Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Enter The Drama

Since we're separately covering each episode editorially, I'm doing two threads.

Joe Budden and Kaylin Garcia arrive at the house for therapy; and Carmen is unsure of whether she is ready to share her relationship issues with the new couple.

I didn't realize they ran back to back episodes last week so I'm glad I caught this one over the weekend.  

I agree that it's annoying to have one couple join so late.  It's almost like they did it so that Carmen would have to fret about telling her background story again.  

I don't watch Love and Hip Hop but this Joe Budden guy is a piece of work.  He really thinks he is so above the women in his life.  He did seem a bit more real in the therapy session but I still don't like him.  Meanwhile, I find it interesting that Jaclyn Stapp is only okay talking about Scott's problems when it doesn't have anything to do with her. The minute Dr. Jenn tried to get her to look at her own behavior in relation to it, she didn't want to talk about it anymore.  Why in the world do these people go on this show if they don't want to work on their issues.  (Yes, I know - they are all famewhores. Especially Janice Dickinson.)  

Speaking of Janice, I'm over her.  She's completely putting on an act trying to make it all about her. The threats to Dr. Jenn and her reaction to why Jaclyn was upset were completely over the top.  Plus with all the work she's had done, she's painful to look at.  

I was surprised they had two shows back to back on my cable.

You would think because Janice has been on enough of these reality shows, she would learn when to butt out!

Janice has been on enough of these reality shows to know how to get attention.  She is like some black hole of neediness.

• Love 2

Why do they insist on having one couple arrive so late and miss the first session? Such a pet peeve of mine.

To Stir up drama.  The other couples have already had a day or so to bond, make alliances, and settle into place in the social hierarchy.  The last-to-arrive couple come in feeling like outsiders and kick things off already on the defensive.  The first time they did this was with Jon Gosselin, but that wasn't intentional - a couple had backed out (we never found out who) and production called Jon and his girlfriend last minute and they flew out to CA in their sweatpants.

Janice has been on enough of these reality shows to know how to get attention.  She is like some black hole of neediness.

And it's especially sad considering she is 60!  The whole petulant child act needs to get retired once your old enough to have an AARP card.  And since she has an age-appropriate boyfriend, what the hell is wrong with him that he's willing to put up with all of this drama at his age?!?  Just getting out of bed in the morning and getting to the bathroom without breaking a hip should be enough drama for one day.

• Love 2

To Stir up drama.  The other couples have already had a day or so to bond, make alliances, and settle into place in the social hierarchy.  The last-to-arrive couple come in feeling like outsiders and kick things off already on the defensive.  The first time they did this was with Jon Gosselin, but that wasn't intentional - a couple had backed out (we never found out who) and production called Jon and his girlfriend last minute and they flew out to CA in their sweatpants.

And it's especially sad considering she is 60!  The whole petulant child act needs to get retired once your old enough to have an AARP card.  And since she has an age-appropriate boyfriend, what the hell is wrong with him that he's willing to put up with all of this drama at his age?!?  Just getting out of bed in the morning and getting to the bathroom without breaking a hip should be enough drama for one day.

LMAO @ not breaking a hip is enough drama!

You know, the more I've thought about it, the stranger their relationship seems.  I mean on the surface she is a total crazy bitch (and she is) and he is just a nice guy.  But I don't like the fact that he is a psychiatrist and she has a history of abusing drugs.  Why is she talking to him about needing a Ritalin, or Xanax?  He should realize that she is an emotionally unstable person.  Is he giving her these drugs or enabling her?  Does he get off on being the "victim" of an emotionally unstable woman?

I guess I'm just giving him side eye because he should know better, and because he is in a position to potentially get her drugs and play around with her mind.  I'm not sure what to think......

• Love 2

BWAHAAAAAA!  This still burns huh? 

Outside of the substance abuse (I know. That's like so, Mrs. Lincoln, other than that how was the play) but outside of that each of them seems to be suffering from some sort of stuck at 19 type of syndrome.  She, at the height of her fame and beauty....by the way how you feel about yourself on the inside must really be the big deal psychiatrists say it is.  This woman is the same age (and in theory had the potential to grow older just as beautifully) as Christie Brinkley.   So whatever she took the drugs to escape, to still not have solved that some 40 years later to the extent that your outside now reflects your inside, makes me sad for her.  I hope she finds out what it is and fixes it despite Dr. Jenn.   He?  Duckie syndrome.  Sweet nerdling crushing out on the prom queen who finally got the chance to be with the "pretty" girl.  He can only use not knowing who she was as an initial excuse because his daughter TOLD HIM before they even went on their first date, dad don't fugg with her she's a loon.    A description to which she rolls her eyes in response, though freely acknowledging looneyship. 

