she does everything right, she's the best at everything including being better than the entire FBI. The entire plot of this show is stupid, & I'm sure it's going to take the entire season to find out who & why are setting her up.

• Love 4
See, I thought this was the actual purpose of the exercise. How can you work together as a team, trust your fellow FBI agents if you are only thinking of yourself? By being selfish and self-centered, you put your fellow agents, the FBI and the public at a whole, at significant risk

I think this was the ostensible point but it doesn't bear scrutiny.  It can easily be turned on its head - would not the FBI be far better off by clipping the weak branches?  Even if you feel queazy about doing it, the good of the agency and the team comes first so man-up and vote some folks out.

Alternatively, it could mean exactly the opposite, that loyalty to your team, weak links and all, is the ultimate virtue.  Even when your 'duty to the FBI' (who just told you to clip some weak branches) conflicts with this, you shouldn't turn on them.  Fine and dandy, but what if you discover one of your teammates might be a terrorist?  Do you hold your tongue out of loyalty?  Maybe telling would be the selfish, easy path, so you should stay loyal to them to the end.  

I think the whole exercise was stupid, as was the 'resolution'.  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

Simon is interesting. Does this mean he was another agent like whatshisface?

Did it say who Shelby was transferring money to?

Natalie sobbing about her daughter did not warm her up any to me.

I also thought Simon had something besides his vote on that piece of paper.

• Love 1

Amazing that this entire class of FBI recruits are so lame. Of course, half of them probably aren't even recruits at all.

I cannot help but scream to my TV that a hoodie over your long flowing hair is not an adequate disguise!

• Love 2

Shelby is transferring a million dollars...using FBI wifi? Brilliant.

Maybe it's so much better to use the FBI wifi because it's kinda super encrypted, you know.

The show is so horribly stupid that I must watch some scenes twice to believe that I'm not dreaming, but still I'm hooked somehow.    

• Love 4

Other than overreacting to the near touch of the analyst, did all the time spent with Simon this episode steer clear of the one character trait he was given in prior eps: that he may or may not be pretending to be gay? I can see why Booth's "evaluation" wouldn't mention it; because it was probably a violation...but not even a mention from Alex, even as to his post-Quantico living situation? Or was Pellegrino not only his boss but his lover/partner when he entered the program, and why he needed a fake BF for his photo?

She's a Mary Sue, she knows everything, she does everything right, she's the best at everything including being better than the entire FBI. The entire plot of this show is stupid, & I'm sure it's going to take the entire season to find out who & why are setting her up.

I've watched TV/movies for years, going back to when female leads were few and far between, so the idea that the lead is better than everyone else doesn't bother me if it's a female any more than when it used to be male, but I did get a chuckle out of the fact that even her "negative" was something like "overachiever", sort of like how you answer "I may be too meticulous" when asked for a negative in  a job interview.

Of course Miranda has a son in the prison system! Sterotype checklist marked.  Don't the twins have some sort of deal with Miranda that would preclude one of them bailing? And, darn it, show, you didn't prove me wrong about Shelby, necessarily, but you made her likable this episode! Now I'm thinking Caleb might actually be "it". Finally, Booth has a fine physique.

• Love 2

Really show? The first black guy you show on screen is in prison. Seriously? I find it weird this show is so racially diverse among the women, but wall to wall white guys.

I doubt the FBI wifi the NATS use in their dorm is encrypted, so that payment should be easily traceable.

I understand Alex being conflicted about killing her father. Even though she knows he was abusing her mother, finding out he did some good things must be hard to deal with, the good part wasn't the lie she convinced herself it was. I would rather that scene was Shelby comforting her rather than Agent CarSex though.

This show is never going to be the most realistic thing on TV. But it keeps me entertained for 43 minutes and wanting to comeback next week. Can't ask for more than that!

• Love 4

I thought this episode was the worst, by far.  Plot twists for the sake of plot twists, not answering any questions, throwing random characters in because "why not?" and of course, the continued perfection of our lead.  I like Alex, but her superiority in every area is getting to be over the top.

This show thinks it is much better than it is.  The constant twists and never allowing the audience to believe anything about the characters prevents me from actually caring about any of them.  And I find it just too ridiculous for words so if I don't care then I am not sure why I should spend much time worrying about who the real terrorist is.  Way to go show-you made terrorism boring.

• Love 10

Despite the fact that this show is unrealistic as hell (I have a cousin who is a FBI agent and "just can't" with this show) I find it fun. I have gotten tired of Shonda Rhimes shows but i still like the format of them and Quantico is a fun bright empty popcorn thriller which is nice for Sunday Night. Plus I like most of the main cast.

The only thing that seems falsetto me is Alex and Agent CarSex. I honestly have no interest in Jarhead CarSex guy. If the show pulls a Olivia/Fitz with them I will be disappointed. All the other characters are at least vaguely interesting.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

After The Bombing, so mostly everyone in the FBI is out to frame Alex?

