Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Guest Shark Troy Carter, Foot Cardigan, Two Guys Bow Ties, ValPark, Nerdwax

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Did it make your nose feel waxy?  While they were giving there pitch, all I could think of is that your nose would be waxy afterward.  

Not really.  The consistency isn't all that different from Chapstick (just that it's sticky where Chapstick is smooth).  Your skin absorbs it eventually.

• Love 1

If they are going to switch out Sharks I wish they would do it with Lori's spot; she's my least favorite.  Her only upside this season is that she hasn't said "a hero or a zero" during these first 3 episodes.  Robert is my favorite, followed by Daymond.  Please, sub for Lori!

Absolutely.  Does Lori have it in her contract that she can't miss a show?  I would so much rather see Robert, Barbara or Daymond any day of the week.  If I were an entrepreneur she would be the last person I'd want to work with, selling your product on QVC just seems so demeaning and I don't think she's shown any evidence she can do much else.  I was amazed when the pizza guy took her offer the other week, has she ever proven she can handle a food product?   Barbara has done well with the Lobster guys and I think others.

I think Kevin may be trying to tone down the Mr. Mean act if this episode is any indication.  I'm sure he is a smart guy but I can see where some of the entrepreneurs may find him intimidating at this point.

I agree Daymond looks great in the wooden fedora.  I liked Troy better than Ashton or Nick Woodman in their guest appearances.

When the most ingenious product featured on an episode is wax that keeps glasses from sliding down your nose, you know that Shark Tank has reached peak levels of useless crap.

http://previously.tv/shark-tank/the-futures-so-bleak-mark-cubans-gotta-wear-shades/"> Read the story

I always thought you know it is a bad one when the final pitch isn't even good enough to get a deal. You would think you would want to end the show on your best pitch that the Sharks actually fight over. But in this case it was an OK pitch that 2 sharks gave really bad deals, that were declined.

Troy Carter's namedropping of all the tech companies he's invested in wasn't quite as obnoxious as Nick Woodman making every third word "GoPro," but it was close.

I ordered a tube of Nerdwax.  We'll see how it goes.

i think my biggest takeaway was my utter shock at how much money Wicked Good Cupcakes has made in the last two years.

How good Wicked Good Cupcakes was doing was crazy, especially since I remember they didn't get a very good deal from Kevin. I guess it just goes to show how positive the international exposure the show can give is.

The bowties seemed a bit ridiculous to me. Not many people can pull off a bow tie without looking funny I think. A wooden one makes it more difficult. A fedora is even harder to pull off. Hell even Jon Hamm doesn't wear a fedora in everyday life and even I can recognize that Don Draper rocked a fedora.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

It has taken me this long to watch this epi as I have grown disinterested with this show and have several weeks worth on my PVR. Now I remember why - I was totally bored. And not having Robert just made it that much worse. I hated the guest shark. He had a perpetual frown on his face - was very annoying to watch. I don't know why either a producer or someone behind the camera didn't tell him to stop with the grim face. Ugh.

Just watched the repeat with my son last night who said "well if everyone starts wearing wooden bowties, then they aren't special and unique anymore."

Nobody seems to want to do a deal with Kevin.

As a Canadian, I watched him for many years on Dragon's Den where he was really horrible to some of the more pathetic pitchers. It also got to the point where nobody wanted to make a deal with him anymore.

The most telling example of how, I don’t know, mean he is, was when a bunch of kids from a poor neighborhood, came asking for 10K to expand their salad dressing business Hope Blooms. Kevin did nothing, but the other 4 dragons each GAVE the kids 10K who have since really improved the sales. Kevin really is all about the money.

• Love 1

The most telling example of how, I don’t know, mean he is, was when a bunch of kids from a poor neighborhood, came asking for 10K to expand their salad dressing business Hope Blooms. Kevin did nothing, but the other 4 dragons each GAVE the kids 10K who have since really improved the sales. Kevin really is all about the money.

Every time I see that episode in reruns, I tear up.  It is such a great story.  And why I loved David.  He was the first one to jump in and offer the money for no equity.  He's a good guy.  Kevin, not so much.

• Love 1