I want to empathize with the woman who's with Joe Budden but I can't.  Even without having watched Love & Hip Hop, if you don't know within five minutes that this dude is a raging misogynist and homophobe and he means it, you haven't been paying the minimum amount of attention required.   I ain't saying she's a golddigger, but....

Ang and Neil don't bother me.  If it's an act, they'll go back to being happy after this 8 week run or whatever and if it's not, she knew he worked in sanitation before they met and he knew she was, literally, a big mouth.  They're not dealbreakers.

The other couples are hard for me to remember. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 4

BWAHAAAAAA!  This still burns huh? 

Outside of the substance abuse (I know. That's like so, Mrs. Lincoln, other than that how was the play) but outside of that each of them seems to be suffering from some sort of stuck at 19 type of syndrome.  She, at the height of her fame and beauty....by the way how you feel about yourself on the inside must really be the big deal psychiatrists say it is.  This woman is the same age (and in theory had the potential to grow older just as beautifully) as Christie Brinkley.   So whatever she took the drugs to escape, to still not have solved that some 40 years later to the extent that your outside now reflects your inside, makes me sad for her.  I hope she finds out what it is and fixes it despite Dr. Jenn.   He?  Duckie syndrome.  Sweet nerdling crushing out on the prom queen who finally got the chance to be with the "pretty" girl.  He can only use not knowing who she was as an initial excuse because his daughter TOLD HIM before they even went on their first date, dad don't fugg with her she's a loon.    A description to which she rolls her eyes in response, though freely acknowledging looneyship. 

I want to empathize with the woman who's with Joe Budden but I can't.  Even without having watched Love & Hip Hop, if you don't know within five minutes that this dude is a raging misogynist and homophobe and he means it, you haven't been paying the minimum amount of attention required.   I ain't saying she's a golddigger, but....

Ang and Neil don't bother me.  If it's an act, they'll go back to being happy after this 8 week run or whatever and if it's not, she knew he worked in sanitation before they met and he knew she was, literally, a big mouth.  They're not dealbreakers.

The other couples are hard for me to remember. 

I find LHH: NYC boring, so I stopped watching, but if I remember her...and its all vague, I remember thinking she was homeless and it was like she really needed a place to stay and this guy said he was going to give her a place to stay and take care of her and it all just felt ugly.  Like there was some awful daddy abandonment issues in the mix.  I truly don't like Joe -- he is just a weirdo to me.  And not a good weirdo either, he is like the guy that thinks he is absolutely brilliant and he should be making fun of everyone else in the room.  His mother must be absolutely ashamed.  Does Joe Budden even have any gold to dig?  I know he has a house, and I feel sorry for a girl if a girl is golddigging just based on a house.  You can do better honey!

I see Janice Dickinson and I'm equal parts sad, amused and mortified.  She looks like she is getting close to 80.  Every one of the Golden Girls looked better than her....even Sophia!  As Rick James once said....cocaine is a hell of a drug.  And she must have done all the cocaine, and all the pills, and all the heroin, and maybe a good deal of the meth.  Can you imagine that Madonna is only 3 years younger than her?  But Madonna is dancing and moving and singing.  Janice looks like she can barely walk.  She is a living anti drug PSA.  I feel like Rocky has her on some sort of drug, because her dating a guy that can prescribe mind altering drugs cannot be a coincidence. 

I hope Ang and Neil are an act.  I always liked him because he seemed vaguely uncomfortable being on camera, and he never wanted to jump into the reality show lifestyle.  Half of these dudes would immediately quit their city job and try to get cast full time on a reality show.  Good for him for keeping his steady paycheck and pension and health benefits.  He seems like a real dude, not like Storm or Dave or whoever Karen is into.

• Love 1

I giggled at so many parts of your post I needed to section it up and have it for breakfast

I find LHH: NYC boring, so I stopped watching, but if I remember her...and its all vague, I remember thinking she was homeless and it was like she really needed a place to stay and this guy said he was going to give her a place to stay and take care of her and it all just felt ugly.  Like there was some awful daddy abandonment issues in the mix.  I truly don't like Joe -- he is just a weirdo to me.  And not a good weirdo either, he is like the guy that thinks he is absolutely brilliant and he should be making fun of everyone else in the room.  His mother must be absolutely ashamed.  Does Joe Budden even have any gold to dig?  I know he has a house, and I feel sorry for a girl if a girl is golddigging just based on a house.  You can do better honey!

I watch LHHNY for the same reason I do RHoNJ and did the Sopranos when it was on.  I grew up a Jersey girl so these nutbags and  neighborhoods they travel to seem so familiar, it makes me smile. 

