Type keyword(s) to search

WAGS LA: The OGs of E! Waggier Than the Rest?

1 hour ago, LisaRuel said:

Michelle is a little over the top and her monitoring of her husband's every move seems like it would be exhausting. But whatever works for them I guess.

The new alliances are interesting. I do wish Sasha and Autumn would just have a one-on-one talk without all the outside chatter, but I guess an easy resolution would be boring.

Both Natalie and Olivia seem a little bit more...enhanced than last season. I'm not sure I understand Olivia's relationship or her explanation of her public persona and the guy from her Instagram photo

That's because it was bs. If he was really her man she wouldn't have been outed like that. Too desperate to be claimed by a pro athlete.

I only half pay attention to this show, so I'm not even sure what Autumn and Sasha are fighting about. It's weird that they carried their fight over into WAGS Miami. 

Sasha seems more full of herself than I remember. And I didn't follow her explanation of Carnival. I always thought of it as a Bacchus celebration leading into Lent. Maybe in Trinidad it's taken on new meaning?

Olivia and Natalie are still super annoying, but they actually seem pretty sweet and normal when seperated. I get that they're building their "brand" but they're much more interesting and vulnerable when not doing their "schtick". Olivia actually looks really pretty this season. 

I didn't understand that treatment session at the new girl's house. Why were they getting vaginal rejuvenation therapy outside on the patio where anyone could see them?

On 11/14/2017 at 1:03 PM, Stan39 said:

I only half pay attention to this show, so I'm not even sure what Autumn and Sasha are fighting about. It's weird that they carried their fight over into WAGS Miami. 

Sasha seems more full of herself than I remember. And I didn't follow her explanation of Carnival. I always thought of it as a Bacchus celebration leading into Lent. Maybe in Trinidad it's taken on new meaning?

Olivia and Natalie are still super annoying, but they actually seem pretty sweet and normal when seperated. I get that they're building their "brand" but they're much more interesting and vulnerable when not doing their "schtick". Olivia actually looks really pretty this season. 

I didn't understand that treatment session at the new girl's house. Why were they getting vaginal rejuvenation therapy outside on the patio where anyone could see them?

It is a celebration leading into Lent but I think historically, the slaves were not allowed to attend the festivities so in Trinidad the slaves created their own version of the festivities which I think today's Carnival may have been more adapted from. I think Sasha referenced all of the right things but I thought her explanation was confusing as well. 

Episode 3:

"Trouble in Paradise"

Nicole deals with the repercussions of leaving WAGS out of her wedding festivities; Autumn questions Dom's loyalty; Barbie deals with marriage issues; Natalie goes on her first real date, post breakup.

Airs November 19, 2017.

Even when Sasha is having a normal conversation, there's something about her voice alone that sounds pretentious regardless of what it is she's saying, lol.

Sasha is being very general about why she's fallen out with Autumn but I think there's something that has hit closer to home for her that's triggered this. She had this entire show to look back and see how extreme Autumn's behaviour was toward Natalie and Olivia at times and she didn't think it was bad enough to de-friend her.

Autumn is just so extra with the fake lashes. She's always full face. Barbie wears fake lashes about but she's often does too much and her eyes just look too dark. Her eye make up in her scenes with Sheldon and at lunch with Autumn is a good look for her. I prefer Natalie with no bangs and I know she's curvy but I feel that she's plumped her face. 

Honest question - when you've date for so long before deciding to get married...what in the hell are you doing as a couple in that time that leads you to believe that you're ready for marriage? Because conversations about careers, babies, living situations, work priorities, etc. all seem like conversations that should be happening before you even get engaged, let alone married. I realize that sometimes people agree with things before marriage and then people and/or ideas change but often times on these kinds of shows it comes across as though couples haven't properly discussed the parameters around those really big events that seemingly go hand in hand with marriage. I don't really feel bad for Sheldon though...he's a classic case of the older guy that pursued and won the hot pretty young thang, puts a ring on it and pushes for things to happen on his timetable. His career is over while Barbie is still young and trying to realize the career she's always wanted but has yet to achieve...he comes across as resentful that she still has  lot of opportunities left to pursue while his are all over

Loved Nicole's dresses and bridesmaids dresses. The sleek black with the lace was gorgeous. I googled her wedding pictures and she had 12 bridesmaids...that's a massive bridal party. 

Barbie is messy. Barbie doesn't seem confrontational so it seems she stirs the pot with others so that she can be involved without really getting her hands dirty. Natalie and Olivia are so annoying but they have moments where they're just so lighthearted and fun (which most of these reality shows just focus on drama) that overall, I think I've decided that I don't mind them. Nicole seems she would be an exhausting girlfriend but I do think she seems the most genuine of the women...I also like that she's not afraid to step out of her house in normal looking clothes and minimal make up. 

