Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season One Guests

• Start Topic

5/2: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (actor – promoting “Game of Thrones”)
5/3: TBD
5/4: Bethany Cosentino (musician/Best Coast)
5/5: The Heavy (band – promoting album “Hurt & The Merciless”)

• Love 1

5/9: Sherman Alexie (author – promoting book “Thunder Boy Jr.”)
5/10: TBD
5/11: Nate Silver (Editor in Chief of FiveThirtyEight)
5/12: B.J. Novak (actor & author – promoting The List App)

• Love 1

5/16: Anthony Anderson (actor – promoting ABC show “Black-ish”)
5/17: Dahlia Lithwick (Slate’s Supreme Court correspondent)
5/18: Jason Sudeikis (actor – promoting movie “The Angry Birds Movie”)
5/19: Arianna Huffington (Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post & author – promoting book “The Sleep Revolution”)

• Love 1

5/23: Rose Byrne (actress – promoting movies “X-Men: Apocalypse” & “Neighbors 2”)
5/24: Katie Couric (journalist, Yahoo Global News Anchor & executive producer of the documentary “Under The Gun”)
5/25: Corey Pegues (author – promoting book “Once a Cop: The Street, the Law, Two Worlds, One Man”)
5/26: TBD

Weeks of 5/30 & 6/6: DARK!

• Love 1

5/26: Mike Allen (Chief White House correspondent, POLITICO)

Mo 5/30: Jason Sudeikis (R 5/18/16)
Tu 5/31: Rose Byrne (R 5/23/16)
We 6/1: Arianna Huffington (R 5/19/16)
Th 6/2: Katie Couric (R 5/24/16)

Mo 6/6: Pre-empted
Tu 6/7: Pre-empted
We 6/8: Pre-empted
Th 6/9: Pre-empted

• Love 1

6/13: James Carville (Democratic Strategist)
6/14: Eddie Huang (author – promoting book “Double Cup Love: On the Trail of Family, Food, and Broken Hearts in China”)
6/15: Roland Emmerich (director – promoting “Independence Day”)
6/16: Deshauna Barber (Miss USA 2016)

• Love 1

6/20: Jack Garratt (musician – promoting album “Phase”)
6/21: Tavis Smiley (author – promoting book “Before You Judge Me: The Triumph and Tragedy of Michael Jackson's Last Days”)
6/22: Mark Halperin & John Heilemann (hosts of Showtime's "The Circus" and managing editors of Bloomberg Politics)
6/23: Macklemore (rapper – promoting album “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made”)

Ha, every time I see Macklemore from now on, all I'll be able to think of is the Lonely Island's "Equal Rights."

• Love 1

6/27: Cynthia Erivo (actress – promoting Broadway show “The Color Purple”)
6/28: Calvin Trillin (author – promoting book “Jackson, 1964”)
6/29: Laverne Cox (actress – promoting Netflix show “Orange is the New Black”)
6/30: Chuck Klosterman (author – promoting book “But What If We're Wrong?: Thinking About the Present As If It Were the Past”)

• Love 1

7/4: DARK!
7/5: Jim Gaffigan (actor – promoting TV Land’s “The Jim Gaffigan Show”)
7/6: Terry McMillan (author – promoting book “I Almost Forgot About You”)
7/7: Julia Stiles (actress – promoting movie “Jason Bourne”)
Week of 7/11: DARK!

News about the convention coverage.

Including: "The Daily Show” to a Produce an Exclusive Three-Part Special for Snapchat Premiering July 15, Launch on Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service (July 18)
I barely know what any of that means, but I am old.
And if you're in Cleveland... "Comedy Central will stage an activation, turning this 'circus-esque' political season into a fully interactive, comedic and social experience with games and activities for all ages."

• Love 3
6 hours ago, trow125 said:

News about the convention coverage.

Including: "The Daily Show” to a Produce an Exclusive Three-Part Special for Snapchat Premiering July 15, Launch on Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service (July 18)
I barely know what any of that means, but I am old.
And if you're in Cleveland... "Comedy Central will stage an activation, turning this 'circus-esque' political season into a fully interactive, comedic and social experience with games and activities for all ages."

Yeah, I have no idea what any of that means. But I'm old, too. 

• Love 5

**shows from Cleveland/RNC**
7/19: Michael Steele (Former Chairman of the Republican National Committee)
7/20: Christiane Amanpour (CNN's Chief International Correspondent & Anchor of "Amanpour")
7/21: Alex Wagner (Senior Editor, The Atlantic)
7/22: TBA

(edited)

**shows from Philly/DNC**
7/26: John Podesta (Hillary Clinton Campaign Chairman)
7/27: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
7/28: Mark Leibovich (Chief National Correspondent for The New York Times Magazine)
7/29: Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Week of 8/1: DARK!