Whenever there is a violent act of terror like the bombing of Grand Central "Terminus", The FBI is pre-disposed to find that it was done by "One Person, Acting Alone."  It is called the "Lone Wolf" or something like that.  It is a Cover Your Ass response that is more about absolving yourself of any blame, than it is about locating the actual guilty party or parties.

See, If the action was perpetrated by one person who never discussed the plan with anyone, then the FBI can't be blamed for failing to discover the plot in advance, and putting a stop to it.  If there is any kind of conspiracy, then they are supposed to discover, infiltrate and destroy the conspiracy before the bomb goes off.  

Remember the Central Olympic Park bombing in 1996?  The FBI immediately accused Richard Jewell, the security guard, based on no good evidence, but because they needed to shed the blame for not preventing the explosion.  

• Love 6

I am quickly losing interest in this show that only seems to want to show off great bodies and make everyone suspicious. I thought they were on the right track with Simon getting real evidence (the fingerprints), but he didn't do anything with it, so what's the point? They need to start getting some  answers instead of just more questions, or I'm out.

Edited by Julie23
  • Love 3

Whenever there is a violent act of terror like the bombing of Grand Central "Terminus", The FBI is pre-disposed to find that it was done by "One Person, Acting Alone."  It is called the "Lone Wolf" or something like that.  It is a Cover Your Ass response that is more about absolving yourself of any blame, than it is about locating the actual guilty party or parties.

See, If the action was perpetrated by one person who never discussed the plan with anyone, then the FBI can't be blamed for failing to discover the plot in advance, and putting a stop to it.  If there is any kind of conspiracy, then they are supposed to discover, infiltrate and destroy the conspiracy before the bomb goes off.  

Remember the Central Olympic Park bombing in 1996?  The FBI immediately accused Richard Jewell, the security guard, based on no good evidence, but because they needed to shed the blame for not preventing the explosion.  

Now that I have gotten older or whatever I have realized that I like this kind of show.  Some people start to like the CBS procedurals because they are simple and easy I like show like Quantico, the Blacklist and Blindspot in large part because they have pretty glossy  people doing actiony crazy things.  Hey different tropes for different folks   The one thing that will annoy me about this show though is if it turns out to be some global conspiracy.  I can see a couple people or a group framing Alex because....well reasons (Maybe her father did something that pissed them off) but I don't want to see some big global FBI framing conspiracy.  I don't exactly know why but I just don't.

On the plus side.  I don't hate anyone yet.  Car sex guy is meh and I also don't want tru lub  Olivia/Fitz Scandal bullshit with him and Alex but besides that all the main cast is working for me.  I especially like Alex's roommate and the Middle Eastern twins.    The Middle Eastern Twins fight worked for me.  One is very talented but has traditional beliefs and needs while the other is less talented but wants to go out and experience the world and both are supposed to match the other.  Now with the more talented gone how will the other survive and adapt especially since she is the weakest of the group. Will she step up or fall on her face?  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

This show thinks it is much better than it is.  The constant twists and never allowing the audience to believe anything about the characters prevents me from actually caring about any of them.  And I find it just too ridiculous for words so if I don't care then I am not sure why I should spend much time worrying about who the real terrorist is.  Way to go show-you made terrorism boring.

I had a similar thought as well. This show has some good ideas, and with better scripts, directors, actors maybe, it could be really, really good -- despite some unrealistic things.

• Love 2

I did chuckle about the fact that in the locker room, Simon was speaking quite loudly about his "stalker" who was standing like 10 feet away, but the stalker somehow didn't manage to hear the conversation.

Priyanka Chopra is sometimes really terrible with the emotional scenes.  When she was breaking down about her father while Booth held her?  No bueno.

Loved Alex going off on Simon at Quantico.  "I thought I knew you."  Yes, you've been together all of three weeks, but you somehow already know the guy sooo well?  Which brings me to my next point...

"This will be easy.  I've never had trouble reading people" says Alex before Miranda's class exercise.  Hilarious, considering we know that one of these people she's never had trouble reading is a fucking terrorist!

• Love 2

"This will be easy.  I've never had trouble reading people" says Alex before Miranda's class exercise.  Hilarious, considering we know that one of these people she's never had trouble reading is a fucking terrorist!

I thought that was the point. Alex has been surrounded by people she thinks she knows and one of them is setting her up.

• Love 3

I know nothing of Quantico, but even I was like, this cannot be at all like how things work at the FBI.

You'd be better off making up your own ideas of Quantico, which will most likely be more accurate.

No wonder someone wants to set her up.

• Love 6

Miranda has a son. Not that much of a shocker for me. Natalie has a daughter. That was a shock. Miranda's son is also in jail because of her. Ok, I'm just gonna say he did something bad and she had to turn him in.

I thought it was mentioned last week that Miranda turned her son in for making a terrorist threat (attack?) against the school she was parked in front of. Or maybe it was implied. Or maybe I hallucinated it. This show piles on so many random plot elements in rapid burst fire, who knows if it'll make any sense at the end? Maybe it's hoping the audience will be too dazzled by Priyanka Chopra to care? Look! She's wearing a swimsuit! She's pretty, but not that pretty.