• Love 1

Episode 4:

"50 Shades of Shade"

Barbie sees a therapist in hopes of getting her marriage back on track; Natalie gets her groove back after she gives dating another try; Autumn throws a game night that ends in tears.

Airs November 26, 2017.

Is it just me, or does Michelle look like Hazel-E's long lost sister?  Especially after the lip injections.  I don't understand how her husband deals with all the constant checking in.  I was exhausted by it and I'm not married to her.  My goodness girl, let the man breathe.

• Love 3

I know, right? Why on earth is she so distrustful of him? And what she did to her lips? She might turn out to be a Jocelyn Wiledenstein or other woman who became so obsessed with plastic surgery that she ruined her face.

Natalie also can be annoying as fuck and she better hope that Larry doesn't get tired of that and kick her to the curb.

I'm on the fence about Olivia and Nicole because I find their talking heads annoying as hell. Also, what did Nicole do to her face? She also needs to be cautious with the lip plumping. I always feel like their top lips are too close to their noses

Sasha is extremely pretentious, but Autumn also can be a bit ratchet.

What happened to TIA?

On 11/26/2017 at 8:02 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Is it just me, or does Michelle look like Hazel-E's long lost sister?  Especially after the lip injections.  I don't understand how her husband deals with all the constant checking in.  I was exhausted by it and I'm not married to her.  My goodness girl, let the man breathe.

I thought the EXACT same thing! They look identical - and by that I also mean full of themselves and overly done with plastic surgery. 

Was anyone else blown away by the $15k-$20k per Instagram post? I know big time celebrities make a lot but damn thats a chunk of change for a picture of Natalie in a dress...

• Love 1

I hate picking on the way people look, but Barbie is an ugly crier. She reminds me of Tammy Faye Baker (actually, Jane Hook doing a TFB impersonation on SNL). I think it's the fake lashes and mascara that she's aware of, so she starts squinting really badly. 

Also, for as long as she's been in the public eye I'm surprised she's such a poor public speaker. I don't think she can say a sentence without fillers "like", "you know", "um", "so".  It's really bad. For all the money these people spend to make themselves look appealing, you'd think they'd hire someone to help them on their interview and elocution skills.

• Love 1

Episode 5:

"No Ring, No Deal"

Autumn and Sasha try to hash out their problems; Natalie and Olivia launch their clothing line; Nicole is thrown for a loop when Larry doesn't want to wear a wedding ring.

Airs December 3, 2017.

It's crazy how much Michelle looks like Hazel E.!  If I weren't so technically challenged, I would do a side by side just for kicks. 

Unless there was some serious editing, I don't understand how Autumn got blamed for the blow up at the restaurant.  The way I see it, she didn't start it.  She stepped into the bathroom and heard Sasha's friend sh*t talking her. Then, when she said she was just there to go the bathroom, Sasha's friend got cocky about it.  

How is Barbie's marriage on the rocks already?  I agree with the poster who said conversations about work, babies, etc. is something that should be discussed before getting engaged.  To get married, and then a year later have these issues create serious problems in your marriage is just so odd to me.  

• Love 1

I didn't even realize that I missed last week's episode.  Was it Michelle who put in the question, "Raise your hand if you hate Olivia and Nicole"?  What the hell is this, 3rd grade?  And she was so proud to display her yes about hating people she doesn't know.  And then she herself admits that they've been trying to be nice to her but it's not genuine.  Bitch are you genuine?  I can't stand people like her.

Funniest part of the episode is Sasha saying what's her name was a bottle girl, and she responds and you were too. Sasha looked shocked and responds that is not the point. 

After all the shii that Nat and Olivia get for wanting to date a pro, when most of these wives were working in the clubs says alot! 

• Love 1

Nicole needing to be in constant contact with Larry would drive me crazy…even if I wasn't Larry!  Hell, just watching her on TV was annoying.  Next week doesn't seem any saner…following your fiancée to his bachelor party is not a good look.  Especially with your girl group in tow.

Barbie, just admit you wanted the title more than the relationship and move on.  Y'all are obviously not on the same page and don't seem to want to try to get there.  Also, I feel like she told Sheldon what he wanted to hear in order to secure the ring.

Michelle and Brian seem like they're truly in love.  It's cute for now.