{nodding} that's how we were introduced to...what is this child's name?  Felt ugly sounds about right.  They weren't a couple to begin with.  He was still in love with and off and on smashing his ex, Tahiri, whose caveat for them to be together was for him to stay sober and keep it in his pants.  He managed sobriety.   As can be seen from his philosophies so far on this show, fidelity is a super fluid concept.  He freely admits still loving Tahiri so I can't figure out what they're doing here, they're barely in a relationship, nevermind one worth saving.    I don't know if artist/producer money works the same way songwriter money works but if they're similar, yes'm there's gold in them thar hills, he's one of those Jim Jones dudes, low key but consistent and prolific in the industry.  She seems content to be used for sex in exchange for the *security* of a roof over her head.  He owns a place in Edgewater, NJ so I guess it's a pretty nice roof :D  It's gonna be interesting to watch because he's got no respect and gives zero fucks I wonder how long it is before he says so.

I truly don't like Joe -- he is just a weirdo to me.  And not a good weirdo either, he is like the guy that thinks he is absolutely brilliant and he should be making fun of everyone else in the room.  His mother must be absolutely ashamed. 

He's not that likeable.  Drugs, alcohol, (alleged) physical abuse.  Keep your bitchass off twitter and pick on somebody who can beat you back. 

Just the women.   His mom made an appearance or two on the show.  I can't remember her full backstory, I wanna say she's a recovery veteran herself so her criteria for parental pride only includes that he's not in jail or currently on drugs. 

I see Janice Dickinson and I'm equal parts sad, amused and mortified.  She looks like she is getting close to 80.  Every one of the Golden Girls looked better than her....even Sophia!  As Rick James once said....cocaine is a hell of a drug.  And she must have done all the cocaine, and all the pills, and all the heroin, and maybe a good deal of the meth.  Can you imagine that Madonna is only 3 years younger than her?  But Madonna is dancing and moving and singing.  Janice looks like she can barely walk.  She is a living anti drug PSA.  I feel like Rocky has her on some sort of drug, because her dating a guy that can prescribe mind altering drugs cannot be a coincidence. 

I hatechu!  LMAO!!!!

all of it.  sad.

I hope Ang and Neil are an act.  I always liked him because he seemed vaguely uncomfortable being on camera, and he never wanted to jump into the reality show lifestyle.  Half of these dudes would immediately quit their city job and try to get cast full time on a reality show.  Good for him for keeping his steady paycheck and pension and health benefits.  He seems like a real dude, not like Storm or Dave or whoever Karen is into.

This.  Me too!  I'm always wondering out loud why none of these chicks can meet a nice boy who works down at the post office so I really dig Neil.  I want them to have some private conversation that went like this: 

Ang: hunny you know vh1 signs my check

Neil:  yeah

Ang:  so whaddya say we go on a vh1 show about dysfunctional relationships.  We pretend we can't stand each other for 8 weeks, but we gotta really sell it, like no hot mic talking and stuff

Neil:  why would I wanna do that?

Ang:  you said you wanted to put in a pool this summer.  8 weeks it's a year's worth of your salary

Neil:  {{thinking}}

Ang:  90 grand.  New pool.  That cruise we wanna go on

Neil:  Yeah, aright

I just can't see a legit breakupable marital problem being she doesn't let me finish my sentences.  And unless everything she's ever said about him on Mob Wives was wrong, this is not a guy who's got an emasculation issue either.   I'm kinda tickled by the hustle lol.

• Love 3

RCHARTER, ON 15 OCT 2015 - 01:59 AM, SAID:

I see Janice Dickinson and I'm equal parts sad, amused and mortified.  She looks like she is getting close to 80.  Every one of the Golden Girls looked better than her....even Sophia!  As Rick James once said....cocaine is a hell of a drug.  And she must have done all the cocaine, and all the pills, and all the heroin, and maybe a good deal of the meth.  Can you imagine that Madonna is only 3 years younger than her?  But Madonna is dancing and moving and singing.  Janice looks like she can barely walk.  She is a living anti drug PSA.  I feel like Rocky has her on some sort of drug, because her dating a guy that can prescribe mind altering drugs cannot be a coincidence.

I giggled at so many parts of your post I needed to section it up and have it for breakfast

I hatechu!  LMAO!!!!

all of it.  sad.

Awwww.....♥

I can see it already "allright boys, shut the block down and everyone go home for the day, Janice Dickinson just bought up all the damn drugs!"  Take up a hobby, go back to school, nothing to see here, there are no more drugs for anyone unless you need an Advil...and she might buy all those up too!

• Love 3

I really *despise* Joe Budden. With the fire of a thousand suns. "You have sex with me when I want you to." Oh hell no. You drown that man in the pool right now, Kaylin.

Yeah he's one of the most unlikeable people to ever appear on this show, and that's really saying something.

• Love 3