Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Dr. Nassif Saved My Life

OnceSane

Paul saves a woman's life and then fixes her nose, while Terry repairs a DJ's oversized chest. Together the doctors meet a woman with anxiety issues and help her find a solution to terrible treatments she had done in Tijuana.

That nose flap looked a little weird. But, Luci's nose looked so much better. Paul is an awesome doctor and so sweet.

Can this show just feature Paul and not Terry?

Heather, Terry's wife is so obnoxious.

• Love 4

Well, after watching enough of this series I am convinced NOT to go outside of the country for discount plastic surgery!

The woman's nose looked great when Dr. Nassif was done. I was so happy for her! I caught a few minutes of the after show, but it was my bedtime. That nose flap had me cringing. I'm just glad it all worked out for her. LOVED her mother flirting with the Dr. at the party, LOL!

The other woman, who had the breast reduction - her girlfriend seemed very hesitant to come "out" and admit they were a couple in the beginning. I wonder if that was her way of coming out to her family.

• Love 1

Okay, this seals the deal.  I love Dr. Nassif.  He got verklempt over Luci being more confident and outgoing and being able to do more with her daughter.  He really did an incredible job on Luci.  They focused on the nose, but he also pulled her face forward, creating a normal profile and corrected the connection from the brow ridge to the bridge of her nose.  

As for Dr. Dubrow, he is so unprofessional.  Before he looks at her nipples he starts to talk about nipple loss and using leeches.  Why unnecessarily scare a post-op person?  After all that, her breasts were still lopsided.  

E really needs to give up on creating other shows for Dubrow.  The after show was painful.  What a waste of time.  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 3

Terry really is an enigma (to me, anyway - I don't watch RHOC so I know nothing about him in that incarnation).  I actually do think he's skilled and conscientious in his work, and I too love when he geeks out over the science stuff, but the last thing I would want in a plastic surgeon I'm depending on to repair boobs I'm self conscious about is inappropriate joking.  Now, probably my demeanor would put him off (I hope) and his behavior on the show might simply be geared to the (mostly) narcissistic personalities they are dealing with.  

Hopefully the success of the show will lead to more stories about helping people who were victims more of circumstance/disease/congenital issues than impulse budget trips to Tijuana.  (Not saying those people don't deserve help for their botched surgeries, just getting a bit weary of the Wild and Wacky Dim Bulb Parade.)  If they can morph the show more into regular people like Luci having life-changing surgeries, that would be an awesome use of reality television.  

Paul continues to impress - always liked him on RHBH, and I like those flashes of genuine irritation with Terry's immaturity.  And when he went off on that twin, THAT was golden.   

• Love 5

I concur. Terry's a jerk, and Paul is delightful. I love him. He was genuinely moved by Luci's plight and I really appreciated how much he cared about helping her. She looked great afterwards. (As a Bostonian I'm usually pretty sanguine about the level of medical expertise available to us. A good reminder that, even though we are hip deep in great doctors here, we have our share of quacks! Proof positive that you don't have to go to Tijuana to have bad plastic surgery.)

• Love 2

I was so touched to see how moved Paul was with the situation with Luci. Dang, Paul, your tears almost had ME in tears. She looked great. Paul definitely has mad skillz and just seems like a decent person. (FTR, never liked his ex but I guess that's another show)

I liked Tuesday's personality and little dog. When she was playing peek a boo and telling him jokes at the restaurant I just melted. I know they said they couldn't do surgery but could do some injectibles or something to help her. Did they ever come back to her? I'd like to know how she fared.

Great episode, but that follow-up show was just dreadful. Beyond embarrassing. I didn't blink an eye at seeing Terry subject himself to something like that, but PAUL?? Heather is the worst possible interviewer. I hope that was just a "one and done."

• Love 1

I feel really mean saying this, and I am not saying this to be unkind, but I really thought Tuesday was Transgender. I kept waiting for her to reveal this, but she never did. Her voice was really deep and she was big and tall. I watched again last night and I just can't get past this.

Edited by Momof2boyz

Another fan of Paul here. I would not go under the knife if I had a choice, but if I ever wanted plastic surgery and lived in his area, I'd probably go to him. He is very professional and kind to his patients. When he kissed Luci's daughter on the head and asked if it was okay that he did that, I got a little teary-eyed. He just seems like someone who is very invested in his patients.

There is something gross about Terry.

The woman who got her breasts redone, I couldn't quite tell if she was dating the woman who came with her to the appointment. Both of them seemed a little caught guard when asked if they were a couple.

• Love 1

Great episode, but that follow-up show was just dreadful. Beyond embarrassing. I didn't blink an eye at seeing Terry subject himself to something like that, but PAUL?? Heather is the worst possible interviewer. I hope that was just a "one and done."

I'm not sure if it was the same one, but I felt the same way after watching Heather trying to banter with someone about about her "no boner zone".