10 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Nicole needing to be in constant contact with Larry would drive me crazy…even if I wasn't Larry!  Hell, just watching her on TV was annoying.  Next week doesn't seem any saner…following your fiancée to his bachelor party is not a good look.  Especially with your girl group in tow.

Barbie, just admit you wanted the title more than the relationship and move on.  Y'all are obviously not on the same page and don't seem to want to try to get there.  Also, I feel like she told Sheldon what he wanted to hear in order to secure the ring.

Yeah, until she micromanages their relationship to death.  But apparently, that's what all the players want, because Nicole does the same damn thing.  If she didn't want him going to Colombia, just fucking say so.  But don't say and act like you're okay with it and then try to track his every move every hour by hour.  That's hella exhausting.  (But really Larry?  You know good and well the only reason your friends want to go to Colombia for a bachelor party is so that y'all can get away with some shit....)

The girl who tried to stir shit up between Barbie and the other chick - is it just me or is the reason she's crying so much about how much she respects her marriage is because she's guilty of whatever they accused her of and she's upset that it got said on air.  She doth protest a tad too much. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, OnceSane said:

It's sad how formulaic these women/relationships are. The thought process (if it wasn't subconscious) is essentially:

1. Wow, people think I'm really good looking! They just give me stuff and try to please me all the time. I don't need to work hard or think about a career because I'm just naturally desirable!

2. Maybe I can use my physical appearance to land a rich guy! Then I never have to worry about anything again and can have whatever I want!

3. Got a rich guy, but there's another hot girl near him. And another. And another. He seems to like the attention. Maybe I should head to the gym and stay in shape. Gotta keep my man happy!

4. Wait. More girls! And I'm getting older and he's getting richer! Time for Botox! And implants! And fillers! Lip injections. Better keep track of his every move. I should look through his phone and emails. Maybe start calling him every hour. FaceTime is better. Then I can SEE where he's at and who he's with. All the time!

5. Man, this is the life! Carefree and not a worry in the world! Except for the constant anxiety that my man might leave me with nothing. At a moment's notice. With nothing. And I'm completely insecure and self conscious because my entire identity is wrapped up in something completely subjective and mercurial, my looks, so that if anything goes wrong in my relationship the only way I know how to fix things is by trying to make myself look better. But then I'm frustrated when that DOESN'T fix things, because the problems run deeper than that but I don't have any coping skills. Maybe I should start yelling at girls that get to close to my man? Or maybe start harassing him all the time and constantly undermine him and doubt him and assume he's cheating? Men love that!

6. My life is the envy of every woman out there!

• Love 4
On 2017-12-13 at 7:03 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Yeah, until she micromanages their relationship to death.  But apparently, that's what all the players want, because Nicole does the same damn thing.  If she didn't want him going to Colombia, just fucking say so.  But don't say and act like you're okay with it and then try to track his every move every hour by hour.  That's hella exhausting.  (But really Larry?  You know good and well the only reason your friends want to go to Colombia for a bachelor party is so that y'all can get away with some shit....)

The girl who tried to stir shit up between Barbie and the other chick - is it just me or is the reason she's crying so much about how much she respects her marriage is because she's guilty of whatever they accused her of and she's upset that it got said on air.  She doth protest a tad too much. 

It's some next level shit when you're googling 'Columbian bachelor party'...as if the country promotes tourism by putting together packages for all occasions.

I believe you're referring to Autumn. I have a theory on that. Autumn spent the first season or two talking down to the non-married WAGs because they didn't have a ring. Then it finally hits the press that her husband was sending dirty pics to other women. If she really thinks that the extent of his disloyalty than I have a bridge I can sell her. Now she's tried to be on the show and has done as much as possible to not address her husband's online scandal. Now this season she's on the receiving end of gossip (albeit no physical evidence has surfaced like it did for her husband) and she's probably worried for 2 reasons - she doesn't want the attention back on her marriage because it will likely bring her husband's scandal back into the spotlight; and if her husband feels that she was unfaithful, I think their marriage may shatter. Pretty notorious with athletes is that they often cheat and their women either ignore or forgive. But if the woman cheats or does anything that seems disrespectful to her man and word gets out, it makes him look bad and I think it's harder for them to get over.

• Love 1

A full season and I still don't really understand what Autumn and Sasha were fighting about. 

I don't "get" Barbie at all. I don't think marriage means giving up your identity or what you're passionate about, but is her marriage really breaking up just because she likes to go clubbing until 3am? I try to empathize with people, but I can't fathom why a married adult wants to spend THAT much time alone in nightclubs with random strangers when they have a family at home. Most people grow out of clubbing pretty fast and look back on that time as being pretty lame and stupid. And unless she goes there to meet men to have affairs with, I can't really understand the appeal. Even most SINGLE people grow out of going to clubs because they're douchey and prefer activities with more substance and to hang out with genuine people. I don't know, I'm sure it was made up drama just for the show but it seems pretty dumb. 