So, Ryan told Alex that he'll help her but he needs to make it seem that she's guilty. And now Simon tells her that he'll help her, but once again, he has to make it appear that she's guilty. And... they're both undercover agents working for shady senior agents. Uhhh... I don't think anyone needs to frame her since she capable of doing it herself by being so freakin' gullible. At this point, I'm beginning to think that the bombing was an FBI mistake due to incompetence (have you seen how poorly they screen their recruits?) and they're covering it up by framing Alex.

• Love 2
I'm getting very tired of all these surprises about everyone popping up continually.

"They don't know that we know they don't know that we know!"

The one thing that will annoy me about this show though is if it turns out to be some global conspiracy.

I'm waiting for the big reveal to be that the president or some other evil person within the government set the whole thing up to see how quickly and accurately the FBI would solve a big case like this. This show is grandiosely stupid enough to go there.

I did chuckle about the fact that in the locker room, Simon was speaking quite loudly about his "stalker" who was standing like 10 feet away, but the stalker somehow didn't manage to hear the conversation.

I thought Stalker might have heard, because he kept looking in Simon's direction, but he didn't do anything because they were in a crowd. But again, the show is stupid enough to make it that Stalker didn't hear a thing.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
I thought that was the point. Alex has been surrounded by people she thinks she knows and one of them is setting her up.

That's what makes the line so utterly stupid.  Alex was crowing about how easy it is for her to read people, yet...terrorist. So, given what we know about the future, maybe reading people isn't as easy as she thinks?  Dumb line by the writers, that's all.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

This show is so bad, and yet I'm drawn in.

Which twin left? Mean twin? (Is it sad that I can't keep track of their names?)

With the previous scene where Miranda was watching the school... is it possible her son was planning some kind of school shooting/ bombing, and she turned him in? Except that would be kind of weird that he was getting out so soon, or was in a prison rather than some kind of mental health place or troubled teen program (where one would think he might end up if he was a minor who didn't actually commit a crime.) Or maybe I'm reading too much into last week's scene.

I like Simon, or at least the Simon actor. 

So everyone except Alex, is involved in some sort of long-con? I'm tired of the constant twists, as well, although people here have seen them all ahead of time. Shelby found out things she didn't like about her parents, Simon also seemed to be undercover, etc.

I can't believe her mum threw her under a bus so easily - that film didn't show her taking a hostage, it showed her *running*.

• Love 2

The writers have gotten confused and forgotten that the FBI is a law enforcement agency not some sort of deep cover Special Forces Unit about to be dropped behind enemy lines.

They also seem not to know that the FBI handles more than just terrorism. There is a bunch of bog standard regular crime they deal with.

• Love 4

I thought Stalker might have heard, because he kept looking in Simon's direction, but he didn't do anything because they were in a crowd. But again, the show is stupid enough to make it that Stalker didn't hear a thing.

Oh, I think Stalker heard Simon.  Simon and Ryan were just talking to Caleb who was standing right next to Stalker (sorry. I forgot his name).  Then in the exact same voice level, they were talking about Stalker.  I think Simon truly doesn't care what the guy thinks about him.  If anything, he's worried that Stalker is going to find out that he's not really gay.  I'm still not understanding the "pretending to be gay" bit, if that's what it is.  For his undercover role later on?

Also, what was Shelby doing with that million dollars? I can't read something that small on my TV

For upthread re the comment that Shelby apparently now has money... she has always had money.  I thought on Day 1, didn't we see her getting dropped off to Quantico in her limo?  And she was transferring her money. I'm assuming to the person she was speaking to in Arabic on the phone.

I enjoyed the episode, even if a lot of it didn't make any sense.  What was the point of the swimming pool exercise?  I think it was supposed to be "trust and rely upon each other".   And this exercise was closely followed by "I'm going to pretend to try and get you all to turn on each other".  So the message was "rely on each other" but then Miranda told them all that they had no choice but to turn on each other?  But they really were supposed to rely on each other after all?  If the whole point was to rely on each other, then Miranda should also have called out Natalie for abandoning Nimah in the pool.

Seems to me the whole point of the swimming pool exercise was "let's show off Priyanka Chopra in a swimsuit".  With a side of Caleb in a towel.  Oh, and let's show the creepy gay stalker guy, who is fully dressed and should be leaving, just hanging around in the men's locker room ogling people.  Never mind if it might be an offensive stereotype.

I don't know what to make of this show anymore.  I don't know who did what or when they did it or why they did it.  I do enjoy the mystery though.  Just like "How to Get Away With Murder", this show is like an onion, and with each week, they are slowly peeling it, exposing one layer but making you wonder more about what else is underneath.

Which twin left? Mean twin? (Is it sad that I can't keep track of their names?)
Mean twin.  I think that is Raina.  The one that is not as good physically as the other.