Edited by trow125
adding Mark Leibovich

8/8: Rep. John Lewis (D-GA & co-author – promoting "March: Book Three")
8/9: Natasha Leggero & Riki Lindhome (comedians - promoting "Another Period")
8/10: Mychal Denzel Smith (author - promoting book "Invisible Man, Got The Whole World Watching")
8/11: TBD 

• Love 1

The guests for next week haven't been announced yet -- I'll post 'em when I get 'em -- but here's some good news for those of you complaining about too many summer vacation weeks:

“The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” returns with all new episodes on Tuesday, September 6 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The fresh incarnation of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series kicks off eleven straight weeks of all-new episodes leading up to and throughout the 2016 Presidential Election. 

• Love 3

And here they are!

9/6:  Jeff Ross (comedian - promoting Comedy Central Special "Jeff Ross Roasts Cops")
9/7:  Ava DuVernay (creator & executive producer of "Queen Sugar")
9/8:  Howard Schultz (Starbucks CEO)

• Love 2

9/12: Tip “T.I.” Harris (rapper – promoting VH1 show “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle”)
9/13: Danielle Weisberg & Carly Zakin (Co-founders and Co-CEOs of theSkimm)
9/14: Hannah Hart (author & actor – promoting movie “Dirty 30”)
9/15: TBA

On September 10, 2016 at 6:43 PM, trow125 said:

9/12: Tip “T.I.” Harris (rapper – promoting VH1 show “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle”)
9/13: Danielle Weisberg & Carly Zakin (Co-founders and Co-CEOs of theSkimm)
9/14: Hannah Hart (author & actor – promoting movie “Dirty 30”)
9/15: TBA

It's Hilary ain't it? She's going to walk and stand to prove Trump supporters wrong.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Skyfall said:

It's Hilary ain't it? She's going to walk and stand to prove Trump supporters wrong.

Right now Hillary is scheduled to appear on the Ellen Show on the 14th, and on the Tonight Show Sept. 19. It wouldn't surprise me if she sits down with Trevor sometime before Election Day. 

Hillary's campaign should have revealed last Friday that she had pneumonia, that's true, but for her it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Still, this whole illness episode is small potatoes compared to Trump's stuff. I gotta say I love the graphic of the Grim Reaper wearing an I'm With Her t-shirt, and the joke about Hillary looking like she'd just had brunch with Bill Cosby was funny and appalling at the same time.

T.I.'s show looks stupid, but then I'm not a fan of those kind of reality shows. I tuned out the interview.

ETA: Oopsie! I posted this in the wrong thread. :( Sorry.

Edited by peeayebee

Well, it's *a* Clinton...

FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON TO MAKE FIRST APPEARANCE ON COMEDY CENTRAL'S® "THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH"
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 AT 11:00 P.M. ET/PT

NEW YORK, September 13, 2016 – Former President Bill Clinton will appear on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" to discuss the work of the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative on Thursday, September 15 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. This will mark the President's 10th time appearing as a guest on the Emmy® and Peabody®Award-winning show.

Not interested in Bill because his ego always takes up so much of my screen.  Hillary has not been on with Trevor at all has she?  Something I think is a poorly thought out move by the campaign.  I wonder if they think Trevor is not important enough and would have been on with Jon Stewart by now or it is part of the whole overly controlled aspect that makes her do such weird and, in my opinion, stupid things and then has her people compound it either by her direction or their own poor initiative. 

Going on TDS a couple of times raises the ante for having the Cajun Flavored Canned Ham at least think about it because he simply cannot stand a challenge.  Putting it off to one, to me, harsh or not, seems like she is deigning to appear to people she thinks already are voting for her.  Maybe not accurate but I just keep getting the sense that she panders one minute, awkwardly, and then has this sort of entitlement.  Look. I voting for ya.  But it could still be nice to feel appreciated.  Hey I finally stopped taking food to my aunt's on the holidays because she always passively aggressively dismissed it and then everyone bitched about not having some things only I made and they liked.  Don't be Aunt Gladys Hillary.  Don't be Aunt Gladys.   Trevor is an advocate.  You need him right now.  You need his viewers to feel kindly enough that no matter how bad things look that November morn and no matter how crappy the weather is the the news is saying there are lines at the local polls, you want them to get out of bed and do the right thing.   So don't give them even a tiny little bit of reason not to no matter how stupid.  Get your ass on the show.  When you are well.  But get your ass on the show.

• Love 2

9/19: Nick Jonas & Ben Schnetzer (actors – promoting movie “GOAT”)
9/20: Jeffrey Tambor (actor – promoting show “Transparent”)
9/21: Wendy Williams (talk show host – promoting “The Wendy Williams Show”)
9/22: Lisa Ling (host of CNN’s “This is Life with Lisa Ling”)

9/26: Alicia Menendez (Correspondent & Anchor, Fusion)
9/27: Sara Goldrick-Rab (author – promoting book “Paying The Price”)
9/28: Reid Hoffman (entrepreneur and investor)
9/29: Blood Orange (artist – promoting album “Freetown Sound”)

Edited by trow125