Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Needs Of The Many

I guess 13 episodes aren't too much to stick through (I made through all 10 Wayward Pines crapisodes), so I might as well see it out.  But this doesn't have anywhere near the magic of the first season.

If Teleport Boy sends things, people or himself where he's thinking, how can he and his soon-to-be girlfriend to a hospital he's never been to?

• Love 1

Ya know, besides his clothes not burning off that 'boiling water in a glass' scene is really bothering me. Had he had that much heat wouldn't the glass have shattered (given it wasn't a beaker it was a drinking glass!) or even melted down? It shattered when he threw it, but remained intact long enough to hit boiling point...

• Love 1

Maybe things work differently in the US, but I have never known a hospital to not have blood in stock and ready to go, of any blood type.  The idea that a hospital wouldn't have blood available is quite ridiculous to me.

Usually, hospitals are stocked for emergencies and if the hospital doesn't have it or is low, then there are blood banks (like the Red Cross) to give out, base on an order. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

The biggest mistake, IMHO, was Sylar. His arc was done, and the potential for a satisfying conclusion was right there.

Blame the writer's strike for that ....... Sylar was supposed to be a one-season character with Zachary Quinto going off to to film Star Trek.  Because of the strike, Quinto was available for season two; so of course the powers that be thought 'well, he was great in season one, so more Sylar has to be great for season two' forgetting that the reason he was great in season one is because his storyline was completed.

I'm still not sure about this show ..... I do hope killer wife is gone for good ---- she is the epitome of evil (and that includes a group that is going around tagging and bagging superpowered humans).

The only storyline I am enjoying is Tommy's (thanks mostly to a likeable lead and a strong supporting cast) and Noah and Quinten (I like how they play off each other).  Everything else is kinda 'meh' - since this is a limited series, perhaps the pace will build up now that some storylines seem to be converging.

If Teleport Boy sends things, people or himself where he's thinking, how can he and his soon-to-be girlfriend to a hospital he's never been to?

Google maps?

• Love 2

I don't believe they ever said he had to have been to the place he's transporting himself or others to - just that he had to think of it. They haven't even said he has to have a visual image.  So, I was almost okay with him getting to the hospital and blood bank. Still, it seemed odd that it was so quick - even if you allow that he could get there, it seems like it would take a minute or two to find the right blood (and it didn't seem like he got much, but I don't really know how much is enough). 

So...maybe he can transport to a when as well as a where?

Edited by clanstarling

Arctic girl was being hunted by groups on snowmobiles, and nothing happens.  The auroras in the middle of the day seems kind of dumb -- no one should even notice them they would be so dim compared to daylight.

Miko must have a passport so she can fly to the US, so we know that she's an actual person and not some video game creation.

Renautus has some of the shittiest security on the planet.

With all those monarch butterflies hanging around in the Arctic, this is starting to feel like 'Under the Dome' -- and that ain't a good thing.

And now we've got two shows using the term 'Inhuman'.  Yay !! </sarcasm>

ETA: I was also disappointed that the car that slammed into the car with Tommy and his mom was just a drunk driver -- I figured for sure it was Renautus so that was a big letdown.

And who is this baby that Mrs. Cravid wants killed ?

I thought Arctic girl(s) ran into one of the apparent hunters, who got clocked. 

Presumably, these are mystical/sci-fi-ish auroras that not only are visible during the day but may or may evolve people.

Miko could simply be doing a fake passport.

Yes Renautus's security is filled with Luthor Mansion and CTU rejects.

Heroes wasn't using "Inhuman" as a term...just as the regular old English word.

As others pointed out, Cravid wants to kill the blonde Arctic girl.

Sorry about not knowing the new characters' names -- I see many posts about Zachary Levi but I have no idea who he is.  Never saw him in anything else.

One of the problems with Heroes,IMO, is there are too many characters spread too thin, to keep track or care about.

I am of the mindset that this would have worked 100 percent better if they had just done a Katana Girl episode, then a Teleport dude episode, then a Latino Batman episode, etc. rather than having us try to follow the incremental developments in each of the characters' threads.

Zachary Levi played the lead in "Chuck," which was about a geek who worked at a "Best Buy"-like store and who ended up with a super-computer in his head called the Intersect that made him an unlikely superspy. Although I didn't catch every episode, I would recommend watching it rather than this if you have access to the DVDs. 

He also was in the two Thor movies as Fandral, one of Thor's homies.

In comics, teleporting can work different ways. Some folks (like Nightcrawler) have a fairly limited range and can only teleport basically within line of sight without risking teleporting into a solid object. Other folks just basically end up where they want to, anywhere on the planet. 

Hiro's teleport capabilities seemed fairly global (for instance, his first teleport was from Tokyo to New York). 

Teleport Boy started off apparently shipping things/people to unknown-to-him destinations. There was apparently no reason he shipped Zach Levi's and his wife's characters to Primatech; he just did. It now seems that he has some more conscious control of his power. 

One of the problems with Heroes,IMO, is there are too many characters spread too thin, to keep track or care about.

It lacks focus and detracts from the evos getting hunted down theme, while jumping around subplots.

I don't believe they ever said he had to have been to the place he's transporting himself or others to - just that he had to think of it. They haven't even said he has to have a visual image.  So, I was almost okay with him getting to the hospital and blood bank. Still, it seemed odd that it was so quick - even if you allow that he could get there, it seems like it would take a minute or two to find the right blood (and it didn't seem like he got much, but I don't really know how much is enough). 

So...maybe he can transport to a when as well as a where?

It just seemed a too easy, considering he'd not been able to teleport himself at all a few weeks ago.

• Love 1

I think Tommy always could teleport himself. He just didn't realize it until he teleported that flower into the ice cream canister. Once he knew where the things he teleported went to, it was a easy logic step to figure out how to teleport himself.

It seemed from watching that he had his hand touching his chest when he first teleported himself, to the other side of the room. Maybe he still needs to touch things to teleport but when he arrived back with the blood he wasn't touching his chest. 

It seemed from watching that he had his hand touching his chest when he first teleported himself, to the other side of the room. Maybe he still needs to touch things to teleport but when he arrived back with the blood he wasn't touching his chest.

That's probably just a continuity error.

I am of the mindset that this would have worked 100 percent better if they had just done a Katana Girl episode, then a Teleport dude episode, then a Latino Batman episode, etc. rather than having us try to follow the incremental developments in each of the characters' threads.

The writers are clearly trying to mirror the original series in every way, including throwing in somewhat pointless subplots for every character, the same archetypes, and just overall killing a bunch of people.  Plus with characters as boring as Katana Girl and Latino Batman, who could sit through an entire episode with them.

This episode was alright.  The Arctic trek was really dull.  I'm also sick and tired of the violence against Evos.  And the killing off of characters from the original series.  The drawback of practically every sequel or reunion movie/series I've watched is that neat characters from the original series become cannon fodder.  I loved Molly Walker and the other kid.  

• Love 1