• Love 1

Episode 7:

"Party Crasher"

Nicole decides to crash Larry's bachelor party in Columbia; Michelle deals with the death of an ex.

Episode 8:

"Wag Wedding Bells"

Nicole has her dream wedding; Natalie looks for closure with her ex; Barbie deals with a shocking revelation about the future of her marriage.

Aired December 17, 2017.

The weird thing about Nicole is that she's so clingy but so far she hasn't told stories (or filmed anything) that would suggest that she has to be so paranoid about where Larry is, who he's with and what he's doing. The only times he's been dishonest with her is when he's tried to surprise her and which she ruins because she's always trying to keep tabs on him. Her behaviour probably does give him a sense of confidence and validation because she's so invested and for that he's accepted that about her. 

Listening to Barbie talk about her marriage has made me rethink my position. I originally assumed that Sheldon was the needy retired athlete that wanted the trophy wife who he could enjoy life with without any regard for her own goals and aspirations. However, Barbie was mentioning that last year when she was getting married she was thinking about her life with Sheldon and starting a family. It seems she may have changed her mind about how quickly she wanted to actually begin settling down or there was some miscommunication about that. Unless she's doing her best to not make him look bad, but I think it's understandable for someone to question their partner's commitment to the relationship when they're spending more nights out partying at clubs without you than they are spending time with you or the family. I don't think she needs to give up her dreams or having fun with her friends but finding some balance and moderation is probably a good place to start. At the very least, it seems that both sides are contributing to the demise of their marriage. 

Christina Milian does not age. She looks exactly like she did when she first started in the industry. Also, whether that was no make up or minimal make up, she looked great. 

Natalie's boo is pretty easy on the eyes I must say. I thought the entire bridal party looked great. 

10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Christina Milian does not age. She looks exactly like she did when she first started in the industry. Also, whether that was no make up or minimal make up, she looked great. 

This!  She was the only one of them without any make-up on, and she looked absolutely stunning!  

On 12/18/2017 at 6:21 AM, RHJunkie said:

I believe you're referring to Autumn. I have a theory on that. Autumn spent the first season or two talking down to the non-married WAGs because they didn't have a ring. Then it finally hits the press that her husband was sending dirty pics to other women. If she really thinks that the extent of his disloyalty than I have a bridge I can sell her. Now she's tried to be on the show and has done as much as possible to not address her husband's online scandal. Now this season she's on the receiving end of gossip (albeit no physical evidence has surfaced like it did for her husband) and she's probably worried for 2 reasons - she doesn't want the attention back on her marriage because it will likely bring her husband's scandal back into the spotlight; and if her husband feels that she was unfaithful, I think their marriage may shatter.

Thanks for this.  Very interesting.  I'm watching season 1 now (I watched last season on and off, but didn't realize it was actually season 2; except I did see the season 1 episode at the hockey game where Nat and Olivia were being "disrespectful", so I'm not sure how I ended up skipping all of season 1, Lol!) and Autumn and the chick she's fighting with now, are so damn judgey about being wives and "that's why they're just girlfriends <cackle, cackle, cackle>".  It's just so offputting, including her trying to convince the other one that the reason her husband put off the wedding date is because there's probably someone else (what happened to that one, anyway?).  I'm going to enjoy her being taken down a peg. 

Finally got through the finale. 

Nicole is EXHAUSTING! I was cringing when she showed up at Larry's dinner in Cartagena. Who does that? Perhaps her insecurity stems from the fact that there was some overlap in Larry's relationships with her and his previous GF (Metisha). In any case, I hope she's exaggerating her behavior for the show. That said, they both looked really happy on their wedding day. 

After being on the fence about Natalie and Olivia, I've decided I like them. They're fun and seem like pretty loyal friends. Natalie's new BF is hot. 

And I'm glad Autumn and Sasha are resolving the mysterious rift in their friendship. I like them together.

The new WAGS didn't make much of an impact for me. I wonder if they'll return.

I'm just started season 1 of this shitfest, and wow, the blogging twins and their makeup makes my skin hurt.  The terrible contouring, the pounds of cosmetics.  I laugh at how Natalie talks about this busy career she has.  Taking photos of herself.  

And then there is the Barbie chick whose false eyelashes are horribly embarrasing looking.  Nicole and Sasha are the true, natural beauties of this show.