Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Journey Begins

Since they're two discrete episodes that we're separately covering editorially, I'm doing two threads.

Dr. Jenn Mann advises four celebrity couples as they participate in an intensive couple's retreat and work toward building healthy relationships with their partners. 

Train wreck.  Janice Dickinson.  Inside and out.  Man, I was positively EXHAUSTED just watching her on my TV, in my own home, in my own living room.  Why in the world would anyone want to be in a relationship with her?  Gah.

• Love 2

Usually I just watch the first episode to pin down the playas and see which couple has the ONE "celebrity" I know, then I follow along via the forum.

But I've seen Janice Dickinson, rabid and reanimated, in half a dozen shows. I don't even need to watch the first one!

I think Scott(not sure of names yet) called it correctly when he said that Janice was playing a character. She's there to be outrageous, not get help. Her fiance looks scared of her 90% of the time. Her face looks ruined from all the surgery. 

I think Big Ang is there to promote the new season of Mob Wives. The timing is very suspicious. Since when do she and her husband have problems. I confess I watch Mob Wives and he and Ang seem like the best of the lot. 

The guy from Creed has a boatload of addiction issues. His wife seemed uber understanding. 

The couple dealing with transgender issues, not sure about them yet. 

Other Janice, I do not know a single one of these "celebs".  Who/What the Hell is Big Ang?!?  Yee-IKES!  After she finishes this show, she should bounce on over to see the docs at "Botched". Those lips have to be the worse case I've seen since Taylor Armstrong.

Creed's music makes me cringe.  Never was a fan and now I have that "Arms Wide Open" song ear-worming its way through my brain.  Thanks, show.

• Love 2

Other Janice, I do not know a single one of these "celebs".  Who/What the Hell is Big Ang?!?  Yee-IKES!  After she finishes this show, she should bounce on over to see the docs at "Botched". Those lips have to be the worse case I've seen since Taylor Armstrong.

Creed's music makes me cringe.  Never was a fan and now I have that "Arms Wide Open" song ear-worming its way through my brain.  Thanks, show.

Big Ang is on Mob Wives.

Even though I know these therapists are somewhat unprofessional at best, I was pretty surprised that one of them outed Carmen in the first session. He should have at least asked her in advance how she wanted to come out to the group. Especially since her being transgender is only incidental to the issues they mentioned as being problems. 

Janice was high as HELL during that session, it seemed like it anyway. Also, I pray to god that Scott Stapp does not sing at any point this season.

• Love 2

Janice may be nuttier than a fruitcake but I applaud her for calling that therapist out on outing Carmen.  Why would you assume that everyone in the group already knew she was transgender?  I know it wasn't intentional but it was still pretty jacked up.

• Love 3

(Okay, ducking and covering right now!)  but is it just me or do Scott Stapp (Creed) and his wife seem to be the most sincere and focused couple (using these phrases somewhat loosely) on the show.  YOU KNOW SHIT"S FUCKED UP when BSC Creed singer seems most low-key.

Janice Dickinson's face is, what the ???  A blogger said Janis' face resembled that of a human squirrel, eyes glittery and shiny (well, that was the drugs but who's counting!).  Big Ang with the white lipstick, just no.  Joe Budda, you're an asshole.  Get off my TV screen.

Anyone else think "production shenanigans" regarding the "tampon" scribbled on the grocery list and the fact that the male therapist "outed" the transgender model?  Ramping up the drama for ratings sake.

Edited by beesknees

I've never watched Mob Wives.  Now, I have seen pictures of Big Ang in magazines/blogs before and I knew she was an odd-looking woman.  But, still I was NOT prepare me for the frightmare that was presented to me on a large screen HD TV.  GREAT GOOGELY MOOGELY.   That was terrifying.  WHAT has that woman done to herself, and more importantly, WHY

Up to this point, I thought Taylor from Real Housewives of BH (and, oh yeah, Couples Therapy...) possessed the scariest pair lips I'd ever seen. Well, Taylor, I hate to say it but you look positively normal compared to Big Ang.   

• Love 1

I decided to watch this season because I do watch Mob Wives. So, I was prepared for those big white lips. lol

What I was not prepared for was Janice's face. What has she done to herself?  Putting on red lipstick did not help her out at all, in that one camera view. I agree that her new husband is scared of her. I would be if a tall skinny squirrel-duck lip person was shouted "BUSTED! BUSTED MFer!"  I want to know what was in that water bottle she was sucking down too.

This is probably one of the more impressive casts of "celebrities" they've gathered for this show, no joke. Better than last year, for sure.

Jaclyn and Scott Stapp seem entirely too normal for this show. Their reactions to Big Ang and her husband's histrionics in the first half of the show proved it.

Carmen's hair is gorgeous. So envious.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

I wasn't going to watch this year because I just can't stand Dr. Jenn, but a friend was telling me how upset she is that Big Ang and her husband are on here, because she watches Mob Wives and thinks they are great people. I assured her the show is fake, and it will be obvious soon enough, but now it looks like I'm going to watch again.

I really, really, really, don't like Dr. Jenn, and am going to enjoy Janice irritating her.

• Love 1

I hadn't seen Janice since her modeling agency show and wow she looks absolutely horrible.  I love her comment to Rocky when they entered the house which was "I need a Ritalin".  Yeah right, that is what you need.  I was curious about Rocky and lo and behold his a psychiatrist.  Obviously if he's with Janice he has issues.

Ang can talk all that mess, but they will be living off of Neil's pension and health insurance in the long term.  Her celebrity isn't going to last forever, and the fact that she is taking her money to go overboard on a house doesn't say anything positive about her ability to save money.  She just had a run in with cancer -- she should try to put some money aside for a rainy day.  As my dad says....its not the cost of the house that gets you in the end, its normally having to pay the property taxes, but I'm not sure she has thought all that through.

He seems like a nice enough guy, so I hope he keeps his city job while Ang does the reality show circuit.  Mob Wives has so many hair trigger personalities that it always feel like someone is on the edge of doing something so violent that VH1 is forced to pull the show and all related shows.  I thought Love cutting Carla might have been it, but I guess it will take something a little more violent.

• Love 1

Janice is an asshole. I love how she puts Rocky down with her little comments. And if Rocky marries her without a prenup he is crazy. So she owes taxes and money for her plastic surgeries, are you fucking kidding me? If you don't have the money you don't go get more surgeries. She is dumbass and the IRS needs to garnish her wages, like on this show.

Edited by toodywoody